Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek

What do you think of the movie so far from what you've saw? It was released this weekend did anybody go see it and what was your thoughts on it? I love the trailers, and Michael Cera is simply masterful.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Discorsi

I saw this.  It was an okay movie which definitely had a lot of good moments but i thought near the end it got a little stupid.

Actually the whole movie had a pretty stupid premise but it still had its good moments.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

It got a 72% on rotten tomatoes (last time I looked) which is pretty favorable for this type of movie from them. I might go check it out with some friends. Maybe make a date out of it, if I'm lucky.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive

I can't stand Michael Cera anymore, the dude has NO TALENT. 

i thought he might be a little different in this, but he acts the exact same as he does in every other movie he has ever been in, including the show arrested development. 
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Discorsi
TwoOneFive said:
"I can't stand Michael Cera anymore, the dude has NO TALENT. 
i thought he might be a little different in this, but he acts the exact same as he does in every other movie he has ever been in, including the show arrested development. 
"
I agree.  Dude is always that shy geekish guy.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

Playing one type of role fantastically =/= talentless? I'll have to remember that one next time the Heath Ledger parade come round loving a guy who only had one good role in his career.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RetroIce4

I might check it out. Come on btjunkie!

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Lies
HandsomeDead said:
"Playing one type of role fantastically =/= talentless? I'll have to remember that one next time the Heath Ledger parade come round loving a guy who only had one good role in his career."
wut
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead
Lies said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Playing one type of role fantastically =/= talentless? I'll have to remember that one next time the Heath Ledger parade come round loving a guy who only had one good role in his career."
wut"
Just pointing out the hypocrisy a lot of people have about actors. If they can do one character really well, people say they can't act yet everyone is in love with Heath Ledger after his turn in The Dark Knight and he was a terrible actor in everything else he'd been in.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10  Edited By mike
HandsomeDead said:
Just pointing out the hypocrisy a lot of people have about actors. If they can do one character really well, people say they can't act yet everyone is in love with Heath Ledger after his turn in The Dark Knight and he was a terrible actor in everything else he'd been in."

The difference is that Michael Cera plays the exact same character in everything he does...Heath Ledger only played The Joker once.  Not a very good analogy..
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Shocker

I will probably end up seeing it, but I'm not sure how good it will be.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead
MB said:
"HandsomeDead said:
Just pointing out the hypocrisy a lot of people have about actors. If they can do one character really well, people say they can't act yet everyone is in love with Heath Ledger after his turn in The Dark Knight and he was a terrible actor in everything else he'd been in."

The difference is that Michael Cera plays the exact same character in everything he does...Heath Ledger only played The Joker once.  Not a very good analogy.."
Yes, but at least he's doing it well. Ledger was appalling in most of his earlier films.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By kush

I've thought about seeing it, but I ended up seeing Appaloosa instead. Appaloosa = A "buddy cop" western with a theater full of nothing but old people...I may still see Nick and Norah later this week, but I'm not really sure about this film.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14  Edited By OGCartman
Jayge said:
"It got a 72% on rotten tomatoes (last time I looked) which is pretty favorable for this type of movie from them. I might go check it out with some friends. Maybe make a date out of it, if I'm lucky."
Its a movie critic! Has absolutely nothing to do with your personal taste
Movie Critic's is the biggest bullshit ever.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Jayge_
Cartman said:
"Jayge said:
"It got a 72% on rotten tomatoes (last time I looked) which is pretty favorable for this type of movie from them. I might go check it out with some friends. Maybe make a date out of it, if I'm lucky."
Its a movie critic! Has absolutely nothing to do with your personal taste
Movie Critic's is the biggest bullshit ever."
I've worked out a good, approximated scale of how the RT average score correlates to my opinion of a movie (usually) factoring in for certain reviewers and demographic.
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Lies
HandsomeDead said:
"Lies said:
"HandsomeDead said:
wut"
Ummmmmm.....
Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Darth_Tyrev
Lies said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Lies said:
"HandsomeDead said:
wut"
Ummmmmm....."
Seriously. He was better in that than he was in The Dark Knight. 
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By TheGamerGeek

The movie is getting some pretty ok reviews, I saw some that was 2 stars and some that were 5 and some that were 4. So I'm hopefully gonna go see this Friday so I'll post my thoughts as soon as I see it.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TwoOneFive
HandsomeDead said:
you're out of your mind. heath ledger was nominated for brokeback mountain (say what you will, but he played it well) and he was great a several other roles as well. he was good in im not there, lords of dogtown, candy, and others. dont know why youre hating on his acting talent regardless of what you thought about him. the main thing is that most of the time, he acted drastically different in every role. his role in brokeback was nothing like he did before, same with dark knight.  he had WAYYYY more talent then Cera ever will. 
if i only watched his scenes only in his scenes in all three of his movies, i'd think i were watching sequels.  it not like he is similar in each movie, EXACTLY THE SAME.  its always like, "Oh...yeah!...uh...okay. yeah. thats pretty cool!...uh...ahem..."insert quick joke here"...uh..." 
his main purpose in his movies is to make the other characters funnier. that was all he did in superbad definitely. mclovin pops up and thats hilarious and cera makes fun of the name mclovin. 
jonah was talking about the penis drawing obsession, and cera says thats really gay. hahahahaha omb so funny 
his career is going to end after this im sure. if he doesn't try something else in his next movie, he will be remembered as just another Bob Goldthwait or somethin. 
HoldSteady828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By HoldSteady828

Regardless of whether you see the movie: I recommend everyone give the soundtrack a listen.