• 58 results
ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

ok, right now, im at a loss for words. This person claims that she is not racist, yet she states

"nothing is more racist than trying to force everyone to pretend that we're all the same. I have harsh words for blacks and hispanics but they DO have good qualities, but they aren't the good qualities that whites have. Trying to get most blacks into college is idiotic and wastes space for those who have the capability to learn. Blacks are better at physical labor because that's what they needed to do in Africa. Whites are better at planning and thinking because they had to do so to survive harsh European winters. We do EVERYONE a disservice by lying about the abilities of certain races and how do you think it makes them feel? They aren't so stupid that they can't tell when they're being BSed. You think Affirmative Action isn't basically saying "Hey, you're too stupid to do it without a ton of extra help that whites don't get"? It's insulting and WAY more racist than merely pointing out actual verifiable facts about various races (I use blacks as the example because I'm not writing a novel here lol).

As "racist" as I am, I want everyone to have TRULY EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, not this idiotic AA crap. If you are smart enough to succeed, I honestly don't care what color you are. I hate to say this (it sounds so cliched but it's true) but I have non-white friends and they know about my "racism" and they either don't care or they actually agree with me for the most part. But they're not stupid gangbangers or cartel scumbags. I'm not saying that there aren't good people in every race because there are, just that ON AVERAGE, some races have more idiots and violent trash."

she/he also says:

"White people may have racial anger but we don't kill people over it like the blacks and hispanics do, so please explain to me why so many liberals like you think that whites are the worst people EVAR!1! while completely ignoring violent anti-white behavior. If you think that you will be spared because you're a "good, non-racist" white, you're a fool and deserve what's coming to you. The worst thing that happens under white rule is minorities getting their precious feelings hurt (we soothe that butthurt with billion$ of productive white people's tax dollars), why not check out "South African farm murders" to see how benevolent and harmonious it is under non-white rule..in the "Rainbow Nation" no less! S. Africa went from a 1st world country to a nightmarish Mad Max h#llhole in less than 20 years but we think it won't happen here?? Keep closing your eyes to this, downvote me all you want but it won't change what's coming and when it does happen remember that I warned you. Maybe you can say "B-but I defended you on the INTERNET!" and they'll leave you alone....HAHAHAHAAA!"

also:

"You never refute the actual science that proves that blacks and other minorities (except East Asians and Jews who are DEFINITELY not white) have lower IQ's than whites, you never talk about the DOJ crime statistics that show how violent and criminal they are (remember, the "white" statistics are over inflated because they consider Hispanics "white"), all you do is name call. What's idiotic is ignoring science that conclusively proves my comments right. I've always wondered how people who consider science to be their God never comment on it proving that we are all different and some of us are, in fact, inferior. If we are all exactly the same then why does sickle cell anemia ONLY affect blacks? I could go on and on but it never does any good. The brainwashing is too powerful, you are incapable of opening your eyes, reading the research and admitting that we are ALL different, and it's not always in a good way. So if you've never read any of these studies, and know nothing about anthropology, genetics or science in general, where do you get off calling other people ignorant?"

i pointed out to her/him that: While the research does state that some races has lower IQs than others, there are four contemporary classifications of position regarding study of differences in IQ based on race. one group says that this is because of some heritable differences in brain function and environment, another says that this is only because of environmental/social conditions, a third group says that these results are due to mistakes in the testing procedure, and a fourth group holds that either or both of the concepts of race and general intelligence are poorly constructed and therefore any comparisons between races are meaningless (i agree with the fourth one).

The American Psychological Association states: all peoples "possess equal biological ability to assimilate any human culture" and "racist political doctrines find no foundation in scientific knowledge concerning modern or past human populations."

Are there really people who believe things like this. for some reason, i feel like Hitler and this person would have been good friends (with the whole race superiority idea).

i feel like there is no point in arguing with this person, but you cant just sit down quietly (you have to sit down loudly!!!!!) when people are saying that they are superiour to you, your neighbors, and a large population of the american society. any ideas? also, is what this person is saying considered racist/bigoted?

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

ok, right now, im at a loss for words. This person claims that she is not racist, yet she states

"nothing is more racist than trying to force everyone to pretend that we're all the same. I have harsh words for blacks and hispanics but they DO have good qualities, but they aren't the good qualities that whites have. Trying to get most blacks into college is idiotic and wastes space for those who have the capability to learn. Blacks are better at physical labor because that's what they needed to do in Africa. Whites are better at planning and thinking because they had to do so to survive harsh European winters. We do EVERYONE a disservice by lying about the abilities of certain races and how do you think it makes them feel? They aren't so stupid that they can't tell when they're being BSed. You think Affirmative Action isn't basically saying "Hey, you're too stupid to do it without a ton of extra help that whites don't get"? It's insulting and WAY more racist than merely pointing out actual verifiable facts about various races (I use blacks as the example because I'm not writing a novel here lol).

As "racist" as I am, I want everyone to have TRULY EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, not this idiotic AA crap. If you are smart enough to succeed, I honestly don't care what color you are. I hate to say this (it sounds so cliched but it's true) but I have non-white friends and they know about my "racism" and they either don't care or they actually agree with me for the most part. But they're not stupid gangbangers or cartel scumbags. I'm not saying that there aren't good people in every race because there are, just that ON AVERAGE, some races have more idiots and violent trash."

she/he also says:

"White people may have racial anger but we don't kill people over it like the blacks and hispanics do, so please explain to me why so many liberals like you think that whites are the worst people EVAR!1! while completely ignoring violent anti-white behavior. If you think that you will be spared because you're a "good, non-racist" white, you're a fool and deserve what's coming to you. The worst thing that happens under white rule is minorities getting their precious feelings hurt (we soothe that butthurt with billion$ of productive white people's tax dollars), why not check out "South African farm murders" to see how benevolent and harmonious it is under non-white rule..in the "Rainbow Nation" no less! S. Africa went from a 1st world country to a nightmarish Mad Max h#llhole in less than 20 years but we think it won't happen here?? Keep closing your eyes to this, downvote me all you want but it won't change what's coming and when it does happen remember that I warned you. Maybe you can say "B-but I defended you on the INTERNET!" and they'll leave you alone....HAHAHAHAAA!"

also:

"You never refute the actual science that proves that blacks and other minorities (except East Asians and Jews who are DEFINITELY not white) have lower IQ's than whites, you never talk about the DOJ crime statistics that show how violent and criminal they are (remember, the "white" statistics are over inflated because they consider Hispanics "white"), all you do is name call. What's idiotic is ignoring science that conclusively proves my comments right. I've always wondered how people who consider science to be their God never comment on it proving that we are all different and some of us are, in fact, inferior. If we are all exactly the same then why does sickle cell anemia ONLY affect blacks? I could go on and on but it never does any good. The brainwashing is too powerful, you are incapable of opening your eyes, reading the research and admitting that we are ALL different, and it's not always in a good way. So if you've never read any of these studies, and know nothing about anthropology, genetics or science in general, where do you get off calling other people ignorant?"

i pointed out to her/him that: While the research does state that some races has lower IQs than others, there are four contemporary classifications of position regarding study of differences in IQ based on race. one group says that this is because of some heritable differences in brain function and environment, another says that this is only because of environmental/social conditions, a third group says that these results are due to mistakes in the testing procedure, and a fourth group holds that either or both of the concepts of race and general intelligence are poorly constructed and therefore any comparisons between races are meaningless (i agree with the fourth one).

The American Psychological Association states: all peoples "possess equal biological ability to assimilate any human culture" and "racist political doctrines find no foundation in scientific knowledge concerning modern or past human populations."

Are there really people who believe things like this. for some reason, i feel like Hitler and this person would have been good friends (with the whole race superiority idea).

i feel like there is no point in arguing with this person, but you cant just sit down quietly (you have to sit down loudly!!!!!) when people are saying that they are superiour to you, your neighbors, and a large population of the american society. any ideas? also, is what this person is saying considered racist/bigoted?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Well, here's the thing.

• Never go to Yahoo Answers.
  • Never scroll down when watching certain/most youtube videos.

And you'll be fine. The internet can really bring out the worst in people.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jay444111

Yahoo boards are filled with spambots and dumbasses that make dumbasses ashamed of themselves for being in the group of dumbasses... That is the truth here. Also racism means nothing anymore. Only the dumbasses that make it a problem are the ones who lose 100% anymore and if they try and fight, as soon as any news source catches win the non-racists win and for GOOD reasons. Because we do no tolerate hatred bred by stupidity no longer. If you have to hate someone. Hate them for who they are instead of meaningless reasons like skin color or jobs they do. I hate a few people because they are assholes, not because of skin color!

That is my way of thinking anyway.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jay444111

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Well, here's the thing.

You know... the only safe Youtube videos are actually video game music ones... like, everyone is there for a reason and if there is ever a arguement it is usually over how awesome the game is compared to others so it really isn't that bad... also I did get this awesome comment saved for how fucking amazing it was when it came to this video.

*Sips a Mountain Dew*

*Plays video*

*Dragon bursts through front door and kidnaps girlfriend*

Thus began the greatest adventure I've ever had since I played the video for Contractor. I traveled through mountains and under oceans, over the blue sky and into the starlight. When I had finally caught up with the beast, it spoke to me, and told me something that I did not want to admit. On the tip of the highest mountain, amidst an erupting volcano, it told me:

Your Mountain Dew is now warm.

------------------------

I fully admit that I have been wanting to post that story for a while now. I have my chance and I took it! I REGRET NOTHING!!!

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Well, here's the thing.

good idea.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

That's fucked up, but that happens quite a bit on the Yahoo! comment boards.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By haffy

@ManU_Fan10ne said:

she/he also says:

also:

He is kind of right, races are different. But comparing IQ's is such a dumb waste of time. IQ tests heavily relay on the culture the person is in and the amount of problem solving that person will see daily. Plenty of other problems when comparing IQ as well.

But I think he's right with the whole different races are better at different things. I think it's dumb how you can look at animals from an evolutionary stand point to show how and why a species is better at coping in certain environments, but use that same logic on humans and shit gets crazy.

I don't really care about any points the person makes in his arguments, because I think they're pretty biased and not very well thought out. But I think being able to completely disagree with his initial argument is pretty short sighted. Animals evolve in different ways when geographically separated. Humans were also separated for a long time by migrating to different corners of the world. We would be the exception to how evolution works if we were all the same.

I could easily be wrong about humans being different. We could actually be all pretty much the same, which would be pretty fucking convenient for our society. But I find it difficult to take anybody's opinion on the subject when there has been so much controversy anytime eugenics or racial differences are being investigated, because every fucking time peoples political or religious views come into play, which have no place in scientific studies and makes it close to impossible to find non-biased studies. I also find it weird when people are so sure about a subject like this, I don't really understand how someone can have all the information they need to form a solid opinion on the subject, when so much of the information is difficult to get reliably.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tunaburn

he said it in a horrible way but he actually is right on a lot of his points.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mtcantor

Whoa. Are you saying there are awful people posting awful things on the internet?

Holy hell... this makes me question EVERYTHING.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By fattony12000

THOSE HARSH EURO WINTERS, GUYS!

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Dagbiker
@haffy

@ManU_Fan10ne said:

she/he also says:

also:

He is kind of right, races are different. But comparing IQ's is such a dumb waste of time. IQ tests heavily relay on the culture the person is in and the amount of problem solving that person will see daily. Plenty of other problems when comparing IQ as well.

But I think he's right with the whole different races are better at different things. I think it's dumb how you can look at animals from an evolutionary stand point to show how and why a species is better at coping in certain environments, but use that same logic on humans and shit gets crazy.

I don't really care about any points the person makes in his arguments, because I think they're pretty biased and not very well thought out. But I think being able to completely disagree with his initial argument is pretty short sighted. Animals evolve in different ways when geographically separated. Humans were also separated for a long time by migrating to different corners of the world. We would be the exception to how evolution works if we were all the same.

I could easily be wrong about humans being different. We could actually be all pretty much the same, which would be pretty fucking convenient for our society. But I find it difficult to take anybody's opinion on the subject when there has been so much controversy anytime eugenics or racial differences are being investigated, because every fucking time peoples political or religious views come into play, which have no place in scientific studies and makes it close to impossible to find non-biased studies. I also find it weird when people are so sure about a subject like this, I don't really understand how someone can have all the information they need to form a solid opinion on the subject, when so much of the information is difficult to get reliably.

This, your brain stereotypes for a reason, because it keepet you alive for thousands of years. They only work because stereotypes are usualy right.
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I like to stay away from most comment boards, because they tend to bring out the most racist, disgusting individuals that walk this Earth. There are actually people on this planet that think Romney would make a good president. *shudders*

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@haffy said:

i see what your saying, and i like the way that you presented it, and i agree with you, we are all different, and some are better at things than others, but it doesnt mean that we are superior to each other. the vibe that i get from that person is that he believes that whites are the superior race, and that there is no point in educating anybody else because everybody else should be working on the field. I think an argument can be made is that we are human because we can overlook our differences and anybody can achieve what they want if they have the will power to do it, and that we can overcome our "weaknesses."

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheHumanDove

You seriously needed a blog? Welcome to fucking youtube comments.

You meet the lowest denominator...but you ask for it ;]

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#16  Edited By Sin4profit
korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By korwin

@ManU_Fan10ne said:

@haffy said:

i see what your saying, and i like the way that you presented it, and i agree with you, we are all different, and some are better at things than others, but it doesnt mean that we are superior to each other. the vibe that i get from that person is that he believes that whites are the superior race, and that there is no point in educating anybody else because everybody else should be working on the field. I think an argument can be made is that we are human because we can overlook our differences and anybody can achieve what they want if they have the will power to do it, and that we can overcome our "weaknesses."

People don't normally take kindly to having their existence being boiled down to the whole "human's as animals" discussion. If you told someone of a different racial background that they are a "different breed" to yourself then 9 time out of 10 your going to get yelled at and called a horrible racist or worse, even though what your saying is 100% true from an biological perspective. A fox and a hound are different breeds, but they're both canines.

That being said the comment thrown up by the O.P. was indeed incredibly racist, that person deserves anything that comes to them as a result.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I'm not going to read that and save you some trouble: don't go on Yahoo's. or IGN's comments. Or Youtube's. All of it is a joke and I can't believe people spend their time. I know I am saying this posting on a forum but comparatively this is miles ahead.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By korwin

@ArtisanBreads said:

I'm not going to read that and save you some trouble: don't go on Yahoo's. or IGN's comments. Or Youtube's. All of it is a joke and I can't believe people spend their time. I know I am saying this posting on a forum but comparatively this is miles ahead.

I have a friend who goes there purely to troll homophobes and religious crazies... I think that's a fairly amusing reason.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By _Zombie_

*Ahem*

I'll shorten this blog post up for everyone;

Yahoo commenters are idiots, and second only to youtube in their stupidity. This is why you should not like yahoo comment boards.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Skytylz

@ArtisanBreads said:

Many news websites are equally ridiculous.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive gotten used to YouTube comments lately but oh my, that was pretty bad.  The comment section on TMZ is horrible too

ma_rc_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ma_rc_01

I guess the whole slavery thing was just "minorities getting their precious feelings hurt"?

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@Korwin said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

I have a friend who goes there purely to troll homophobes and religious crazies... I think that's a fairly amusing reason.

trust me, that is really fun. especially when you have a "does god exist vs god doesnt exist" topic. all you have to do is tell them that you have to prove whether or not you exist before you prove/disprove whether or not someone or something else exists, the people go crazy (mainly you get an incredible amount of thumbs down and everybody ignores you and continues on with the pointless debate)

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Those harsh European winters my ancestors suffered through must be why I'm so good at using blankets.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By korwin

@ManU_Fan10ne said:

@Korwin said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

trust me, that is really fun. especially when you have a "does god exist vs god doesnt exist" topic. all you have to do is tell them that you have to prove whether or not you exist before you prove/disprove whether or not someone or something else exists, the people go crazy (mainly you get an incredible amount of thumbs down and everybody ignores you and continues on with the pointless debate)

He takes the opposite approach of saying what they're all thinking then seeing how far they run with the ball.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Hunter5024

@Korwin said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

They are an endless source of amusement for Trolls. Look at this guy. The funniest part is that he actually got a legitimate answer.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Knave

When i go on youtube to listen to some old game OST, I always feel warm inside whenever i read comments on those videos. We all gathered there to awaken our nostalgia, and it is a marvelous feeling.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By cornbredx

I came here to reference MBMBAM but I see that this has already been done. So, video- why not 

Anyway, ya. Most of Yahoo! answers and what not just seem to be trolls. Half of the questions, even MBMBAM answer from there, I don't think were written seriously so I can never tell anymore if these people are serious or not. They can get really absurd (and I know how dumb people can be- I do internet tech support).
Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Tomzombie

dam lady be mofing hates every other ethnic group but whites.

i would say madame your, both a racist and a bigoted. Why are you so ignerent of every other ethnic group in the world, find a way to live with people with out being such a dick. The world is full of every other ethnic group so learn to deal with. or i would post a bunch of articles and links to try to enlighten this women of the wondrous world of what other ethnic groups bring to the culture of America. like: Rock& Roll, Blues, jazz, the twist, many slang words that are used today, the peanut, Tacos, burritos, salsa dancing, many styles of individual forms of dance, music, art. Many southern ideas like some of the Bation ruges stuff wich is a mix of french, west African, and American culture. which American culture in its self is made up of other countries traditions all scrambled into one or many cultures.

And if she dues want to learn, well fuck her cues shes just so ignerent, that she is just a waste of your time for arguing.

I just read first paragraph that's it.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#31  Edited By fox01313

As much as I enjoy using yahoo mail, agreed that the commenting people are idiots about as much as a bunch of the user reviews on netflix. A few months ago I was looking up some movies & was looking at both netflix & the user reviews on yahoo to see a bunch of idiotic statements or the reviews of 5 stars with the text along the lines of 'can't wait to see this movie' or 'friends tell me this is the best movie ever'. Just avoid the user reviews as much as the other commenting places on the site.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By korwin

@Tomzombie said:

i would say madame your, both a racist and a bigoted. Why are you so ignerent of every other ethnic group in the world, find a way to live with people with out being such a dick. The world is full of every other ethnic group so learn to deal with. or i would post a bunch of articles and links to try to enlighten this women of the wondrous world of what other ethnic groups bring to the culture of America. like: Rock& Roll, Blues, jazz, the twist, many slang words that are used today, the peanut, Tacos, burritos, salsa dancing, many styles of individual forms of dance, music, art. Many southern ideas like some of the Bation ruges stuff wich is a mix of french, west African, and American culture. which American culture in its self is made up of other countries traditions all scrambled into one or many cultures.

And if she dues want to learn, well fuck her cues shes just so ignerent, that she is just a waste of your time for arguing.

Slightly off topic here. Damn dude, you need to spell check your posts.

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Tomzombie

@Korwin: ya i know, but FUCK YOU.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Orbitz89

@ma_rc_01 said:

I guess the whole slavery thing was just "minorities getting their precious feelings hurt"?

Oh absolutely.. and all those black people who were killed for such valid reasons as - Looking at a white women, stepping on a white mans shadow, and trying to drink from a "white only" water fountain. Among countless other atrocities the blacks had to endure from the white man.. Yeah, they were just being pissy.

Whoever wrote that garbage is a fucking idiot.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SexyToad

I never go on yahoo comment boards.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Fattony12000 said:

I'm from Wisconsin and we've got harsh winters all up in here.

That's why I'm so goddamn smart.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Korwin said:

@Tomzombie said:

Slightly off topic here. Damn dude, you need to spell check your posts.

My eyes are on fire as we speak.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@ManU_Fan10ne said:

What they're saying is most definitely racist. Though to a certain extent I do believe affirmative action to be bullshit. From a biological view there is literally no such thing as "races" there is only the human race. So ya, that fourth group that I highlighted is pretty much dead on.

Most academics know that the IQ test is fundamentally flawed in a number of ways, so it's results are pretty much useless. In short, the only thing your IQ results indicate is your aptitude for taking IQ tests.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

If you want to see a comment section where most of the people are actually fairly level-headed and not total scum, there are two options. Here (kinda) and AVClub.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Arker101

It starts out with you just hating a message board, but don't worry, you'll eventually come to hate the entire internet! Unfortunately the most popular message boards also attract the most scum, but you occasionally find good places like here (Mostly) or Neogaf.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Arker101 said:

It starts out with you just hating a message board, but don't worry, you'll eventually come to hate the entire internet! Unfortunately the most popular message boards also attract the most scum, but you occasionally find good places like here (Mostly) or Neogaf.

A "mostly" for here, but not for Neogaf? Shocking.

Message boards that mostly revolve around a Podcast site community seem to be more chill imo.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I've met a lot of stupid people in my life, their skin colour was the least of their problems and it certainly was no excuse for being a retard.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BrockNRolla said:

@Fattony12000 said:

I honestly thought I was the only Wisconsinite on here. Where are you from?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By fattony12000

@Turtlebird95 said:

@BrockNRolla said:

@Fattony12000 said:

I honestly thought I was the only Wisconsinite on here. Where are you from?

I'M FROM THE UK JESUS SHIT I MUST HATE THOSE BLACKS SO MUCH IT AIN'T EVEN FUNNY.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By iam3green

yeah, internet is pretty bad at things. youtube is another place that i hate reading comments on. the people there are just horrible, they just fight over stupid stuff.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TruthTellah

I'd say it's too easy to just say "Welcome to the Internet" or "Stay away from message boards". What that person expressed and the dumb things you see online all of the time... those are real people. That's real life. There are people here on Giant Bomb who, on perhaps a worse day, would say almost the exact same thing. People in your neighborhood. Perhaps even people in your own family and friends. It's the kind of thing that pervades the human experience.

It's comforting to suggest that you should just stay away from some places. -That- part of the Internet. Stay away from -those- people. But that's the Internet, and that's people. The reality is that, even in this single thread, there are multiple people who somewhat buy into the nonsense portrayed by this individual. The only difference is that they perhaps aren't more willing to sound like a bigot with an archaic way of looking at other human beings. Or maybe they aren't as confident or passionate about that position. Said a different way, even bigotry can sound reasonable, as there is almost always some reasonable ground zero of extreme ideology. Bigotry doesn't just spring up; it builds up from more reasonable foundations. That doesn't make bigoted positions okay; it just shows how much people can twist things around in their own mind. That isn't because they are sick people. It's because they are people and we all just happen to be sick. It's just a matter of whether the sickness has gotten to us on particular things. We are all capable of bigotry and unspeakable cruelty, and you could one day hold a similar position as this person and even speak like that.

What that means is simply that things aren't as easy as just avoiding some people. Certainly, avoid people like that, but also be aware of the foundations of such thoughts and how they can evolve to become natural to you. That person is a deluded racist, but we can all be deluded. And so, this isn't just a matter of "Those Yahoo people are awful" or "Message boards are a haven of horrible folks"; it's a matter of the fact that there are horrors around and in us all. Giant Bomb has people who, pushed the wrong way, could sound like that, and your life and mind leading a certain way, you could also sound like that person. That's the real horror. People can debate over whether certain people are more inclined toward certain things(which is almost always a near inconsequential factor next to actual life experiences[1% talent, 99% hard work, as it were]), but one of the things we all share in is an equal ability to become better people or devolve into wretched people. Or share in decent bits of both in our lifetime.

If this person really confuses or enrages you, I implore you to consider areas in your own life and mind where thinking like this may fester. Most of us have seeds of it in us, if they haven't already bloomed. The best thing to do is to simply look at an instance like this and think about how you might avoid ever sounding like that. Don't be mistaken in believing that it's an isolated case or that you could -never- be like that. We can all be like that. The thing to learn from such a horrible sight is to be vigilant in seeing and rooting out instances of that kind of thing in your own life. That way, interacting with these people is not a noxious poison to you but instead an opportunity to become more familiar with what you must fight and defend against in yourself all the years of your life.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Arker101

@GnomeonFire said:

@Arker101 said:

A "mostly" for here, but not for Neogaf? Shocking.

Message boards that mostly revolve around a Podcast site community seem to be more chill imo.

I can only speak for the "gaming" part of the site. The other three fourths is unknown, but any part of a website that is "off-topic" often seems to be the most dangerous. By dangerous, I mean more susceptible to hate and intolerance. The podcast theory seems fairly spot on.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I've seen worse.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#49  Edited By musubi

Anything Yahoo is fucking awful. Never visit that internet hell-hole

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShaggE

But Yahoo Answers is a goldmine of unintentional comedy, so it all evens out.