Southpark was watchable this week, and good...

• 59 results
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

Yep, I said it, sure disgusting is funny, but there is a line, and that last episode actually gave me stomach aches from just hearing it from another room.

This week actually had comedy in it. And even was good too. The end got me rolling.

I recommend greatly. and if you have seen it, discuss please.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

Is the show still doing idiot level satire?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@HandsomeDead: Yes,yes it does.
Mooqi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Mooqi

Season 15 is a disgrace and so was season 14. Maybe I am just getting old...

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Meowshi

The last season was awful.  Like when the made fun of Inception, and then admitted that they never even saw the film, and just copied College Humor's jokes.  

At that point I realized that the show should probably be cancelled.  The latest two episodes have been weak, although I loved that Token couldn't stop giving Tyler Perry money.  So true.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pinworm45

Watchable, yea.

Show has definitely gone down hill, though.

In fact, the entire show can be summed up in cartmans new voice. Too loud, forced, and trying too hard.

They need to either settle the fuck down and go back to basics, or stop their speed schedule that at this point is just doing damage and not good (it's not like they're really staying up with recent events anyway.)
Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Nux

I haven't watched it in a while. It's still on?
Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BestUsernameEver

I thought it wasn't a good episode at all. HRMMMM. 

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@Nux said:

" I haven't watched it in a while. It's still on? "

No Caption Provided
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Sambambo

The first ep this season was a return to form imo. Sure it was crude, but very funny.

Last season, especially the second half, was just crap...

AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AlmostSwedish

I thought it was alright. The jokes are getting at bit old, and the season has been pretty weak so far. But I liked S14 enough to keep watching it.

Don't know who this Tyler Perry is though.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Human Centipad was miles better than Funnybot
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Seen the adverts all over Comedy Central and I havent really been interested to check it out. Looks rubbish and kind of outdated nowadays.
KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By KarlPilkington

Since when was it cool to dislike South Park?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Azteck

I never ever liked South Park. Only episode I found remotely funny was the Wii one.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By craigbo180
@Chabbs0 said:
" Since when was it cool to dislike South Park? "
It's generally disliked on these forums. I personally like it though, there are some bad episodes but it's usually good for a laugh.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Animasta
@Chabbs0 said:
when was it cool to like it? south park is garbage, always has been
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Afroman269
@Mooqi said:
" Season 15 is a disgrace and so was season 14. Maybe I am just getting old... "
It felt like the quality was starting to drop around mid season 14. The start of this season was pretty bad. Kinda funny seeing the humancentipede thing but overall......still mad dumb and not in the ha ha kind of way. 
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pinworm45
@AlmostSwedish said:
" I thought it was alright. The jokes are getting at bit old, and the season has been pretty weak so far. But I liked S14 enough to keep watching it.Don't know who this Tyler Perry is though. "
A guy who makes terrible movies that black people keep watching.

I'm not being a racist, that's literally what's happening. All of his movies are rated extremely low by people and critics a like, but make massive profits, the majority of which comes from the black community. I stress again, I am not attempting to make any racist comment, that is simply the case.

Which is what south park was making fun of.
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By swamplord666

i dunno, I found the first episodes alot better than the second. most of the comedy came from the japanese guy though. 

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By BonOrbitz

I miss Cartman's old voice...

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Meowshi
@Pinworm45 said:
" @AlmostSwedish said:
" I thought it was alright. The jokes are getting at bit old, and the season has been pretty weak so far. But I liked S14 enough to keep watching it.Don't know who this Tyler Perry is though. "
A guy who makes terrible movies that black people keep watching.I'm not being a racist, that's literally what's happening. All of his movies are rated extremely low by people and critics a like, but make massive profits, the majority of which comes from the black community. I stress again, I am not attempting to make any racist comment, that is simply the case.Which is what south park was making fun of. "
It's true.  I've seen almost every Tyler Perry movie, and I don't even like them.  They are literally that popular among black people.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By EpicSteve

i love me some South Park satire. I might hop back on board this season. 

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iam3green

i didn't find it funny at all. i watched it twice that night. i didn't laugh about it. the first episode was pretty good. i guess it is now cool to dislike south park.

i'm actually watching south park right now. they're talking about a giant douche for some reason. they're deciding on what the school mascot should be.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By soldierg654342

Yeah, this last episode was not all that great. Not only were the jokes mostly "meh" (except for the digs at Tyler Perry), I felt like they were biting the hand that feeds, taking shots at the Comedy Awards Comedy Central hosted not to long ago. 

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pinworm45
@Meowshi said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
" @AlmostSwedish said:
A guy who makes terrible movies that black people keep watching.I'm not being a racist, that's literally what's happening. All of his movies are rated extremely low by people and critics a like, but make massive profits, the majority of which comes from the black community. I stress again, I am not attempting to make any racist comment, that is simply the case.Which is what south park was making fun of. "
It's true.  I've seen almost every Tyler Perry movie, and I don't even like them.  They are literally that popular among black people. "
Holy shit! That's like how I like FPS games, but I don't like Call of Duty games, therefor no person who likes FPS games plays call of duty! ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE!
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Meowshi

I don't know what you're trying to say, but it seems stupid.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By AhmadMetallic

After years upon years of being an extremely excellent show with so many little things and moments of genius that cracked me up repeatedly, brilliant underlying themes that dealt with pop culture, and the ability to be an atmospheric horror show whenever the creators desired, i am more than fine with the mediocre couple of seasons they've been having.
the show's getting old, and so are Matt and Trey. they've given so much, they've dealt with almost everything, they've featured alot of celebrities and contemporary issues.. they deserve to pump out mediocre chuckle-inducing episodes at this point. i'm just glad they're still around.
South Park is one of the greatest most brilliant double-layered TV shows of our lifetime.

@Pinworm45 said:

" Show has definitely gone down hill, though.

In fact, the entire show can be summed up in cartmans new voice. Too loud, forced, and trying too hard.
They need to either settle the fuck down and go back to basics, or stop their speed schedule that at this point is just doing damage and not good (it's not like they're really staying up with recent events anyway.)
"
You're both right and wrong. i can see how it seems that they're trying too hard, but they're not. it's just our minds telling us that the once brilliant and half-popular sitcom is now trying too hard because it's on its 15th season and it got extremely popular in the last few years.
Yes, sometimes Matt and Trey run out of ideas, and sometimes the voice acting is really off and Cartman truly annoys me, but overall i think that M&T are still doing their thang, and it's not their fault the show is confused and mistaken for a braindead cartoon like Family Guy.

Edit: however i do agree that they need to take it down a notch and go back to basics.. season 2-esque plots where not much is happening and we just enjoy watching those crazy townsfolk live their lives 
droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By droop

You people are crazy.

Next thing you'll say is "I like Family Guy"
Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Choffy

Never liked the show. There are a few episodes that are alright (Chimpokomon is my favorite), but none since Season 4 or 5. Still, 15 seasons for any show is impressive.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Agent47
@HandsomeDead: Well I would say something but your avatar makes me think maybe you ended up in the wrong thread.
Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Bennyishere

I like South Park, but I thought this episode was a bit dull. Only thing that made me chuckle was when they made fun of the idea of a comedy award show for the nth time.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By Trilogy
@Droop said:
" You people are crazy.

Next thing you'll say is "I like Family Guy"
"
Lets not get fucking crazy now...
Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BulletproofMonk
@bonorbitz said:
" I miss Cartman's old voice... "
Yeah. When they changed Cartman's voice, that's when the show started going downhill for me. The older stuff is still gold.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chabbs0 said:

My thoughts exactly. I thought last season was way better than the last few, especially the Jersey Shore episode. The humor on that show may not be for everyone but that's not to say that the show is bad. Then again, I do love Seth Macfarlane and his shows so maybe I'm just an idiot who will laugh at anything.

EDIT: That last episode kind of sucked. I couldn't tell if Comedybot was trying to make fun of modern stand-up or if they were actually trying to be funny. The first half was promising, I loved the German voices, but even the Tyler Perry jokes got old. I thought last week's episode was much funnier, despite being incredibly dated in its subject matter.
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By Seppli

Love the show. Even though there wasn't a standout episode for a while. Like to 'listen to South Park' while falling asleep every once in a while.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Agent47: Not really. Daria is so well written in comparison to South Park, modern day or otherwise.
mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mnzy

I didn't like this weeks episode, also, I'm German. Last week wasn't good either.
Season 14 was pretty good overall, though.

v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By v

I thought that last weeks (that aired on the 5th) was absolute garbage. The first time that token laughed at Tyler perry was kinda funny, and I really liked that they had a Doctor Who reference in their, but other than that, I don't even know if I smiled more than 3 times 

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By mazik765

I don't think I've ever seen a 'new' episode of South Park, mostly just reruns whenever they happen to be on when I'm watching tv, but I think the shows is pretty hilarious in general.

Danbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Danbo
@Jay444111 said:

"Yep, I said it, sure disgusting is funny, but there is a line, and that last episode actually gave me stomach aches from just hearing it from another room."

Are you trying to sound like an absolute pussy?
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sooty

The episode with the shake weight was fucking genius last season. GO GET BONED HATERS.

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EvilKatarn

It's one of the last things worth watching in my opinion. 

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Karl_Boss

I haven't watched South Park for awhile....its alright though i guess.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By Xeiphyer

I was pretty disappointed with the human centiPad episode, haven't watched this week's yet.

It was just too gross, which is sometimes fine, but they didn't really have any wit behind it. They just expected you to be shocked they did an episode with the human centipede, they didn't offer any clever insight or put on spin on Apple in any way either, so the entire thing was just shock value, which was disappointing. Hopefully the season picks up though.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#46  Edited By big_jon
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
" Human Centipad was miles better than Funnybot "
nope
02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By 02sfraser

I found the new episode brilliant. Didn't really enjoy the second half of the last season but the Human CentiPad was a return to form.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I still really enjoy the show. While some episodes are hit or miss, it's still overall very funny and as relevant as it ever was. Can't yet tell how good the new season is. Human CentiPad was alright, and Funnybot was a little better, but hardly the best the show has to offer. From what I remember, last season had some real comedy gold, though. The NASCAR episode was fucking hilarious.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By blueduck

This season is looking just as bad as the end of the last one. South Park is the new Simpsons =(

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Evilsbane

South park is great, one of the few funny shows left on TV. yea saw the episode twas funny.