InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By InternetCrab

Holla, duders!

So, i stopped smoking. It was such a tough time, but i made used by nicotine gums and websites and different group meetings.

It really feels great that i could accomplish something i have been battling for years. I'm 19, which might seem weird. I started smoking when i was 12. Ofcourse, i thought it was cool. That was one of the most dumb things i have ever done. I will never smoke again!

So, duders. Are you smoking? Have you stopped? Discuss!
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Congratulations, man. I'm glad you had the power to do it. I don't smoke, but I'll probably die of cancer by the time I'm 30 because of all the second hand smoke I inhale.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

I social smoke, which is great because in the past year, I haven't had to buy a single pack.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Good for you! Keep it up! Your lungs will thank you! 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

I smoked since I was in college but quit a few years ago.  I had the habit since the early 90's.  I occasionally still miss it, but I look at the price of cigarettes today and I realize I can buy more games with that money!  Better health, more games.  Win-win by quiting. 

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kermoosh

nice dude, just stay on track cus i've seen tons of people that start smoking again after not smoking for months to years even

the hard part is over but the battle rages on

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I started smoking in college around age 20, and now I'm 25 and just this January I decided to quit cold turkey. I haven't had a single cigarette since last December.

Cold turkey sucks for the first couple weeks, I mean, really sucks.
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JasonR86
@InternetCrab:

Congratulations.  That must have been hard and you should be damn proud of yourself for overcoming the addiction.

I used to smoke socially but I never smoked enough to get addicted.  The last time I touched a cigarette was about four years ago.  Like you, I don't plan on touching a cigarette again.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Azteck
@HandsomeDead said:
" I social smoke, which is great because in the past year, I haven't had to buy a single pack. "
This is more or less what I do to.
MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By MayorFeedback

Nice! Keep it up! Good luck going forward.

Beer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Beer

Good for you man.  I smoked for about eight years before I quit just two years ago and I know from experience that it's a very difficult thing to do.  I didn't use gum or anything like that but I had a little bet going with some coworkers which did help, but the real motivation for me was the fact that I was spending a fortune on smokes.  I went from two packs a day to smoke free and it has saved me soooooo much god damn money.  Oh and I've heard that tobacco causes cancer or something so I guess I reduce my carcinogen intake as a bonus.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss cigarettes, but I'm definitely much better off without them.
DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By DrPockets000

Congrats duder.  

I'm a social smoker, and I don't have a nicotine addiction.  Usually takes 2-2 1/2 months per pack.
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kishan6
@InternetCrab: Im 17 and recently quit after smoking for about 2 years.... It really sucked and I feel you man.  Im basically over the addiction except for the fact that I love the act of smoking and thus cant smoke as much now and it is very annoying that I cant.

Congrats to both of us though lol, especially you because I know it would be so much harder if it was readily available to you and could just go out to the store at any time as I cant.  I'd be fucked if I waited so Glad I quit.
She

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By She

Well done to you. Not going to lie I've had my fair few fags in the past but I'm just a social smoker. Keep up the hard work :)

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16  Edited By natetodamax

Good job! Smoking is absolutely disgusting.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awesome hopefully you don't get lung cancer!

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mesklinite

Congrats dude! Keep it up, never easy to let go of a vice!
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Azteck said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" I social smoke, which is great because in the past year, I haven't had to buy a single pack. "
This is more or less what I do to. "
Yeah, I also do the same. Though I still buy occasionally.
Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSeductiveMoose said:
" @Azteck said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
Yeah, I also do the same. Though I still buy occasionally. "
you bums! 
uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By uniform

I've been a smoker for 18 years. I've quit on and off. My longest being 6 months cold turkey. Those 6 months was time away from friends whom are all smokers. When I started hanging out with them again, I started up again. It can be difficult or it can be easy. It all depends on the person.

Congrats.

UncleClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By UncleClassy
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
" @Azteck said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
Same here. I have a couple on the weekends at parties with friends. Ive only ever bought once though.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Example1013
@TheSeductiveMoose said:

" @Azteck said:

" @HandsomeDead said:
I basically do this. Except with trees.

EDIT: And I don't smoke tobacco.
Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tally_Pants

I"m a social smoker, sometimes after a few drinks I just want a DuM Regular! That being said, in the last 3 months I've only smoked two cigs and half of a cigar (but that was just because my buddies sister brought him back a pack of cigars from Jamaica). Whereas all summer/fall i was smoking like 3 or 4 days a week (but i was also drinking all summer/fall almost everyday!).
But take my dad for example...he smoked his first cig at the age of 4 and is turning 50 this year and still smokes even though he's tried many times to quit. So good on you man! I know it can be a battle to quit smoking and I respect anyone who is genuinely hooked and can kick the habit!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iam3green

congrats on that. i'll have a cigar every once in a while. i bought my dad some and smoked them because he didn't touch them.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@HandsomeDead: Every real smoker, including myself, resents you constantly asking us for cigarettes. Get a job, hippy!
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Example1013

I've also never had to buy booze. I've spent the past few months just bumming liquor off of my friends and my stuitemates. Of course, that means I haven't had a lot, but...

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ninjakiller

This is why America is failing fast.  A nation of quitters.  

Getting cheered on for being a quitter?  Disgusting.   
blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By blueduck

Everyone who smokes cigarettes has a deep seeded desire to look cool.

Foxtrot0245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Foxtrot0245

I have been dipping for 8 years and I decided to quit about 2 weeks ago. It's been rough so far, but I feel so much healthier. I know its not very long to have quit for, but stories like this make it a bit easier to keep going. Congrats on the achievement!

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Example1013
@ninjakiller: We can never take the crown from France. The only war they managed to win on their own was the one they fought against themselves. So really, they've still lost every war.
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By FireBurger
@example1013 said:
" I've also never had to buy booze. I've spent the past few months just bumming liquor off of my friends and my stuitemates. Of course, that means I haven't had a lot, but... "
As someone with a suitemate who does the same thing, I can tell you that they probably bitch about you when you're not around and may generally not like you.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xyzygy

I rarely social smoke. I like the feeling it gives me, but I get sick if I smoke too much. Too much is like, more than 5 drags. I don't know how smokers can actually smoke without getting sick. I've tried it and it's a no go.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34  Edited By zyn

Congrats!  I don't smoke so I got no story.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By salad10203

I smoked weed for a longtime, I also consider quitting one of my greatest accomplishments in my young life(22.)

detectivepbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By detectivepbert

I've smoked weed for probably about 10 years now, don't smoke cigarettes though.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Example1013
@FireBurger: No, because I don't do it regularly, and I'd totally pay them back if they asked for any money. But no one's asked me for money yet, so I haven't given them any. Or rather, my roommate just asked me to help pay for the next 12-pack he gets, because I had a couple of his beers.

My friends don't give a fuck, because we've shared so much shit that a few dollars here and there doesn't make much of a difference.
blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By blueduck
@salad10203 said:
" I smoked weed for a longtime, I also consider quitting one of my greatest accomplishments in my young life(22.) "
Weed isn't even near the same level as quiting nicotine.
salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By salad10203
@blueduck said:
" @salad10203 said:
" I smoked weed for a longtime, I also consider quitting one of my greatest accomplishments in my young life(22.) "
Weed isn't even near the same level as quiting nicotine. "
Thanks for belittling my accomplishment. : )
blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By blueduck
@salad10203 said:
" @blueduck said:
" @salad10203 said:
Weed isn't even near the same level as quiting nicotine. "
Thanks for belittling my accomplishment. : ) "
No problem :) and you dress like shit too
salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By salad10203
@blueduck:
/ignore troll
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By gamefreak9

I don't but my friend who was smoking since like 15 stopped smoking this year, he is 22 now. I think its a really cool display of willpower, one day he was like okay thats enough, and stopped. He didn't like ration it or give drama about him trying to quit or nothing. 

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By DeeGee
@salad10203:  Screw that guy, quitting any drug is an accomplishment. Congrats on that dude :D
drmadhatten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By drmadhatten

I smoke socially, but I buy my packs, because I care of my friends and their finances

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By gamefreak9
@salad10203: 
@DeeGee said:
" @salad10203:  Screw that guy, quitting any drug is an accomplishment. Congrats on that dude :D "
What he said, i've probably seen more people officially quit cigarettes than weed... the extra layer of tough in quitting weed is the stronger culture, like some people feel closer to bob marley(i've literally seen one dude quit listening to bob marley the same time as weed) if they smoke, or just the whole Hippy scene (i used to, though i never smoked). 
Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Franstone

Quiting butts is one of the most difficult things to do.

I've been off and on for a while.

Keep it up but you're not out of the woods yet!

I recently stopped for 6 months and started up again, but never smoke as much as when I was younger.

A lot of people say it's like being an alcoholic, even if you aren't smoking, you'll still want one here and there.

Esp when drinking... uhg, prob best to quit that too.

Stay strong!

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@She said:
" Well done to you. Not going to lie I've had my fair few fags in the past but I'm just a social smoker. Keep up the hard work :) "
I had to reread that a couple of times before I realized it must be slang in England,never heard it before =P
and good for you dude
blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By blueduck
@gamefreak9 said:
" @salad10203: 
@DeeGee said:
" @salad10203:  Screw that guy, quitting any drug is an accomplishment. Congrats on that dude :D "
What he said, i've probably seen more people officially quit cigarettes than weed... the extra layer of tough in quitting weed is the stronger culture, like some people feel closer to bob marley(i've literally seen one dude quit listening to bob marley the same time as weed) if they smoke, or just the whole Hippy scene (i used to, though i never smoked). 
"
Not trying to turn this into a weed thread but unless you smoke weed you will never know just how many people do actually smoke weed. Smoking weed isn't like smoking cigarettes you don't label yourself a smoker or a non-smoker you just smoke sometimes or you don't. This fact makes it so everyone who smokes weed doesn't go around announcing it, however there are people who DO choose to go around announcing it and this is normally what people who have never smoked weed before go off of as their example of people who smoke weed which normally ends up making them think everyone who smokes weed is a bob marley loving hippie. 
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Congrats. I still don't understand how you can get started on that shit, to be honest. When I was young, my parents smoked a lot, a pack a day at least. I hated it, because of the smell, the smoke, and what I knew it was doing to them (and what they did if they didn't get their fix), so I tried the tiniest drag off a cigarette because I just could not understand the habit. Fucking disgusting, on the verge of being painful. Still don't get how someone could do that to their body. It's bad enough inhaling smoke from a fire 5 feet away, filling your lungs with toxic junk is just beyond my comprehension.

BetonneTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BetonneTom

i'm gonna quit soon too this thread put the idea back into my mind. its just too darn expensive! 

also i am slowly killing myself 

only thing that really bothers me is the idea that i'll get fat, because i will... 
but it is best not to let pussy excuses get in the way of the right thing to do :P