The people that make up the Giant Bomb forums. Part 2.

• 164 results
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By HS21
Part 1.

Relationship Advice Guy

A website where the majority of users are single, 15 year old boys is the perfect place to ask for relationship advice right? No? Well, what if you're a single, 15 year old boy asking other single, 15 year old boys for relationship advice, that's a smart move right? Still no? Well I guess that's pretty obvious to you then, it's just not as painfully obvious to relationship advice guy, or R.A.G. R.A.G is a simultaneous source of comedy and tragedy. Sometimes it's nice to take a break from video games and just enjoy reading about the desperate machinations of a forum user trying to ask out a girl he likes. Whether it be a high school friend, long time acquaintance or tutor, you can be sure that if he has to ask for advice on Giant Bomb, it's probably not going to work out. 

Writes overly long blogs about games he's played guy.

You know that game you've been anticipating for a long time now? You've read the reviews, played the game, and maybe even listened to a podcast or two where people discussed this game to death. You would think that you've consumed pretty much all the information that there is on the internet about  this one game right? Doesn't matter, overly long blog guy is here to tell you what he thinks of it. Odds are that you don't know overly long blog guy, that to you, he's just another faceless forum user, so why would you feel compelled to read what he thinks about a game he's played? Still, at least he included some pictures to go along with his 3000 word write up on Red Dead Redemption "The Inner Turmoil of John Marston". Sometimes overly long blog guy will even write about a game from a few years back, you know, just in case you forgot that 'Perfect Dark' for the N64 existed.   

White Knight Guy

God help us, someone on the internet is being poked fun at! The police have no jurisdiction here, and my computer is not nearly powerful enough to back trace the offender. Will no one help this stranger on the internet? Wait, over there, beyond the horizon of the second page of the forums, it's him! White knight guy! W.K.G can't just stand idly by while people don't take a thread seriously or make poorly thought out and terribly executed jokes about someone's mother. He's here to put a stop to all that, with his +4 shield against trolls, he leaps on top of his high horse giving him +2 mobility which allows him to move swiftly from thread to thread. He's the first and last line of defense against the next Giant Bomb forum personality... 

Forum Asshole Guy

W.K.G's arch nemesis, forum asshole guy, or F.A....right. A forum asshole comes in a few different flavours ranging from subtle to obscenely obnoxious. A subtle forum asshole specializes in back handed compliments and small jabs which come in quick succession. However, an obscenely obnoxious forum asshole prefers starting the show with a show stopper. Divorced parents? Recently diseased relatives? Perfect, forum asshole can use this. After a couple of uppercuts from him, he retreats into the night, not to be seen until he returns once again, you know, when his ban is uplifted after a few weeks.  

Overly Critical Guy

You know that off hand remark you made in some thread a day or two ago? What's that? You don't even remember because it was just some blurb that you spat out while you were talking to someone on the phone? Well let overly critical guy remind you. He's noticed some very disturbing things in your post. You forgot to capitalize the first word in sentence three, you've misused the semi colon half way through your post and the wording is just awkward. Oh, it's not over, that was just his critique on the technical aspect of what you wrote. Just wait until he tells us all what he thinks of the actual content of the post that he so graciously edited.  He doesn't agree with your statement, he believes you've made several wrong claims, your hair sucks, you look like a piece of shit, you're going no where in life and everyone hates you. Man, he really thinks that game should have been 4 out of 5 stars instead of 3 out of 5...  

Relationship Advice Guy, Writes Overly Long Blogs Guy, Forum Asshole Guy.

I've been both sides of relationship advice guy. I've given advice , but I've also needed it . I've written overly long blogs , usually about what some would say is pretty stupid shit,  and some might even argue that I'm forum asshole guy (Seriously, that was a tribute).  

Edit: Maybe you don't fall under any of these categories, put up your own description of your forum persona. Pictures are nice. 
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HS21
Part 1.

Relationship Advice Guy

A website where the majority of users are single, 15 year old boys is the perfect place to ask for relationship advice right? No? Well, what if you're a single, 15 year old boy asking other single, 15 year old boys for relationship advice, that's a smart move right? Still no? Well I guess that's pretty obvious to you then, it's just not as painfully obvious to relationship advice guy, or R.A.G. R.A.G is a simultaneous source of comedy and tragedy. Sometimes it's nice to take a break from video games and just enjoy reading about the desperate machinations of a forum user trying to ask out a girl he likes. Whether it be a high school friend, long time acquaintance or tutor, you can be sure that if he has to ask for advice on Giant Bomb, it's probably not going to work out. 

Writes overly long blogs about games he's played guy.

You know that game you've been anticipating for a long time now? You've read the reviews, played the game, and maybe even listened to a podcast or two where people discussed this game to death. You would think that you've consumed pretty much all the information that there is on the internet about  this one game right? Doesn't matter, overly long blog guy is here to tell you what he thinks of it. Odds are that you don't know overly long blog guy, that to you, he's just another faceless forum user, so why would you feel compelled to read what he thinks about a game he's played? Still, at least he included some pictures to go along with his 3000 word write up on Red Dead Redemption "The Inner Turmoil of John Marston". Sometimes overly long blog guy will even write about a game from a few years back, you know, just in case you forgot that 'Perfect Dark' for the N64 existed.   

White Knight Guy

God help us, someone on the internet is being poked fun at! The police have no jurisdiction here, and my computer is not nearly powerful enough to back trace the offender. Will no one help this stranger on the internet? Wait, over there, beyond the horizon of the second page of the forums, it's him! White knight guy! W.K.G can't just stand idly by while people don't take a thread seriously or make poorly thought out and terribly executed jokes about someone's mother. He's here to put a stop to all that, with his +4 shield against trolls, he leaps on top of his high horse giving him +2 mobility which allows him to move swiftly from thread to thread. He's the first and last line of defense against the next Giant Bomb forum personality... 

Forum Asshole Guy

W.K.G's arch nemesis, forum asshole guy, or F.A....right. A forum asshole comes in a few different flavours ranging from subtle to obscenely obnoxious. A subtle forum asshole specializes in back handed compliments and small jabs which come in quick succession. However, an obscenely obnoxious forum asshole prefers starting the show with a show stopper. Divorced parents? Recently diseased relatives? Perfect, forum asshole can use this. After a couple of uppercuts from him, he retreats into the night, not to be seen until he returns once again, you know, when his ban is uplifted after a few weeks.  

Overly Critical Guy

You know that off hand remark you made in some thread a day or two ago? What's that? You don't even remember because it was just some blurb that you spat out while you were talking to someone on the phone? Well let overly critical guy remind you. He's noticed some very disturbing things in your post. You forgot to capitalize the first word in sentence three, you've misused the semi colon half way through your post and the wording is just awkward. Oh, it's not over, that was just his critique on the technical aspect of what you wrote. Just wait until he tells us all what he thinks of the actual content of the post that he so graciously edited.  He doesn't agree with your statement, he believes you've made several wrong claims, your hair sucks, you look like a piece of shit, you're going no where in life and everyone hates you. Man, he really thinks that game should have been 4 out of 5 stars instead of 3 out of 5...  

Relationship Advice Guy, Writes Overly Long Blogs Guy, Forum Asshole Guy.

I've been both sides of relationship advice guy. I've given advice , but I've also needed it . I've written overly long blogs , usually about what some would say is pretty stupid shit,  and some might even argue that I'm forum asshole guy (Seriously, that was a tribute).  

Edit: Maybe you don't fall under any of these categories, put up your own description of your forum persona. Pictures are nice. 
Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cincaid

Gasp, the sequel!

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By jacdg

I love you man.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo

Ah, there I am: "Forum Asshole Guy". Thanks for not forgetting me. <3

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Still, at least he included some pictures to go along with his 3000 word write up on Red Dead Redemption "The Inner Turmoil of John Marston". 

I'm glad we decided not to mention any names. 

*Ahem*

Bastard. 
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HS21
@CrazyChris said:
" Gasp, the sequel! "
Blog #2: REDEMPTION! 

No, no, no... 

Blog Deux: Back with a vengeance! 

Wait, hold on... 

2 Blog 2 Furious 

@JacDG said:
" I love you man. "
Oh you. 

@Vinchenzo said:
" Ah, there I am: "Forum Asshole Guy". Thanks for not forgetting me. <3 "
We all have our place.
Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Glak

I love you

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I still have no idea where I fit. I guess I just don't use the forums enough.

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Goly

dude, this is pure gold and you pretty much nailed every kind of personality there is not only on the gb forums, but any kind of internet forum!

DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By DoctorOptimist

People who make up the escapistmagazine forums: 

• Overly critical guy
  • Forum asshole
  • Yahtzee fanboys
  • People who think they're witty by quoting Yahtzee's lines, even when they're irrelevant to the topic or discussion
  • Elitists
  • Artsy hipster gamers
  • Cynical/pessimistic gamers
  • Twilight haters (Not the sane kind of Twilight haters)
  • Halo haters
  • Most of all: Valve fanboys
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

Good, I finally made an appearance as Overly Critical Guy :P.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HS21
@wasteguru said:
" I still have no idea where I fit. I guess I just don't use the forums enough. "
What would you say defines you on the four-uhms? 

@Goly said:
" dude, this is pure gold and you pretty much nailed every kind of personality there is not only on the gb forums, but any kind of internet forum! "
Maybe it's a sign that people need to stop being so predictable in the way they act.  

@Video_Game_King said:
" Good, I finally made an appearance as Overly Critical Guy :P. "
We've saved the best for last. 
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm loving these, keep it up.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Red12b

ohh 

@DoctorOptimist said: 

" People who make up the escapistmagazine forums: 

• Overly critical guy
  • Forum asshole
  • Yahtzee fanboys
  • People who think they're witty by quoting Yahtzee's lines, even when they're irrelevant to the topic or discussion
  • Elitists
  • Artsy hipster gamers
  • Halo haters
"
Don't know if you caught it, but er, this is Giant Bomb... um, I think you have your sites mixed duder.  
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By Tireyo

I'm a wax on, wax off kind of guy. = - D

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Jeust

Cool post!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#17  Edited By citizenkane

I have yet to fit in any of these categories.  We need a Part 3.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HS21
@Jeust said:
" Cool post! "
Cool post....bro? 

@CitizenKane said:
" I have yet to fit in any of these categories.  We need a Part 3. "
But I don't want to get banned! 
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jack268

I've fit into three so far... Cool story bro guy, I flagged your post guy and forum asshole guy... I guess they go hand in hand.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Red12b
@HS21 said:
" @Jeust said:
" Cool post! "
Cool post....bro? 

@CitizenKane said:
But I don't want to get banned!  "
Yeah you do
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Red12b

I have yet to see what would constitute a big part of my personality, Not looking forward to that one I'll be honest, very funny read HS, 

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By one_2nd
@Jack268 said:
" I've fit into three so far... Cool story bro guy, I flagged your post guy and forum asshole guy... I guess they go hand in hand. "
yeah..
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By sweep  Moderator

The Guy Who Needs To Sort Everyone Into Groups. 

No Caption Provided
Feels the need to categorise large groups of people into cynical sub-sets, perhaps reflecting his own paranoia, social insecurities, feelings of exclusion, and general depression. Turns everything into a joke, though hates the idea of being treated like an idiot so frequently attempts to demonstrate his intelligence. Just because I belittle everyone else and generally act like a jerk doesn't mean i'm stupid, bro! Reacts poorly to criticism. 

Oh hai, HS21. 

(I'm just kidding, I love you really)
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

*Gives a round of applause*

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HS21
@Sweep: That's RIDICULOUS! I don't comb my hair that way at all...  At least now I can scratch off "Be compared to Hitler" on my Giant Bomb To Do List. 
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#27  Edited By BeachThunder
@Red12b said:

@DoctorOptimist

said: 

• Overly critical guy
  • Forum asshole
  • Yahtzee fanboys
  • Elitists
  • Artsy hipster gamers
  • Halo haters
"
Don't know if you caught it, but er, this is Giant Bomb... um, I think you have your sites mixed duder.   "
I think the point was that things are the same here, except replace Yahtzee with Jeff Gerstmann.

@Video_Game_King said:
You shouldn't put punctuation after an emoticon.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Red12b
@HS21 said:
" @Sweep: That's RIDICULOUS! I don't comb my hair that way at all...  At least now I can scratch off "Be compared to Hitler" on my Giant Bomb To Do List.  "
You weren't meant to react well to that at all, now that whole category doesn't fit! NOOOOOO
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LiquidPrince

HS21, you Adonis, categorize me! Hehe, nah I kid. Although I don't know if I fall right into one of those categories perfectly. Part 3?

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By FirePrince

HS21,you never dissapoint.  
You internet tough guy you.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Video_Game_King
@BeachThunder: 

Huh? Why? It's technically a part of that sentence, so shouldn't it belong within the sentence it's modifying? I realize official emoticon grammar, but fuck that! How am I supposed to know what the emoticon's doing to what if it's after the punctuation? It makes more sense to leave it within the sentence it's attached to.
DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DoctorOptimist
@BeachThunder said:
" @Red12b said:

@DoctorOptimist

said: 

• Overly critical guy
  • Forum asshole
  • Yahtzee fanboys
  • Elitists
  • Artsy hipster gamers
  • Halo haters
"
Don't know if you caught it, but er, this is Giant Bomb... um, I think you have your sites mixed duder.   "
I think the point was that things are the same here, except replace Yahtzee with Jeff Gerstmann.

@Video_Game_King said:
You shouldn't put punctuation after an emoticon. "
Not really, escapistmagazine isn't really like Giantbomb.com's userbase and it's slightly better. 

There aren't many: 
  • Twilight haters (The non-sane ones)
  • Valve fanboys
  • Elitists
  • Yahtzee fanboys
  • Halo haters 
  • Artsy hipster gamers
  • Valve fanboys
on Giantbomb.com as there are in the escapist. You're right about there being a lot of Jeff Gerstmann fanboys here. 
DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DoctorOptimist
@Red12b said:
"

ohh 

@DoctorOptimist said: 

• Overly critical guy
  • Forum asshole
  • Yahtzee fanboys
  • Elitists
  • Artsy hipster gamers
  • Halo haters
"
I'm joking around, I'm just poking fun at the escapistmagazine user base. The way this guy is doing with Giantbomb.com's.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Red12b
@BeachThunder said:
" @Red12b said:

@DoctorOptimist

said: 

• Overly critical guy
  • Forum asshole
  • Yahtzee fanboys
  • Elitists
  • Artsy hipster gamers
  • Halo haters
"

@Video_Game_King said:
You shouldn't put punctuation after an emoticon. "
Righto, but that's the point isn't it, it's the internet... or am I missing something, 
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By Jeust
@HS21 said:
" @Jeust said:
" Cool post! "
Cool post....bro? 

@CitizenKane said:
But I don't want to get banned!  "
Yep. :p
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@CitizenKane said:
Robots aren't real users.
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HS21
@Red12b said:
" @HS21 said:
" @Sweep: That's RIDICULOUS! I don't comb my hair that way at all...  At least now I can scratch off "Be compared to Hitler" on my Giant Bomb To Do List.  "
You weren't meant to react well to that at all, now that whole category doesn't fit! NOOOOOO "
I mean....dude stfu. 

@FirePrince said:
"

HS21,you never dissapoint.  
You internet tough guy you.

"
If only there was someone who hikes and mountain bikes to put me in my place... 

@LiquidPrince said:
" HS21, you Adonis, categorize me! Hehe, nah I kid. Although I don't know if I fall right into one of those categories perfectly. Part 3? "
Maybe...in the far flung future.
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sweep said:  
No Caption Provided

I'm gonna steal this picture.
papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By papercut

Blog 2: Blog Harder 

or Blog 2: Electric Boogaloo 

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HS21
@papercut said:
" Blog 2: Blog Harder  or Blog 2: Electric Boogaloo  "
Part 2: Redux 

Giant Bomb Blog: The Return 

Requiem for a Blog 

Big Blog in Little Forum
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LiquidPrince
@HS21: Of tomorrow?
defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By defaulttag
@Sweep said:
"

The Guy Who Needs To Sort Everyone Into Groups. 

No Caption Provided
Feels the need to categorise large groups of people into cynical sub-sets, perhaps reflecting his own paranoia, social insecurities, feelings of exclusion, and general depression. Turns everything into a joke, though hates the idea of being treated like an idiot so frequently attempts to demonstrate his intelligence. Just because I belittle everyone else and generally act like a jerk doesn't mean i'm stupid, bro! Reacts poorly to criticism.     Oh hai, HS21.   (I'm just kidding, I love you really) "
beautifully done!!
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HS21
@LiquidPrince said:
" @HS21: Of tomorrow? "
NEVER lady is hovering over my shoulder. 

@Atomasist said:
" This blog sucks.  I'm going Mtn. Biking...  OUTDOORS!!  EEK!! "
How do you have time to have two 5 year long relationships (with girls) during all the mountain biking that you do?
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Gabriel

We yet have to see Atheist guy, Halo Defender, Staff Fetillios, and Assholes who try and teach you like their professors of  astro-physics, but all they do is use Wikipedia and come off as morons with no lives.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#46  Edited By LordAndrew
@Video_Game_King said:
I thought of you while I was reading about "Writes overly long blogs about games he's played guy". So I guess you make two appearance.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Video_Game_King
@LordAndrew: 

I know that was me. That's why I went with the other one: as a joke. I don't know whether or not I should end with :P.
RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By RobotHamster

Don't really fit into any of these so far I think, I have cool storied people people in the past but I'm waiting for part 3.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#49  Edited By Jazz

What about 'Thank god I forgot to press the record button' guy? 
edit: or the 'I know you have a girls school down the road' guy?