So apparently now Google wants to be a bank

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

There's an article in the Wall Street Journal that states that Google will be offering checking accounts to consumers.

Do they just like throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks? How on Earth can anyone trust them to commit to running Stadia for any length of time?

Oh, here's an idea. I wonder if you could set up an automatic monthly payment to go from your Google checking account to your Google Stadia account? I may sign up for both just to see if it works, har har.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It makes sense considering they'd be interested in any business that allows them to collect consumer data.

For sure, they would be the last people I allow handle my money.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OurSin_360

Well actually you're not to far off. At google they use this system called OKR's (Objective's and Key Results) and each employee is encouraged to create(and every employee from the top down can look at everybody else's I believe). And the Objective should be huge and have at least a 40 percent chance of failure. So basically, they go for huge objectives and with the goal to hit like 40 percent of them I think. It's a system started at Intel back in the 70's I think.

If you remember google glass, Google Plus etc etc. They fail ALOT, but that means when they hit big they hit big. It's brilliant IMO and I am reading up on it myself. So yeah, Stadia has a chance to fail and a chance to be another big hit for them.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I look forward to them offering lots of ways to save, only for the bank to open and give out wooden chits for eight months while they get the systems up and going.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Financing is an outstanding way to keep a steady stream of income long term.