What Are The Worst Animes You've Ever Seen.

• 125 results
Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Out of the ones I've seen I'd have to say Duel Masters, an anime back in 2004 based of cards. It was god awful and hardly took itself serious even for a morning cartoon show.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By _Zombie_

@SuperWristBands said:

@TaliciaDragonsong: Don't forget about the robot lesbian!

Robots can have sexual urges in the first place? The fuck?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By Hunter5024

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Hunter5024: I dunno, I'm one of the weird ones that preferred the first series. Could never really figure out why, but Shippuden was just.. off for me.

But c'mon, is it really the worst anime you've ever seen? There's a fix for that.

Avatar image for deactivated-637c9f11743a7
deactivated-637c9f11743a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KIss x Sis

Why... WHY?!

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By SuperWristBands

@zombiebigfoot said:

@SuperWristBands said:

They can in anime! Isn't that what anime is all about? Sexy robot ladies?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By falserelic

@zombiebigfoot said:

@SuperWristBands said:

If its a hentai yes they can. In the most nastiest disgusting way possible. It can get real nasty.....

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By _Zombie_

@Hunter5024: My anime viewing is limited, to say the least. And no.. I don't think I'm feeling very masochistic today.

@falserelic: Believe me, I know.

@SuperWristBands: I thought it was all about overexaggerated tits and underaged girls in swimsuits?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Shadow

Kaiji has a really interesting lead up to absolutely no payoff

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SuperWristBands

@zombiebigfoot: You are probably right. Though I think it might extend even further. I think anime is about everything that is in this game.

It's got robots with over exaggerated breasts and underaged girls in swimsuits and nuns and a bunch of other fun stuff!

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By _Zombie_

@SuperWristBands: I dunno if I should feel impressed or creeped out that they fit all that into one game.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By falserelic

@SuperWristBands said:

@zombiebigfoot: You are probably right. Though I think it might extend even further. I think anime is about everything that is in this game.

It's got robots with over exaggerated breasts and underaged girls in swimsuits and nuns and a bunch of other fun stuff!

O god Arcana Hearts. My friend spent my money on psn buying that game I was so pissed. I played the game and it wasn't for me. I beat the story with that happy girl that throws out hearts and loves justice. Thinking about that game is giving me a headache.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

All but the ones I like...

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By blindisaac

@Cold_Wolven said:

Out of the ones I've seen I'd have to say Duel Masters, an anime back in 2004 based of cards. It was god awful and hardly took itself serious even for a morning cartoon show.

They did a parody dub like what funimation did with Shin Chan.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By falserelic

I wonder if anyone ever seen this anime. That line he said was classic...

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SuperWristBands
@falserelic: HO-LY SHIT!

I don't know which is worse. The "Go before I throw you on the ground and rape you!" or the line shortly after of "I sure get tired of being the good guy...", said in a way like he is genuine about it. Fuck.
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By falserelic

@SuperWristBands said:

@falserelic: HO-LY SHIT! I don't know which is worse. The "Go before I throw you on the ground and rape you!" or the line shortly after of "I sure get tired of being the good guy...", said in a way like he is genuine about it. Fuck.

He's tired of being the good guy because deep down he's a rapist.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By falserelic

It was kinda funny how happy that girl got, when he said he was about to rape her.

binhoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By binhoker

All that ghibli crap...no tits or exploding heads. What the fuck?

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By Zelyre

*.*

Naw. But the anime that does piss me off? Stuff with super awesome box art that doesn't reflect the feeling of the show. Say, Trinity Blood. The first time I saw that on shelves, I thought to myself, "Holy shit, this looks like Castlevania and Vampire Hunter D." Then I brought that home. WTF, holy shit balls, this is like Trigun, but worse. Coffee instead of donuts? Power levels? I don't think I made it through the first episode before I just walked away.

zollington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By zollington

@Zelyre: Wait, what's wrong with Trigun?

Also, the worst anime I can think of off the top of my head is Gantz. Started out really interesting, but the ending was just garbage in my opinion.

Avatar image for chaoskiller2000
Chaoskiller2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#71  Edited By Chaoskiller2000

I have two picks, Final Fantasy Unlimited was pretty bad and Ghost Slayers Ayashi was too poor paced.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Zelyre

@Zollington said:

It falls into the cutsey anime trope that I don't enjoy. I don't like characters that are bad ass because they're lucky. I don't like what I call "pancake face". Cutsey side kick characters grind my gears. Japanese humor just doesn't click with me.

Unfortunately, everytime I pick up a random anime thinking I'm getting something I'll enjoy, it falls into one of, or all of, the above ticks.

The last anime I really enjoyed and recommended to others was Black Lagoon. It tickled me just right. I had a love/hate relationship with Claymore, although I enjoyed it in the end.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By falserelic

@Zollington said:

Also, the worst anime I can think of off the top of my head is Gantz. Started out really interesting, but the ending was just garbage in my opinion.

I hated the ending to gantz too. Then when I saw the manga it made it even worse.

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MikeHawk

Girls Bravo.There was a kid in my dorm last year that we almost caught masturbating to it. He claimed that he watched it "for the story," so we decided that we better watch an episode of it. I couldn't really make much sense of the plot, but it's about a boy who is afraid of girls that gets sent to a world where almost everybody is female. The whole episode was pretty much just tying awkward "sexy" situations and lesbian kissing together for 20 minutes. We're pretty sure that kid liked the show strictly for the plot...

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#75  Edited By Lazyaza

I've seen a couple of the bad anime Bennet the Sage has reviewed over on Guy with the Glasses, like Devil Hunter Yoko, Mad Bull etc. I consider those the "bar" of ultimate horrible anime. You can compare them to the modern pieces of crap that is the ever popular fan-service and nothing else anime genre and somehow even they manage to at least have that going for them, which is kind of horrifying to realize. If anyone hasn't checked out his reviews, regardless of if your in to anime or not they're pretty damn great.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By casper_

i really love a couple anime series but i find the stereotypical tropes associated with a lot of anime are fucking insufferable and completely vapid.

i've seen a bunch of shows where i thought the premise was really promising and/or unique only to be severely disappointed when the show starts to move in a totally predictable middle of the road anime direction. so any one of those i guess.

also i feel like a lot of anime deals with sex in ways i cant accept.

being an american maybe all my complaints are based on a cultural misunderstanding but i doubt i'll over get over that.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#77  Edited By Hailinel

Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals was terrible. Ostensibly, from what I understand it's supposed to be a sequel to Final Fantasy V set hundreds of years in the future, and so none of the characters from the game actually make an appearance. The story is also incredibly dumb and the art isn't particularly good, either.

zollington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By zollington

@Zelyre: Hmmm... Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, it definitely does have more than a few instances of that kind of thing happening; but overall I would say that Trigun doesn't completely rely on the "wacky anime" shtick, and has plenty of other more memorable moments that don't involve what is now a cliche in anime. In all honesty, I would probably compare it to the way that FMA: Brotherhood handles itself. It has those wacky anime parts, but also has plenty of other more serious moments that are what I personally enjoy much more, and feel like are what makes the anime worth watching.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#79  Edited By DocHaus

I dare all of you to watch "Master of Martial Hearts." All five parts of it. In one sitting.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By falserelic

@DocHaus said:

I dare all of you to watch "Master of Martial Hearts." All five parts of it. In one sitting.

After watching that I can't accept the challenge.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By DocHaus

@falserelic:

The funniest thing is how you're watching the first four parts and you think that the show is just plain bad with no interesting or redeeming qualities, then the fifth part happens and they find a way to make it even worse in a totally unexpected manner. It even broke JesuOtaku's brain when she tried that challenge.

Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Synaptic

@falserelic said:

@DocHaus said:

After watching that I can't accept the challenge.

oh god... i couldn't make it through. that was the most awkard fanservice i have ever seen

so hilarious. wow

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jay444111

@MikeHawk said:

Girls Bravo.There was a kid in my dorm last year that we almost caught masturbating to it. He claimed that he watched it "for the story," so we decided that we better watch an episode of it. I couldn't really make much sense of the plot, but it's about a boy who is afraid of girls that gets sent to a world where almost everybody is female. The whole episode was pretty much just tying awkward "sexy" situations and lesbian kissing together for 20 minutes. We're pretty sure that kid liked the show strictly for the plot...

Is there any Gif of Stan from American Dad smashing his face into a wall? Because that is needed here.

But I have one that is FAR worse.

DearS

Seriously, I don't want people to watch this one because of how shit it is! Let it be known that even all the facepalms in the world combined would only count 1/10 of what I did with this show... it is just fucking terrible!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#84  Edited By Justin258

@BestUsernameEver said:

All of them except for Yu yu, Outlaw star and cowboy bebop.

Yu Yu? As in, Yu Yu Hakusho? If so, good man!

For me, I don't think that Ergo Proxy, Elfen Lied, or the little bit I saw of Death Note was any good. Ergo Proxy was a self-important load of philosophical rambling, which is fine when the plot actually feels like it's doing something other than trying to stick its dick in your ear. Elfen Lied also had a really good idea and an awesome opening, which was immediately destroyed when the main character became... well, look at the Wiki. I finished it - somehow - but I won't ever watch anything like it again. It was supposed to be this oh-so-great story about some really dark and grim happenings, and instead... well, again, look at the Wiki, it was fucking bad.

What I saw of Death Note was simply boring.

And, finally, I didn't like Trigun much at all. I guess I can see why someone would like it but he spent too much time moping about and not trying to kill the motherfuckers that were destroying entire cities when he was pretty much the only one capable of doing so. And then he finally did kill someone and cried about it for one whole episode, then went to kick his brother's ass in a rather awesome fight. Oh, and they killed Wolfwood.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#85  Edited By Siphillis

"Panty & Stocking with Garderbelt" is offensive, gross, and all-in-all a miserable attempt at parodying American cartoons. Great soundtrack, though.

Edit: Happy 1000th post, me!

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@believer258: Yes, Yu Yu Hakusho, I didn't want to misspell Hakusho, and didnt want to look it up, so boom, yu yu.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#87  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Boku No Pico. 

although I guess in some circles it might be considered the best anime

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#88  Edited By myniceicelife

Gantz would be the one that sticks out to me being the worst I've watched. I was annoyed by the entire show, but yet I watched it since I paid for it. Waste of money.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By chrissedoff

It's a tie between all of them.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Stete

Sword for Truth, goddamn was that horrible. Angel Cop is awful as well but I would definitely put that in the "so bad that it's good" category. And of course there is Berserk, which is definitely not bad, but its quite shocking how cheap and rushed it looks when the manga's artwork is second to none.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#91  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Naruto.

polydeukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By polydeukes

Honey and Clover.

Weird pedophilia thing going on in that series.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#93  Edited By shiftymagician

@Siphillis said:

"Panty & Stocking with Garderbelt" is offensive, gross, and all-in-all a miserable attempt at parodying American cartoons. Great soundtrack, though.

Man I love that show, but I respect your opinion as that show can be divisive as hell. Also yes the soundtrack is awesome.

For me I guess a show that I wouldn't call the worst but the one I disagree with the most is K-On! Yes I know slice-of-life anime is popular over there and I see no surprise that this got popular due to the high levels of what is called the "MOE", but holy hell nothing of any real importance happens in the show throughout both seasons. I'm fine with a bunch of characters with a bubbly attitude so long as they go through some sort of actual journey or face obstacles to solve and strengthen themselves.

I want the Moe anime gone and my Cyberpunk anime back GRRRR!!! That being said there's still some decent anime being shown this season, though I would be fair in saying there isn't many anime these days that I could be able to show to let's say my family and friends without raised eyebrows. That's the position anime is in these days and I hope it changes a bit in the future.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#94  Edited By Addfwyn

Some really good stuff out there, though it's been a bit lackluster lately. Most stuff that comes out, the manga is better anyway. Plus it's a lot faster to consume manga than anime, I just don't have the time for anime anymore. (yet I can consume the same amount of content in manga in 1/5 the time).

I typically am not a huge fan of the big name shounen battle manga, it just all tends to be...very similar to each other. It's not BAD, but you only have to see one of them to have seen them all.

I guess the single worst anime i actually watched to completion was Sekirei. Animation wasn't bad, and there was nothing that was a huge travesty plotwise, it was just super generic. I'm not sure why I actually finished it, besides always being a completionist.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ervonymous

The Qwaser of Stigmata. Breast milk as a plot device and a bestiality DVD/BD extra, but (worst of all) it was boring.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#96  Edited By Morrow

Everything hentai. Ok, I've never really seen a hentai movie, but I know it's nasty.

Otherwise I can't name any, I'm extremely picky when it comes to what anime to watch, and so far I've never been disappointed.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#97  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Pokemon.

I was a huge fan back in the day, but going back to watch a couple of episodes now.. and it's kind of hard to ignore the faults. It's a shockingly bad show. The stories are ridiculous, the writing is poor, the characters have virtually no personality (aside from the bad guys) let alone any character development and they hit the reset button every season. Ash goes back to being a beginner trainer with no Pokemon and he gets two new copy and pasted companions.

I wish more of the series followed the structure of the first episode, which felt a lot like the games. It felt like an adventure, rather than "our heroes arrived at a new town, here's some new annoyingly stupid, two-dimensional character to meet for 20 minutes!"

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By DocHaus

@Siphillis said:

No Caption Provided
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By falserelic

@DocHaus said:

@falserelic:

The funniest thing is how you're watching the first four parts and you think that the show is just plain bad with no interesting or redeeming qualities, then the fifth part happens and they find a way to make it even worse in a totally unexpected manner. It even broke JesuOtaku's brain when she tried that challenge.

Its strange how all the fights the girls gets there clothes ripped up.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#100  Edited By shirogane

@Jrad said:

If there were a Tsukihime anime, I'm sure it'd be the worst I'd ever watched. Umineko is in a similar position.

As for extant anime that I've seen and thought were terrible:

Aki Sora. I watched the first episode because it had Ueda Kana (<3) and I figured it couldn't be that bad. I was wrong. So very, very wrong. In the second episode, Ueda Kana was replaced by some hentai VA, (despite the character not changing at all), which probably tells you all you need to know about the series.

Hyakka Ryouran, Popotan, 11eyes, Sora no Otoshimono, Chaos;Head, Astarotte no Omocha!, Maburaho, the list goes on...

There is a Tsukihime anime, generally, it seems fans of the VN think it's horrible but everybody else thought it was ok.