What's better: Cupcakes or Muffins?

• 59 results
MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Poll What's better: Cupcakes or Muffins? (322 votes)

Cupcakes 27%
Muffins 53%
I like both equally 15%
Get those sugar/gluten grenades out of my face! 4%
Results 1%

This came to mind after I ate a muffin for dessert last night, so I want to ask which is the superior thin paper wrapped baked good? Do you prefer cupcakes or muffins? Would you rather eat a small cake that's topped with frosting and other sweet ingredients like sprinkles or syrup, or an individual treat without the frosting but might include ingredients like blueberries or chocolate chips inside the baked batter?

• 
Emil97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No frosting for me thank you

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Well looks like Muffins have had a commanding lead for quite some time. Muffins I'm partial to are BJ's Wholesale Cranberry Orange Muffins. Those have a great balance of sweet and tart flavor.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Muffins by a healthy mile (though they're really not healthy; as a kid I always chose cupcakes cause I thought muffins were to cupcakes as raisins are to chocolate chip, which I'm glad to confirm is patently false).

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 splodge  Online

I've never heard of a cupcake man, and I have no idea what lane he would live on.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I voted cupcakes due to their size and moisture (I guess). I find most muffins too dry.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I voted cupcakes due to their size and moisture (I guess). I find most muffins too dry.

You're eating the wrong muffins then, there's some really good moisty muffins out there.

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Muffins can go fuck themselves.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whichever one instigates the diabetic coma quicker.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Muffins, it's not even a question. Cupcakes? Come on, what the fuck is a cupcake even, it's a bunch of frosted bullshit. Disgusting.
Also a good muffin should be moist enough, but if you're eating a dry ass muffin for some reason you have a glass of milk or soda or whatever to go with it.
My sister worked at a café when I was 13 or so that served these giant freshly baked muffins that I got to eat for free whenever I was there. I could only manage maybe one and a half before I was put in a coma.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Whitestripes09

Cupcakes are a cheap low-brow imitation of a muffin.

I remember in high school they used to serve these giant chocolate muffins that I would get once a week as a treat. They were so good that I used to eat half and take the other half home to finish with milk.