• 103 results
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By mike

Blazin_Moe, I'm sure you can find a more productive and less insulting way of expressing your opinions.  Actually...I require it.  Thanks.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Jayge_
Mourne said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Jayge said:
"I may think Fox News is a giant piece of shit, but there shouldn't be *anybody* calling any show with Anderson Cooper on it a serious news program. That's just hypocrisy."

Anderson Cooper is also a joke. "Tune in at X:00 and you'll see the greatest interview, ever conducted on television."

AC: So many criticisms against Governor Palin have been her lack of experience. Your thoughts, Senator McCain?

John McCain: They're wrong.

AC: Ok."

The Silver Surfer is a great reporter, as he does give you the entire story at least. He's not the best out there, but he is fair--unlike O'Reilly."
He's the polar opposite. A complete pushover.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By atejas
Blazin_Moe said:
"Bill O'reilly is just a tea bagging closet homo who tries to demonize the left. Now hes propagandaring Iran like he did Iraq.
Get McCains shrivelled up sacks out your mouth and start being fair and balanced.
Yeah i made up a word, thats  how tough i am."
Your atrocious grammar even makes Barack Obama angry.
Your atrocious grammar even makes Barack Obama angry.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By BoG
Jayge said:
"I may think Fox News is a giant piece of shit, but there shouldn't be *anybody* calling any show with Anderson Cooper on it a serious news program. That's just hypocrisy."
Hey, I like CNN, and I respect Anderson Cooper for his neutrality. So far, CNN has had the best election coverage.
Also, in defense of Fox News, the anchorwoman gave an Obama critic a really tough time the other day, and right after talking about how much she loved Palin.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By atejas
BoG said:
"Jayge said:
Hey, I like CNN, and I respect Anderson Cooper for his neutrality. So far, CNN has had the best election coverage.
Also, in defense of Fox News, the anchorwoman gave an Obama critic a really tough time the other day, and right after talking about how much she loved Palin.
"
Meh, I prefer BBC(for other news, anyway). CNN seems to be a bit......novelty-oriented.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By BiggerBomb
BoG said:
"Jayge said:
"
No, that would be MSNBC.
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Illmatic

You people need to taste some NY Pizza if Pizza Hut is the best you've guys had.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BoG
atejas said:
"BoG said:
"Jayge said:
"
Meh, I prefer BBC(for other news, anyway). CNN seems to be a bit......novelty-oriented."
I like CNN for the panels they have every day consisting of republicans and democrats. I have seen very balanced coverage of all the issues, and some good discussions about cnadidates and their policies.
Also, I may be the only one, but I think Campbell Brown is attractive.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jayge_
Blazin_Moe said:
He... doesn't dominate the ratings every night? Got any proof to back up the statement that he does?
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By atejas
BoG said:
"atejas said:
"BoG said:
"Jayge said:
"
Meh, I prefer BBC(for other news, anyway). CNN seems to be a bit......novelty-oriented."
I like CNN for the panels they have every day consisting of republicans and democrats. I have seen very balanced coverage of all the issues, and some good discussions about cnadidates and their policies.
Also, I may be the only one, but I think Campbell Brown is attractive.
"
Yeah, but I dont follow the elections as avidly as you do.
Still, this panel sounds interesting, do they hold daily debates and stuff?
Blazin_Moe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By Blazin_Moe
Jayge said:
"Blazin_Moe said:
"Oreilly = Rasict, homophobe, war monger. no wonder hes dominating the ratings every night Fox News !!!!!!! fair and balanced."
He... doesn't dominate the ratings every night? Got any proof to back up the statement that he does?"
Yeah FOX NEWS lol. Man i hate how someone hasnt invented a sarcasm widget for vista.

Come on BoG dont block out everything that you dont agree with its very 1930s Germany. Im pretty sure i didnt swear or anything. Remember with great power comes great responsibility BoG.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BoG

They have many segments throughout the day where they will invite analysts, stragetsists and others from from both sides to have discussions, and answer questions. No one ever gets really angry, but they all present their side. The people who do the reporting are also great, because they always try to be fair and get the full idea of what people are saying.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By atejas
BoG said:
"They have many segments throughout the day where they will invite analysts, stragetsists and others from from both sides to have discussions, and answer questions. No one ever gets really angry, but they all present their side. The people who do the reporting are also great, because they always try to be fair and get the full idea of what people are saying."
Seems very interesting. I'd check it out if I had the time and cared more.
Blazin_Moe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Blazin_Moe

BBC World FTW

wheres theres more to the world than obama and britney

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Mourne
BoG said:
"I like CNN for the panels they have every day consisting of republicans and democrats. I have seen very balanced coverage of all the issues, and some good discussions about cnadidates and their policies.
Also, I may be the only one, but I think Campbell Brown is attractive."
Agreed. CNN isn't a perfect news source, but it's far closer to the middle than FOX News ever was (or should I say "FAUX News"?). I really like to see the panels discussing the candidates, because they don't get dirty when they do it. No one tries to make it a hate-argument like what you see on other networks--they're just analysts balancing who's doing what and who's doing what America is responding to.

I wake up every morning and watch CNN before doing any work. It's a good source of news, and the best I have seen in my days. It's not perfect, no, but it's more fair than any other I've seen.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jayge_
Blazin_Moe said:
"BBC World FTW

wheres theres more to the world than obama and britney"
Did someone make your tea cold this morning or something?
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Mourne
Jayge said:
"Blazin_Moe said:
"BBC World FTW

Did someone make your tea cold this morning or something?"
Wow, Jayge you are totally hating on everything here. You got a favorite, or are you your only source of news?

Heh, if not, I suggest Entertainment Weekly--there's far and balanced politics, my friend.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By BiggerBomb

Yeah, Wolf Blitzer is so great......

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BoG

Blazin Moe, watch it with the insults. Let's make this a good political discussion, please refrain from insults.

Of course, no matter where you post that, it is inappropriate and delete-worthy. This is your warning, you are walking on thin ice.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jayge_
Mourne said:
"Jayge said:
"Blazin_Moe said:
"BBC World FTW

Wow, Jayge you are totally hating on everything here. You got a favorite, or are you your only source of news?

Heh, if not, I suggest Entertainment Weekly--there's far and balanced politics, my friend."
I've got sources for opinionated news. As for just plain-out coverage of shit, I balance between a bunch of random sites.

I was hating on him for his ridiculous anti-America stereotyping. Not for his choice of news coverage. I rather like the BBC.
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mourne
Jayge said:
"I've got sources for opinionated news. As for just plain-out coverage of shit, I balance between a bunch of random sites.

I was hating on him for his ridiculous anti-America stereotyping. Not for his choice of news coverage. I rather like the BBC."
Ah, I see. I actually like the BBC News coverage as well.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By BiggerBomb
Blazin_Moe said:
"Mourne said:
"Jayge said:
"Blazin_Moe said:
"BBC World FTW

I would of had tea, but you were too busy sucking on the teabag. Thats why im angry."

BURRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOT!
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BiggerBomb
Blazin_Moe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Blazin_Moe

BiggerBomb said:

"

Blazin_Moe said:

"i love you BiggerBomb can i cum in your mouth"

Anyway...

I think one of the best news sources is actually The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, no joke. More and more people are using him as their source of political news. Joe Biden actually announced his presidential campaign on The Daily Show. It's a great way to get your news without having to deal with the headaches of the more "formal" news outlets.

Srsly

"
The daily show is just as bad as fox news..........except its not a news show.
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Mourne
BiggerBomb said:

I think one of the best news sources is actually The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, no joke. More and more people are using him as their source of political news. Joe Biden actually announced his presidential campaign on The Daily Show. It's a great way to get your news without having to deal with the headaches of the more "formal" news outlets.

You're not as crazy as you think.

'Daily Show,' 'Colbert' viewers more informed about news

That's something that hit the press not long ago.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By BiggerBomb
Mourne said:
"BiggerBomb said:

You're not as crazy as you think.

'Daily Show,' 'Colbert' viewers more informed about news

That's something that hit the press not long ago."
I'm pretty sure that the New York Times or NBC had a report about this, I forget which.

Blazin_Moe said:
"    BiggerBomb said:
"

Blazin_Moe said:

Anyway...

Srsly

"
The daily show is just as bad as fox news..........except its not a news show."

/sigh

I'm not going to dignify this with a response.
Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#77  Edited By Jecrell

I think Mr. O'Reilly was too loose, perhaps he had some whiskey before he started the interview?

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78  Edited By xruntime

BBC World is actually pretty good because they have news from all across the world. I hate those lame feel-good stories that all the news networks bring ("Next up, a disabled child's dog found 200 miles away after missing for 3 weeks") just to fill the time - why not some news from other countries? Most networks just talk about America, and relegate big world issues like the Georgian war and Zimbabwe inflation to just a couple minutes. 

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Mourne
xruntime said:
I hate those lame feel-good stories that all the news networks bring ("Next up, a disabled child's dog found 200 miles away after missing for 3 weeks") just to fill the time...
On FOX News, that would be: "Next up, a disabled child that nearly killed his dog by not chasing him down in his wheelchair. The child should face charges, and we'll tell you why when we come back."
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Patchinko
TwoOneFive said:
"Patchinko said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"Dude, you guys need to shut the fuck up. O'rielly is agressive because most of the time, any other interview he does, nobody gets that way with these guys. 
and just because they may disagree on anything or argue about anything at all, doesn't mean that o'rielly is a biased scum (most of the time he is but not because of this interview). Obama needs somebody like O'Reilly to get down and serious about the points. 
The fact that he got him to squeal that the surge succeded his wildest dreams amazed me. thats going to hurt him big time, and palin and mccain already have jumped on it. 
"
What gauge are we using to call the surge a "success" again? 

Because a car bomb in Baghdad killed two people and injured seventeen others earlier today. But hey, at least no American soldiers have died... since last Friday.

Mission accomplished?
"
not what i said at all, and why are you even replying to this, i said obama was the one who said that. not me. and the truth is though, that the surge has been working very well, thats why the dems don't peep a word about iraq lately.
"
"Not what I said at all"... and then you go on to say precisely that.
You people can keep calling the surge a "success" if you want. I'll call it a "success" when there there aren't American troops and Iraqi citizens dying on a daily basis as a result of it. It sickens me that you people are so far removed from the war that you think what's going on there now is a "success". That place is being held together by a very thin thread. 

If you love the war so much, go fight it. Lord knows I'd rather have you and the other war supporters over there than the National Guardsmen who are supposed to be available to defend the homeland if there were an attack on our soil.

Mourne said:
"BoG said:
"I like CNN for the panels they have every day consisting of republicans and democrats. I have seen very balanced coverage of all the issues, and some good discussions about cnadidates and their policies.
Also, I may be the only one, but I think Campbell Brown is attractive."
Agreed. CNN isn't a perfect news source, but it's far closer to the middle than FOX News ever was (or should I say "FAUX News"?). I really like to see the panels discussing the candidates, because they don't get dirty when they do it. No one tries to make it a hate-argument like what you see on other networks--they're just analysts balancing who's doing what and who's doing what America is responding to.

I wake up every morning and watch CNN before doing any work. It's a good source of news, and the best I have seen in my days. It's not perfect, no, but it's more fair than any other I've seen."
CNN is left-of-center while FOX News is far right. MSNBC is more like the left version of FOX News than CNN is. For cable news networks in America, CNN is about as unbiased as you can get. And people who clamor that it's "liberal" need to sit down and watch Lou Dobbs Tonight. Lou Dobbs, the self-proclaimed spokesman for Independents (who's actually very obviously quite right-of-center). if someone's going to call Anderson Cooper "Liberal", Lou Dobbs is CNN's answer to that. I'll give him credit for at least being against the war and in favor of fixing the economy and investing in homeland development. If it weren't for his adamant anti-immigrant stance, I might agree with him more.

But for reliable news, Reuters online is easy to find, you can read the AP directly (just keep in mind that the individual articles can be as biased as the writer wants them to be, so you need to know the writer's stance ahead of time), and BBC is quite even-handed in regards to American news as well.
ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ManlyBeast

Looks like bill got him to answer some questions for a change.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Comedy Central has been pissing me off lately in their completely one-sided coverage of this election.  It's almost like they can't stop their circle-jerk over Obama to hardly ever say anything negative about the man, and have all decided to put aside writing actual jokes in favor of doing everything they can to ruin McCain.  I've already noticed them cutting video together to make it look like sections of a speech were about something else.  Sometimes it's done in any obvious and funny way, but other times you would think it was completely real if you hadn't seen the actual speech.  And while they used to make jokes about Obama, they almost never do anymore.  I don't mean just because of the RNC either, I'm talking several weeks back.

The last straw was their Root of all Evil show that had red states vs. blue states, and I called it before it started.  Republicans were criticized for everything that republicans get bashed about--which was perfectly fine--but democrats were only criticized for allowing republicans to find success.  In all the episodes I've seen, I've never watched both sides be used to attack the same point, until that show.

They've now become the liberal equivalent of fox news, and they're quickly becoming just as painful to watch.  Believe me, I'm perfectly fine with making fun of republicans--and I have the Patton Oswalt CDs to prove it--but the Daily Show and Colbert Report have lately seemed less like comedy programs and more like attack ads.

I wouldn't care if the show never bothered to attack democrats, but the thing is that they have done so in the past.  They've shown an ability to find humor and fault in both political parties, but it seems because of the election all of that has been put on hold in favor of their personal politics.  It's actually pretty pathetic.

ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ManlyBeast

I laugh at people who say CNN is far.... All they did with McCains vp, is trash her for like 3 days. They are pro-democrat. They are just as bad as foxnews the other way around.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84  Edited By vidiot
BiggerBomb said:
"

Blazin_Moe said:

Anyway...

Srsly

"
Amen to that.

If my news is going to be entertainment I would rather laugh at it than cringe. When it comes to Jon Stewart giving interviews it's quite amazing. Stewart does have a bias, but unlike other "real" pundents, this comedian, is able to carry along conversations with more depth in a shorter time than most news anchors. The casualness of the show allows you to see some interviewees in a light you wouldn't normally see.

For example: Brian Williams will beat the crap out of you if you annoy him. :P

It's difficult to consider him and Colbert your only source of news. It's pretty difficult to get most of his jokes without the context of having watched some of these actual news programs. As an avid Daily Show follower I do read news online, read news papers, and sometimes watch CNN. If anything the Daily Show inspired me to follow the news, and not be the young pot smoking hippie the right has classified me to be, because I watch the show.

I'm looking at you O'Rilley. That report of Daily Show viewers being more entrenched in News was in response to his assertion that the demographic that watches the show are a bunch stoner's.
Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#86  Edited By Bennyishere

O'Reilly is a child.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Patchinko
SpaceInsomniac said:
"They've now become the liberal equivalent of fox news, and they're quickly becoming just as painful to watch. "

Except they aren't passing themselves off as a "fair and balanced" news source. That's the difference. They aren't the "liberal equivalent of fox news" because they don't call themselves "news". It's a comedy channel.

More accurate would be to call FOX news the conservative equivalent of Comedy Central, because people should take it just as seriously as they take a comedy channel.
SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
Patchinko said:
"SpaceInsomniac said:
"They've now become the liberal equivalent of fox news, and they're quickly becoming just as painful to watch. "

Except they aren't passing themselves off as a "fair and balanced" news source. That's the difference. They aren't the "liberal equivalent of fox news" because they don't call themselves "news". It's a comedy channel.

More accurate would be to call FOX news the conservative equivalent of Comedy Central, because people should take it just as seriously as they take a comedy channel.
"
Oh BELIEVE me, I am NOT defending Fox "news."  I'd rather watch the Daily Show over Bill O'Reilly any day.  I'm just saying Comedy Central used to poke fun at both parties, while admittedly leaning largely against republicans, but now they're pretty much ONLY attacking republicans and often at the expense of actual humor.  Just watch the Daily Show and see how often a McCain clip is followed by applause for an attack, or boos directed at McCain instead of actual laughter.  And again, Obama almost never has jokes aimed at him anymore.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By xruntime

You could say the same thing about how Bush gets all the heat, but it could be because he's easy to make fun of. 

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Patchinko
SpaceInsomniac said:
"Patchinko said:
"SpaceInsomniac said:

"
Oh BELIEVE me, I am NOT defending Fox "news."  I'd rather watch the Daily Show over Bill O'Reilly any day.  I'm just saying Comedy Central used to poke fun at both parties, while admittedly leaning largely against republicans, but now they're pretty much ONLY attacking republicans and often at the expense of actual humor.  Just watch the Daily Show and see how often a McCain clip is followed by applause for an attack, or boos directed at McCain instead of actual laughter.  And again, Obama almost never has jokes aimed at him anymore."
Eh, it's hard to fault a channel for catering to it's audience, though. The only reason I feel it's okay to directly bash FOX news is because it does claim to be "fair and balanced", which is just bullshit. Comedy Central isn't telling me it's giving me "fair and balanced news", so I can give it a pass.
Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Omega

Here is a clip from one of my favorite documentary Outfoxed

I <3 Jeremy Glick, O' Reilly is a douche.
Best part: O'Reilly telling Glick that Glick's father would be disappointed in him. Very smooth O'Reilly
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By BiggerBomb
SpaceInsomniac said:
"Patchinko said:
"SpaceInsomniac said:

"
Oh BELIEVE me, I am NOT defending Fox "news."  I'd rather watch the Daily Show over Bill O'Reilly any day.  I'm just saying Comedy Central used to poke fun at both parties, while admittedly leaning largely against republicans, but now they're pretty much ONLY attacking republicans and often at the expense of actual humor.  Just watch the Daily Show and see how often a McCain clip is followed by applause for an attack, or boos directed at McCain instead of actual laughter.  And again, Obama almost never has jokes aimed at him anymore."

Have you ever wondered why conservative philosphies are hated and bashed upon by the media? It isn't a conspiracy, no one is personally out to kill the Republican party's newborns while they sleep. It is because their ideals are.....

*Drumroll*

Outdated, impractical, illogical, belligerent, and divisive. "Oh no, Obama wants to sit down with President Akmadinajad without any terms. He also doesn't wear a lapel pin, he fist bumps his wife, is black, was born in Hawaii, wore the clothes of a culture he visited, and is a muslim. He must hate the country he's running for!"

-Yes, Obama wants to sit down with Akmadinajad without any terms. Why? Because America's percieved arrogance is confirmed when we tell other countries to kiss our ass before we talk to them. Obama is doing the right thing to say we should talk to him without any prearranged circumstances. When did diplomacy become more reckless than war?

-Yes, of course. I see the logic. Barack Obama doesn't wear a lapel pin so that must mean he doesn't support the troops and wants to turn the U.S. into a fascist state. Or he believes that you don't need to wear a piece of metal to exercise patriotism and wants to make an example of it. It's up to you to decide which one makes more sense....

-He loves his wife and they bumped fists. That must mean he, Howie Mandell, and every member of every sports team are terrorists. Of course.

-He's black. Hate to break it to the sticklers for political correctness but if he wasn't black, this race would be a landslide. We live in a very racist country.

-Somehow Barack Obama is a foreigner because he was born in Hawaii, one of the 50 states of the U.S.A. Where was John McCain born? Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it! Panama. Is that in the U.S.? No, but apparently if you're born in a military installation no matter where in the world it is, you are a natural born citizen. Unlike McCain, Obama was actually born in this country.

-He wore a robe and turban in a foreign country because...

a) He's a terrorist
b) He's a muslim
c) He hates America
d) Respects the cultures of foreign nations.

25% chance of getting the answer right in a multiple choice question, if you don't know the answer you can always guess.

-He's not a muslim, he's fucking Christian. As if that really mattered.

Those are just some of the reasons why the media, including comedians attack Republicans. Or maybe they're all out to get you. Who knows?
Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Omega
BiggerBomb said:
-Yes, Obama wants to sit down with Akmadinajad without any terms. Why? Because America's percieved arrogance is confirmed when we tell other countries to kiss our ass before we talk to them. Obama is doing the right thing to say we should talk to him without any prearranged circumstances. When did diplomacy become more reckless than war?

-Yes, of course. I see the logic. Barack Obama doesn't wear a lapel pin so that must mean he doesn't support the troops and wants to turn the U.S. into a fascist state. Or he believes that you don't need to wear a piece of metal to excerise patriotism and wants to make an example of it. It's up to you to decide which one makes more sense....

-He loves his wife and they bumped fists. That must mean he, Howie Mandell, and every member of every sports team are terrorists. Of course.

-He's black. Hate to break it to the sticklers for political correctness but if he wasn't black, this race would have been a landslide. We live in a very racist country.

-Somehow Barrack Obama is a foreigner because he was born in one of the 50 states of the U.S.A. Where was John McCain born? Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it! Panama. Is that in the U.S.? No, but apparently if you're born in a military installation no matter where in the world it is, you are a citizen. Unlike McCain, Obama was actually born in this country.

-He wore a robe and turban in a foreign country because...

a) He's a terrorist
b) He's a muslim
c) He hates America
d) Respects the cultures of foreign nations.

25% chance of getting the answer right in a multiple choice question, if you don't know the answer you can always guess.

-He's not a muslim, he's fucking Christian. As if that really mattered.

Those are just some of the reasons why the media, including comedians attack Republicans. Or maybe they're all out to get you. Who knows?
"
*Slow Clap*

Your comments on Diplomacy and Respect for the cultures of other nations was perfect.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#94  Edited By Bulldog19892

My opinion on this issue? Papa Johns, all the way.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

All you just talked about is why Republicans should be made fun of, and I agree with all of that.  Especially for the extremist nut jobs you're talking about.  But if you think you can lump all republicans together as acting like that, then you're just as bad as the extremists who believe Obama is a Muslim, and who refuse to ever say the man's first and last name unless they include the middle part along with it.

It's not that McCain is getting made fun of, it's the fact that ONLY McCain is getting made fun of.  It's the fact that this is coming from a TV program that normally doesn't pull punches even concerning democrats.  It's obvious where they stand politically and that's fine, but they're actually changing the format of their show lately to avoid saying ANYTHING negative about Obama, and absolutely slamming the hell out of McCain and Palin, much of the time without actual jokes.  My guess is that they're scared shitless of having at least four more years of republicans in the oval office, and don't want to saying anything in the slightest against Obama.

But then again, I'm one of those wacky people who doesn't think the world is going to fall apart if the "wrong" guy wins the election, so any one-sided BS--be it fox "news" or the daily show, lately--happens to piss me off.  As I wrote in another political thread lately:

"I fully believe that Obama has FAR less experience than McCain, and I personally don't think that matters very much at all.  We're electing a president, not a king.  Issues matter more than experience, and our system of checks and balances goes a long way in helping with that.  The "celebrity" angle Obama is being attacked on is pretty stupid as well.  He's running for the most powerful position in American government, so yeah, he's kinda famous.  That said, he's nothing like Paris Hilton or that other dumb bitch that appears in that ad, and it's pretty disrespectful suggest otherwise.  That was also the first attack ad I noticed, so I have to hand it to the Obama campaign for not throwing the first punch.

As for McCain and Palin, if experience isn't a very big concern with Obama, it should be damn right nonexistent with Palin.  Palin is running for VICE president, and she arguably has more experience with actual government leadership than Obama.  As for the ads attacking McCain by suggesting we'd be electing some sort of Bush clone, that's a load of crap.  My mother is a HARDCORE republican, and I have to hear about politics whenever I see her.  All through the primaries, and for years now, I heard her talking about how McCain is really a democrat in republican's clothing, and how she wouldn't even vote for him for the presidency if he won the primaries.  She's come around now that he's her only option, but she HATED McCain, and loves George Bush.  So trust me, when McCain talks about being a maverick who goes against party lines, you can believe it.  He's not George W. Bush part 2.

One last thing. Both McCain and Obama are saying they can essentially wave a magic wand and make the economy better again, and if you believe either of them, you're wrong.  I'm sorry, but the president doesn't have direct control over world economics.  It just doesn't work like that."

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By xruntime

What show are we talking about in which McCain gets made fun of more than Obama?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read a brilliant short story -- "Rock Springs" by Richard Ford -- from which the following quote is derived:

"When you have reached the point of argument you have passed the point of changing anyone's mind."

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"I just read a brilliant short story -- "Rock Springs" by Richard Ford -- from which the following quote is derived:

"When you have reached the point of argument you have passed the point of changing anyone's mind.""
I'd still call this a debate.  I'm not really upset at anyone here.  Good quote, though.

xruntime said:
"What show are we talking about in which McCain gets made fun of more than Obama?"
The Daily Show on Comedy Central.  And they USED to make fun of McCain more than Obama.  Now they ONLY make fun of McCain, and never make fun of Obama.  That's my point.  They've gone from slanted to completely one-sided, and that never was the case before.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By xruntime

Maybe its nothing more than Obama hasn't said anything exploitable recently?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By BiggerBomb
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"I just read a brilliant short story -- "Rock Springs" by Richard Ford -- from which the following quote is derived:

"When you have reached the point of argument you have passed the point of changing anyone's mind.""

That is beautiful.