What is THE most epic moment of your entire life?

• 59 results
foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By foggel

At work today I started pondering, and the train of thought lead me to a memory that must be one of the most epic moments I have ever experienced. After coming home from a festival last summer I was lying on my sofa for whatever reason. I had friends over so I could not be resting... so anyway one of my friends from across the room says "open your mouth". He had a grape in his hand. I opened my mouth and he threw the grape. THE NEXT MOMENT I FEEL IT LANDING IN MY MOUTH WITHOUT TOUCHING THE TEETH.

Extreme amounts of screaming, laughing and clapping followed.

Holy shit that was great. The moment after he says "let's try that again" but I bluntly refused... I explained that it would only ruin the moment... in knowledge that in reality it was not skill that resulted in him hitting bullseye, but the purest luck mankind can experience. If you could extract that luck into crystal form it would be 500 carats be clear as fuck. It would be worth millions. So spiritually I'm a millionaire. Envy me.

So how about you?

Oh, and inb4 that's what she said.... seriously guys.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

My birth was quite epic
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By nintendoeats

To be honest, I'm seriously hoping that some more epic things happen to me than what has already transpired.

I once played a Nick Drake song really well on local TV. That was pretty good I guess.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By foggel
@Hizang:  Did you have to go through a series of gauntlets that involved moral choices and dragon slaying? If not mine was better.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5  Edited By Hizang
@foggel:
As a matter I fact I did, plus I did it blindfolded
EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By EuanDewar

Me and some friends managing to convince our high school's choir and orchestra to join us on a version of Gimme Shelter by the Rolling Stones. Being part of 40+ people playing that song like a fucking mountainslide of sonic mindfuck felt amazing.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By GeekDown

I am so fucking sick of the word epic.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By JoeyRavn

S-Rank Super Meat Boy, because I'm that sad of an individual. My life is as boring as it gets.

RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RockAction
@EuanDewar said:
" Me and some friends managing to convince our high school's choir and orchestra to join us on a version of Gimme Shelter by the Rolling Stones. Being part of 40+ people playing that song like a fucking mountainslide of sonic mindfuck felt amazing. "
That does sound amazing, you'd need that many people to do it justice, the song is probably the best example of 'epic' (and yes, i agree GeekDown, its an over used word)

Your avatar @EuanDewar reminds me of a pretty epic or special moment, when i went to see the Kills in this tiny club, during Cheap & Cheerful, metres away from me, Alison Mosshart was staring into my eyes as we both sang the chorus, that was pretty great; which also reminds me of another time when i saw the Stooges and when they finished a song and iggy was walking across the stage and trying to keep the audience going, i just stuck up my hand and so did he and looked at me and said hey, then everyone around me did the same, that was fucking cool too

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

I wouldn't say epic, but yesterday I felt the real life equivalent of scoring 1000 G in minutes.

I was at my best friend's party and we put on Nothing Else Matters, and we all started slow dancing. The girl I'm in love with was alone, so I invited her to be my partner. Right where the kickass solo kicks in near the end she rests her head on my shoulder and hugs me tighter. Felt pretty epic.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By foggel
@GeekDown said:

" I am so fucking sick of the word epic. "

someone's having a premature case of the mondays.
EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EuanDewar
@RockAction:
I met alison once and got a hug but I've yet to see them live, need to get on that right away.
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sooty

First time I went on The Hulk rollercoaster at Universal's Islands of Adventure was pretty fucking epic.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mesklinite

5 scout kills in about 7-8 seconds in CS 1.6

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By John1912
@Hizang said:
" My birth was quite epic "
Nice.....Lol.....
oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oatz

Well, uh... I saved some chicks life, I sailed by myself to Barthelona, I deadlifted 495 lbs and I played some pranks in high school involving the school flagpole which had hilarious consequences. These are my feats of strength, I can't really pin down one epic moment. 

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By ThePickle

I once chucked a basketball across the gym and made it in. I suck at basketball, so this was extra awesome. 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King
RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RockAction
@EuanDewar said:
" @RockAction: I met alison once and got a hug but I've yet to see them live, need to get on that right away. "

I'd love to meet them; you need to see them live, first time i saw them they were supporting Stooges and it was great, open air gig, then the time, was like i said in a small club, they were headlining, and the sound was deafening, you could feel the drum and bass in your chest, something about drum machines makes a gig louder, Suicide was probably the loudest gig i'd been too, huge sound, but kills are amazing live

that brings up another one, seeing Suicide, NEVER thought i'd see that, especially since they were supporting the stooges playing raw power, that was an epic gig
Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clicking in this thread

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GunnBjorn

They say death is pretty epic (especially the physical and mental agony you suffer before death ensues), although I'd rather delay it for a while longer.
unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By unchained
  • I've been on the front page of the news paper and was the headline for local tv and radio news for two days for running into a burning house and pulling two people out. I've also received a medal for it.
  • I can currently bench press 425lbs (I weigh 200lbs)
  • Diving into a freezing lake to save a puppy who was trapped on some floating ice.
  • Getting into a vehicle collision in my car vs. semi on the highway and walking away without a scratch.
foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By foggel
@drag said:
" clicking in this thread "
Oooo, I'm flattered!
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By crusader8463

Every day that I can manage to get out of bed and continue on with my life is a monumental achievement in my books.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By habster3

Front-grinding two hot girls at once during of my school dances was pretty cool.

Skipping 8th grade without any testing or anything was pretty awesome, as well (This was a transition between two college-prep schools.)

Yeah, I don't really have a cool life :/

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Animasta

Nothing right now, really. Maybe in the future when I can finally start Spironoactlone, but that's at least a few months off :(

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By InternetCrab

I won a cup with my football team in middleschool. Pretty darn awesome.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By Jeust

I once stand against six thugs stronger than me... and it did went well. ^^

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Ygg said:

" First time I went on The Hulk rollercoaster at Universal's Islands of Adventure was pretty fucking epic. "

I know exactly what you fucking mean.

Mine is probably an old fight story.

About 3/4 years ago I was walking from one Union to the other (University clubs) on a night out. On the walk (while totally inebriated) a group of lads shouted emo from a small close and then emerged (I have no idea why, I'm not emo in the slightest). They stood in a semi-circle type formation and we started throwing out a back-and-forth, then I remember thinking up a plan of attack. I swung at the boy on my farthest left then intended on landing a series of precise, killer kung-fu moves. 

In reality, I sank the first lad, then proceeded to get punched and kicked for the next couple minutes breaking a rib. My friend ran away and a girl I know stopped them. 

In some sort of unspoken honour code, I stupidly refused to tell security who did it, got bought a couple of drinks and had a burger on the way home - all the while totally covered in blood.
dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By dichemstys

...sex?

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pinworm45
@GeekDown said:
3 more years minimum.
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mighty
@foggel said:
"open your mouth"
If my friend said this to me... well... the last thing I would do would be open my mouth.
Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dingofighter

You know, that time when I died protecting earth from invading aliens was pretty epic, but other than that I can't really think of anything extraordinarily epic...

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By uniform

I guess when my Gnome Warrior won "Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood" back in the BWL days.

TehFedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By TehFedro

Epic thing for me is back in my elementary days, it was the final game of gym floor-hockey thing we did every year. I got the first and only goal, and my own first goal in floor hockey (yeah I'm sports impaired) and we won. Everybody was totally happy (well not the other team) and I made the goalie who I didn't like anyways cry. Probably because the dude knew I was terrible at every sport I played and I crushed his ego like crazy. Hell yeah.

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DAFTPUNK

bicycle kicked a basketball on the one side and swished it on the other net, don't even ask how I did it.
my eyes were closed too, the fall wasn't pleasant 

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By foggel
@Empirepaintball said:
" @foggel said:
"open your mouth"
If my friend said this to me... well... the last thing I would do would be open my mouth. "
Me and my friends have a way of putting things into eachother's mouths.
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh, another one:
Playing indoor 5 a - side for the school football team; our first match was drawing to a close and it had been pretty dreadful so when the ball landed at my feet I just punted it. Totally scored. Don't think we even won the mini-tournament, but it was still pretty sick. Bunch of kids going crazy.

Similarly, during a corner at another football game I stood at the back post and absent-mindedly got hit in the face with the ball; scoring in the process. I still claim to this day that it was deliberate - I lie.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Animasta
@Pinworm45 said:
" @GeekDown said:
3 more years minimum. "
At this point I think that epic is going to stay around for a while... As annoying as that may be.
Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Chojin

The birth of my son. Sharing my passion of video games with him and to see him loving it. To hear him explain StarCraft 2 (his favorite game) to me with the same excitement and joy as I have for the games I love. To be able to genuinely share an interest and enjoy it equally even though he`s six and I`m 30+. That feels pretty epic to me, every day. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42  Edited By KaosAngel

I got an ex really drunk, and ended up boning her and her mom, and one of her friends during a really awesome night.  Best sex I ever had.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Deusx
@Chojin said:
" The birth of my son. Sharing my passion of video games with him and to see him loving it. To hear him explain StarCraft 2 (his favorite game) to me with the same excitement and joy as I have for the games I love. To be able to genuinely share an interest and enjoy it equally even though he`s six and I`m 30+. That feels pretty epic to me, every day.  "
Dude that is Epic. Congrats. 

The only thing I can say was epic was when my best friend and I went on vacation with my family. The sun was going down and it was a beautifull afternoon. I confessed how I felt about here right there. She is now the love of my life. oh yeah, also the time I finnished reading "The Last Question" by Isaac Asimov :D
Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Toxin066

The day I slew Grendel and saved my village was pretty epic.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45  Edited By JasonR86

I took a really, really, really great shit this morning that was hella epic.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RE_Player1

First time I had sex. Not only was it great but on my way home I found $5. Gotta say that was an epic day for me but I expect much better days in the future, like the day MK comes out :P

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By foggel
@RE_Player92 said:
" First time I had sex. Not only was it great but on my way home I found $5. Gotta say that was an epic day for me but I expect much better days in the future, like the day MK comes out :P "
More like the only time you had sex.

Nailed it!
bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By bravetoaster
@Chojin said:
" The birth of my son. Sharing my passion of video games with him and to see him loving it. To hear him explain StarCraft 2 (his favorite game) to me with the same excitement and joy as I have for the games I love. To be able to genuinely share an interest and enjoy it equally even though he`s six and I`m 30+. That feels pretty epic to me, every day.  "
I don;t know anything about StarCraft, but that's pretty cool.
Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By James_ex_machina

About 20 years ago when I saw the South Central PA band Easy MIckey. My musical taste changed overnight. 

A few years ago that band did some reunion shows and at those shows I met my current gf. 
So seeing a simple local band had 2 major impacts on my life.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RE_Player1
@foggel said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" First time I had sex. Not only was it great but on my way home I found $5. Gotta say that was an epic day for me but I expect much better days in the future, like the day MK comes out :P "
More like the only time you had sex.Nailed it! "
BOOM!!