Why is there even a debate over releasing photos of Osama's body?

• 152 results
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Devil240Z

Clearly the CIA who did 9/11 in the first place were protecting Osama. But Obama out of desperation to be re-elected had Osama killed to gain some public favor. 

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By beej
@TwoOneFive said:
" @bybeach: look man, people photoshop photos of everyone to mke them look dead, fucked up, even naked. it happens all the time. 

we're talking about a mass murdering terrorist here. who cares what the internet does with the photos. the point is, we need undeniable proof. 

they killed him and dumped his body in the sea within 24 hours. it doesn't make much sense. 

@Yanngc33 said:
" Because they want to avoid another Che. Because as crazy as it might sound, in 10 years somebody will think that putting his face on a T-shirt and selling it will be a good idea "
they would do that either way dude. 
"
His argument went way over your head didn't it?
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By ryanwho
@beej said:

" @TwoOneFive said:

" @bybeach: look man, people photoshop photos of everyone to mke them look dead, fucked up, even naked. it happens all the time. 

we're talking about a mass murdering terrorist here. who cares what the internet does with the photos. the point is, we need undeniable proof. 

they killed him and dumped his body in the sea within 24 hours. it doesn't make much sense. 

@Yanngc33 said:
" Because they want to avoid another Che. Because as crazy as it might sound, in 10 years somebody will think that putting his face on a T-shirt and selling it will be a good idea "
they would do that either way dude. 
"
His argument went way over your head didn't it? "
Not really. Osama's a martyr either way. What does seeing his brain emptied head change? What did Saddam being executed on TV change? You think some people are on the fence about martyring Osama and seeing his bullet wound would seal the deal? All his supporters really needed was the story and they have that. Osama was praying unarmed, surrounded by bluebirds or something and the pigs came in and murdered everyone. Seeing the hole where his eye should be doesn't change the skew of the narrative that crazy terrorists will be using. Che doesn't have a famous corpse photo, he has a famous living photo.
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By melcene

Obama will release the photos when Donald Trump starts making a stink over whether they exist.....

/rimshot
Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Turambar
@mnzy said:
" @Djeffers03 said:
" To all the people who do not believe he is dead: He would just make a new video showing that he's alive, of course he's dead, or at least captured. "
From the conspiracy stuff I read so far, people think he was dead for a while now, not that he's still alive. "
Which is kind of dumb considering the fact that the operation was carried out in Pakistan, it certainly severely inflamed our relations with that country.  If he's been dead for a long time and we're just putting this out there for political convenience, saying he was found and killed in some remote Afghan cave would have been a lot more politically sensible.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Axxol said:
" @wickedsc3 said:

" I don't think the photo will come out because the shot to the head was unnecessary and probably after he had died.  Which would show the US in a bad light. "

Military members are trained to shoot two to the chest, one to the head. "
It also has the coolest name ever: The Mozambique Drill.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59  Edited By vidiot
Who cares?
They identified the DNA as an exact match, they have all his personal information and data, why do people care about this? It's not relevant. That piece of scum is dead and now it's time to exploit that fact. If I was Obama, the last thing on my mind would be releasing a bunch of photo's with Osama's eyes blown out of his face. There will be people who think they were doctored even if we do release them, so it's not like you're going to convince people who are doubting you now.

You know who want's pictures of his death? Sarah Palin.

@SarahPalinUSA: Show photo as warning to others seeking America's destruction. No pussy-footing around, no politicking, no drama;it's part of the mission

Of course, releasing the photo's is the definition in this context as dramatic and polit....Ugh...You know what...I think I just gave that sentence(?) more thought than I should have.
The point is, that you're not going to please anyone in this situation and we probably should be focused on better things.
wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By wickedsc3
@ryanwho said:
" @wickedsc3 said:
" They will never release it voluntarily.  Because Im sure that photo shows things they don't want out.  Mainly a unarmed man shot once in the chest and once in the head.  I don't why they couldn't take him alive, it would not have been that hard to shoot to wound a unarmed man.  As they did with the woman who actually charged at them, who they shot in the leg.  Also the others in the building who they were able to zip tie on there way clearing the building.  I don't think the photo will come out because the shot to the head was unnecessary and probably after he had died.  Which would show the US in a bad light. "
K Glenn Beck, now you're sympathizing with poor unarmed Osama. "
Not at all, I think rotting in a US prison would be worse than killing him, and could possibly be useful in the war.  But thanks for jumping to conclusions.  Because honestly what does killing him do that capturing him would not?  I by no means in my post said it was wrong to kill him, all I said was I didn't see whey they couldn't take him alive allowing us to gain more information.

@Axxol said:
" @wickedsc3 said:

" I don't think the photo will come out because the shot to the head was unnecessary and probably after he had died.  Which would show the US in a bad light. "

Oh, that could explain it then.  What is the purpose of this just to make sure they are dead after you hit them twice in the chest?
Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Dingofighter
@Veektarius said:
" Let's see... what does (did) Osama Bin Laden want?   To hurt the United States. What would be really easy for Osama Bin Laden to do right now if he were still alive?  Hurt the United States, by publicizing that he was still alive.  Wouldn't need to kill a soul, he'd undermine our government and possibly the war in Afghanistan just by releasing a video where he made fun of us for lying about his death.
I know you don't trust the government, but do you really think it's that boneheaded?

Granted, it's possible such a video was pre-made for such a purpose.  He'd need to do something that didn't sound generic, like identify the date of his claimed death.
"
But how can we know they didn't make a video for every date...
Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Turambar
@wickedsc3 said:

" @ryanwho said:

" @wickedsc3 said:
" They will never release it voluntarily.  Because Im sure that photo shows things they don't want out.  Mainly a unarmed man shot once in the chest and once in the head.  I don't why they couldn't take him alive, it would not have been that hard to shoot to wound a unarmed man.  As they did with the woman who actually charged at them, who they shot in the leg.  Also the others in the building who they were able to zip tie on there way clearing the building.  I don't think the photo will come out because the shot to the head was unnecessary and probably after he had died.  Which would show the US in a bad light. "
Not at all, I think rotting in a US prison would be worse than killing him, and could possibly be useful in the war.  But thanks for jumping to conclusions.  Because honestly what does killing him do that capturing him would not?  I by no means in my post said it was wrong to kill him, all I said was I didn't see whey they couldn't take him alive allowing us to gain more information.
@Axxol said:
" @wickedsc3 said:

Oh, that could explain it then.  What is the purpose of this just to make sure they are dead after you hit them twice in the chest?
"
Missing vital organs after being shot int he chest means they will still be alive for a short time.  Having any body armor means the shots might not kill them at all.  Guessing the two shots in the chest knocks them off balance enough where you can guarantee a head shot which confirms a kill.  Complete assumption on my part so EpicSteve can correct me if I'm completely off base here.
bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By bravetoaster
@wickedsc3 said:
@Axxol said: 
" @wickedsc3 said:

"
No, it's entirely for shits and giggles. Navy SEALS have no idea what they're doing.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@wickedsc3: double tap two to the sternum to create an unstoppable bigger wound (solar plexus), one to the forhead. It's really how it's done and no one can survive that.
PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By PerryVandell

Because people like to debate about the stupidest things if it gets them attention.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Contro

I reckon every crew member on board kicked the shit out of the body before feeding the remains to the sharks /

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By TheGreatGuero

If you want to see the pics, you're a sick and demented person.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Because he'll be made into a martyr for every Islamic extremist out there.

waitwhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By waitwhat
@Fullmetal216 said:
" Because people like to debate about the stupidest things if it gets them attention. "
stupidest isn't a word!
Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Agent47
@TwoOneFive: Why is there a debate over whether or not it was right killing him!?
Dread612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By Dread612

@ TwoOneFive
 Reuters got there hands on some pictures of the aftermath, apparently these were sold to news agencies by a Pakistani security official.

WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOGRAPHS OF DEAD PEOPLE

http://www.reuters.com/subjects/bin-laden-compound
Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By Rayeth

So is DNA sampling not good enough?  Do you want them to release lab records or something?  Sheesh, the dude is dead.  Let it go.

Who want to see pictures of a dude shot in the eye anyhow?  I certainly don't.
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By beej
@ryanwho: I was talking about his response to the first person actually.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Dread612: that's for posting that.
theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By theguy
@TwoOneFive said:
"If they get one of our guys, they burn them and drag them through the fucking streets.  "
OK lets do that too. The whole point wasn't "getting him back" it was eliminating a threat. What do you gain from releasing pictures? The possible negatives are too big to risk for "Yay we killed him". Adding insult is just childish. Also being pissed off is not an on / off thing, theres a difference between being really pissed at my friend, wanting to hurt him or wanting to kill him. Releasing pictures would cause too much trouble and i don't think its necessary to prove that they killed him ( what with the people being pissed and why would they lie ).
Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Hunkulese

What kind of sick fuck wants to see pictures of dead people?

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By mesklinite

That, and anything can be Photoshopped. Seeing pictures would mean nothing.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By theguy
@waitwhat said:

" @Fullmetal216 said:

" Because people like to debate about the stupidest things if it gets them attention. "
stupidest isn't a word! "
As far as I know technically it is but its rarely (if ever used correctly) 
DoctorLazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DoctorLazy
@natetodamax said:
" @dudy80 said:
" Personally i could care less if we piss them off,
"
"I could care less"  and "I couldn't care less" mean the same thing.  The former is sarcastic and the latter is sincere.  People that whine about this are deeply stupid.  So are people that think the Osama killing is a fabrication. 
bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By bravetoaster
@Dread612:
That guy looks like he has a mouth full of blueberry pie.
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Axxol said:

" @Dread612: That guy looks like he has a mouth full of blueberry pie. "

I would say that's messed up but the dude was a terrorist so fuck him.
bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By bravetoaster
@MariachiMacabre said:
" @Axxol said:
I would say that's messed up but the dude was a terrorist for fuck him. "
Would it make you feel better if I told you that Frank West took those pictures?
ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#83  Edited By ThePickle

Doesn't matter if they release pics. People will still call bullshit, like they always do.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By NickL
@Dread612 said:
" @ TwoOneFive
 Reuters got there hands on some pictures of the aftermath, apparently these were sold to news agencies by a Pakistani security official.

WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOGRAPHS OF DEAD PEOPLE
http://www.reuters.com/subjects/bin-laden-compound
"
That second picture freaked me out with how his eyes are, also the bullet hole in the chin doesnt help.

What is with you people? First you complain about wanting to see a birth certificate for years, now you complain about wanting to see a death certificate (or body)
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Axxol said:
" @MariachiMacabre said:
" @Axxol said:
I would say that's messed up but the dude was a terrorist for fuck him. "
Would it make you feel better if I told you that Frank West took those pictures? "
Yes, yes and more yes.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By napalm
@TwoOneFive: Cry more.
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#87  Edited By melcene
@Axxol said:
" @wickedsc3 said:
@Axxol said: 
" @wickedsc3 said:

"
No, it's entirely for shits and giggles. Navy SEALS have no idea what they're doing. "
I see what you did there.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By napalm
@wickedsc3 said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @wickedsc3 said:
Not at all, I think rotting in a US prison would be worse than killing him, and could possibly be useful in the war.  But thanks for jumping to conclusions.  Because honestly what does killing him do that capturing him would not?  I by no means in my post said it was wrong to kill him, all I said was I didn't see whey they couldn't take him alive allowing us to gain more information."
I'm inclined to agree with you, because I think Osama had some intel that could help with dismantling the al-Qaeda networks. This is more of an assumption at this point, though. Even though he's dead, somebody else will step into his place, because I'm sure there might be a bit of a power vacuum within the terrorist network.
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Mighty

I love how even when Obama wins, he loses.

JokerFrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By JokerFrown

Doesn't Obama know?  Pix or it didnt happen???????!!!!!!!

pieman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By pieman32

evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By yakov456

Shit is going to happen anyway from killing him. Just release the photos to put everyone's fears to rest.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By iam3green

i don't know. i think that they should just release it. maybe they should make a small way of releasing it, so that way we won't really care about. terrorist release pictures of what they did to our soldiers all the time. i remember hearing on the news a while ago of soldiers being held hostage and terrorist released them.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By FourWude

This whole affair is beginning to stink to high heaven.

Story has now changed once again. Reports suggest that now Osama wasn't killed at his compound, he was killed AFTER they captured him. Which is even more madness if they had him alive.

And Obama won't show photo's because of emotional sentiment. I don't buy that one bit. With Saddam we had everything forthcoming, with Osama nothing. And Saddam being dead was only going to lead to more death and retaliation in Iraq amongst his supporters (who exist to this day, folks). So why not release photo's of a man who has no more than a few hundred followers worldwide (According to the CIA themselves, and possess no capability to strike directly at US military targets)???

This folks is why I was sceptical at the start when the whole story broke. All I wanted was just a few shreds of evidence, and nothing has been provided.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Mcfart

Here's the thing:

If Osama was alive and free, we'd eventually know it. He's probably still alive and captured (more useful alive then dead), and the info we get from him will be incredibly useful.

THE MEDIAS SAYING HES DEAD SO THAT WE DONT GET BOMBED AND SHIT BECAUSE IF AL QUADA KNEW HE WAS ALIVE THEY'D SUICIDE BOMB US TO OBVLIVION

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Quacktastic

I don't want to see them; but I wish they were available, because now I'll be exposed to even more dumb ass conspiracy theories.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Jimbo

History books and war museums around the world are full of 'gruesome' photos like this.  People aren't asking to see it for entertainment's sake; they want to see some evidence that they're hearing an accurate version of events.  It would probably do the public good to see what war looks like once in a while anyway.  It's pretty cowardly to have these things done in our name and then ask for it to be hidden from us to protect our delicate sensibilities.  The 'too gruesome' defence is pretty much bullshit.

Not wanting to incite a reaction (or rather, Obama not wanting to catch flak later if some incident ends up being blamed on the release of the photo) holds a little more water, though it's perhaps a little late to worry about inciting a reaction having already bombed the fuck out of half of the Middle East.

He is definitely dead.  They would not do any of this if they were not certain that was the case one way or another.  However, the evidence for him dying how and when they claim he died so far amounts to "Trust us".  Sorry, but Nixon (Watergate), Clinton (Lewinsky), Bush (WMD) already burned through any weight carried by the word of US administrations.  Recent US Presidents have not shown themselves to be above lying when it was convenient for them to do so.  There's a slam dunk re-election riding on Obama portraying himself as the Slayer of America's Enemies, so there is plenty of plausible motivation for shenanigans. 

I think it's likely they're telling it straight(ish), but if you're going to hastily dispose of the body where it can never be found, and then refuse to release any evidence at all (for very tenuous reasons), then nobody should be surprised that some people aren't prepared to just take them at their word.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By FourWude

@Jimbo:

According to the US official story, Osama was buried according to Muslim burial rites, (dubious claim, but one we'll go along with). So that means they cleaned and washed him. So surely they could have and should have taken pictures of him AFTER they had 'prepared' him for burial which wouldn't have been anywhere near as gruesome or "offensive". It would have shown two things, 1. That Osama is dead. 2. That the US paid at least some respect to a dead body, therefore quelling emotional sentiment.

But alas this is coming from a government, which allegedly had a 'LIVE' feed of the whole operation from helmet cams and still can't get its story straight. They can DNA prove it was Osama within hours, but after 3 whole days can't come up with a unified story of what truly happened.

And I'm being told I'm the wacky one for not trusting the governments word on face value.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Meowshi
@TwoOneFive said:
" @melcene said:
" Not only would releasing the picture possibly enflame OBL's followers, but it will also serve to piss off the Americans (and others around the world) who are all boo-hoo over a human life, even if it's OBL's. "
as i already pointed out in my original post: his death has already enflamed his followers. and even when Obama tried to be respectful giving him a proper islamic burial at sea, they became enflamed anyways saying it was a giant insult etc. so all this tip toeing around terrorists feeling is BULLSHIT. If they get one of our guys, they burn them and drag them through the fucking streets.  "
So...we should be more like the terrorists?
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#100  Edited By lazyturtle

@TwoOneFive: By that argument they should maintain a viewable file of ALL the people who were killed in the wars. Just in case you're feeling horny
 and bored with conventional porn.