The "Take Toonami Back" Movement has begun!

• 169 results
coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By coakroach

Nah man, let it rest in peace.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By Andorski

I would like to meet this alleged Cartoon Network exec that enforces business practices founded on racism rather than Neilsen ratings and still has his/her job at a publicly owned company.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Dagbiker said:

Only if they show Ghost in the Shell 20 hours and for the last 4 Paranoia Agent.

If it just broadcasted Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell: Innocence you would've created my personal nightmare channel that makes me want to murder myself. : (

Paranoia Agent I'll agree with!

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By soldierg654342

@Jay444111 said:

But DVD sales and such have been getting far better recently what with Funimation doing so much. The fact of the matter is that CN is most likely culturely racist beyond belief and the main reason there isn't much anime on TV anymore is DUE to the fact that some racist twat is most likely causing it. (probably the same people preventing Earthbound from being rereleased.)

Stuff has been still selling well from even the 90's. It just isn't talked about much due to the fact that TV execs are dumber than a box of rocks and culturely inept.

No, it's because the majority of AdultSwim watchers aren't anime fans. They've been threw this numerous times in the past, going as far as to do away with anime for a time. It's not that they're racists or incompetent, it's that there less demand for anime than their other shows.

Also, you guys know you can just what this shit on the internet now, right? Legally too!

KontX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By KontX

It'll never happen. People like us should just stick to Toonami Aftermath. It suffices just fine.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#106  Edited By Bigheart711

April Fool's joke or not, I signed it anyway!

ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ImaTreee

@Jay444111 said:

@scarace360 said:

@N7 said:

@Enigma777 said:

@N7 said:

@Enigma777: Coming from someone who openly admits to drinking and driving, suddenly my life isn't so sad.

You can do better than that.

The last time I tried, I got banned. I'll settle for less. I'm not Payless. :(

@scarace360: Well obviously that's not up for me to decide. Television has grown up in the past several years. They could probably get away with showing half old shows, and maybe half something newer. There has been so many great shows in the past few years, even back when Toonami was struggling to find who it's appeal was, not sure who it was for, well now it's time to show them who it's for! IT'S FOR US! WE FEW, WE SO PROUD FEW, WE BAND OF DUDERS. WE WILL TAKE BACK TOONAMI TO THE TOP. AND IT WILL STAY THERE!

Ya but what kind of new shows are they gonna show?

One show is all that is needed,

Gurren Lagann. Otherwise known as the most epic fucking show to ever have existed in the universe.

Also, they could do the funimation Dub of One Piece. Awesome show now that 4Kids doesn't hold onto it anymore.

YES GURREN LAGANN PLEASE

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By dichemstys

Like I said in other threads, I didn't really care too much for Toonami because I didn't like anime all that much except YuYu Hakusho and the occasional Cowboy Bebop to see some gore as a young'n, but I do want it to come back just for the fact that it's something the fans really want and Cartoon Network doesn't have anything appealing right now, it's all these weird, frenetic, unfunny shows. As long as they keep running Aqua Teen Hunger Force, definitely bring back Toonami. The fans want it, that much is super clear.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's only so much 08th MS Team I can watch. Didn't Toonami just end up airing chibi Gundams and Hamtaro, before it was canceled? I don't see the point in bringing this back so you can rewatch some 80s Anime.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Toonami was all right.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#111  Edited By Dagbiker

Honestly, i remember watching all the cartoons up until toonami then thinking FUCK toonami is on, guess il play some Zelda.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By Animasta

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

There's only so much 08th MS Team I can watch. Didn't Toonami just end up airing chibi Gundams and Hamtaro, before it was canceled? I don't see the point in bringing this back so you can rewatch some 80s Anime.

2 hours of hamtaro every day is a fantastic idea

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113  Edited By landon

Toonami will always have a speical place in my heart, because it was a huge part of my childhood. It introduced me to awesome shows like Dragon Ball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Tenchi Muyo, and maybe Sailor Moon to an extent, but that was then and this is now.

Times have changed, I can watch any anime I want at any time I want on the internet. Or I can buy the box sets of those shows because they have all ended. Toonami was a product of its time and that time is over. People are getting way too excited and letting their nostalgia blind them. If Toonami comes back we'll all be happy, then it will be something we watch in the background, then it will get canceled, and then we will blame CartoonNetwork for canceling something we stopped watching.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By samfo

I hate the internet sometimes. Just download the shows you want to watch.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#115  Edited By williamhenry

Oh wow, a whole 145 shares. That is totally a huge number. Especially when you compare it to the millions of people who watch Adult Swim but not the anime. AS should totally cater to the 100s of people who want more anime. Damn the millions who tune in every night for their comedy shows. Jay444111 is fucking crazy. I can't believe he is trying to claim that the reason AS stopped airing anime is because it is ran by racists. What a fucking reach. They stopped airing anime people the AS doesn't want to watch. They would much rather watch their comedy stuff instead. Get over it anime people.

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#116  Edited By obscurefan

You can count on my steel (or twitter or whatever).

I say that since the saturday Adult Swim gets such poor ratings, they should just go ahead and rename that night's lineup Adult Swim:Toonami, that way they'd get the same viewers as before, plus some nostalgia viewers.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By williamhenry

@obscurefan said:

You can count on my steel (or twitter or whatever).

I say that since the saturday Adult Swim gets such poor ratings, they should just go ahead and rename that night's lineup Adult Swim:Toonami, that way they'd get the same viewers as before, plus some nostalgia viewers.

Yea, because renaming the night is all it takes to magically get a ton of viewers. I can't believe nobody ever thought of that before.

Why would changing the name get more viewers? If they're airing the same shows, then why would people who don't watch now suddenly start?

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Ugh. No thanks.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#119  Edited By xpgamer7

Well sure it was amazing, but it was a different time then. I wonder how many would stick with it over time, and how many kids would stay up to watch it. I love nostalgia, but I'm doubtful this will last if it works. Then again I've been proven wrong a few times recently, so who knows.

DaemonBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#120  Edited By DaemonBlack

Whats with all the toonami hate? That shit is concentrated essence of my childhood and I would drop HBO in a FUCKING HEARTBEAT and replace it with a paid subscription to Toonami if thats what it came down to.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Jay444111

@DaemonBlack said:

Whats with all the toonami hate? That shit is concentrated essence of my childhood and I would drop HBO in a FUCKING HEARTBEAT and replace it with a paid subscription to Toonami if thats what it came down to.

Mainly dumbass children who have no sense of quality really. Toonami is better than anything on CN and AS combined. That is a fact people!

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Toxin066

If they promise to finish Yu Yu Hakusho's Dark Tournament, I'll throw my support in for Toonami.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Jay444111

@WilliamHenry said:

Oh wow, a whole 145 shares. That is totally a huge number. Especially when you compare it to the millions of people who watch Adult Swim but not the anime. AS should totally cater to the 100s of people who want more anime. Damn the millions who tune in every night for their comedy shows. Jay444111 is fucking crazy. I can't believe he is trying to claim that the reason AS stopped airing anime is because it is ran by racists. What a fucking reach. They stopped airing anime people the AS doesn't want to watch. They would much rather watch their comedy stuff instead. Get over it anime people.

Millions? MILLIONS? Last time I saw that number was in 2008. I honestly have never seen it higher than even half a million in the past year alone.

Hell, Bleach when it was first running was in the millions. now family guy takes the thrown by only having 200K viewers each saturday at this point. Saying they get milions of viewers is one of the biggest jokes I have ever heard.

Besides, AS has been actively insulting anime, insulting anime fans with their bumps that are completely anti anime. They never advertise anything on their station other than Tim and Shit the worst show in history. I am full within my right to call them out as racists because that is EXACTLY how they are acting at this point. They hate anything to do with their fanbase and actively insult them when they put a shitty anime on that people didn't watch... for the main fact that much of what they show is utter shit constantly.

AS started off with anime and that is a factoid right there. Without anime there would be no AS. Now due to their own insane incompetence I am forced to watch in online because they are to dumb to actually even TRY to make it work. Much like how you are even trying to defend them. I mean it. No one in their right mind can defend them anymore. No one. We all know what they do and they have expressed themselves about anime for years since Toonami's death. They deserve to go out of business the same as regular CN. Hell, I support fucking DISNEY compared to what CN turned into anymore.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By MrKlorox

Oh THAT Roger Smith. I was picturing the alien from American Dad and knew that was incorrect.

Man Big-O would have been HILARIOUS with American Dad's Roger as the main character.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#125  Edited By musubi

The toonami thing was a nice tribute but fuck... just let it go.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Mrsignerman44

What is with all the hate, people? Can't we all just unite under Tom and get toonami up and running again?

mikethekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By mikethekilla

Toonami was the shit back when I was a kid but now its not really necessary.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Animasta

@Jay444111 said:

@DaemonBlack said:

Mainly dumbass children who have no sense of quality really. Toonami is better than anything on CN and AS combined. That is a fact people!

dumbass children? how old are you exactly

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By iam3green

yep, it was great watching dragonball Z.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#130  Edited By bonbolapti

it's just the name of an animation block. You're not really fighting to bring back anything.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Shady

A lot of you fags are real downers. Then again, this is Giant Bomb. The home to people with shitty tastes.

Avatar image for helpimupsidedown
HelpImUpsideDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@N7 said:

AND THAT'S JUST ONE SITE. Imagine what will happen when our forces combine! Captain Planet?

Oh god, not that monster! Anyone but him!

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#133  Edited By AngelN7

inb4 Toonami is for Jerks .... seriously people if you don't care why bother coming here to say "this is dumb" let thesse guys have their fun what happened to "whatever floats your boat" or any other american saying for letting people do whatever makes them feel happy.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Icil

This link, peoples: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=toonami+aftermath

Have your cake and eat it too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1b0a3fa1333
deactivated-5b1b0a3fa1333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never allow anything to end no matter the diminishing returns in quality. More of the same things from my childhood forever.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#136  Edited By dietmango

@Landon said:

Toonami will always have a speical place in my heart, because it was a huge part of my childhood. It introduced me to awesome shows like Dragon Ball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Tenchi Muyo, and maybe Sailor Moon to an extent, but that was then and this is now.

Times have changed, I can watch any anime I want at any time I want on the internet. Or I can buy the box sets of those shows because they have all ended. Toonami was a product of its time and that time is over. People are getting way too excited and letting their nostalgia blind them. If Toonami comes back we'll all be happy, then it will be something we watch in the background, then it will get canceled, and then we will blame CartoonNetwork for canceling something we stopped watching.

This, definitely this. A few years back, I would've agreed to this idea of "bringing Toonami back," but now, well...there's the Internet. There are Toonami fans out there who have Youtube accounts and uploaded Toonami promo vids I remember seeing back in the day, and I'm satisfied with that. Toonami was great, it's a damn shame it got cancelled, end of story. And like I said...there's the Internet. I rarely watch TV anymore anyways, except for the occasional Walking Dead (or otherwise) episode or two whenever I feel like it.

And no, I don't think Adult Swim is full of racists. I'm pretty sure the licensing rights to some of those shows expired and picked up by other companies like Funimation. Hence the lack of more anime on that block. But hey, what do I know? I guess it's easy to fall back on the "everybody's racist because it's anime" argument because it makes sense, right?

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By fourby

Little hesitant to take a side here, but whatever. I miss Toonami and would love to have it back in some form, but anything we might get from CN is gonna be pretty far from what we loved back then. I doubt any amount of fan hype could get the network to change their current lineup, so the best I can think to hope for might be the late night block of Boomerang being redesigned. Then the daylight shows would heavily clash with the nighttime shows, even though that's already the case with Adult Swim I guess. Also have to navigate legal problems to bring together the right lineup of shows, be they recent or not. Really, I just don't trust the network that airs Tim and Eric enough to ask them to bring Toonami back. I did leave them a nice thank you in their feedback machine though.

and I don't get the hate either. I read every word of that first Toonami thread and it was almost entirely happy feelings.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

In case you guys weren't aware, Cartoon Network has kind of been in the "OH GOD GET THE FANS BACK" panic mode for awhile now, and it is finally starting to come to a head.

At this point I believe anything can happen.
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Jay444111

@asian_pride said:

And no, I don't think Adult Swim is full of racists. I'm pretty sure the licensing rights to some of those shows expired and picked up by other companies like Funimation. Hence the lack of more anime on that block. But hey, what do I know? I guess it's easy to fall back on the "everybody's racist because it's anime" argument because it makes sense, right?

There is proof that AS does hate it's anime fans though. Many bumpers a good year after Toonami died they started fully insulting anime fans for liking anime on an almost constant basis. They recently did stop though with the release of the new FMA anime. However, the damage is done. Practically any anime of any respect did ditch AS due to their harsh comments. However, if AS and can bring them back by replacing Saturday AS with Toonami on Saturday nights, that my absolve them a bit.

However I will stand by my comments however. The entire company's belief that teaching others about other cultures is fucked beyond belief and it still shows. I mean, hell, considering they canceled Megas XLR all because the president of the company didn't 'get it' is a bullshit move in so many ways.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By N7

"The time has come. Like the phoenix, rising from the ashes of generations long ago, the impact of Toonami airing on Adult Swim has impacted the world more than you can possibly imagine. Cartoon Network has no doubt heard our pleas, and that's in no small part to you, the Giant Bomb community. It was here that the rebellion first launched, directly assaulting the senses of Cartoon Network; What they thought was a joke turned out to be something bigger than you or me. It was Toonami.

Proof that Toonami was still here. Proof that we've been waiting for years. We're doing it. We are launching an attack of love on the hearts, on the minds, of Cartoon Network. It's not something that will happen overnight, no. We need to stay strong, stand our ground, and persist. It was our dedication that brought this country together. It was our headstrong nature that was able to resist the Nazi's. It was the passion and will to go on that makes us pick up our head, shout the the heavens above and say "I will not be moved".

Together, we can make a difference. Together, we can bring Toonami back." - Barack Obama, President Of The United States Of America. (citation needed)

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#141  Edited By Atlas

This seems like the worst thing ever. You all seem like the worst thing ever.

I liked Toonami programming when I was a kid, but, c'mon people. Really?

I've tried to watch shows I liked as a kid now as an adult, the likes of DBZ, Ed, Edd & Eddy, Beyblade and Teen Titans. None of them hold up. NONE. Because there for kids, and I'm a grown-ass man with a driving license and a love of classical music and jazz.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Jay444111

@N7 said:

"The time has come. Like the phoenix, rising from the ashes of generations long ago, the impact of Toonami airing on Adult Swim has impacted the world more than you can possibly imagine. Cartoon Network has no doubt heard our pleas, and that's in no small part to you, the Giant Bomb community. It was here that the rebellion first launched, directly assaulting the senses of Cartoon Network; What they thought was a joke turned out to be something bigger than you or me. It was Toonami. Proof that Toonami was still here. Proof that we've been waiting for years. We're doing it. We are launching an attack of love on the hearts, on the minds, of Cartoon Network. It's not something that will happen overnight, no. We need to stay strong, stand our ground, and persist. It was our dedication that brought this country together. It was our headstrong nature that was able to resist the Nazi's. It was the passion and will to go on that makes us pick up our head, shout the the heavens above and say "I will not be moved". Together, we can make a difference. Together, we can bring Toonami back." - Barack Obama, President Of The United States Of America. (citation needed)

Hold the damn line at all costs! No matter what, never give in! Never surrender, for may God have mercy upon our foes, for we shall have no fucks to give!

...Dammit, I am running out of random quotes!

Uh...

Row Row Fight Tha Power! Do The Impossible! We can do this!

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Jay444111

@Atlas said:

This seems like the worst thing ever. You all seem like the worst thing ever.

I liked Toonami programming when I was a kid, but, c'mon people. Really?

I've tried to watch shows I liked as a kid now as an adult, the likes of DBZ, Ed, Edd & Eddy, Beyblade and Teen Titans. None of them hold up. NONE. Because there for kids, and I'm a grown-ass man with a driving license and a love of classical music and jazz.

I love that stuff too, but I love my childhood stuff as well. Looking back critically on my own childhood, there really is way more quality in past programming than what it currently being shown. I think that is a good half of what is going on here. We are sick of shit and are basically telling CN here and now that we cannot stand it and are demanding actual quality programming.

The other half is the anime fanbase that has finally grown sick and tired enough of being unknown and wants actual anime to come back to TV. I don't blame them either.

This would a win overall. Just because you hate your childhood shows doesn't mean we do.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By beeftothetaco

I remember Toonami kind of sucking.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By cookiemonster

Are you Jay's alt account?

Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Atlas

@Jay444111: To be honest that was a far more rational response than I was excepting. And more than I probably deserved, considering all I'm bringing is negativity about something that some people seem legitimately positive about. It's just that those people are assholes. jk

I find that I can't relate with or enjoy characters and storylines in anime/teen television at all any more. I watch them and sometimes there's actually quite a sharp piece of dialogue, but I hate the shrill OTT voice acting in 90% of this kind of TV, and the pacing is often so awful, especially in shows like DBZ where nothing happens for whole episodes. I never laugh, I never feel, and I never am moved when watching these programmes - all I'm doing is thinking; thinking about why I liked this as a kid, analysing it as an adult, looking for some kind of merit, and at the same time thinking what the hell I'm doing watching this stuff when I'm still only a few episodes into season 2 of Breaking Bad.

I guess my question is, do adults like these programmes because they still like the stories and characters - because if so then I'm obviously just missing something - or is it pure nostalgia, because if it's the latter then that's what I have a problem with. Then again, maybe that's what I'm failing to understand...

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By N7
@Atlas: I don't understand what people are missing about "staying relevant". We don't want them to come back just to air the shows we've seen years ago. What good would that do? Does CBS still air the same shows they did 20 years ago? No, because it was past a certain time and they were ready to move into a different avenue of television. As did Cartoon Network. They were struggling for a while because they weren't sure who they were going to appeal to. Do we stick with the kids that grew up watching us, or shift our focus on the newer, younger audience? It was these questions that got Toonami into a struggling position. But now, they know exactly who to appeal to.

Now, we've got a bunch of TV shows that are ripe for the format that Toonami can bring. Thunder Cats? Green Lantern TAS? Well that's an hour out of the two hour block right there . Young Justice? Dude, there are shows that are a perfect fit for Toonami, that are already in the pipeline for Cartoon Network. Not to mention there's some sort of Batman TAS rumor going around. That's a whole two hours right there. That's not even mentioning the possibility of airing specials like that Justice League: The New Frontier.

Certainly, the Toonami we grew up with is dated, but that's nothing a little ingenuity can't take care of. I really and honestly believe they were testing the waters with the Adult Swim thing, and then are in a position to boost ratings to anime night, while at the same time playing it off as an April Fools joke if it doesn't play out. It makes the most sense.

Toonami can happen and I don't see the point of being super negative(To a weird extent... if you look at how some of these people have reacted) when we're telling Cartoon Network "Yo, we're still here, and we're still interested". And if we yell loud enough, kick up enough dust, and vote with our minds, we can pull through. We got Toonami brought back at least once, but that ended up failing horribly because it seemed like it went down, died, and then was being brought back immediately, despite the fact that you need to take a break when things like that end. Give it some breathing room, you know? Toonami has had that breathing room. Toonami is ready to come back, and there are MORE than enough programs out there that they can fill their slot with.

All you have to do is take a chance, look at it with no biased opinions, and see that there is a legitimate chances for Toonami to come back and take Cartoon Network by storm.

Also I don't get this whole "LOL ADULTS WATCHING ANIME". As I recall, a few years ago that same argument was "LOL ADULTS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES". Being closed minded gets us nowhere, but by combining our heads and playing it close to the chest, we can get ourselves noticed. We can get got, bro. Get. Got.
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#148  Edited By Enigma777

Great April Fools thread, N7! Look at all these morons eating from the palm of your hand!

Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Atlas

@N7 said:

@Atlas: I don't understand what people are missing about "staying relevant". We don't want them to come back just to air the shows we've seen years ago. What good would that do? Does CBS still air the same shows they did 20 years ago? No, because it was past a certain time and they were ready to move into a different avenue of television. As did Cartoon Network. They were struggling for a while because they weren't sure who they were going to appeal to. Do we stick with the kids that grew up watching us, or shift our focus on the newer, younger audience? It was these questions that got Toonami into a struggling position. But now, they know exactly who to appeal to.

Now, we've got a bunch of TV shows that are ripe for the format that Toonami can bring. Thunder Cats? Green Lantern TAS? Well that's an hour out of the two hour block right there . Young Justice? Dude, there are shows that are a perfect fit for Toonami, that are already in the pipeline for Cartoon Network. Not to mention there's some sort of Batman TAS rumor going around. That's a whole two hours right there. That's not even mentioning the possibility of airing specials like that Justice League: The New Frontier.

Certainly, the Toonami we grew up with is dated, but that's nothing a little ingenuity can't take care of. I really and honestly believe they were testing the waters with the Adult Swim thing, and then are in a position to boost ratings to anime night, while at the same time playing it off as an April Fools joke if it doesn't play out. It makes the most sense.

Toonami can happen and I don't see the point of being super negative(To a weird extent... if you look at how some of these people have reacted) when we're telling Cartoon Network "Yo, we're still here, and we're still interested". And if we yell loud enough, kick up enough dust, and vote with our minds, we can pull through. We got Toonami brought back at least once, but that ended up failing horribly because it seemed like it went down, died, and then was being brought back immediately, despite the fact that you need to take a break when things like that end. Give it some breathing room, you know? Toonami has had that breathing room. Toonami is ready to come back, and there are MORE than enough programs out there that they can fill their slot with.

All you have to do is take a chance, look at it with no biased opinions, and see that there is a legitimate chances for Toonami to come back and take Cartoon Network by storm.

Also I don't get this whole "LOL ADULTS WATCHING ANIME". As I recall, a few years ago that same argument was "LOL ADULTS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES". Being closed minded gets us nowhere, but by combining our heads and playing it close to the chest, we can get ourselves noticed. We can get got, bro. Get. Got.

The fact that you are so passionate about this is...kinda troubling, to me.

I don't understand this notion of trying to make this kind of content and not aiming it at children. Isn't that who it's there for? For me, adult cartoons are a great thing, but the adult cartoon I love most is South Park, and Simpsons when they were in their prime. Not this stuff that's got so little substance and entertainment value for an adult audience.

But you're completely right about certain people being close minded, but that's only because we honestly can't understand the appeal. I still haven't played Arkham Asylum because I think comic book superheroes are dumb and completely uninteresting. Same reason why I haven't seen Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. These are the pieces that are supposed to exemplify all that is best about the genre, and better yet, are supposed to transcend their media. But I don't care. I just can't bring myself to care, not when there's so many other games to play and so many other films to watch. Nothing anyone can say can get me excited about comic book superheroes, anime, teenage television, any of this stuff. We're not close minded because we've chosen to be. I don't look down on people who like the stuff I don't like - who the fuck am I to decide what is worthy and what isn't? The reason people like me seem close-minded is because we don't get it, and maybe we never will, but that's fine, because it's not for us. And yeah, I'll come to threads about stuff I don't like and troll a little, because that's what the internet is about, right?

Ok, now the fact that I took the time to write this thing is troubling to me. I'm really not very good at trolling :P

I'm gonna cut this one short by saying that I used to listen to episodes of the Anime Vice podcast, despite my general complete disinterest in anime. And I kinda liked hearing about the stuff that goes on in anime - I would never want to watch it, but hearing about how crazy it can be and getting a small window into why people watch it was kinda interesting for a while. It also helped that Ana Hurka-Robles was on the show quite frequently - it's where she first appeared in Whiskey Media before she became better known for her work with Tested - and the host, Gia Manry, was also a pleasant personality. And I really, really, liked her voice...

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#150  Edited By aurahack

Everything about this thread...

ಠ_ಠ