This thread is going to have spoilers for whatever the latest episode is.
I know there's a thread on here about if the show is boring or not, but I'd like to talk about this current season and discuss what's going on. I didn't like the first two episodes of this season, but tonight's episode in Shogun World and last week's episode were very good. I was about to wait until the season was over and then marathon it since I wasn't feeling the earlier episodes, but a friend said things were getting better. I've been thinking since last season that Maeve might end up being the hero and Dolores the villain, or at least a villain, since they're somewhat opposites.
Dolores is controlling and killing her kind just like humans would, while Maeve actually has the power to control hosts but only does so when in danger, plus she appreciates all life (human & host) as well as freewill. If Dolores had that power no host in the park would have freewill and she'd use them like pawns in her army. I don't see how Dolores is going to be likable again after what she did to Teddy. The last two episodes have been great, I hope they keep the momentum going. It eventually building up to Maeve vs Dolores wouldn't surprise to me... they'd both probably love to kill William/MiB.
A few other thoughts:
- The way bullets work makes no sense to me. So bullets used to only sting humans and kill hosts - now they'll kill either. I just don't see how that's feasible.
- The "battle" scene at the fort looked awful and seemed unrealistic. A bunch of guys with P90s just walk a straight line to a fort where they have rifles and cannons. Seems like they would've led the way with their cars and have things like drones that shoot missiles since this is the future and we have stuff like that now.
- The shogun's men cut off their ears so they couldn't hear, but when the shogun would say something like "come here" they'd do it.
- Bernard being so confused and pathetic got old a while ago. He was my favorite character in season one, now I don't even want to see him. Hopefully he gets his stuff together soon - feels like they're wasting their best character and actor.
- The idea of visiting a reenactment of colonial India seems appealing to me as visiting the American south during slavery or apartheid in South Africa. I see the appeal in Westworld and Shogun World but the Indian one would just be weird and awkward to me. They probably wouldn't do a dinosaur world because that's copying Jurassic Park, but that would make a lot of sense if the tech was real.