Would you believe in God if there was scientific evidence?

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By DualReaver
keyhunter said:
"Hey guys. Lets chill."
The term is "Chillax".
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By Patchinko
DualReaver said:
"keyhunter said:
"Hey guys. Lets chill."
The term is "Chillax"."
caption
caption
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Patchinko said:
"DualReaver said:
"keyhunter said:
"Hey guys. Lets chill."
The term is "Chillax"."
caption
caption
"
thats Snorlax 
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By DualReaver
ZombieHunter said:
"Patchinko said:
"DualReaver said:
"keyhunter said:
"Hey guys. Lets chill."
The term is "Chillax"."
caption
caption
"
thats Snorlax "
Yeah but Snorlax is chillaxing.
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Patchinko
ZombieHunter said:
"Patchinko said:
"DualReaver said:
"keyhunter said:
"Hey guys. Lets chill."
The term is "Chillax"."
caption
caption
"
thats Snorlax "
Oh shi-
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

woot thats right i caught em all 

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By Demilich

For the record, the Bible never states the time period between when the Earth was created and when Adam and Eve came around.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By DualReaver

Snorlax was such a bitch to catch.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Patchinko
ZombieHunter said:
"woot thats right i caught em all "
Even a wild...
Missingno.?
Missingno.?
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By DualReaver

Oh that brings back memories...
brb I got to go find my Pokemon Blue.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Patchinko said:
"ZombieHunter said:
Even a wild...
Missingno.?
Missingno.?
"
dude that thing was the shit but it made you game all glitchy if  caught it and tried to use it :C
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DualReaver
ZombieHunter said:
"Patchinko said:
"ZombieHunter said:
Even a wild...
Missingno.?
Missingno.?
"
dude that thing was the shit but it made you game all glitchy if  caught it and tried to use it :C"
But it could make your pokeman instantly level 150ish. Than level 99 again!
Maybe.. I can't really remember how all that worked.
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Demilich
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#114  Edited By keyhunter

I also caught all 453 pokemons. And I only use Wobbuffetts.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By DualReaver
Demilich said:
"
"

Stand back bitch!
Stand back bitch!
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
keyhunter said:
"I also caught all 453 pokemons. And I only use Wobbuffetts."
if i remember correctly wobbuffett could be good if you had to certain moves he had 
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Demilich

WOBB?!?!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#118  Edited By crunchUK
Patchinko said:
"ZombieHunter said:
Even a wild...
Missingno.?
Missingno.?
"

isn't that just an error? "missingno" as in missing number? lol i dunno but i spent hours trying to get it :D

get precious god to explain THAT!
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
crunchUK said:
"Patchinko said:
"ZombieHunter said:
Even a wild...
Missingno.?
Missingno.?
"

isn't that just an error? "missingno" as in missing number? lol i dunno but i spent hours trying to get it :D

get precious god to explain THAT!"
its like a weird error pokemon i cant explain it but it took weird forms when it was in your inventory 
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By DualReaver

You guys ever wonder if Pokemon really are Aliens and if they're actually out there somewhere?
And Mew is kind of like our god?
Like come on no normal person could invent all these creatures, something is fishy here.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By keyhunter
ZombieHunter said:
"keyhunter said:
"I also caught all 453 pokemons. And I only use Wobbuffetts."
if i remember correctly wobbuffett could be good if you had to certain moves he had "

He only learns 5 moves. One of them are useless, the other 4 can wipe out an entire team. And if you have a full team of Wobbufetts then you pretty much automatically win. And if you come up against a pokemon that uses status effects, then you can use safeguard. Basically all are fucked against wobbuffett.

Seriously, Encore, enemy pokemon does the attack he did the first time again, wobbuffett used counter, wobbuffett wins. Rinse and repeat.
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
DualReaver said:
"You guys ever wonder if Pokemon really are Aliens and if they're actually out there somewhere?
Like come on no normal person could invent all these creatures, something is fishy here."
you know what i like how this was a god topic then it went all poke-mon and then you combined the both  WE HAVE COME FULL CIRCLE 
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By crunchUK
Demilich said:
"WOBB?!?!

"
omg it's excrementalia. it evloves into mr hanky the cristmas poo if you give it a cristmas hat at level 42
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#124  Edited By Soap
DualReaver said:
"You guys ever wonder if Pokemon really are Aliens and if they're actually out there somewhere?
Like come on no normal person could invent all these creatures, something is fishy here."
You might be right, especially if you consider all the different main games to be a slightly different retelling of the same story, kind of like the books in the bible.

.... Although to be fair after beating the elite 4 no one is crucified for being a false messiah.
hair001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By hair001

That isnt scientific evidence. What a lame attemt at it also. I don't see how evolution contadicts any law made so far (and remember, human knoledge is tiny right now, there is so much more yet to be learnt)

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Hewkii
Xymox said:
"Another Science vs. religion thread on the internets?
Science is as much believing as religion is. One puts full trust in faith, one full trust in "evidence". They are the same to me.
and you're putting full trust in your senses to accurately tell you that we exist. nothing special here.
DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By DirrtyNinja
Isaac said:
"

Evidence

Discuss.

"
No discussion is necessary. Whom ever came up with that nonsense does not even have a rudimentary grasp of scientific principles or the scientific method.

Also, your deeply held beliefs are merely nothing more than an accident of birth. The parents you happen to belong to and the stuff they happen to believe in, is now doubtless what you believe in. Had you been born elsewhere you would believe in other stuff, causing the stuff which you believe now to be heretical and false. But in both cases you would believe it to be your true religion. How are you not embarrassed.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Endogene
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By pause422

There will never be evidence, trying to interpret those two things and make it seem as if they mean the same can be done with a number of completely impossible things...it means nothing. Evidence will never exist of this because thats what religion is, every body has their different beliefs or stances...they won't be proven right or wrong though, its like the existence of aliens, its plain ignorant to believe that in this entire plain of existence humans are the only dominant species anywhere in this huge space we have, yet until there is convincing enough proof, if ever, to all the people saying its not possible, or they don't exist at all...things will always remain the same. the ones who believe will continue, and the ones who don't will continue to not.....this has been done so many times, even with the Plague's of Egypt, trying to describe it in scientific terms saying its possible and the bible was right....just get that fact in your head, this will never be proven true.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Mourne
Xymox said:
"Another Science vs. religion thread on the internets?
Science is as much believing as religion is. One puts full trust in faith, one full trust in "evidence". They are the same to me.

It is as blind of you say there is no god, as to say yes there is a god. Neither can be proved, but both can be believed.

For all I know, earth could have started the day I was born. I know NOTHING about the time before me. Not even your science can prove it.
Dinosaurs?
Prove to me that I did not make them up in my mind.
The ONLY thing, the ONLY fucking thing I can be sure of, is my own existence as I experience it, through MY eyes, through MY feelings.
This very thread could exist in my mind for all I know.

Philosophy > Science and Religion put together. Any day of the week.

I see the POSSIBILITY of a world with a God or some kind of universal force. I also see the POSSIBILITY of a world where there is no God.
Science is a tool, and so is Religion. Tools to understand the world around us, which we might never fully do. If, However, one does not think for oneself and ask questions and basically not take everything for the one and only absolute truth then these tools are worthless.

My 2 cents."
Here's the thing: We can actually prove true science. We can actually see that in action, and that's that. Equating Science to Religion is counter productive, if I may be so bold. Let's just say that I trust my life far more to scientific medical advances than that of a grumpy old man up in the wild blue yonder.

Here's something from the great Michael Shermer to keep in mind: All the "evidence" for... falls under the rubric of this fallacy. Such notions are easily refuted by noting that scientific theories are not built on single facts alone but on a convergence of evidence assembled from multiple lines of inquiry.

If you base religious "evidence" on multiple lines of inquiry, we have hundreds of gods--some that control rain, some that control the ocean. I mean, there's no way to completely, 100% prove that L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology cult isn't founded on a religion created by a science fiction writer. That doesn't mean I have to believe him; if I believed anything people told me, I could believe there was a flying spaghetti monster in the sky. Is there? I doubt it, but I've never seen any proof otherwise.

By taking a reasonable, skeptical, and responsible approach to religion, you'll soon discover that nearly all of the primary religions are designed to control groups of people with fables and parables about more 'mythic' times. If we aren't responsible with what we truly believe, we'll be taken in by anyone with a pen (which is why many people still cling to long-dethroned psychics, etc). Considering the Bible was written before we had this sort of experimental science, people were eager to believe a man was able to stack two of every animal on one seriously sturdy boat. Scientific methods and laws founded after the Bible was written have disproved many aspects of it, as the writers of the Bible had no way to know about such science (other than by holy means, which they conveniently didn't share with us fiefs). Given how vague the Bible is with details as it is, it's no wonder that some ardent believers are starting to claim some of the scenarios are "metaphors".

To me, there's no more truth to the talking snake in the Bible as there is the Billy Goats Gruff.  Lessons and morals abound--doesn't mean they're meant to be interpreted literally.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By atejas

scripture=/=proof.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Jayge_
Isaac said:
"diz said:
"

On Point 2:

Hebrew
s 11:3 actually says: "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." It does not say anything about sub-atomic particles...

"
It is an interpretation. Can you not see the resemblness?"
BROTHERS, HEATHENS, CAN YOU NOT SEE THE RESEMBLNESS?
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Jayge said:
"Isaac said:
"diz said:
"

On Point 2:

Hebrew
s 11:3 actually says: "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." It does not say anything about sub-atomic particles...

"
It is an interpretation. Can you not see the resemblness?"
BROTHERS, HEATHENS, CAN YOU NOT SEE THE RESEMBLNESS?"
WUT!?!?!
Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Sushbag

There wouldn't be, so no.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#135  Edited By Vaxadrin

I love it when people say "your science".  I take it you won't be helping yourself to the fruits of modern physiology and neuroscience then?

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Vaxadrin said:
"I love it when people say "your science".  I take it you won't be help yourself to the fruits of modern physiology and neuroscience then?"
Haha your very witty ^.^
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#137  Edited By Black_Rose

I would believe in it if there was scientific evidence, but you didn't show me any

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Vaxadrin

Science is only a good thing when I need antibiotics or when it allows Apple to make a new iPhone.  Science is a bad thing when it causes me to stop and think about my beliefs.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By HandsomeDead

If there were actual evidence, then sure. But seeing as that will never happen, I believe nothing.

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By GiantGUS

I would believe it if there was sufficient evidence to support the claim.

LOVEMYSTEAM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By LOVEMYSTEAM1

If there was scientific evidence for God then the whole idea of faith would be meaningless. Although I am a firm believing in God, my personal belief being based on the Bible, I can say that there is just as much scientific evidence for the God of the Israelites-YHWH- as there is in the Spaghetti monster deity. Faith is something that can not be proven. Because of this science is diametrically opposed to it since science goes off of physical evidence. I personally believe in God and value science.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Vaxadrin

I don't appreciate how many people in this thread are taking Spaghetti Monster's name in vain.

sponge3164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By sponge3164

I believe in god, however why do people go around on internet forums trying to prove or disprove him? you will never do it and only cause a 50 page flame war.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#144  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Vaxadrin said:
"I don't appreciate how many people in this thread are taking Spaghetti Monster's name in vain."
Oh sweet Christ, people on Giant Bomb are actually mentioning that douchebag's "Spaghetti Monster" crap?

That's it. GIANT BOMB HAS OFFICIALLY GONE TO HELL.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#145  Edited By kush

Technically Yes. If there was proof then no could deny his existence. But religion would then be pointless because faith is the key to religion. The belief in something blindly...If you have proof, then you can't exactly have faith. That's why I think those who are agnostic are just wasting their time.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By atejas
Kush said:
"Technically Yes. If there was proof then no could deny his existence. But religion would then be pointless because faith is the key to religion. The belief in something blindly...If you have proof, then you can't exactly have faith. That's why I think those who are agnostic are just wasting their time."

You're thinking of deism, which is people that firmly believe in god without knowing why.
Agnostics believe there may or may not be a god of any nature.
Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Ubergeist

I'm pretty sure if there is a God, it's comprehensible, and will be forever.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Vaxadrin
Arkthemaniac said:
"Vaxadrin said:
"I don't appreciate how many people in this thread are taking Spaghetti Monster's name in vain."
Oh sweet Christ, people on Giant Bomb are actually mentioning that douchebag's "Spaghetti Monster" crap?

That's it. GIANT BOMB HAS OFFICIALLY GONE TO HELL."
Hey, I just wish that users would treat the Spaghetti Monster religion with the same amount of respect they'd like their own beliefs to be treated with.  Jesus Cocksucking Christ!
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Mourne
Arkthemaniac said:
"Vaxadrin said:

That's it. GIANT BOMB HAS OFFICIALLY GONE TO HELL."
Well, I guess I can call Jesus H. Christ a "douchebag" as well. After all, we are being completely objective here.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Jayge_

My 11 year old brother fully grasps and enjoys the concept of the Spaghetti Monster and the Invisible Pink Unicorn. He loves it.