• 103 results
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xruntime

As you would expect, O'Reilly was pretty aggressive, but neither side truly blew away the other. 

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BiggerBomb

O'Reilly is to news as Pizza Hut is to Pizza.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Dalai
BiggerBomb said:
"O'Reilly is to news as Pizza Hut is to Pizza."
So that's why I like Pizza Hut.

Sure O'Reilly isn't the most popular guy in the media, but I've seen worse.  Besides, Obama needs a good, tough interview to shake things up.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb

He isn't the most popular guy in the media because he is a complete douche bag working for the least credible TV News Media station out there. Fox News is practically a tabloid, they have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. "Terrorist Fist Jab," are you fucking kidding me?!

Fox News is a joke and so is everyone working for it.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By vidiot

Is O'Reilly even relevant any more?

Dalai said:

"BiggerBomb said:
On a more serious issue. Really? I've seen taking it for the team, but even if I was a neo-conservative I would rather admit to eating glass than Pizza Hut pizza. Raise the bar for yourself, even in metaphorical analogies you deserve better. :P
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xruntime

I love Pizza Hut pizza. Bill O'Reilly? not so much...

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Silverain

Pizza Hut is the best pizza I've ever had. Couldn't care less about O'Reilly, though.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dalai
vidiot said:
"Is O'Reilly even relevant any more?

Dalai said:
"BiggerBomb said:
On a more serious issue. Really? I've seen taking it for the team, but even if I was a neo-conservative I would rather admit to eating glass than Pizza Hut pizza. Raise the bar for yourself, even in metaphorical analogies you deserve better. :P"
So I take it you don't care for Pizza Hut.  Now if it were Domino's Pizza, it would be totally different... he just ended up choosing a pizza chain I actually like.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vidiot

Wait... Did O'Reilly just criticize Obama for by giving a hypothetical answer to a question regarding a future war with Iran?...

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive

Dude, you guys need to shut the fuck up. O'rielly is agressive because most of the time, any other interview he does, nobody gets that way with these guys. 

and just because they may disagree on anything or argue about anything at all, doesn't mean that o'rielly is a biased scum (most of the time he is but not because of this interview). Obama needs somebody like O'Reilly to get down and serious about the points. 
The fact that he got him to squeal that the surge succeded his wildest dreams amazed me. thats going to hurt him big time, and palin and mccain already have jumped on it. 
nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nail1080

That interview was pathetic, O reilly kept interrupting his answers

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Patchinko
TwoOneFive said:
"Dude, you guys need to shut the fuck up. O'rielly is agressive because most of the time, any other interview he does, nobody gets that way with these guys. 
and just because they may disagree on anything or argue about anything at all, doesn't mean that o'rielly is a biased scum (most of the time he is but not because of this interview). Obama needs somebody like O'Reilly to get down and serious about the points. 
The fact that he got him to squeal that the surge succeded his wildest dreams amazed me. thats going to hurt him big time, and palin and mccain already have jumped on it. 
"
What gauge are we using to call the surge a "success" again? 

Because a car bomb in Baghdad killed two people and injured seventeen others earlier today. But hey, at least no American soldiers have died... since last Friday.

Mission accomplished?
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mourne

Bill O'Reilly is a moron. Simple as that.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Patchinko
Mourne said:
"Bill O'Reilly is a moron. Simple as that."
Eh, he's doing his job. It's the people who take him seriously and actually agree with the character he's playing on TV who are the morons. Or shall I call them "pinheads"?
clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By clubsandwich
Silverain said:
"Pizza Hut is the best pizza I've ever had. Couldn't care less about O'Reilly, though."
agreed, that guy should die for the good of Earth...
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mourne
Patchinko said:
"Mourne said:
Eh, he's doing his job. It's the people who take him seriously and actually agree with the character he's playing on TV who are the morons. Or shall I call them "pinheads"?"
Well, it's around the time he starts calling his guests "lunatic" and the like, just for having differing opinions, that I get tired of him. He's a douche bag, through and through. I honestly can't say I enjoy anything more than seeing O'Reilly get put in his place, and it happens quite a bit. Phil Donahue, Richard Dawkins, and especially Geraldo Rivera all took him down a notch. I mean, who can forget Stephen Colbert's appearance?

Bill really believes the bullshit he says--else, he wouldn't be writing a new book about the same shit year-in and year-out. Have you ever seen the time when Al Franken shut Bill O'Reilly down? O'Reilly was absolutely furious, and just started screaming, while Franken kept his cool and just kept laying into Bill's bullshit.
Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Darth_Tyrev

That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Bill didn't act like an asshole nearly as bad as I thought he would either.

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By normajean777
BiggerBomb said:
"He isn't the most popular guy in the media because he is a complete douche bag working for the least credible TV News Media station out there. Fox News is practically a tabloid, they have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. "Terrorist Fist Jab," are you fucking kidding me?!

Fox News is a joke and so is everyone working for it."
yeah like cnn is any better they both are biased and both suck but if i had to choose which one to watch it would be fox.  cnn is way to liberal
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mourne
normajean777 said:
"yeah like cnn is any better they both are biased and both suck but if i had to choose which one to watch it would be fox.  cnn is way to liberal"
You cannot even begin to compare CNN to FOX. Like, that's not even a comparison. CNN is an actual news source. Let's compare: AC360 vs. Bill O'Reilly.

AC360 is an actual news program. There's actual news there. O'Reilly's show is for nothing more than entertainment--when's the last time you learned something from O'Reilly?
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vidiot
clubsandwich said:
"Silverain said:
"Pizza Hut is the best pizza I've ever had. Couldn't care less about O'Reilly, though."
agreed, that guy should die for the good of Earth..."
I will not back down from my initial judgment, that I believe eating glass is way better than eating Pizza Hut pizza. I was right to make that decision, because god told me to say it. I will stay the course. Pizza Hut pizza is an attack to our Pizza values and way of life. This is the ideological struggle of our times: What will be put up with regarding cheap generic pizza.

To further justify my point:
Pictured Left: Pizza Hut now harboring yellow pasta thing.
Pictured Left: Pizza Hut now harboring yellow pasta thing.

Pick a side pizza hut. You either sell pizza or pasta, you can't do both. As Bill O'Riley said... In our inevitable future war with Iran and SkyNet and the Terminators (I might have added a bit there.)... We need leadership that can decisively respond absolutely to the crisis's our country and the world will face.

When a Terminator is knocking on your door at 3 a.m., just ask yourself this:

What would Jesus eat? Pizza Hut...Or pizza from a restaurant.

Don't answer in hypothetically. This is totally serious.

...Yes pinhead, I'm being sarcastic.
What I'm trying to get at here is that Pizza Hut is alright some times. :P
Avatar image for darthincredible25
darthincredible25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 3

Bill O'Reilly is such a bully, his interview skills are to put fear into you and force answers out of you before you can think of one. Fox News is a joke, seriously!

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Patchinko
Mourne said:
"Patchinko said:
"Mourne said:
Eh, he's doing his job. It's the people who take him seriously and actually agree with the character he's playing on TV who are the morons. Or shall I call them "pinheads"?"
Well, it's around the time he starts calling his guests "lunatic" and the like, just for having differing opinions, that I get tired of him. He's a douche bag, through and through. I honestly can't say I enjoy anything more than seeing O'Reilly get put in his place, and it happens quite a bit. Phil Donahue, Richard Dawkins, and especially Geraldo Rivera all took him down a notch. I mean, who can forget Stephen Colbert's appearance?

Bill really believes the bullshit he says--else, he wouldn't be writing a new book about the same shit year-in and year-out. Have you ever seen the time when Al Franken shut Bill O'Reilly down? O'Reilly was absolutely furious, and just started screaming, while Franken kept his cool and just kept laying into Bill's bullshit."
I don't really disagree with you. I just think the real idiots in the room are the ones taking him seriously. It'd be just like taking Colbert seriously, which is what makes Colbert so genius.
Meresin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Meresin

I honestly think the interview was pretty fair. O'Reilly kept up the pressure, and Obama handled it just fine. That's a big feather in his cap to my eyes.

Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sushbag
Mourne said:
"normajean777 said:
"yeah like cnn is any better they both are biased and both suck but if i had to choose which one to watch it would be fox.  cnn is way to liberal"
You cannot even begin to compare CNN to FOX. Like, that's not even a comparison. CNN is an actual news source. Let's compare: AC360 vs. Bill O'Reilly.

AC360 is an actual news program. There's actual news there. O'Reilly's show is for nothing more than entertainment--when's the last time you learned something from O'Reilly?"
Please, are you that stupid? Do you ever actually watch CNN? Look, media corporations are what they are and we as citizens should know that all we're looking for from them is facts of newsworthy happenings, and the price we pay for that is sitting through the marketing of their advertisers and the bias of the reporters and general content. With respect to your CNN vs. Fox argument, you need to understand those basic facts and also just look at it rationally; they are both biased agencies, because all news agencies are biased, they have an agenda that supersedes your personal opinions.

And anyway, how is O'Reilly, one of the biggest personalities in the world and notoriously straight-up with his interviews, sitting down with Obama not news? 
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Patchinko
Sushbag said:
"And anyway, how is O'Reilly, one of the biggest personalities in the world and notoriously straight-up with his interviews, sitting down with Obama not news? "
O'Reilly isn't one of the biggest personalities in the world.

He's not even one of the biggest personalities in the United States.

And if you're going to clamor that he is, I press you to admit that Colbert is as well.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By atejas
Sushbag said:
"Mourne said:
"normajean777 said:

AC360 is an actual news program. There's actual news there. O'Reilly's show is for nothing more than entertainment--when's the last time you learned something from O'Reilly?"
Please, are you that stupid? Do you ever actually watch CNN? Look, media corporations are what they are and we as citizens should know that all we're looking for from them is facts of newsworthy happenings, and the price we pay for that is sitting through the marketing of their advertisers and the bias of the reporters and general content. With respect to your CNN vs. Fox argument, you need to understand those basic facts and also just look at it rationally; they are both biased agencies, because all news agencies are biased, they have an agenda that supersedes your personal opinions.

And anyway, how is O'Reilly, one of the biggest personalities in the world and notoriously straight-up with his interviews, sitting down with Obama not news? "
I think he was talking about the scope of the bias, as opposed to whether it's there or not, but that's still a very well-written post, if I may say so.
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mourne
atejas said:
"Sushbag said:
"Mourne said:
"normajean777 said:

And anyway, how is O'Reilly, one of the biggest personalities in the world and notoriously straight-up with his interviews, sitting down with Obama not news? "
I think he was talking about the scope of the bias, as opposed to whether it's there or not, but that's still a very well-written post, if I may say so."
Atejas is dead on: The main point is that The O'Reilly Factor simply isn't news, due to the encouraged bias and complete lack of neutrality. While I appreciate your condescending attitude, it's wholly unnecessary as it appears you aren't quite familiar with FOX and CNN. Of course there's going to be bias in the reported media, but the fact remains that FOX news is quite well known for possessing a very Republican-focused bias.

With all due respect, Bill O'Reilly is far from "one of the biggest personalities in the world". You should probably, as Bill says, "check your facts" on that one (but, if you subscribe to his modus operandi, it's more like "fabricate them on-air and cover it up later"). Why would he be? Very, very few news outlets outside of America would even bother carrying O'Reilly's program, not only due to his clear bias, but simply because it's a very, very American program. Are you actually a fan of Bill O'Reilly? I can't imagine anyone who isn't an ardent fan of his proclaiming him as "one of the biggest personalities in the world," but I digress.

FOX is known for taking a clear side on any ambiguous case, and usually as ultra-conservatives and, naturally, Republicans. Remember the Terri Schiavo incident all the way back in 2005? Have you ever seen John Gibson's "The Big Story" program? Is Neil Cavuto, a network executive, being a public Bush apologist not enough? Not familiar with Nas's petition on FOX's racist approach? Anti-global warning warrior Steven Milloy? Look back at all of these incidents and the people behind them, and then tell me that FOX News is anything but overly biased.

Hell, there are triple the amount of controversial statements and approaches taken by Bill O'Reilly alone. Why not read Al Franken's Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them in order for you to form a slightly more... informed opinion?

Again: There will always be differing amounts of bias in the media. As Atejas said, the scope of the bias is the problem here, not the very existence of it. The approach that FOX takes by embracing this bias and yet cowardly denying it when confronted is why so many are critics. With respect to your Bill O'Reilly vs. God argument, you should "understand these basic facts and also just look at it rationally" before making a rash generalization of all those that do not kneel to O'Reilly and FOX's bidding.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BiggerBomb
normajean777 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"He isn't the most popular guy in the media because he is a complete douche bag working for the least credible TV News Media station out there. Fox News is practically a tabloid, they have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. "Terrorist Fist Jab," are you fucking kidding me?!

Fox News is a joke and so is everyone working for it."
yeah like cnn is any better they both are biased and both suck but if i had to choose which one to watch it would be fox.  cnn is way to liberal"

MSNBC is where it's at. I'm not a fan of CNN at all.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BiggerBomb
Sushbag said:
"Mourne said:
"normajean777 said:

Actually, I think you are stupid. O'Reilly is a straight up dickhead. He did a special about a year back where he went into a well known restaurant in Harlem and he was suprised that, "the people who ate there actually used napkins, knives, and forks." Racist motherfucker.

FUCK IT! WE'LL DO IT LIVE!!!!!!!!

Yeah, he's a personality alright.  Do you ever actually watch The O'Reilly Factor? If there is someone who is even slightly off the beaten path of the right-wing nutcase he won't even let them speak, spouting out his nonsense without backing any logic behind it. An interview with Obama is news, O'Reilly lecturing Obama is not.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30  Edited By mike

Let's move forward in this discussion without calling one another names, please.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Hamz

I'm from the UK and we even take jabs at Fox News for its poor work at journalism and reporting the news in an unbias fashion.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BiggerBomb
Hamz said:
"I'm from the UK and we even take jabs at Fox News for its poor work at journalism and reporting the news in an unbias fashion."

Unbias? u kidn me?
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TwoOneFive
Patchinko said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"Dude, you guys need to shut the fuck up. O'rielly is agressive because most of the time, any other interview he does, nobody gets that way with these guys. 
"
What gauge are we using to call the surge a "success" again? 

Because a car bomb in Baghdad killed two people and injured seventeen others earlier today. But hey, at least no American soldiers have died... since last Friday.

Mission accomplished?
"
not what i said at all, and why are you even replying to this, i said obama was the one who said that. not me. and the truth is though, that the surge has been working very well, thats why the dems don't peep a word about iraq lately. 
Mourne said:
"normajean777 said:

wow you gotta be fucking kidding me. dude, you are so beyond repair right now lol. 
so you don't watch fox becausee you compared o'rielly to cooper...okaaayyy...and you actually think you're watching a more legitament news source. fox news has just as much news as cnn, the only difference is their obvious bias. fox is basically the only network that has more conservative correspondents, cnn and especially msnbc are filled more with liberal correspondents. 

also, why the hell are you comparing O'Reilly to 360 anyways? How about comparing Cooper with Shepard Smith because those two shows are pretty much the same. O'Reilly would be better compared to Larry King
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TwoOneFive

BiggerBomb said:
"Hamz said:
"I'm from the UK and we even take jabs at Fox News for its poor work at journalism and reporting the news in an unbias fashion."

Unbias? u kidn me?"
lol who made him a moderator anyways?
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Karmum
TwoOneFive said:
"
BiggerBomb said:
"Hamz said:

Unbias? u kidn me?"
lol who made him a moderator anyways?"
I believe your sarcasm detector is off today. Clearly he would do a better job than you, he already has done better than you in the grammar department. Don't judge him, because you aren't in his shoes.

Read his statement over again, especially the underlined-bolded words.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mike
TwoOneFive said:
The same people who made the rest of us moderators on the first day (or before) - take a guess.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dalai

Getting back on track here.

I believe Keith Olbermann is interviewing Obama this week... and Olbermann has a man crush on Obama.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By BoG

The best thing about fox news is their slogan, "Fair and Balanced." You KNOW it is fair and balanced when 20 minutes of Hannity & Colmes is spent mocking Alan Colmes "LOL you are liberal!"

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BiggerBomb
Karmum said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"
BiggerBomb said:
"Hamz said:

Unbias? u kidn me?"
I believe your sarcasm detector is off today. Clearly he would do a better job than you, he already has done better than you in the grammar department. Don't judge him, because you aren't in his shoes.

Read his statement over again, especially the underlined-bolded words."

Don't be a tool, when using sarcasm inflection is pretty important.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BiggerBomb
BoG said:
"The best thing about fox news is their slogan, "Fair and Balanced." You KNOW it is fair and balanced when 20 minutes of Hannity & Colmes is spent mocking Alan Colmes "LOL you are liberal!""

=P
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mike

Fox is definitely biased, but there has to be at least one network out there to balance out Obama Love Fest 08.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xruntime
I didn't know Obama Love Fest 08 was equal coverage of both the Republican and Democratic conventions. Most of the major networks devote equal time to both Obama and McCain. Show me one where that isn't the case - I can assure you ABC, PBS, and CBS, the networks I have watched, do. 

O'Reilly, at the very least, needs to let Obama answer the question before he asks a follow up. 
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By Jayge_

I may think Fox News is a giant piece of shit, but there shouldn't be *anybody* calling any show with Anderson Cooper on it a serious news program. That's just hypocrisy.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mike
xruntime said:

O'Reilly, at the very least, needs to let Obama answer the question before he asks a follow up. 
Eh, I somewhat agree, but as usual, Obama was being a politician and not directly answering O'Reilly's question.  He should have at least let Obama finish answering before calling him out on that, though.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BiggerBomb
Jayge said:
"I may think Fox News is a giant piece of shit, but there shouldn't be *anybody* calling any show with Anderson Cooper on it a serious news program. That's just hypocrisy."

Anderson Cooper is also a joke. "Tune in at X:00 and you'll see the greatest interview, ever conducted on television."

AC: So many criticisms against Governor Palin have been her lack of experience. Your thoughts, Senator McCain?

John McCain: They're wrong.

AC: Ok.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xruntime
MB said:
"xruntime said:

Eh, I somewhat agree, but as usual, Obama was being a politician and not directly answering O'Reilly's question.  He should have at least let Obama finish answering before calling him out on that, though."
I agree, but unfortunately, honesty doesn't pay in politics. He was wrong about the surge, but he doesn't like to admit it because Americans won't think as much of him if he admits he's wrong, and he wanted to emphasize that you can't just keep on putting more money and troops into Iraq. It's like George Bush saying that there are weapons of mass destruction - he was wrong, but when he talks, he focuses on getting rid of a corrupt dictator. 
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Randolph

C-span is better than both of them, completely neutral.  I get to make up my mind, spin free.  But if I had to  pick between the two being discussed, I'd go with CNN.  Fox News is all about sensationalism and beating the wardrums to help the Bush administration out with getting people to accept the idea of a war with Iran. (which is about as necessary as the Iraq war was, that is to say, not in the slightest bit)

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By xruntime

I think PBS is the best unbiased news there is. It's being criticized for being too liberal, but I don't think that's the case. 

They feature two regular columnists, Mark Shields, and David Brooks, Shields is liberal, Brooks is conservative. It balances out. They regularly cite professors and historians - people who know their shit, and are well informed. 
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mourne
BiggerBomb said:
"Jayge said:
"I may think Fox News is a giant piece of shit, but there shouldn't be *anybody* calling any show with Anderson Cooper on it a serious news program. That's just hypocrisy."

Anderson Cooper is also a joke. "Tune in at X:00 and you'll see the greatest interview, ever conducted on television."

AC: So many criticisms against Governor Palin have been her lack of experience. Your thoughts, Senator McCain?

John McCain: They're wrong.

AC: Ok."

The Silver Surfer is a great reporter, as he does give you the entire story at least. He's not the best out there, but he is fair--unlike O'Reilly.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jayge_
Blazin_Moe said:
Sorry Jayge, I had to edit out this dude's post
A fine product of the English school system right here, folks.