Why is there even a debate over releasing photos of Osama's body?

• 152 results
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

screw this i dont care anymore. 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

because no one trusts the u.s government anymore and won't take their word on it...except the sheeple. The banking elite who owns the government seems to enjoy creating events and depending on others to say, well it's not possible because no one can do that. If you had billions of dollars, you can do anything easily. What so all these wars aren't planned false flag attacks? I have a ton of examples thoughout history of this corruption and deception, too much to get into it here because the sheeple are narrow minded and doesn't think it's possible or no one is cold enough to do this. No, your not cold enough to do this, but greedy rich billionare priv bankers are.

Also by saying conpiracy theory, alot of ppl are going to the alternative media to get answers instead of listening to this orwellian government and media. Conspiracy theorist is just another for for skeptic. If the picture looks exactly like osama bin laden, then there is no room for conspiracy, it will die down. Just don't release the picture now, but do it at some point later, but release it.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive

and I'm tired of anyone questioning anything this government does being automatically labeled a crazy conspiracy theorist. 

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Sanity

Personally i could care less if we piss them off, piss on his head and post it on youtube. You dont kill there leader and not piss them off... This is the guy who attacked our nation, i say fuck them.

Avatar image for ultimatepunchrod
ultimatepunchrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By ultimatepunchrod

i just dont know why people think that if it was some crazy conspiracy, then the government couldnt come up with a photoshopped image of a dead Bin Laden. i mean what does a photo really prove anymore

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By fox01313

With the talent from many Fx studios, I personally would be suspicious of any released images due to it being so easy to fake them while they get all kinds of information from him if he's captured & not dead (but going to be dead really soon after getting information out of him).

Upfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Upfish
@ultimatepunchrod said:
" i just dont know why people think that if it was some crazy conspiracy, then the government couldnt come up with a photoshopped image of a dead Bin Laden. i mean what does a photo really prove anymore "
Seriously. The only thing releasing photos would accomplish is moving everyone on to the next conspiracy theory: how that's totally not the real bin Laden.
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#8  Edited By Little_Socrates

I don't want them to show off the photos because it'll make a lot of Americans act even more insane and probably lead to more American riots. Also I don't care to see the photos myself, and I don't know why anyone would. It's not like a photo proves anything anymore than the original statement does anyways.

You do know we live in an age where ridiculous facial mapping is something Rockstar find profitable, right? Computer imaging and photo editing are ridiculous at this point so the non-believers will still say they doctored it.

I don't mean to imply that they're lying (they're not;) I only mean to show that a photo doesn't mean anything in terms of proof and only serves as a bragging tool. We're better than that.
RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By RIDEBIRD
@TwoOneFive: But showing the picture will indeed entice more shit going down, especially since it's reported to be very gruesome, containing a picture of Osama with a huge fucking hole in his skull where there's tons of blood and brain matter. 

And your country has been getting plenty pissed for a few decades now, so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The people you're refering to aren't exactly crazy - they're religious fanatics with some underlying motivation that comes from some experience. For example, the US bombing the shit out of their country. You're still correct in the fact that the picture won't exactly change their mind, but it might make them go all out and try to get vengeance for Osama and stupid shit like that. 
Edit to clarify: The war in Afghanistan was just and all that, it's just not that this is entirely black and white. The whole conflict started way, way before 9/11 - that was kind of the point I was trying to make.

And for the people that don't trust the government - sure, fine, whatever. But please do note that no government would make the incredibly stupid decision to make something as huge as this to use as a publicity stunt. Especially not in the times we live in, as that information would very likely leak out to Wikileaks or someone else, causing the equivalent of the Watergate scandal, just magnified a few thousand times, probably ending with the president being prosecuted. 

It's just not worth the risk for the publicity.
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By melcene

Not only would releasing the picture possibly enflame OBL's followers, but it will also serve to piss off the Americans (and others around the world) who are all boo-hoo over a human life, even if it's OBL's.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11  Edited By Yanngc33

Because they want to avoid another Che. Because as crazy as it might sound, in 10 years somebody will think that putting his face on a T-shirt and selling it will be a good idea

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bybeach

You know in reading the comment section at MSNBC underneath articles concerning this question, you start to get the idea there are some really sick ppl. out there. Like frustrated that they can't keep killing Osama again and again now that he is dead, or relishing seeing the bullet holes, like it was a good occasion for the vaseline and a sock.. Every time somebody notorious gets convicted, you get to read about everyone's good friend Bubba in prison and how Bubba is going to rape the latest offender of some public notion of justice.. I'm sick of it, I do not mean to bring it here but I use this site as an escape.

I do not need to see photos of Osama's head ripped apart, it's obvious he is dead. And it was really stupid to code name the operation Geronimo

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TwoOneFive
@bybeach: look man, people photoshop photos of everyone to mke them look dead, fucked up, even naked. it happens all the time. 

we're talking about a mass murdering terrorist here. who cares what the internet does with the photos. the point is, we need undeniable proof. 

they killed him and dumped his body in the sea within 24 hours. it doesn't make much sense. 

@Yanngc33 said:
" Because they want to avoid another Che. Because as crazy as it might sound, in 10 years somebody will think that putting his face on a T-shirt and selling it will be a good idea "
they would do that either way dude. 
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Enigma777
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" because no one trusts the u.s government anymore and won't take their word on it...except the sheeple. The banking elite who owns the government seems to enjoy creating events and depending on others to say, well it's not possible because no one can do that. If you had billions of dollars, you can do anything easily. What so all these wars aren't planned false flag attacks? I have a ton of examples thoughout history of this corruption and deception, too much to get into it here because the sheeple are narrow minded and doesn't think it's possible or no one is cold enough to do this. No, your not cold enough to do this, but greedy rich billionare priv bankers are. Also by saying conpiracy theory, alot of ppl are going to the alternative media to get answers instead of listening to this orwellian government and media. Conspiracy theorist is just another for for skeptic. If the picture looks exactly like osama bin laden, then there is no room for conspiracy, it will die down. Just don't release the picture now, but do it at some point later, but release it. "
Stay off the drugs, son.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive
@melcene said:
" Not only would releasing the picture possibly enflame OBL's followers, but it will also serve to piss off the Americans (and others around the world) who are all boo-hoo over a human life, even if it's OBL's. "
as i already pointed out in my original post: his death has already enflamed his followers. and even when Obama tried to be respectful giving him a proper islamic burial at sea, they became enflamed anyways saying it was a giant insult etc. so all this tip toeing around terrorists feeling is BULLSHIT. If they get one of our guys, they burn them and drag them through the fucking streets. 
DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By DeeGee

This whole thread reminds me that anyone who uses the word 'sheeple' and isn't being ironic needs to be locked away.

@TwoOneFive said:

" @bybeach: look man, people photoshop photos of everyone to mke them look dead, fucked up, even naked. it happens all the time. 

we're talking about a mass murdering terrorist here. who cares what the internet does with the photos. the point is, we need undeniable proof. 

they killed him and dumped his body in the sea within 24 hours. it doesn't make much sense. 
"
Well too bad you're never going to get undeniable proof, since that's impossible. A photo can be faked. You want to physically see his corpse? A look a like. There is no viable way of proving this. You just need to accept it happened. Also, dumping the body at sea isn't exactly an uncommon thing. Did you not study the 20th century in History class? There's a great many important people that have had their ashes scattered or dumped at sea to stop their graves becoming shrines. Like that Hitler guy.

Wait ... did we ever kill him? I want undeniable proof that Hitler isn't alive today.
Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zabant
@dudy80 said: 

" Personally i could care less "

Must.....RESIST.... 
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Daveyo520
@TwoOneFive said: 
There was riots immediately following the news of his death. 
There was riots in reaction to the burial at sea, which meant Obama's attempts at being courteous and respectful have failed. 

lol, was.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By toowalrus
@TwoOneFive: Just out of curiosity, what good do you think it's going to do? The photos won't convince anyone who doesn't already believe he's dead- after all, we've got actual video of people walking on the moon- and idiots still doubt that it happened, even though it was much tougher to forge photography in the 60s.
veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By veektarius

Let's see... what does (did) Osama Bin Laden want?   To hurt the United States. What would be really easy for Osama Bin Laden to do right now if he were still alive?  Hurt the United States, by publicizing that he was still alive.  Wouldn't need to kill a soul, he'd undermine our government and possibly the war in Afghanistan just by releasing a video where he made fun of us for lying about his death.
I know you don't trust the government, but do you really think it's that boneheaded?

Granted, it's possible such a video was pre-made for such a purpose.  He'd need to do something that didn't sound generic, like identify the date of his claimed death.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MikkaQ

To the people questioning whether he's dead or not:

Does it really matter? The damage is done. The figurehead is dead. He could still be alive and it wouldn't make a damn difference.

Either way, there's no way the government would go through such ballyhoo about Osama if they didn't kill him. What do they gain? It's not like killing Osama was the entire goal of the war on terror. It's a bonus, getting rid of an important leader of a organization that's dying out, and the architect of various horrible attacks is a morality boost, but it doesn't change the complicated political structure of the middle east as it is. 
Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Djeffers03

To all the people who do not believe he is dead: He would just make a new video showing that he's alive, of course he's dead, or at least captured.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TwoOneFive
@TooWalrus said:
" @TwoOneFive: Just out of curiosity, what good do you think it's going to do? The photos won't convince anyone who doesn't already believe he's dead- after all, we've got actual video of people walking on the moon- and idiots still doubt that it happened, even though it was much tougher to forge photography in the 60s. "
they just need to provide something. 
it makes the world think they have something to hide. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TwoOneFive

FUCK!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20059739-503544.html?tag=breakingnews
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BraveToaster

Several lawmakers advised Obama to avoid releasing the pictures. The photos were described as gruesome, and they don't want to make things worse. Notice how things got worse when that preacher decided to burn the Quran? Imagine how these guys are going to feel when pictures of one of their leaders is getting paraded through the media. Whether you accept Obama's decision or not, refusing to release the photos makes things easier for the troops in Afghanistan.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By recroulette

Who cares? A photo wouldn't silence the doubters, no matter how much they say it would.

Why piss off the extremists even more?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By toowalrus
@TwoOneFive said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" @TwoOneFive: Just out of curiosity, what good do you think it's going to do? The photos won't convince anyone who doesn't already believe he's dead- after all, we've got actual video of people walking on the moon- and idiots still doubt that it happened, even though it was much tougher to forge photography in the 60s. "
they just need to provide something. 
it makes the world think they have something to hide. 

"
Right. Well they provided the date, location, and gory details of his death. For most rational people, they've provided enough. Anyone who still doubts won't be convinced by photography. Wait 40 years or so, and when all this shit is de-classified, we'll get to see the death photos, water burial, maybe even the execution itself.
Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By Chris2KLee

Cuz the kind of  people who it would try to convince probably will call foul anyways, and the kind of people it will piss off tend to wear exploding clothing.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Well, not releasing the photos as obama said only fuels more speculation. First he puts out a birth certificate with layers in illustrator and now this. I think it's irresponsible and leaves room for ppl who aren't sheeple to be skeptical.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
@TwoOneFive: The sea burial was NOT for consideration, it was so there would not be a burial site for martyrs. The pictures don't need to be released, it's a corpse. Full of bullet holes. The President isn't going to lie about this, if it got out he would be ruined. It's real. Yes, he is happy that the tyrant who was the face of a murderous regime is dead. There is a difference between pride in what the soldiers did and putting his body up on a fuckin' pike. He's dead. There is no need to stoop to that level. And photographic evidence in this day and age is pretty easy to forge, especially if you know what your doing. I'm sure there are a million idiots in basements cooking up fake pictures of his corpse as we speak.
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By melcene
@TwoOneFive said:
" @melcene said:
" Not only would releasing the picture possibly enflame OBL's followers, but it will also serve to piss off the Americans (and others around the world) who are all boo-hoo over a human life, even if it's OBL's. "
as i already pointed out in my original post: his death has already enflamed his followers. and even when Obama tried to be respectful giving him a proper islamic burial at sea, they became enflamed anyways saying it was a giant insult etc. so all this tip toeing around terrorists feeling is BULLSHIT. If they get one of our guys, they burn them and drag them through the fucking streets.  "
You also completely ignored the other half of my statement.  GG.
phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By phantomzxro

I don't really see the need to release the photos and i don't buy this arguement that we already pissed them off so it should not matter. This will only make them more pissed off and more importantly people will act up  here as well. You know there will be T-shirts and Gif all over the internet so why even entertain that. Granted i don't think the people following under Osama deserve respect but we as a nation have to carry out business respectfully or everyone will be out for us. We can still do dirt and keep our heads up high and not looks like a immature nation.

Even if i don't think it is needed i feel the photo will get out one way or another so its only a matter of time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Some governments put heads on sticks and parade around and act like barbarians.  We are not barbarians.

I was a little taken aback by newspapers with 'ROT IN HELL' as the headline.  We'd like to believe ourselves civilized and evolved beyond the blind, boiling hatred of our enemies but it's difficult to credit that when we've started using the word 'evil' to refer to our cultural opposites.  'Evil' and 'diabolic' are words that extremist use to breed hatred for us, if we're in the right I don't see the need in them.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HandsomeDead

So they kill him and bury him at sea within the space of a day and there's no photos of this. I can't say I'm conspiracy minded but this is super convenient.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By melcene
@TwoOneFive said: 

" [UPDATE]  OBAMA SAYS NO WTF?!? I like how he claims "hes not a trophy" as if its not something to be proud of... even though he was happy to announce it immediately. ... what the fuck were you hopping up on that podium to gleefully announce you had him killed for?!!! oh i get it, its YOUR trophy not ours.  "

Told you.  Too many people are already boo-hooing that anyone would be the slightest big pleased that OBL is dead.    
s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By s7evn

It seems like a bad move to not release the images. At least give the people something to prove you got him and to shut up the skeptics. I mean really, put a warning that it's disturbing and it's not for the faint of heart.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mnzy
@Djeffers03 said:
" To all the people who do not believe he is dead: He would just make a new video showing that he's alive, of course he's dead, or at least captured. "
From the conspiracy stuff I read so far, people think he was dead for a while now, not that he's still alive.
ohnobruno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ohnobruno

My opinion is that they should have released the photo as a matter of public record but I'm well aware that my opinion usually makes for shitty politics.  The bottom line is there nothing for the administration to gain by releasing them at this point, and maybe few things to lose if they do.  For example - and I think it was Marc Ambinder who pointed this out on Twitter - if they release the pictures at this point, it will be become the image most people associate with the Osama's death.  Right now that image is probably Obama in the situation room or possibly the press conference.  Which would you prefer as a politician? 
krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By krazy_kyle

Here you go 

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mazik765

The quotes in the beginning of that article pretty much describe exactly how I feel. Nothing is going to satisfy anyone who doesn't already believe it, unless you're holding some sick desire to see deceased human bodies, and the costs of such a futile gesture would outweigh the benefits.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ryanwho

The concern is stirring up reaction from the crazy people. And we wouldn't want Al Queda to want to kill Americans or anything, and they'd totally start wanting to kill Americans if the photo came out.

mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mrv321
@dudy80 said:

" Personally i could care less if we piss them off, piss on his head and post it on youtube. You dont kill there leader and not piss them off... This is the guy who attacked our nation, i say fuck them. "

He isn't there leader, nor was he since 2004. You killed a guy heavily suspected of attacking your nation.

It's a shame the day I celebrate the day of his death, I morn the death of the bill of rights, human rights and  presumption of innocence. 
soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By soldierg654342

Anyone who needs to see the pictures wouldn't believe them if they did. They've already decided it didn't happen.

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By christ0phe

Dumbest argument ever.  You sir, are an idiot

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By wickedsc3

They will never release it voluntarily.  Because Im sure that photo shows things they don't want out.  Mainly a unarmed man shot once in the chest and once in the head.  I don't why they couldn't take him alive, it would not have been that hard to shoot to wound a unarmed man.  As they did with the woman who actually charged at them, who they shot in the leg.  Also the others in the building who they were able to zip tie on there way clearing the building.  I don't think the photo will come out because the shot to the head was unnecessary and probably after he had died.  Which would show the US in a bad light.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BraveToaster
@wickedsc3 said:

" I don't think the photo will come out because the shot to the head was unnecessary and probably after he had died.  Which would show the US in a bad light. "

Military members are trained to shoot two to the chest, one to the head.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#47  Edited By natetodamax
@dudy80 said:
" Personally i could care less if we piss them off,
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ryanwho
@wickedsc3 said:
" They will never release it voluntarily.  Because Im sure that photo shows things they don't want out.  Mainly a unarmed man shot once in the chest and once in the head.  I don't why they couldn't take him alive, it would not have been that hard to shoot to wound a unarmed man.  As they did with the woman who actually charged at them, who they shot in the leg.  Also the others in the building who they were able to zip tie on there way clearing the building.  I don't think the photo will come out because the shot to the head was unnecessary and probably after he had died.  Which would show the US in a bad light. "
K Glenn Beck, now you're sympathizing with poor unarmed Osama.
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

There's no point.  People wouldn't believe it was him anyway.  And why would you want to see it anyway?
waitwhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By waitwhat
@natetodamax said:

" @dudy80 said:

" Personally i could care less if we piss them off,
"
why are you assuming he doesn't care? maybe he does care and he felt like saying so.

i'm assuming you're trying to correct his grammar, btw.