giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By giyanks22
jakob187 said:
"Bulldog, how can you knock on Leonardo DiCaprio and think Heath Ledger is something great?
Let's look at a little list here:

Leo:
  • Basketball Diaries
  • The Departed
  • The Aviator
  • Gangs of New York
  • Blood Diamond

Heath:
  • The Order
  • A Knight's Tale
  • 10 Things I Hate About You
  • The Patriot
  • Casanova

The ONLY strong performance that Heath ever gave was in The Dark Knight, and all ANY actor has to do is fart with the makeup on and he's gonna be good.  The Joker isn't a HARD character to play.

He even sucked in I'm Not There and Lords of Dogtown!!!  The only bad credits that Leo honestly holds to his name are Titanic and The Beach!
"
Um you're forgetting Body of Lies for Leo, and Leo's best Titanic... Ledger was pretty good in TDK, and the Joker is a pretty tough charecter to play. Ledger was also in Fagback Mountain.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

jakob187 said:
Gary Oldman - fucking genius...shame he was in a shitter like Fifth Element though

Edward Norton - pretty good....

Will Smith - is a hit with the kids due to his nice clean rap. Workout scene in every film.

Mark Wahlberg - when the dood is given a good role, he still manages to make it SUCK ...and when he's given a bad role, hit just makes you want to commit suicide.  He's got a really bad selection of movies...although italian job is awesome.

Zac Efron - It's the start of something new.
Fix'D for epicness.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By HandsomeDead
giyanks22 said:
"The Joker is a pretty tough charecter to play."
No it's not. He's a one dimensional psycho. Typical DC character.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#104  Edited By jakob187
DazbotAthertron said:
"I like penis"
Thoroughly fix'd now.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By giyanks22
HandsomeDead said:
"giyanks22 said:
"The Joker is a pretty tough charecter to play."
No it's not. He's a one dimensional psycho. Typical DC character."
Playing Ledger's version of the Joker is incredibly demanding emotionally...Ledger locked himself in a hotel room for a month to try and get into the character. Playing the Joker probably is what caused him to over dose.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By jakob187
giyanks22 said:
"Playing Ledger's version of the Joker is incredibly easy, but he made everyone think it is demanding emotionally...Ledger locked himself in a hotel room for a month to fool the media into thinking it was difficult or something to try and get into the character. Being a drunk pillpopper with no future ahead of him and losing an Oscar that he for some reason thought he fucking deserved probably is what caused him to over dose."
Fix'd as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"jakob187 said:
"I like penis"
Thoroughly fix'd now."
you forgot to spellcheck.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By HandsomeDead
jakob187 said:
"giyanks22 said:
"Playing Ledger's version of the Joker is incredibly easy, but he made everyone think it is demanding emotionally...Ledger locked himself in a hotel room for a month to fool the media into thinking it was difficult or something to try and get into the character. Being a drunk pillpopper with no future ahead of him and losing an Oscar that he for some reason thought he fucking deserved probably is what caused him to over dose."
Fix'd as well."
You can't say that! He's dead! Give him the respect he deserves. Heath Ledger was the greatest actor alive ever and anyone who says otherwise didn't understand The Dark Knight. The heavy handed metaphors went right over your head.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#109  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Okay, seriously. Heath Ledger was GOOD IN THE DARK KNIGHT. He fit the role well, and he had great timing with all his lines, as well as developing a great physical presence.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By giyanks22
HandsomeDead said:
"jakob187 said:
"giyanks22 said:
Fix'd as well."
You can't say that! He's dead! Give him the respect he deserves. Heath Ledger was the greatest actor alive ever and anyone who says otherwise didn't understand The Dark Knight. The heavy handed metaphors went right over your head."
I wouldn't go that far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HandsomeDead said:

Heath Ledger was the greatest actor alive ever and anyone who says otherwise didn't understand The Dark Knight.
lmao. No.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By kmdrkul
Arkthemaniac said:
"Well, I'm pretty sure the only actors/actresses of "my" time are Dakota Fanning and Haley Joel Osment, so I'm just gonna say my top 5.
1. Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal Lector, for you noobs)
2. Edward Norton (I don't know exactly why, but his performance in Fight Club is just awesome)
3. Kathy Bates (From Misery)
4. John Cleese (You're mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries)
5.Jodie Foster (She's a great actress, and she's really hot)

So yeah, the last one is just kind of a "had to do it because I couldn't think of another one," but Jodie Foster is a real babe.
"
I actually agree with you on Kathy Bates.  Misery was a great film.
Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Bonesofwar

Dakota Fanning.

Contra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#114  Edited By Contra
Going back a little >_>

HandsomeDead
said:

So you just ignored things I said to make it sound like you had a point? Well done.

I know. My point, originally, all those pages back, was how people could deny Efron's talent when he is obviously a star in the making."
Yes. It was well done wasn't it, just like what you are doing ¬_¬.

And your point may be that you think he is talented, but he does not have a body of work to put him in the top 100 actors of all time... no matter top 5; and thusshouldn't be discussed here.

And moving on.

I would say HeathArkthemaniac said:
"Okay, seriously. Heath Ledger was GOOD IN THE DARK KNIGHT. He fit the role well, and he had great timing with all his lines, as well as developing a great physical presence."

I agree.  He was begining to build up a pool of work that was begining to make him a respectable actor.  TDK could have made him as an actor for blockbusters, and he would have been set for the next 10 years as a first name of a film poster and a name you'd respect for the next 5 years on TDK alone.

I think 5 years down the line, a few more brilliant roles under his belt showing his range; he could have easily been on a list of greatest actors of our generation.  But he wasn't.  He was in one massive blockbuster, a critically acclaimed movie, a few other alright roles, and tedious crap. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By jakob187

Heath Ledger was a fucking failure, and he realized it way too late...just like Kurt Cobain.

Was he good in The Dark Knight?  Yes.  Did he play it well?  Yeah, I thought so.  Oscar-worthy?  Eh, I'm borderlined on it.  Regardless...he was still an absolute shit actor, and the fact that everyone makes him out to be some spectacular thing is just beyond me.  Maybe if he had a few more years to convince me, sure...but he sucked ass in Brokeback Mountain.

Also, since I just brought that movie up, I wanna say this:  yes, we get it - it's a movie about gay cowboys.  Regardless of that fact, your narrow-minded attempts at shutting a movie down for that reason are fucking weak and stupid.  Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, had Rik Mayall dressed in drag, and it was a fucking amazing movie.  Willem Dafoe played a gay guy in Boondock Saints, and people love him for it.  Also, it's a script written by Larry McMurtry, who is an amazing author (most notable for writing Lonesome Dove).  Therefore, I show anything this man writes a TON of fucking respect.  I looked at the movie for what it was:  a love story.  Unfortunately, it was a shitty love story.  Ennis and Jack were two selfish assholes that ended up causing more trouble than they were worth as human beings.  Ang Lee did a good job of building tension between the two, but Jake and Heath had to rely on the director to build it and couldn't even emote it themselves.  It's a travesty of a film.

So if the only reason you can bash the film is because it happens to be a love story about gay males, then fuckin' die...because your narrow-minded bullshit is worthless at this point in time.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By HandsomeDead
Contra said:
"HandsomeDead said:

So you just ignored things I said to make it sound like you had a point? Well done.

I know. My point, originally, all those pages back, was how people could deny Efron's talent when he is obviously a star in the making."
Yes. It was well done wasn't it, just like what you are doing ¬_¬.

And your point may be that you think he is talented, but he does not have a body of work to put him in the top 100 actors of all time... no matter top 5; and thusshouldn't be discussed here."
That was my point in the first place. You're going on about something I, and everyone else here, already knows.

jakob187 said:
"Heath Ledger was a fucking failure, and he realized it way too late...just like Kurt Cobain.
Was he good in The Dark Knight?  Yes.  Did he play it well?  Yeah, I thought so.  Oscar-worthy?  Eh, I'm borderlined on it.  Regardless...he was still an absolute shit actor, and the fact that everyone makes him out to be some spectacular thing is just beyond me.  Maybe if he had a few more years to convince me, sure...but he sucked ass in Brokeback Mountain.

Also, since I just brought that movie up, I wanna say this:  yes, we get it - it's a movie about gay cowboys.  Regardless of that fact, your narrow-minded attempts at shutting a movie down for that reason are fucking weak and stupid.  Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, had Rik Mayall dressed in drag, and it was a fucking amazing movie.  Willem Dafoe played a gay guy in Boondock Saints, and people love him for it.  Also, it's a script written by Larry McMurtry, who is an amazing author (most notable for writing Lonesome Dove).  Therefore, I show anything this man writes a TON of fucking respect.  I looked at the movie for what it was:  a love story.  Unfortunately, it was a shitty love story.  Ennis and Jack were two selfish assholes that ended up causing more trouble than they were worth as human beings.  Ang Lee did a good job of building tension between the two, but Jake and Heath had to rely on the director to build it and couldn't even emote it themselves.  It's a travesty of a film.

So if the only reason you can bash the film is because it happens to be a love story about gay males, then fuckin' die...because your narrow-minded bullshit is worthless at this point in time.
"
I think I agree with everything said here. You're a good man, jakob. Maybe.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#117  Edited By DualReaver

Zac Effron is ace, October 18th, represent!

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#118  Edited By BoG

Ok, I'll take this opportunity to expand my list (In no particular oreder):

Kevin Spacey
Robert DeNiro
Jack Nicholson
Clint Eastwood (Mostly due to awesome)
Anyone who is not Nick Cage.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By jakob187
BoG said:
"Clint Eastwood (Mostly due to awesome)"
Although he may play the same damn character every time he acts...he's fucking amazing at that character, and there's always a subtle difference to each of them.
BoG, you are full of win for that one.

You get double win for hating Nic Cage as much as me.

And you lose all the win because you like Nicholson.

Sowwy.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By HandsomeDead

Nicholas Cage haters need to watch The Rock and The Weather Man. Seriously, I hated him too until I saw those films and now i'm almost a fan. Also, Clint Eastwood's new film, Gran Torino, looks amazing. It's riduclous how he can be so old and still such a genuine badass.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By DualReaver

I enjoyed Lord of War.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122  Edited By BoG
jakob187 said:
"BoG said:
Although he may play the same damn character every time he acts...he's fucking amazing at that character, and there's always a subtle difference to each of them.

Sowwy.
"
Cuckoos Nest, The Shining... You can't tell me Ncholson isn't a good actor.
As for Cage, Weather Man was good, but I can never forgive the man for Ghost Rider. 
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Gizmo
Jack Nicholson in the Shining = World's best acting in a horror film EVER.
Jack Nicholson in the Shining = World's best acting in a horror film EVER.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By jakob187
BoG said:
"Cuckoos Nest, The Shining... You can't tell me Ncholson isn't a good actor.
As for Cage, Weather Man was good, but I can never forgive the man for Ghost Rider."
Cage's ONLY good roles were Raising Arizona and Matchstick Men, and that's only because the movies were already good and the directors are amazing (Coen Brothers and Ridley Scott, respectively).  Other than that...I'll put it this way...I bought The Wicker Man remake...used...just to watch his ass burn over and over and over...in freeze frame...

It is totally worth it.

As for Nicholson, I give him credit for Cuckoo's Nest.  He did a good job in The Departed as well, although I'm prone to liking anything by Scorsese and still think that Peter O'Toole or Paul Newman could've played the role way better.  However, to like The Shining...*ugh*.  Kubrick raped the book and turned it into a fucking farce, and Nicholson was willing to help him with it.  He completely fucked up the character of Jack, whom Steven Weber played to the correct tone and aesthetic in the TV miniseries.  The Shining, in general, is bullshit.  Then again, I'm a fan of the book...so it's hard to satisfy me.

Other than that, look at his other films:  The Bucket List, As Good As It Gets, Something's Gotta Give, Anger Management, The Pledge, About Schmidt, Wolf...I mean, the guy is a fucking stinker.  Back in the day, when he was doing stuff like Eugene in Reds or Chinatown, he was pretty decent, but still nothing amazing.

As for best acting in a horror film ever - FUCK     NO    SIR!!!   The Shining is NOT a horror film.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Gizmo

Jakob, In all honesty, I am appalled that you think The Shining is a bad film. That perfect performance in The Shining is enough to warrant him as one of the all time greats. Seriously, how the hell did you come to that conclusion!

EDIT: The Shining is a horror film.

Proof: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a134119/exorcist-tops-best-horror-film-poll.html?imdb It clearly mentions The Shing came close second in top horror films of all time.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By DualReaver

Nicholson just annoys the living fuck out me, not sure why though.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By jakob187
Gizmo said:
"Jakob, In all honesty, I am appalled that you think The Shining is a bad film. That perfect performance in The Shining is enough to warrant him as one of the all time greats. Seriously, how the hell did you come to that conclusion!"
Simple answer:  I've read the book.  If you've read the book, then you more than likely find it appalling how Kubrick and Nicholson fucked up something as amazing as that book.  Everyone that I've met that read the book thought the movie was utter bullshit, a tragedy to try and sit through it, and worth about as much as the toilet paper I wipe my ass with.  Steven Weber's performance of Jack > Jack Nicholson's performance of Jack.  Meanwhile, everyone I've ever met that liked the movie....has never read the book.

And one performance does not mean someone should be considered an "all-time great".  Otherwise, Anthony Hopkins would be worth something.

Greatest actor to ever live = Robert De Niro.  He may have stinkers under his belt as well, but the man has FAR more worthwhile and amazing roles under his belt than any actor that can be named in this thread.

My proof = Raging Bull.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Gizmo

Dude, I know someone who thinks Scarlett Johannson is the greatest actor of all time, it's called an opinion. 

But she does have an INCREDIBLE ass.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By jakob187
Gizmo said:
"Jakob, In all honesty, I am appalled that you think The Shining is a bad film. That perfect performance in The Shining is enough to warrant him as one of the all time greats. Seriously, how the hell did you come to that conclusion!

EDIT: The Shining is a horror film.

Proof: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a134119/exorcist-tops-best-horror-film-poll.html?imdb It clearly mentions The Shing came close second in top horror films of all time.
"
The idea of what a "horror" movie is has been stained so much over the years.  The Shining is a terror movie at best, but mainly a suspense/thriller.
I mean, hell dood...THE GRUDGE is considered a horror movie, and that's false as FUCK!
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By jakob187
Gizmo said:
"Dude, I know someone who thinks Scarlett Johannson is the greatest actor of all time, it's called an opinion. 
But she does have NO ass."

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#131  Edited By Emilio
jakob187 said:
"BoG said:

Sowwy.
"
China Town, bruh.

Besides, every actor in existence gets shitted on because of the Last motha fucking Samurai that is Tom Cruise.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By jakob187
Emilio said:
"Besides, every actor in existence gets shitted on because of the Last motha fucking Samurai that is Tom Cruise."
-_-
*blink blink*

-_-

Oh fuck me runnin'...
Oh fuck me runnin'...

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#133  Edited By Emilio
jakob187 said:
"Emilio said:
"Besides, every actor in existence gets shitted on because of the Last motha fucking Samurai that is Tom Cruise."
-_-"
Dude, Tom Cruise is the fucking bomb! Last Samurai, War of the Worlds, Top Gun, the Outsiders... Tom Cruise is the greatest actor of the last 100 years.

And while I'm at it, Ben Affleck is also one of the greatest actors of all time. Phantoms, anybody?????
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By jakob187

I quite enjoyed Phantoms, but only because of the novelty of Jay and Silent Bob...that's about it.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#135  Edited By Black_Rose

Tom Cruise sucks, however his performance in The Last Samurai and Born the 4th of July was fantastic

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By DualReaver

MOTHERFUCKING COLLATERAL

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Black_Rose

Shitty movie

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By jakob187

Tom Cruise = shit.  Period.  End of discussion.  Next actor, plox.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By DualReaver

I JUST LIKE IT CUZ TOM CRUISE ACTUALLY TOOK THE TIME TO GET WAY INTO GUNS AND IS ACTUALLY REALLY GEWD AT IT SO GO HIM

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Black_Rose
jakob187 said:
"Tom Cruise = shit.  Period.  End of discussion.  Next actor, plox."
Eh...Sean Connery?

I like him :P
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By jakob187
Black_Rose said:
"jakob187 said:
Eh...Sean Connery?

I like him :P"
I'd do him.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Black_Rose

I'd do him too, maybe we can do him at the same time. From different angles of course

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By DualReaver
jakob187 said:
"Black_Rose said:
"jakob187 said:
Eh...Sean Connery?

I like him :P"
I'd do him."
D:
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By jakob187
Black_Rose said:
"I'd do him too, maybe we can do him at the same time."
NO U       lol
For real, though, Connery defined what Bond is supposed to be, and even in his later stuff like First Knight and Entrapment, I enjoyed him as well.  He knows how to play to his strengths.

Oh, and Highlander fucking rocks ass, so he gets double points for that shit.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By HandsomeDead

I really like Tom Cruise. I don't see where all the hate comes from besides the whole scientology thing.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Black_Rose

I liked Finding Forrester too and the movie that got him the oscar (don't remember the name right now)

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By DualReaver

I'd do Edward Norton and whoever plays Dr. House. I have weird man crushes on them.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By jakob187
HandsomeDead said:
"I really like Tom Cruise. I don't see where all the hate comes from besides the whole scientology thing."
Because most of the movies he has ever been in suck balls?
Top Gun, Risky Business, Cocktail, War of the Worlds, Mission Impossible 2...ugh...horrific films that are no good for anything but ignorant people.  I liked Last Samurai, but it DEFINITELY WAS NOT because of him.  It was actually because I dig Edward Zwick's movies.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By HandsomeDead
jakob187 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"I really like Tom Cruise. I don't see where all the hate comes from besides the whole scientology thing."
Because most of the movies he has ever been in suck balls?
Top Gun, Risky Business, Cocktail, War of the Worlds, Mission Impossible 2...ugh...horrific films that are no good for anything but ignorant people.  I liked Last Samurai, but it DEFINITELY WAS NOT because of him.  It was actually because I dig Edward Zwick's movies.
"
I enjoyed all of those movies as well as Rain Man and Collateral before the piss poor film ruining ending. Top Gun, especially, that was just a badass bit of fun.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By jakob187
HandsomeDead said:
"I enjoyed all of those movies as well as Rain Man and Collateral before the piss poor film ruining ending. Top Gun, especially, that was just a badass bit of fun."
From the dood with a Pete Wentz avatar...
Anyways, moving onward - my balls need caressing...

...so I'm gonna go stalk Anne Hathaway.