Women's World Cup

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Commando

Anyone else watching the semi-finals on ESPN? Right now it's USA vs France, then in a few hours it's going to be Sweden vs Japan.

USA is up 1-0 but France is taking a lot of shots right now.

These women are a lot more exciting to watch than the men in my opinion. They're tackling each other, pushing each other, and they're not whining to the refs about it. I mean one of the American girls just accidentally tripped up a French girl and they were just brushing it off instead of making it look worse than it really is.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RTSlord

theres still the fair share of diving (see the end of the brazil-us game) but it definitely seems better to watch than mens

ll_chilidogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ll_chilidogs

I agree. I've never been into women's sports, but they play harder and tougher than their male counterparts. Both teams have taken some brutal hits so far, and they get right back up. There's no spray, no stretchers, and no magical water; I'm beginning to wonder if I'm actually watching a soccer game.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane

I will only watch women's soccer if the camera is focused on Hope Solo the entire game. <3

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoG

Is it wrong of me that I have only ever watched women's soccer to see their legs?

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By gearhead
@CitizenKane said:

I will only watch women's soccer if the camera is focused on Hope Solo the entire game. <3

This is completely true. Like seriously...Words escape me. 
Soccer is cool too. 
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's not on TV in the UK. At least not terrestrial TV, anyway. It could have been USA vs. England, but our stupid women are as shit at taking penalties as the men are!!!!

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cap123

I watched any england games that came on while they were still in it, but the quality of football is just so laughably below men's its hard to watch any more than that.

The best women's football would have to offer wouldn't really even make it into a 5 or 6th division men's league i'm afraid. You guys are right that they don't dive as much as the top men teams, but nor do the lower league men's teams either, I think it's a case of pressure and the hugeness of the situation at the top level.. they really do ANYTHING to win... even if it is totally embarassing for followers of the sport. 

But the teams are improving too, i remember a few years ago you had commentators actually laughing at some of the things they did.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By mnzy
@ll_chilidogs said:

I agree. I've never been into women's sports, but they play harder and tougher than their male counterparts. Both teams have taken some brutal hits so far, and they get right back up. There's no spray, no stretchers, and no magical water; I'm beginning to wonder if I'm actually watching a soccer game.

That is wrong on so many levels...I'm sad and amused at the same time.

This whole cup has been pretty disappointing for me.
I live in Germany and maybe it's because it's been hyped so much and I watch alot of football over the whole year, but it's very hard to enjoy if you are used to men playing. It's bascially 5th league football with up to 70000 people watching.
If you enjoy football, you should've seen the U17 world cup in Mexico last week, that was amazing. Match for 3rd place, Germany - Brazil 4:3. One of the best matches I've seen the whole year.

USA-Brazil was entertaining, though.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Commando

Crap, France just scored. Tied 1-1.

No Caption Provided

Damnit Hope Solo! I can't stay mad at you.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

I've watched most of the USA's games this cup. I'm pretty Impressed. Amy Rodriguez is pretty cute, and Swedish team is stacked with good looking girls too.

Amy Rodriguez USA
 Amy Rodriguez USA
MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

3-1 USA's up with less than 10 minutes left.

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DAFTPUNK
@CitizenKane: Oh ya I know!
what a  babe
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Ghostiet

The quality of the football they display is just pathetic. It's simply bad. There's a lot of lousy kicks, lame losses, hell, even the referees are below even CL level.

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oatz

I've tried, but I just can't take women's sports seriously. I guess I could watch it just for the occasional eye-candy, but unfortunately most female football players seem to be pretty foul.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy watching the the US women play but saying its better than the mens play is absurd. Just look at the damn goalies...the only one I don't facepalm at is Hope Solo.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

I can agree that the level of play isn't there, but it's good enough. There's still plenty of exciting moments.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By buzz_killington

LOL Women playing football. I have to be honest with you, I watched 20 minutes of one game (Japan vs. Germany) and yeah... I'm not sexist, but if I want to watch football, I'd rather watch English local league games.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mnzy
@Ghostiet said:
The quality of the football they display is just pathetic. It's simply bad. There's a lot of lousy kicks, lame losses, hell, even the referees are below even CL level.
I think it's funny that women are referees at mens football matches, but there are no men at womens matches, eventhough there are so many more viable men fot that job than the obviously incompetent women they had at the cup.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By penguindust

So who's everyone got next?  Japan or Sweden?

NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By NickBOTT
WOOHOOOOO US!!!!  As for next game hmmmmmmmm...I'm going to have to give it to Sweden.
MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

It would be much more interesting if the US faced Sweden in the final after losing to them earlier.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ghostiet
@mnzy said:
@Ghostiet said:
I think it's funny that women are referees at mens football matches, but there are no men at womens matches, eventhough there are so many more viable men fot that job than the obviously incompetent women they had at the cup.

Still, it's not THAT much of a jump. I mean, yeah, they could've lined up someone like Howard Webb, but what difference would that make? Referees in football are absolute shit, there's maybe 3 big names that are not blind, biased nor plain stupid.

But yeah, if we want to raise the level of arbiters, hiring women is so far not the best way.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jimbo

It reminds me of when I was first learning the controls to FIFA.

(Shamelessly stolen from Sickipedia)

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Commando

Damn. Just watched Sweden and Japan before they walked out of the tunnel. The Swedish girls are a full head taller than the Japanese girls.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Women's world cup...in cooking,giving birth and laundry cleaning. Come on, you know sexism is funny. awaits for moderator to delete this post

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By Vinny_Says
@Commando said:

Anyone else watching the semi-finals on ESPN? Right now it's USA vs France, then in a few hours it's going to be Sweden vs Japan.

These women are a lot more exciting to watch than the men in my opinion. They're tackling each other, pushing each other, and they're not whining to the refs about it. I mean one of the American girls just accidentally tripped up a French girl and they were just brushing it off instead of making it look worse than it really is.

This is the typical American thing of watching a sport only if the USA makes it far enough to be covered on ESPN. Never in a million years would you have watched women's soccer if not for the American dames. 
Sames goes for swimming or hockey, I guess I can't blame you but don't go around talking like you know anything about soccer....or have ever watched a game.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Commando

@blacklabeldomm said:

@Commando said:

This is the typical American thing of watching a sport only if the USA makes it far enough to be covered on ESPN. Never in a million years would you have watched women's soccer if not for the American dames. Sames goes for swimming or hockey, I guess I can't blame you but don't go around talking like you know anything about soccer....or have ever watched a game.

You're making assumptions about someone without knowing the person. Nice.

If you knew anything about my previous posting history, you'd know I'm into sports. I don't pretend to know everything about soccer, but I enjoy watching it. Sorry if that offends you.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By Vinny_Says
@Commando: I know you're American and I'm sure you like football and baseball (from your previous posts), but never in a million years would you have made a thread about women's soccer, just like ESPN would never cover the sport before.....just sayin'.
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gearhead

I love Hope Solo, but at least half the Swedish team look like models. 

Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bigrhyno

@blacklabeldomm said:

@Commando: I know you're American and I'm sure you like football and baseball (from your previous posts), but never in a million years would you have made a thread about women's soccer, just like ESPN would never cover the sport before.....just sayin'.

How often do you watch ESPN?

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mnzy
@blacklabeldomm: Ratings for the cup are through the roof here in Germany and Japan and Sweden are also pretty crazy about how far their teams have come as far as I know. You may call it stupid to have interest in something your country suddenly is successful in, but it's nothing American.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Commando

@blacklabeldomm said:

ESPN covers the sport every major tournament. And here's a link to my last thread about it.

Also, Japan just tied it up against Sweden. Score's 1-1.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Commando

Oh my God. Japan is up 3-1 against Sweden. I did not expect that to happen. Barring a miracle it looks like it will be USA-Japan for the World Cup finals.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MiamiRedHawks
@blacklabeldomm said:
ESPN was committed to cover the whole cup years ago by television contract before they even knew if the US women's team would be in the world cup. ESPN isn't just playing the games now because the US women are winning. Your an idiot.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Example1013

They're pretty hot, but I'd be scared to get in bed with any of them. I feel like their powerful legs would break me.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By yakov456

USA/Japan would be the only way I would have watched a female soccer match. Seems it may happen.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#38  Edited By delta_ass

Death by Snoo Snoo!

NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By NickBOTT

Wow so it's USA Japan for the finals!  Should be a good one.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By BoG

After creepily looking at the team, Hope Solo is not the winner. I'm gonna go with Alex Morgan. I feel like such a dirtbag rightr now.

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By MisterMouse

Really looking forward to the Japan, USA Final...

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Karl_Boss

USA USA USA

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By uniform

Pretty good match.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By Bigheart711

I'm glad Japan ended up winning (Besides, they went through some bad shit earlier this year)!

Avatar image for i_am_not_a_moderator
I_Am_Not_A_Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

USA lost. But Japan did deserve it, after all that has happened in Japan lately.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RE_Player1

I'm glad Japan won and USA lost, this is coming from a Canadian.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sarkhan

I feel sad that so many US people had to play a bad tast card online. http://www.japanprobe.com/ (just scroll down :S)

But it was a awsome match. Loved it. And congrats to Japan :)

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By Skytylz

Well, all I watched was overtime and the free kicks, whatever their called, and I guess I still find soccer boring!  I can get into hockey when it's the U.S. in the olympics, but soccer still doesn't do it for me.  I'm not to upset about the U.S. loss, I think if we were gonna lose to anyone I would have had it be Japan.