GP1Mil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By GP1Mil
TheJollyRajah said:
"So much more musicianship can be found in rock. Rock music has left a bigger impact and legacy behind than rap ever will. Rap is straight up garbage. It's just a bunch of sounds recorded on a synthesizer with some burnout named Tyrone mumbling the lyrics in his basement. Then, somehow, this shit sells really well with the younger crowd. No talent whatsoever.

Rock is just a lot better than rap. I mean, I haven't seen "RapBand" yet, have you?
"
Dude you have no idea do you?? Of course Rock as left more history because the hip-culture did't really start until later in the 80's then went gold in 90's with Run DMC, Pac and NWA. To go about how it is garbage is just ridiculous, of course rappers don't do musical parts that are the MC's they are lyricists, the beats come from the DJ's which is part of teh Hip-Hop culture. I bet you just turn MTV on and see that shit and think oh this must be how it is. If that is your logic then Rock is nothing but dudes who look like pre-pubescent girls and the Jonas Brothers.

you sir need to educate yourself on the who Hip-Hop culture before you make fail posts like this one, btw Rockband is for all the posers like yourself probably that can't play an instrument but pretend you do by matching colors on the TV
Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Giantkitty

Because rock is a general catch all term. Most people wouldn't make that broad of a generalization. One could argue rap is a genre of rock, look what they sample. The only person who I knew who thought rock sucked listened to classical  music all the time.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Earthbounder

Rock sucks.... if you only listened to bands formed after the mid nineties.

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By PharoahCapcom

Music from any genre sucks...Rap and Rock has both contributed alot to pop culture and American society.There is no need to argue which is better.

BTW Guitar Hero and Rock Band are garbage ass games and I believe people only play them to hear the music.There is absolutely no way you can say a game that took what DDR did and capitalized on it is good.DDR isn't even good so copying it is ridiculous game design.Also there is a rap game called Get on the Mic and it's just as garbage.
SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Those threads suck.  This thread sucks.  All "(fill in the blank here) sucks" threads suck.  Stop with the stupid hate threads already.  They suck.

Holy shit, I can't believe there are actually mods in this thread speaking negatively about rap music, and saying rock is better.
"duh, at least rock is real music.  They play instruments!"  "dur, rap is teh suck.  U no see rap band only ROCK band!"  What fuck, guys?  You are supposed to set an example.

Who fucking cares?  There's nothing wrong with rap or rock, there's just differences of opinion.  And you can find really shitty examples of both.  Stop with these stupid hate threads.

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By PharoahCapcom
SpaceInsomniac said:
"Those threads suck.  This thread sucks.  All "(fill in the blank here) sucks" threads suck.  Stop with the stupid hate threads already.  They suck."
You suck
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By Black_Rose
TheJollyRajah said:
"So much more musicianship can be found in rock. Rock music has left a bigger impact and legacy behind than rap ever will. Rap is straight up garbage. It's just a bunch of sounds recorded on a synthesizer with some burnout named Tyrone mumbling the lyrics in his basement. Then, somehow, this shit sells really well with the younger crowd. No talent whatsoever.

Rock is just a lot better than rap. I mean, I haven't seen "RapBand" yet, have you?
"
Exactly, rock actually takes talent. Any rock artist could rap but i'll like to see a rapper trying to sing like Freddie Mercury or playing the guitar like Slash.
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Black_Rose said:
"TheJollyRajah said:

"
Exactly, rock actually takes talent. Any rock artist could rap but i'll like to see a rapper trying to sing like Freddie Mercury or playing the guitar like Slash."
GTFOH with this dumb shit...Rap takes talent if your actually good at it.White people keep buying all these wack ass albums and Rappers with actual skills don't get noticed.That's why people only get exposed to people with no talent like Soulja Boy.Singing like Freddy Mercury or playing the guitar like Slash ain't shit...Any rock artist can't rap.
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Illmatic

The majority of the people you're complaining about are whiny 13 year olds with too much time on their hands which needs to be filled with badly thought out puns and abbreviations. Shouldn't let what some internet douchebag thinks about your genre influence you. Its the internets. Nuff said.

Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Jonathan
I use to say that rap sucked, but I just didn't like the social aspect of it. I didn't like the "yo waz upp gawg!!!" while wearing clothing 5 sizes too big and the entire "gangsta" culture. The music itself isn't inherently bad, I'm just not a huge fan of it. I did really like that illegal Beatles/Jay-Z mash up. And stronger by Kanye West isn't that bad (mostly because I really dig Daft Punk).
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Gizmo

Eminem+Dr Dre+Snoop Dogg+50 Cent 

VS
                    Led Zeppelin

The rappers dont even come close.
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Gizmo said:
"Eminem+Dr Dre+Snoop Dogg+50 Cent 
                            VS
                    Led Zeppelin

"
Eminem is bigger than Zep.
Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jonathan
PharoahCapcom said:
"Gizmo said:
                            VS
                    Led Zeppelin

"
Eminem is bigger than Zep."
Well no. Eminem has sold 70 million records worldwide. Led Zeppelin has sold more than 300 million worldwide. Led Zeppelin has 7 number 1 US records while eminem has 3. Led Zeppelin sold almost double that of Eminem's worldwide sales in the US alone.
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Jonathan said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Gizmo said:
                            VS
                    Led Zeppelin

"
Well no. Eminem has sold 70 million records worldwide. Led Zeppelin has sold more than 300 million worldwide. Led Zeppelin has 7 number 1 US records while eminem has 3. Led Zeppelin sold almost double that of Eminem's worldwide sales in the US alone."
Your talking about record sales i'm talking about commercial appeal and overall wealth.
Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jonathan
PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Gizmo said:
                            VS
                    Led Zeppelin

"
Well no. Eminem has sold 70 million records worldwide. Led Zeppelin has sold more than 300 million worldwide. Led Zeppelin has 7 number 1 US records while eminem has 3. Led Zeppelin sold almost double that of Eminem's worldwide sales in the US alone."
Your talking about record sales i'm talking about commercial appeal and overall wealth."
How do you measure commercial appeal? By record sales. Eminem has been around since 1995. For 13 years. Led Zeppelin formed, released 9 albums (not including compilations and live albums), and broke up in 12 years.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Black_Rose
Jonathan said:
"How do you measure commercial appeal? By record sales. Eminem has been around since 1995. For 13 years. Led Zeppelin formed, released 9 albums (not including compilations and live albums), and broke up in 12 years."
Not to mention the influence they had on people
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By xruntime

I don't like rap or metal (some rock is nice, like U2). But I don't care to get into a petty internet argument about it..

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Jonathan said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Gizmo said:
                            VS
                    Led Zeppelin

"
Your talking about record sales i'm talking about commercial appeal and overall wealth."
How do you measure commercial appeal? By record sales. Eminem has been around since 1995. For 13 years. Led Zeppelin formed, released 9 albums (not including compilations and live albums), and broke up in 12 years."
I measure commercial appeal to the amount of public attention someone gets..Right now Miley Cyrus is bigger than Zep.She gets alot of attention,she hasn't sold as much as them yet but she is huge.She's got her own show,she's on the cover of magazines,she's selling out concerts.More people right now know the name Miley Cyrus than the name Led Zepplin.I know Zep because I was exposed to it when I was younger...people born this decade have no idea who Led Zepplin is.Eminem at the peak of his popularity was the topic of many conversations..he has countless MTV specials,a movie based on his life..etc.Zep is probably broke right now..i'm sure those dudes haven't aquired the type of wealth Eminem has...with his own record label,clothling etc.
blue74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By blue74

well i listen to both types of music rap&rock

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Pibo47
Demyx said:
"Rock doesn't suck, duh!"
word. Lol, the reason rap sucks is because it takes absoutly no skill at all to do it, anyone can rap. Not anyone can make a good rock band.
Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Jonathan
PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Gizmo said:
                            VS
                    Led Zeppelin

"
How do you measure commercial appeal? By record sales. Eminem has been around since 1995. For 13 years. Led Zeppelin formed, released 9 albums (not including compilations and live albums), and broke up in 12 years."
I measure commercial appeal to the amount of public attention someone gets..Right now Miley Cyrus is bigger than Zep.She gets alot of attention,she hasn't sold as much as them yet but she is huge.She's got her own show,she's on the cover of magazines,she's selling out concerts.More people right now know the name Miley Cyrus than the name Led Zepplin.I know Zep because I was exposed to it when I was younger...people born this decade have no idea who Led Zepplin is.Eminem at the peak of his popularity was the topic of many conversations..he has countless MTV specials,a movie based on his life..etc.Zep is probably broke right now..i'm sure those dudes haven't aquired the type of wealth Eminem has...with his own record label,clothling etc."
Let me tell you, Led Zeppelin were the first people to sell out madison square garden, the first band with a private jet, Led Zeppelin IV sold 23 million in the US alone, released a popular motion picture, and had the largest concert ever at that time. They broke dozens of records and Led Zeppelin at their peak were way bigger than Eminem at his peak.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Black_Rose
Jonathan said:
Let me tell you, Led Zeppelin were the first people to sell out madison square garden, the first band with a private jet, Led Zeppelin IV sold 23 million in the US alone, released a popular motion picture, and had the largest concert ever at that time. They broke dozens of records and Led Zeppelin at their peak were way bigger than Eminem at his peak."
Another thing, Hannah Montana is just a fad, she sells out concerts today but in 10 years nobody will remember her. It's been more than 40 years since Zeppellin's first album and they still have a huge fanbase that neither Eminem or Miley Cirus will ever be able to beat.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Bulldog19892
Arkthemaniac said:
"Suicrat said:
"Is it inconceivable to anyone that both genres have worthy artists?"
This.

Rap is a somewhat unproven medium because all the big artists nowadays talk about the club too much. A rap artist that's good with words COUGH COUGH ZACK DE LA ROCHA OMG TEH COLD IS KILLING MEH can do alot.

And yes, Rage Against The Machine is part rap."
Zack De La Rocha is awesome.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Jonathan said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Gizmo said:
                            VS
                    Led Zeppelin

"
I measure commercial appeal to the amount of public attention someone gets..Right now Miley Cyrus is bigger than Zep.She gets alot of attention,she hasn't sold as much as them yet but she is huge.She's got her own show,she's on the cover of magazines,she's selling out concerts.More people right now know the name Miley Cyrus than the name Led Zepplin.I know Zep because I was exposed to it when I was younger...people born this decade have no idea who Led Zepplin is.Eminem at the peak of his popularity was the topic of many conversations..he has countless MTV specials,a movie based on his life..etc.Zep is probably broke right now..i'm sure those dudes haven't aquired the type of wealth Eminem has...with his own record label,clothling etc."
Let me tell you, Led Zeppelin were the first people to sell out madison square garden, the first band with a private jet, Led Zeppelin IV sold 23 million in the US alone, released a popular motion picture, and had the largest concert ever at that time. They broke dozens of records and Led Zeppelin at their peak were way bigger than Eminem at his peak."
WHO GIVES A F#CK...how is any of that relevant to 2008?
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77  Edited By TheJollyRajah
GP1Mil said:
"TheJollyRajah said:

"
Dude you have no idea do you?? Of course Rock as left more history because the hip-culture did't really start until later in the 80's then went gold in 90's with Run DMC, Pac and NWA. To go about how it is garbage is just ridiculous, of course rappers don't do musical parts that are the MC's they are lyricists, the beats come from the DJ's which is part of teh Hip-Hop culture. I bet you just turn MTV on and see that shit and think oh this must be how it is. If that is your logic then Rock is nothing but dudes who look like pre-pubescent girls and the Jonas Brothers.

you sir need to educate yourself on the who Hip-Hop culture before you make fail posts like this one, btw Rockband is for all the posers like yourself probably that can't play an instrument but pretend you do by matching colors on the TV"
Wow, I think I know quite a bit more about music. Much more than your average guy. I'm studying for my degree in music education.

I CAN play an instrument. Check it out in my profile. Geez.

And RockBand is hella fun, even for real musicians. You may not be making music, but that game still gives you that awesome feeling you'd get if you were playing an instrument, especially if you have four players.

I listen to classic rock. Rap doesn't come close.
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Black_Rose said:
"Jonathan said:
Another thing, Hannah Montana is just a fad, she sells out concerts today but in 10 years nobody will remember her. It's been more than 40 years since Zeppellin's first album and they still have a huge fanbase that neither Eminem or Miley Cirus will ever be able to beat.
"
You just say any old thing to prove a point.
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#79  Edited By demonbear

Whoever wins, Metal kills the winner!

Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Jonathan
PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Gizmo said:
                            VS
                    Led Zeppelin

"
WHO GIVES A F#CK...how is any of that relevant to 2008?"
Miley Cirus is currently selling more albums than the Beatles. Does that make her more popular? No. Thats my point. The reason more people may know Eminem's name now is becasue he is more recent. Right now on the amazon dvd sales chart Transformers on Blu Ray is ahead of movies like Star Wars. Does it mean it's more popular? No, it's just more recent.
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Jonathan said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:
WHO GIVES A F#CK...how is any of that relevant to 2008?"
Miley Cirus is currently selling more albums than the Beatles. Does that make her more popular? No. Thats my point. The reason more people may know Eminem's name now is becasue he is more recent. Right now on the amazon dvd sales chart Transformers on Blu Ray is ahead of movies like Star Wars. Does it mean it's more popular? No, it's just more recent."
I'm talking about right now..who the hell are the Beatles in 2008? They are name.When I said Eminem is bigger than Zep I meant right now..who is more relevant to pop culture?
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Vaxadrin

What's your definition of pop culture?  Teens, or the whole population?  Pop = popular, right?  Well Led Zepplin is more popular than Eminem amongst people alive on earth right now.

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Vaxadrin said:
"What's your definition of pop culture?  Teens, or the whole population?  Pop = popular, right?  Well Led Zepplin is more popular than Eminem amongst people alive on earth right now."
I don't believe so.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Black_Rose
PharoahCapcom said:
"Vaxadrin said:
"What's your definition of pop culture?  Teens, or the whole population?  Pop = popular, right?  Well Led Zepplin is more popular than Eminem amongst people alive on earth right now."
I don't believe so."
That doesn't mean it isn't true
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Black_Rose said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Vaxadrin said:
I don't believe so."
That doesn't mean it isn't true"
That doesn't mean it is either.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By DualReaver
PharoahCapcom said:
"Black_Rose said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Vaxadrin said:
I don't believe so."
That doesn't mean it isn't true"
That doesn't mean it is either."
But that doesn't mean that it might not mean that it is true.

Yeah I know, Mindfuck. D:
Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Jonathan
PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:
Miley Cirus is currently selling more albums than the Beatles. Does that make her more popular? No. Thats my point. The reason more people may know Eminem's name now is becasue he is more recent. Right now on the amazon dvd sales chart Transformers on Blu Ray is ahead of movies like Star Wars. Does it mean it's more popular? No, it's just more recent."
I'm talking about right now..who the hell are the Beatles in 2008? They are name.When I said Eminem is bigger than Zep I meant right now..who is more relevant to pop culture?"
Well right now the Beatles have the number 2 DVD in amazon, LOVE was one of the best selling albums of 2006 and 2007. They have been on the amazon charts since they started selling CDs. And almost all of the best selling amazon albums ever are Beatles albums. Right now Beatles 1 is ahead of any Eminem record. Number 1 by the Beatles which is a compilation album released in 2000 is the fastest selling album of all time and the best selling album of the 2000s.It's also the best selling CD (not album) in the world. The Beatles NOW are more popular than Eminem.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Black_Rose

Wow you know your facts Jon

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Jonathan said:
Well right now the Beatles have the number 2 DVD in amazon, LOVE was one of the best selling albums of 2006 and 2007. They have been on the amazon charts since they started selling CDs. And almost all of the best selling amazon albums ever are Beatles albums. Right now Beatles 1 is ahead of any Eminem record. Number 1 by the Beatles which is a compilation album released in 2000 is the fastest selling album of all time and the best selling album of the 2000s.It's also the best selling CD (not album) in the world. The Beatles NOW are more popular than Eminem.

"
No.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By DualReaver
PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:

"
No."
Well he's got you there Jonathan.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Black_Rose
PharoahCapcom said:
"No."
Yes
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By PharoahCapcom

This has gone on long enough.Rock is no better than Rap and vice-versa.

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By PharoahCapcom
DualReaver said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:

"
No."
Well he's got you there Jonathan."
No owns all.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Vaxadrin
PharoahCapcom said:
"Jonathan said:

"
No."
I disagree.
Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Jonathan

All you can say is no? The Beatles are currently selling MANY more albums than Eminem, and I think that makes them more popular. The Marshall Mathers LP (Eminem's best selling album) released in 2000 sold 21 million worldwide. 1 by The Beatles released in 2000 sold 28 million worldwide.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Vaxadrin
PharoahCapcom said:
I agree with me and I am above all therefore I win."
Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#97  Edited By Shawn
MB said:
"Shawn said:
"Maybe rock would have more than 5 links if it required to musical talent at all, just a suggestion."
At least rock features actual instruments."
I meant that in a, rock requires talent, that's why theres only 5 links.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Black_Rose

I <3 Jonathan

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Vaxadrin

Whoops, sorry about that.  Here's the edited version:

Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Jonathan

People should stop quoting that long bloc of text. Posts are getting lost in the shuffle.