What Are The Worst Animes You've Ever Seen.

• 125 results
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By falserelic

@FancySoapsMan said:

Boku No Pico. although I guess in some circles it might be considered the best anime

Lord no that was the hentai I was forced to watch after losing the bet. My friends are a bunch of assholes for that shit. They thought hey lets give me something that would be disturbing so I could never forget. All because I talked shit about the final fantasy series, and I didn't beat Final Fantasy 7. Now I can never forget that ice cream scene with those 2 dudes in a car. Thinking about that anime is bringing back bad disturbing memories.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#102  Edited By nightriff

Is the Persona 4 anime worth watching?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By falserelic

Just to let people know Boku no pico is a gay hentai. Stay far away from this show don't think about watching. If you seen the actual episodes you will never be the same again. Its traumatic no man should have to go through this because of losing a bet.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#104  Edited By TobbRobb

I do too much research before watching most things to see something I really hate... To pick something recent, I thought Dusk Maiden of Amnesia was kind of shit, but not horrible really.

I guess I would pick one of the big Shounen shows, because they aren't for me on so many levels, probably Naruto I guess. Considering the popularity there must be SOME appeal to them, but I can't fucking find it. Still read the Bleach manga because I hate myself.

@Nightriff: Yeah It's pretty damn good. Captures the game perfectly.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By nightriff

@TobbRobb: Do they have an english dub version yet? Or at least dub with the actors they used in the game?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By TobbRobb

@Nightriff: Nooooooooope. It's on the way though. I don't remember if they got Chie or not.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By nightriff

@TobbRobb: Alright I'll just wait then, gives me more time to get through the ER. Thanks for the info Duder. Now everyone go back to bashing anime which I know nothing about.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Jrad

@Shirogane: Yeah, you're right. I can't deny its existence forever. The VN is just so great, I don't think an anime adaptation could ever do it justice. Tsukihime is probably my favorite VN, so seeing it butchered was pretty much unbearable. On the contrary, fate/stay night and Unlimited Blade Works (the other major property set in the same universe) seem to be universally panned except by fans of the visual novel, so maybe Nasu's works are just cursed.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Bigheart711

The worst anime I recall seeing was "Green Green". It was nothing but bullshit mixed with fanservice and one or more of the characters pissed me off to the point that I lost it and punched my computer screen.

RWBladewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By RWBladewing

Infinite Stratos - No actual plot and a terrible main character who is so oblivious it utterly shatters any suspension of disbelief. And almost all the girls have tsundere tendencies if not a full-blown tsundere personality. Yuck.

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

Chrome-Shelled Regios - There are so many different plot threads going on and the anime completely fails to resolve almost all of them or explain how they're connected in any way. Many specific facepalm moments including:

• The final battle is against a random monster whose significance is never elaborated on.
  • The villain is defeated more easily after acquiring the super-powered upgrade that everyone spent half the series searching for. What.
  • A very significant amount of time is spent focusing on an antagonist who plays no role in the greater overall story.
  • Only a vague reference as to the relevance of those weird Engrish segments that appear in every episode.
  • Yet another oblivious main character who all the girls fawn over and doesn't understand why. No real development in any of his relationships, romantic and platonic alike.

By the end of the series basically nothing has even changed except the main character has slightly more confidence. The last couple scenes even show the characters doing exactly the same thing they were doing at the beginning. I've heard the novels are actually good, which I'd believe if they actually take the time to explain anything unlike the anime. The potential was there but they did a terrible job trying to realize it.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By mscupcakes

I won one of the Zone of the Enders anime on DVD at a convention a few years ago and it was just terrible. I don't know how they managed to make ZOE so boring.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#112  Edited By BBAlpert

@betterboulder said:

Chaos;Head

They made a show based on that? I played the game, and while the story worked (relatively) well in a visual novel format, I cannot see it working very well at all as a show.

RWBladewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By RWBladewing

@BBAlpert said:

@betterboulder said:

Chaos;Head

They made a show based on that? I played the game, and while the story worked (relatively) well in a visual novel format, I cannot see it working very well at all as a show.

Yes, and I can also second his statement that it is indeed terrible. 12 episodes was not nearly enough for the main plot let alone the character stories. Everything felt super rushed and there were many things that didn't make sense because they didn't have time to explain them. I seriously regret buying the boxed set of this.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By falserelic

@mscupcakes said:

I won one of the Zone of the Enders anime on DVD at a convention a few years ago and it was just terrible. I don't know how they managed to make ZOE so boring.

I went to an anime convention with my friends 2 years ago. It was in downtown Detroit it was a blast. It was long as shit waiting in line, and there was alot of strange people. But we all had alot of fun at the convention. We played video games, went to some stores that sells japanese items and food, We even watch some comedy English anime voice over dubs. Brings back good memories thinking about it.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By soldierg654342

I feel like I already said this but I say it again anyway; Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is utter shit. Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne, despite having an interesting premise, isn't very good either.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Slay3r1583

I must have shit taste in anime because I've enjoyed quite a few shows mentioned in this thread. As for me probably Popotan.

warchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#117  Edited By warchief

All of them? Well thats not fair cowboy bebop is awesome, but yeah the rest is shit.

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#118  Edited By betterboulder

@RWBladewing said:

@BBAlpert said:

@betterboulder said:

Chaos;Head

Yes, and I can also second his statement that it is indeed terrible. 12 episodes was not nearly enough for the main plot let alone the character stories. Everything felt super rushed and there were many things that didn't make sense because they didn't have time to explain them. I seriously regret buying the boxed set of this.

Took the words right out of my mouth. It's strange but another anime (Steins;Gate) based on a game from the same studio is actually pretty entertaining. It doesn't suffer from the same problems at least not to the same degree.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#119  Edited By shirogane

@Jrad: Yeah, Tsukihime is...probably my second favouite VN, used to be first, until i read the Muv-Luv series. That anime....i thought it was the worst thing ever, then i talked to my friend, and apparantly the only people that hate it are people like us who loved the VNs. I find that quite amusing.

Vinyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Vinyl

@Synaptic said:

@falserelic said:

@DocHaus said:

I dare all of you to watch "Master of Martial Hearts." All five parts of it. In one sitting.

After watching that I can't accept the challenge.

oh god... i couldn't make it through. that was the most awkard fanservice i have ever seen

so hilarious. wow

Dear god what did I just watch o_o

Simulacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Simulacrum

School days.

I have a pretty strong distaste for ecchi.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#122  Edited By renmckormack

@FluxWaveZ said:

This kinda belongs in the anime thread, no? Regardless, mine's FLCL, though I do intend on going back to it one day and see if I think any differently of it.

I didn't like it because I found it to be absolutely incomprehensible, with no likable characters (except for maybe big-eyebrows-guy) and a horrid English dub.

This has made me feel very sad. I thought that show was awesome/nutz. Had great unique art and storytelling style. As for me I didn't like Desert Punk. Just my opinion.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Jay444111

@falserelic: ...wait... did he just... do that... to his brother or something!?

I... need to sit down for a second... if I was an animator... even if I was starving to the point of eating my own body parts. There is no way in this earth or any other I would ever animate that show... WTF! I have not seen anything else other than what else I have heard elsewhere... I wish I never heard of them.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By falserelic

@Jay444111 said:

@falserelic: ...wait... did he just... do that... to his brother or something!?

I... need to sit down for a second... if I was an animator... even if I was starving to the point of eating my own body parts. There is no way in this earth or any other I would ever animate that show... WTF! I have not seen anything else other than what else I have heard elsewhere... I wish I never heard of them.

If your referring to Boku no pico. That was a lonely guy he met at the bar. In the end its something you don't want to know.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#125  Edited By Siphillis

@ShiftyMagician: K-ON! would be my second choice. It's not especially bad, per se - it actually has its moments over Lucky Star and whatnot - but it's pretty indicative of the "moe-fication" of anime. It's just kinda...lazy.