• 116 results
cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By cnlmullen
@nintendoeats: I don't know any songs by Nick Drake specifically, but that's the right general style of song. 
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By nintendoeats
@luce said:
"  nobody posted this yet? "
Not an SG one anyway...Somebody did post a World Tour guitar.
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By nintendoeats
@cnlmullen said:
" @nintendoeats: I don't know any songs by Nick Drake specifically, but that's the right general style of song.  "
Any musical recommendations? I would like to expand upon that style in my repertoire.
matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By matpaget
@Akrid: I was thinking any artist, doesnt have to be a guitarist
but Im into Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, Thelonious Monk, Joe Pass, Django Reinhardt, Allan Holdsworth, Herbie Hancock  and so much more
Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Jams

Fender 60th Anniversary Stratocaster USA with a JB jr. in the bridge position. I'm probably going to put a duckbucker and little 59'er because those stock pickups aren't noiseless.
 Fender 60th Anniversary Stratocaster USA with a JB jr. in the bridge position. I'm probably going to put a duckbucker and little 59'er because those stock pickups aren't noiseless.

Fender Acoustic starter pack guitar. First acoustic I had. I play it in my room only and a 1/2 step down.
Fender Acoustic starter pack guitar. First acoustic I had. I play it in my room only and a 1/2 step down.

G&L Rampage Tribute Jerry Cantrell's Signature guitar from Alice in Chains. It a great sounding/ playing guitar with a piss poor khaler bridge. Gonna get a design on the body at some point.
 G&L Rampage Tribute Jerry Cantrell's Signature guitar from Alice in Chains. It a great sounding/ playing guitar with a piss poor khaler bridge. Gonna get a design on the body at some point.

Hohner HR-800 Bought it from a guitar shop that was about to go out of business. It's a beautiful guitar but doesn't sound great. Might put a real Floyd Rose and some Seymour Duncans in it some day, but for now I don't really use it.
Hohner HR-800 Bought it from a guitar shop that was about to go out of business. It's a beautiful guitar but doesn't sound great. Might put a real Floyd Rose and some Seymour Duncans in it some day, but for now I don't really use it.

An Ibanez artcore that a family friend pinstriped as payment for some work I did for him. It sounds and plays as good as it looks.
 An Ibanez artcore that a family friend pinstriped as payment for some work I did for him. It sounds and plays as good as it looks.
JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By JammyJesus
 Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
   Music Man Sub (Discontinued) 
cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By cnlmullen
@nintendoeats said:

" @cnlmullen said:

" @nintendoeats: I don't know any songs by Nick Drake specifically, but that's the right general style of song.  "
Any musical recommendations? I would like to expand upon that style in my repertoire. "
Sure, one of the latest songs I've been working on figuring out is Priscilla Ahn's Living in A Tree. It's one of her few gender neutral songs (there are some hilarious YouTube videos of guys changing her lyrics so they could sing her other songs without sounding bizarre). I've been playing with her songs so I could find a non-practice use for my loopstation.

Lately I've been loving lots of different songs by Caetano Veloso (a old Brazillian singer songwriter). The guitar bits are generally fairly easy to learn; it's just the lyrics are in Portuguese. If you have the patience to memorize the lyrics and practice making some sounds that Americans (or whatever nationality you are) normally don't make, it's a lot of fun. Since he is popular in Latin America it's generally pretty easy to find tabs for his stuff. 

I generally play a lot of Sufjan Stevens -- not a crazy "guitarist", but I love the guys songs.  His tabs are generally short repeating fingerpicking patterns, with some hammer ons and pull offs sprinkled in the middle to spice it up.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By stonyman65

I've got a few.... 

Jackson DK2 (with dimebucker/hot rails, active gain boost)
 Jackson DK2 (with dimebucker/hot rails, active gain boost)

2004 Fender American Stratocaster (Now with Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge and sparzel locking tuners, stickers now removed
 2004 Fender American Stratocaster (Now with Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge and sparzel locking tuners, stickers now removed

Group shot of my Carvin MTS 3200, strat. Ibananez Talman TCM50 and a 1996 Ibanez Jem555 (now broken)
 Group shot of my Carvin MTS 3200, strat. Ibananez Talman TCM50 and a 1996 Ibanez Jem555 (now broken)

My Ibanez RG470 body rebuilt with a JEM 555 neck and electronics
 My Ibanez RG470 body rebuilt with a JEM 555 neck and electronics

My 1996 Ibanez Talman TC420 (now discontinued)
 My 1996 Ibanez Talman TC420 (now discontinued)
stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By stokes
@jams: I've got Cantrell G&L Rampage as well.  Pretty sweet guitar.  It's my first guitar with a tremolo, but mine seems to play fairly decent.
stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By stokes
@Stonyman65: How's the Carvin play?  I know Friedman and Becker used to play them, so I imagine it's pretty fast.
pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By pplus0440
@Bucketdeth:
i have the endgame. Dave mustaine guitars are bamfs
pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By pplus0440
@GiroMindTricks:
bad ass guitars.linkin park sticker on the same guitar as a NOFX sticker? fat mike would be sad 
GiroMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By GiroMindTricks
@pplus0440 said:
"@GiroMindTricks: bad ass guitars.linkin park sticker on the same guitar as a NOFX sticker? fat mike would be sad  "

those stickers have been there for about 10 years now, some of the bands I liked back then.  Nowadays linkin park isn't one of them.
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By stonyman65
@Stokes:  This Carvin is an amp, the Master Tube Series 3200, now sadly discontinued. it is the sucessor of the Carvin x100b  which is the amp that Vai used to use in the early days.  Its got 4 6L6 tubes, and 5 12AX7 tubes - 2 celestian G1275T speakers 

I haven't had the pleasure of playing a Carvin guitar (yet) but everyone I know who has played one has nothing but great things to say. Lots of people compare them to the older 80's style Jacksons and charvel guitars,  they are built for shred and they have some of the best finishes in the industry.   I want one of their DC727 seven strings! 

check em out at www.carvinguitars.com
9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By 9cupsoftea

Two months overtime 
Two months overtime 
  My Jazzmaster
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By nintendoeats
@JammyJesus said:
"
"
Now the goldtop Gretsch is pretty great, but that Music Man should be playing so much punk that Johnny Lydon would give up and stop doing butter commericals. Awesome.
Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jams
@Stokes said:
"@jams: I've got Cantrell G&L Rampage as well.  Pretty sweet guitar.  It's my first guitar with a tremolo, but mine seems to play fairly decent.

"

Is it a tribute version or the USA version? I've already sent my first one back to G&L twice and they couldn't  fix it then they sent me that one and it has the same problem. Maybe I'm particular, but I need my guitar to stay in tune and the G&L doesn't (when using the tremolo). I think there is a fix where you solder the strings, but I don't wanna go through that crap.
bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By bjorno

ibanez rg370dx and gibson explorer

No Caption Provided

picture taken with xbox live vision cam super cools
i've got some other guitars but they are not very good & i'm too lazy to take another picture. Also I doubt you care.
neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By neozeke

Not going to have it for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg while (Custom shop) but here's my future axe 

No Caption Provided
bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By bjorno

That thing is pretty wicked!~
whats with the pickup positions?
also whoa 7 string tele

neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By neozeke
@bjorno: Haha yeah seven string baritone 0.o, I really dig the sound you get from the middle pickup, but aesthetically it would look pretty janky with three pickups so one had to go haha. I should be getting it in June or July.
EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By EvilKatarn

My Ibanez. I replaced the bridge pickup with an EMG ALX. It's a cool thing, has it's own frequency modifier and gain boost thingamajig you install inside the guitar and it uses a push-pull pot for the gain booster. Also I pulled out all the wiring for the neck pickup, never use it anyway. I play stuff like Children of Bodom and Gojira... 

No Caption Provided
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By nintendoeats
@neozeke: That looks totally badass. Where are you getting it?
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Example1013

Right now I've got that starter pack Laguna (so...the 100 model I think?), and a starter pack Fender acoustic. My ideal guitar:

Orgasm, with strings attached
 Orgasm, with strings attached

Oh my god, sex sex sex. I'm not sure that's the exact color I want--I saw one a year or two ago in person, and the red edge of the sunburst was lighter than that, so I'm not sure it's exactly the same--but it's quite possibly the sexiest thing I've ever seen. I actually took one down and played it, and it was amazing, just as I'd figured it would be.

Only problem is the $1000 price tag for a new one. But it'll be totally worth it, once I commit to playing. And I will, someday.
neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By neozeke
@nintendoeats: It's a custom shop. I still haven't ordered it yet due to this shop opening up only twice a year, but I have the cash  saved up and I should be able to pay it all off haha, I'm pretty anxious!
BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By BBQBram
@GiroMindTricks:  High five! Fender Jaguar sunburst all the way! You got a Mustang bridge on that? I swapped the bridge for a Mustang one immediately because the strings weren't digging my post-rock strumming one bit on the old bridge. How sweet are those tone controls!

So just to be clear: 

MY PURE SWEETNESS
MY PURE SWEETNESS

Also, someone said something about hating guitar elitism, it's all about the tone? Well guess what, there's actually a fine craft dedicated to perfecting and tailoring that tone. It's still a subjective matter of course, but price and quality are certainly connected in some way and you can't get every sound out of every guitar. I don't mean to brag, my guitar also pales in comparison to hand-crafted customs - but I don't like this self-righteous justification of having a cheap guitar, "so real man". I guess black metal is to blame - let's make the production values shitty This can be a conscious choice for effect but it tends to be overdone. Burzum himself wrote this whole statement about the instrument industry standing in the way of pure art, which I find complete bull. Production values can't save a shitty song but they can certainly make an amazing song sound just right. What's wrong with a broad palette.
cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By cerberus3dog

Gibson Les Paul's are pretty big where I grew up since it is Les Paul's hometown. Both my dad and I own one and my dad was lucky enough to get his signed by Les. I received mine as a graduation gift from high school and was in awe when my dad surprised me with it! Here ya go: 

Gibson Custom 1960 Les Paul Reissue
 Gibson Custom 1960 Les Paul Reissue
BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By BBQBram
@Cerberus3Dog:  You have a Les Paul signed by Les Paul? Dude...
Avatar image for detectivespecial
DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DetectiveSpecial
  Rebuilt '96 JagStang  and 95 Dano U1.  
 Rebuilt '96 JagStang  and 95 Dano U1.  
Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Ramone

My guitar at the minute is pretty sucky but I would like to own a Yamaha SG and/or a Fender Jag at one point but those badboys are expensive.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Djeffers03
@Bucketdeth said:
"
 Dean, Angel of Deth
 Dean, Angel of Deth
"
That looks CRAZY expensive.
Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#82  Edited By Julmust

I really want a Kai Hansen Signature ESP guitar but they're pretty expensive.

And some of you had some really nice ones!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#83  Edited By csl316

I have an acoustic at my friend's house, and my first guitar is in pieces now getting painted (so I could mount it somewhere).  But here's the rest!

My PRS, probably my most played guitar.  Completely awesome all around.  I love it!
 My PRS, probably my most played guitar.  Completely awesome all around.  I love it!

The Jackson.  Probably my ballsiest guitar, although I just had a problem with the electronics.  Warranty, ftw.
 The Jackson.  Probably my ballsiest guitar, although I just had a problem with the electronics.  Warranty, ftw.

My second guitar, an Epiphone.  Super comfortable to play. I spent a summer saving up for this and a Marshall amp, and then my friend's dad painted it.   Lots of memories with this guy.
 My second guitar, an Epiphone.  Super comfortable to play. I spent a summer saving up for this and a Marshall amp, and then my friend's dad painted it.   Lots of memories with this guy.

My old Ibanez with piezo pickups.  For some reason, I use this purely for clean playing.  The bluesy tone is phenomenal, and that's not what I bought this for.  Extremely low action, very fun to play.
 My old Ibanez with piezo pickups.  For some reason, I use this purely for clean playing.  The bluesy tone is phenomenal, and that's not what I bought this for.  Extremely low action, very fun to play.

My Breedlove acoustic.  For years I played a free Carlo Robelli, before I decided to upgrade to one that could be plugged into an amp. So glad I got this one, it's an amazing guitar.
 My Breedlove acoustic.  For years I played a free Carlo Robelli, before I decided to upgrade to one that could be plugged into an amp. So glad I got this one, it's an amazing guitar.

The only nylon string guitar I own.  I got it to practice classical, and now it's one of my favorites to play when I'm feeling calm.   It just feels great to play.
 The only nylon string guitar I own.  I got it to practice classical, and now it's one of my favorites to play when I'm feeling calm.   It just feels great to play.

That's all I got in the house, not including my keyboard, trumpet, or piano.  Music kicks ass!
csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By csl316
@jams: All pretty awesome, especially the Alice in Chains one and the amazing art on the last guy.
Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#85  Edited By Elazul

Great thread so far. It's good to see that there are a fair few musicians on the site.

Anyway, here're mine: 

My Les Paul Standard...
 My Les Paul Standard...

...and my Fender Baja Tele.
 ...and my Fender Baja Tele.

I love 'em both, but my Les Paul seriously is the best sounding guitar I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I wouldn't part with it for the world.

Oh and yes, my amp is indeed purple.
BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BBQBram

Some nice ones in here!

GiroMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By GiroMindTricks
@BBQBram:  Yeah, I put a Mustang bridge on it.  Strings kept moving about on the stock one.  Also added a Seymour Duncan strat hot-rail to the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Jaguar Quarter Pound to the neck.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By iam3green

i have a question.... what are so special about fender stratus? i was watching auction wars and the person got like $1200 or along there for a guitar..

GiroMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By GiroMindTricks
@iam3green:   any pre-CBS fender is worth more than most people can count.
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By nintendoeats
@iam3green said:
" i have a question.... what are so special about fender stratus? i was watching auction wars and the person got like $1200 or along there for a guitar.. "
Have you heard a proper Strat? They have this really awesome tubular sound that I've never really heard anywhere else.
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By nintendoeats
@Elazul: Those are some really nice ones. I'm digging the acoustic especially (though I'm always into a PRS).

@Jonny7892: My dad has a Yamaha SG. It's really awesome. It also belonged to some famous musician from Vancouver that no-one has heard of.
Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Romination

I'm glad no one's had a Warlock or something along those lines. They've always been the most annoying looking guitar, like someone's trying too hard to be hardcore.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#93  Edited By Elazul
@nintendoeats said:
" @Elazul: Those are some really nice ones. I'm digging the acoustic especially (though I'm always into a PRS)."
Sorry dude, wrong guy. I've just got the Les Paul and the Tele. I'll agree that his acoustic is pretty nice though.

@iam3green: Buddy, if you think that's alot you should check out some of the higher end PRS guitars. They seriously get into the tens of thousands. See?

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ztiworoh

MIne... 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Your PRS is fucking lovely. Me want one. 

I'm rocking a Fender Strat. One Humbucker and two single coils. Its Mexican, though. Guess the wood and pick-ups are slightly cheaper than their American counterparts. Still a great guitar.
ZombieSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ZombieSpace

No Caption Provided
Seems like im the only SG player ;D Cool gear you guys
csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By csl316
@GetEveryone said:

" @csl316: Your PRS is fucking lovely. Me want one.  I'm rocking a Fender Strat. One Humbucker and two single coils. Its Mexican, though. Guess the wood and pick-ups are slightly cheaper than their American counterparts. Still a great guitar. "

Thanks dude.  It's an SE Custom, meaning it was made in Korea rather than the U.S.  I thought about upgrading to the Mikael Akerfeldt model ( here) , due to the 24 frets, bird inlays, and complete sexiness, but I like this one too much.  Maybe I get get both someday.  So I can do this authentically:

Curious why I can't see this video^  I've embed plenty in my day...
Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Jace

Guild D55
 Guild D55

And a G&L Comanche
BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By BBQBram

My best friend actually just graduated from one of the only authentic guitar building craft (there's gotta be a real world for that) academies left in Europe. Anyone wanna order a sick handmade custom god tier acoustic built with OG wood from spain? I'll get you a discount :P

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By xyzygy

I just got a regular old Epiphone G-400. I think we all know what they look like. Oh, and a Slammer Bass. And a nice Takamine acoustic-electric, and a 1990's Yamaha acoustic, and an Epiphone Les Paul Special, and an Art & Lutherie 12 string. They're all scattered around the house though so I don't feel like rounding them all up for pics 

ALSO I HAVE A QUIZ 
Me and my friend went to Germany, where he's from, for Christmas one year about 4 years ago. We seen this guitar we had never heard of before. It was a Fender, and shaped like a Telecaster, but it was all silver sparkles with no pick guard and the neck seemed fused to the base, almost as if it and the base were the same peice of wood. The whole body was the same silver sparkle. He ended up buying it in our nearest city (Halifax) when we got back to Canada (it was the only one anywhere around), and I played the shit out of it. But for some reason I can't remember the name of it even after all the time i had spent with it. Any guesses?