What is your idea of heaven?

DarthTraitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What’s your idea of heaven? For those nonbelievers, this is a hypothetical question (obviously), so what would this idea consist of? I’ll start. For me, my idea of heaven would be complete solitude. No one but myself. I would explore nature, own a ranch with several horses, tinker with gadgets and expand my mind with no one to bother me. Honestly, if there are people in heaven and I have no choice but to be around them, then I don’t want to go. 😜

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Champagne wishes, thirty attractive females, five star dishes, and different exotic fishes.

Man, that shit would be, fucking ridiculous.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Honestly, I've always had a soft spot for Albert Brooks' Defending Your Life. Go live a gluttonous rom-com for six days with whatever manic pixie dream other you prefer while litigating key moments from your life and if you don't pass, just go back and live another human life, if you do, on to whatever weird thing is next which is apparently working as staff for afterlife theme parks except permanently as your prime self? Ah, fine!

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#4 sweep  Moderator

For me, my idea of heaven would be complete solitude.

There has literally never been a better time.

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Goboard
N O N - E X I S T E N C E
N O N - E X I S T E N C E

DarthTraitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweep: I think my idea might be a little more extreme than others. I’m talking ETERNAL solitude 😉 This might sound messed up but I have days where I honestly believe that if I could escape from my family and friends for as long as I wanted and never said a word to them, I would do it in a heart beat.

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By north6

Forced exposure to experiences I otherwise lack the courage or means for.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

The ability to at will have a conversation with anyone, living or dead. But I can make them disappear for that sweet, sweet, solitude you're talking about.

CyrusRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goboard: 100% yep immortality in any sense would turn into pure hell eventually. Give me peaceful oblivion thanks.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

No need to sleep.

I have a hard time going to sleep. No matter what I eat, what routine I follow at night, what I do during the day, or how limited my caffeine and sugar intake is, my sleep is very uneven. One night I'll sleep for a good 8 hours, the next I can follow the exact same routine, diet, and preparations for sleep and get only a few broken hours. My dream superpower is either no need to sleep or the ability to consistently, reliably, without fail go to sleep on time, every time, and only need at most 4 hours of the stuff. I suppose a heaven where I get that would be just the same. That and being able to eat whatever I want to, without having cook it, and with no ill health effects (i.e. fresh warm cookies and coffee without gaining weight). Just snap my fingers and bam, amazing meal, right there.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Something like a holodeck. An existence where I could dream up anything and have it be real instantaneously.

Barring that, living out in unspoiled nature with an abundance of supplies, company and entertainment.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Surprised at the amount of people that are putting solitude here as a feature. I guess this time has made me miss a lot of interactions I used to take for granted, and I am not in the majority...

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's like this but with no physical needs and no expectations of me, and if there are other people there is no prejudice or gossip or secrets.

DarthTraitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes: Most people suck. For the people who don’t suck, they can still be irritating. Solitude is where it’s at. Being able to be by yourself without anyone bothering you. It has to be heaven cause I sure wouldn’t expect it on earth.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheesy AF but if I could guarantee that the people I love and I could live a full and happy life together and die when we're ready that'd be plenty. Basically just a better version of the life I have would be my idea of heaven.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

no more game delays or dlc content.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

An endless black void absent of any and all stimuli

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games being good again

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To magically make the streets of LA be empty anytime I want so I can speed and drift to my hearts content.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't have heaven without some kind of strife to set it apart. Although empty streets in a big city is awesome. I sort of low-key like how New York looks at the moment.

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well when you accept Christ as Savior and Lord and repent of your sins, you are guaranteed in eternity in your heart.

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talking Heads sang "Heaven is a place where nothing happens" and who am I to argue with David Byrne?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

72 vir....I mean, where every child haS a decent home and guardian.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rasrimra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rasrimra

A paradise for everyone and all. A place where any needs had are met, including the needs we deem imperfect. Without unwanted consequence. Maybe there are no more needs in heaven. It's the perfect state of being, one that anyone would do anything for to achieve.

If you place all the things you desire in a line from what you desire a little to what you desire most and imagine the effort you would put in to obtain it, this would be bigger than all else in the world. A glimmer of hope of achieving this state, of realising what it entails, would absorb you. It would be your everything. The only thing stopping you right now is doubt that it's in reach. And a lack of understanding of what it would be like.

Whenever we talk about free will or our hopes and dreams, it's about getting a little closer to that state of being. Life is about moving there, in that direction. Much like seeds growing into trees, you are made to find a way there. In that sense, all that is life is ultimately on the same team with the same goal in mind.

The only thing in life we cannot have enough of, is betterment. And if life gets enough time and chances, I think life will find a way to be ever closer to a state of heaven. Which doesn't mean that heaven doesn't already exist. It very well could. Even scientifically speaking, if you believe in theories like many worlds theory or alternate dimensions in general.

mrcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you seen The Good Place? It would be like that, ie Ted Danson showing up at my house every day in a different suit and pocket square.

TheBadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being Jewish, I don't believe in heaven, but I like the concept of working to be as close to G-d as possible. I like to think of it as a really long waiting line.

Kingloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This doesn't answer your question directly. What I would want to be able to do in heaven is to be able to view all of both history and the future in total detail.

Be able to view any moment from all time like a film. What will happen in 1000 years time? 1 million years? What events from history that we think we know well were actually totally different, stuff like that.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Onemanarmyy
Loading Video...

I always imagine it would be a bit like this. Floating around, heavenly haze, heavenly noises. Not necessarily the most fun or enjoyable activity you could imagine, but just being in a carefree floaty place. No need for walks, no need for food, no need for material things. I don't think we'd be able to watch what's going on on earth though. There's too much bad stuff happening down there. It would distract us from this enjoyable place that we've done a ton of shit for to get towards.

Xaopling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A sleep in a big bed, waking up every once in a while so you can go: Hmmmmm :) and go back to sleep

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good food, some beer and nice conversation for all eternity. Also every video game ever released and a infinite supply of fireworks to fuck with. Thats the dream...

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

The knowledge that death is final. Anything I imagine, no matter how beautiful, becomes hell the instant its made eternal.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's an interesting theory that says the brain doesn't generate our consciousness, it's just a receiver for consciousness that's generated somewhere else. Maybe heaven is where consciousness is generated.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sombre

I can actually find enjoyment in ANYTHING again

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Am I an absolute child if the first thought I had was to respond with 'you're mom'?

The actual answer is a feeling more than a practical reality. The happiest I've been is when I'm content and satisfied with life and the moment just how it is. If I could have that for eternity that would be pretty great.