My Bloody Valentine 3D

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

With 3D cinema becoming something that EVERYONE seems to want to get into (see Journey to the Center of the Earth, Avatar, Bolt, and others), it seems fucking sweet to me that a "horror" movie would be willing to jump to 3D so soon.

My Bloody Valentine 3D is a remake of the horror classic starring the dood from Smallville and I think Supernatural, plus a bunch of folks I don't know nor really care much about.  This means I shouldn't have a problem with people getting hacked up piece by piece.  Unfortunately, with so many pretty people running around (and axes being thrown), I'm just afraid that the experience isn't going to be as awesome as it should be.  I mean, anyone who can remember seeing Friday the 13th 3(D) might remember just how bad a horror movie experience can be when the technology is not properly used.

So what do you guys think?  Is this one going to be worth seeing just for the bloodiness of 3D awesomeness, or is it going to be a pass-up?
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I think if you're really going into MBV3D expecting a great horror film, you'll be disappointed. Now, going into it expecting a cheesy ass horror flick, you'll probably have a good time.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By CoolDrMoney

I'd rather see the band perform in 3D, with 3D Jaws on drums

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Optiow

It is going to star Tom welling?
what makes 3D so good anyway, it don't seem any diffrent.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Karmum

This doesn't help the fact that the movie is going to suck.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

I know it's going to more than likely be bad, but dood...you don't know half the movies I've seen in the horror genre.  Ever watch Hellbreeder?  What about Fear of the Dark?  Dark Harvest 1, 2, and 3?  Hell, one of my favorites still remains to be Flesh-Eating Mothers (which I recently obtained on DVD without use of the interwebz online ordering devils).  I've seen more B-A-D horror movies than I could honestly have space or time to list off.  Therefore, I'm not freaking out too much about the quality of this picture, nor the fact that it's a remake of a classic.

I'm expecting a bad movie as is.  What I mean by a bad horror movie experience is this:

When Friday the 13th came out in 3D, it was a complete disaster.  The movie wasn't very 3D at all, and the parts that were 3D were stupid.  It was mostly an attempt to make the machete look like it's leaping off the screen.  It was an absolute joke!

Meanwhile, you could get someone way back in the day like William Castle who could actually make a movie like House on Haunted Hill work well (and if you don't know what I mean, do some research, because William Castle was an amazing man).

So, it's more the idea that the movie will fail miserably as a 3D film.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By kmdrkul

Can't say much for the film, but love the band :D

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead

I've heard this film is hilariously bad. I'm going to see it next week, I think.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Systech
Karmum said:
"This doesn't help the fact that the movie is going to suck."
Pretty much, yeah.
zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By zitosilva
CoolDrMoney said:
"I'd rather see the band perform in 3D, with 3D Jaws on drums"
Yeah, I was also thinking this was related to the band.

Anyway, it's most likely a bad movie but one that's not boring to watch. I unfortunately have yet to see any movie in 3d. Apparently it's impossible to put subtitles in them, and because of that every single 3d release get dubbed here, and I refuse to see a dubbed movie.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#11  Edited By citizenkane

Too bad that the movie is almost certain to suck balls.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By clarke0

I'm not too big on the 3D cinema thing. Usually the visuals don't make up for the fact that the movie sucks.

KiddSushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By KiddSushi

I saw Friday the 13th Part 2 a couple years ago in 3D. It was great fun because the audience was really loud and no one was taking it seriously. There was a scene where the characters on screen were smoking a joint, and it came out into the audience when they passed it. Crowd went fucking nuts.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Karl_Boss

I thought this was going to be about the band......I'm pretty disappointed.