Who is more annoying? Tiny Tina or Deadpool?

• 91 results
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Poll Who is more annoying? Tiny Tina or Deadpool? (415 votes)

Tiny Tina 53%
DeadPool 47%

All credit where credit is due. @mattbodega posed this question on twitter and it seemed like the perfect question for a Giantbomb poll. This is a close one both are so fucking irritating that it makes my eyes want to bleed but in the end for me Tiny Tina is by far the more annoying one. Deadpool is at least voiced by Nolan North who's voice is way way less annoying than the performance that Ashley Birch gives as Tiny Tina. Discuss.

• 
gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By gaminghooligan

I really REALLY don't like Tiny Tina. Deadpool however wins, since I dislike him as a character both in and outside of videogames. I've tried reading a variety of comics with him, and I'll even admit that some of the stuff with him and Cable is pretty okay, but he just rubs me all the wrong ways.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Tina Tiny. Deadpool is actually funny every once in a while.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Both are horrible.

But Tiny Tina's mini Nicki Minaj schtick causes me far more pain.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Tiny Tina is an atrocious character that makes the rest of the atrocious characters in Borderlands 2 seem all right. The only reference I have for Deadpool is that crappy X-Men Origins movie and I didn't even know that was Deadpool. And he's far from the worst thing in that movie.

BlueWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate both of their video game incarnations, but in Hulk vs. Deadpool is actually funny.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I like both of them.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tiny Tina is just Ashly Burch: The character. An adaptation of her own unfunny writing, only in Borderlands 2 because of her brother's connections into Gearbox. That's the most astounding part of it all. That if Burch were related to anyone else, Tiny Tina wouldn't be in Borderlands.

Don't really see that as a problem considering the game is littered with constant references to pop culture, movies, other games that appear in characters, quests, dialogue and even areas of the game. The game would be a lot less interesting without these things.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By MysteriousBob

Deadpool was at least tolerable in MVC3.

Tiny Tina is one of the worst game characters in recent history and thats coming from someone who otherwise loves Borderlands 2.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#59  Edited By BBAlpert

@nonused said:

Which Deadpool?

I'm assuming the Deadpool that's in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, the new Deadpool game, and the upcoming Deadpool movie. In other words, the zany, 4th wall breaking, lol-random version as opposed to the earlier, more serious incarnation.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like Tina, and Deadpool is pretty cool in print form. But dear god. That quick look of the Deadpool game made me want to fucking die.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno, I kinda like Deadpool. It's just that the game seems pretty weak.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man there hasn't been a poll this dead even since the Orange Juice pulp vs no pulp debate.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool is trying SO HARD to be funny. It's terrible.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never thought I would go into a whose most annoying poll with Tiny Tina as an option and not pick her. But I did. Deadpool is a pretty crappy character with writing that is.... well shitty and unfunny, and that includes the comics. His whole schtick was entertaining for a few months when they first did it, not anymore. And unlike Tiny Tina I have been seeing his crap for years.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#66  Edited By MEATBALL

If we're talking about their videogame appearances, then I gotta go with Deadpool because I actually enjoy Tiny Tina.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I guess Tina? I'm assuming that Deadpool is only godawful when he's trying to be funny outside of comic books.

Depends on who's writing Deadpool. Unfortunately for the game, they brought in one of his worst writers from the comics.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went with Deadpool, mainly because I know Deadpool will be around forever and it will find ways to annoy me even if I don't actively seek out it's comics/movies/games whereas Tiny Tina i'll just forget about eventually.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tiny Tina is only seen in spurts. The whole fucking game is listening to Deadpool make jokes that are just cringe worthy.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Tiny Tina is only seen in spurts. The whole fucking game is listening to Deadpool make jokes that are just cringe worthy.

I guess I can see the point here, but if you buy a game called Deadpool, it's because you more than probably like the character and are fully aware of his personality and type of humor. Otherwise you wouldn't be buying the game, right? But in Borderlands 2 you are forced to deal with Tiny Tina to progress in the story, whether you like her or not.

And the same could be said for Tiny Tina's DLC, which, if what I've been hearing is right, it's as long (or even longer) than Deadpool's game...

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Monkeyman04

@madman356647 said:

Well I must be the only duder that doesn't find Tiny Tina annoying. Voting Deadpool just cuz of Wolverine: Origins.

I thought Tiny Tina was an alright character, so I guess there's two duders.

I didn't find her too annoying that would make me rage. Hell I would say that I'm enjoying her as the center focus of the new DLC. So I guess that's three duders.

GIyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is the first time I'v ever seen Tiny Tina, and I honestly cannot believe someone put that thing into a game and thought it was a good idea.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Sophie's Choice.

Whichever you choose, you lose.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as I have the most experience with Deadpool (looking at you Ultimate Alliance) I found him really annoying. His new game also has some of the crappiest jokes I have heard in a while.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Neither. Both are awesome.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tiny Tina is awesome, deadpool isn't.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@ahaisthisourchance said:

Anthony Burch's "writing".

Which consists largely of scouring know your meme.

I find it so weird how overblown the accusations Borderlands 2 gets over relying on meme humour. Pretty much all of that junk is relegated to Badass rank titles (which are easy to ignore) and the occasional character quip -- or at least Commando class quip; Maya and Salvador from my memory never spouted any sort of memetic dialogue.

Anywhoo I voted Tiny Tina, even though I don't dislike her quite as much as everyone else, she's just not very funny. The writing in that Deadpool game is complete and utter trash mind, but he's otherwise pretty funny in Hulk vs Wolverine and was alright in the X-Men Legends 2/Ultimate Alliance games.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Budwyzer

People who compare TT to Deadpool

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Tiny Tina is one of the best characters ever though so fuck this question.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By geirr

@sanious said:

@maniacalmech said:

Tiny Tina is just Ashly Burch: The character. An adaptation of her own unfunny writing, only in Borderlands 2 because of her brother's connections into Gearbox. That's the most astounding part of it all. That if Burch were related to anyone else, Tiny Tina wouldn't be in Borderlands.

Don't really see that as a problem considering the game is littered with constant references to pop culture, movies, other games that appear in characters, quests, dialogue and even areas of the game. The game would be a lot less interesting without these things.

Tiny Tina IS Borderlands 2, and she's AMAZING!

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This pull is neck and neck. This is awesome.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ViciousReiven

Neither, both are hilarious.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like fully half of you are wrong and do not properly appreciate the genius that is Tiny TIna.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Neither bother me that much.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're both alright. I'd much rather characters who try too hard to be funny than ones who are dead serious and lack charm. They're both pretty easy to avoid if you truly do "hate" them.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ash...err Tiny Tina is tolerable. Poorly written Deadpool? Not so much.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Deadpool was/can be funny.

Tina is a fucking atrocity of comedy.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By musubi

@yummylee: My problem with Borderlands 2 writing goes well beyond the "meme" stuff. Its one frustrating aspect to my overall problem. I just dont think that Borderlands 2 treats its audience with intelligence. To me comedy is dependant on two things. Timing and Delivery both of which I feel they botch. There is a scene early on after what I think is the first boss where you climb inside of a big cannon to blow open a gate that is impeding your progress. Claptrap stands in front of the gate wildly gesticulating and yelling at you to not shoot until he moves out of the way. REALLY STRESSING this point to ad nauseum so the player will get the hint to shoot so that wacky hijinks ensue!

They literally club you over the head with the joke repeatedly. Its not even just that another important piece of comedy is being clever and 9 times out of ten Borderlands 2 goes straight for the boner farts. Ill give the game this Handsome Jack had a few good bits and the Ninja Turtles reference was also pretty decent. It has its moments but for everything that was approaching me turning a corner with my opinion there were three more things that always left me saying NOPE!

Tiny Tina was the final straw for me. And I quit soon after her introduction. I guess im just not the target audience here cause I like my humor to be clever and subtle both things Borderlands 2 is not.

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both can be perfectly good characters if they were written better. I have seen Deadpool have better writers but he has also been around much longer. Also, whoever writes Tiny Tina I feel sometimes forgets she is 13 which comes off very creepy at times.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tina is awesome, I don't understand the hate. Maybe you guys are too old.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sometimes deadpool actually works, so Tina.

blueaniman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They're both funny. Still can't believe how much hate there is for these characters on this site.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#93  Edited By Mezmero

Why is this in Off Topic? Last I checked these were both video game characters or at least the video game incarnations of these characters. I say Tiny Tina because I have bias as a Deadpool comic fan.