• 90 results
Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nude_Dude

As most of you know (and those who have passed their teen years), teenage is the most unstable part of a mans' life, mainly due to a child transforms into an adult, and from the warmness of their toy-filled room they begin to sweat to earn a place in this world, and try to fullfill the expectations that rise higher every year.

Okay, scratch that. Many teenagers think their life sucks, and that's because of unrequited love, failure or whatever other reason. So, what's your opinion on teenagers who are at the verge of commiting suicide? I'm talking mainly about the 14-15 year old area. Had you ever felt in your teenage life the want to kill yourself, or have you known anyone who wanted to?

(What's the age where most teenagers feel like their life is shit and that they want to end everything, again? >_>)

aemaeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By aemaeth

I just think they aren't very perceptive to anything but theirselves, or have had a harsh upbringing.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By BiggerBomb

I think that people are too hard on those who actually do feel that way, because some people have problems below the surface that you just don't know about. That aside, suicide is rather selfish. The pain, the trauma suicide would bring upon the "victim's" family is unimaginable.

I kid in my school's mom commited suicide a long time ago and that is something that could seriously fuck you up, kids tend to blame themselves for their parent's divorces. How about suicide? I can't imagine that he will have a normal life growing up.

Suicide is really a terrible thing and those who are seriously considering it should find help and think about the consequences of their actions.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Vaxadrin

I think they'd better man up because life doesn't get any better after you graduate high school.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By atejas

Eh. Passed through my mind, sort of.
Never took it too seriously, though.

aemaeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By aemaeth
Vaxadrin said:
"I think they'd better man up because life doesn't get any better after that."
At least not yours, evidently.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vaxadrin
aemaeth said:
"At least not yours, evidently."
I mean to say, problems with girls and bullies and being overwhelmed with work to do and worrying about your social standing and what others think is not something that disappears as soon as you turn 18.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb
Vaxadrin said:
"I think they'd better man up because life doesn't get any better after you graduate high school."

Everyone I have ever talked to has said the exact opposite, high school is one of the most stressful times in people's lives. Telling them to man up would just make them feel worse and push them over the edge.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vaxadrin
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By atejas

Or you could just die inside, grow a thick layer of fat , and start making friends exclusively on the internet.
Worked for me.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb
Vaxadrin said:
"Then they don't know the definition of manning up."

Grow up, get a bigger pair, stfu, etc.

That's what manning up means and if that isn't what you mean, people will percieve it like that anyway.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By PureRok

I never had any problems in high school. I don't see what the hell is so tough about it. You go, you listen to teachers tell you more bullshit, you go home. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vaxadrin
PureRok said:
"I never had any problems in high school. I don't see what the hell is so tough about it. You go, you listen to teachers tell you more bullshit, you go home. Lather, rinse, repeat."
The problem is that Sarah doesn't know I exist, and it makes me wish I was dead!
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BiggerBomb
Vaxadrin said:
"PureRok said:
"I never had any problems in high school. I don't see what the hell is so tough about it. You go, you listen to teachers tell you more bullshit, you go home. Lather, rinse, repeat."
The problem is that Sarah doesn't know I exist, and it makes me wish I was dead!"

I'm in love with my best friend who I set up with my other best friend to get her off my mind. That backfired. Fucking highschool god damnit. >.<
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By atejas
Vaxadrin said:
"PureRok said:
The problem is that Sarah doesn't know I exist, and it makes me wish I was dead!"

You and your silly desire to exist...I'm perfectly happy being left alone by everyone......my whole school.....all alone....it's so much fun, you should-
OH GOD I CANT TAKE IT ANY MORE! I'M SO LONELY!!!!
Perhaps we should meet up for casual sex?
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vaxadrin

Casual sex is my middle name.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb
Vaxadrin said:
"Casual sex is my middle name."

If I have kids when I'm older and it's a boy, I'm going to make his middle name Danger. Because Danger would be his middle name. How cool is that?
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Rowr

Teens dont do enough. So they sit around thinking to much and getting depressed. Or creating mini drama's like they see on the OC.  Lifes to easy for the average teen nowdays.

The single best solution is to get a job. A real job. Prefferably physical labor.

Failing that, get involved in clubs, sports etc.

Most of them are just bluffing anyway for the attention. Few are truly suicidal.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vaxadrin

It's the music & reality TV that does it.  When I was a teen we listened to Rage Against The Machine and got angry and threw rocks at shit.  Now kids cry and slit their wrists (horizontally).

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rowr
Vaxadrin said:
"It's the music & reality TV that does it. "
I think the increased prevalence in the last 15 years of political correctness and a general avoidance to offend anyone about anything hasnt helped either.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BiggerBomb
Rowr said:
"Vaxadrin said:
"It's the music & reality TV that does it. "
I think the increased prevalence in the last 15 years of political correctness and a general avoidance to offend anyone about anything hasnt helped either.
"

I cannot stand today's stress for political correctness. On airplanes coach is no longer called coach, it is called "the main cabin."

Also, why the hell is African-American better than black? That is distinguishing them from Americans. "They're not American, they're African-American." To be honest, I think that is a racist term.

We're called whites, they should be called blacks. That would make more sense and it isn't a term that tries to make a clear dividend between the two races. Who the hell cares what skin color you are? Your American, g'damnit. That's all that matters.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Vaxadrin said:
"Casual sex is my middle name."

Your parents must have a really weird sense of humour to give you a middle name like that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Nude_Dude said:
"mainly due to a child transforms into an adult"
Hahahaha, is that what happened to Megatron?
Anyways, I have though about suicide many times, actually every human has to think about suicide, it`s a thought that goes through our brains and hopefully our brains make the right choice.
Many teen whine and groan about how there lives fucking suck and they wish they weren`t born and some of them have a reason to, but most are whiny little emo kids I'd like to curb stomp, but hey thats just me.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BiggerBomb
Bucketdeth said:
"Nude_Dude said:
"mainly due to a child transforms into an adult"
Hahahaha, is that what happened to Megatron?
Anyways, I have though about suicide many times, actually every human has to think about suicide, it`s a thought that goes through our brains and hopefully our brains make the right choice.
Many teen whine and groan about how there lives fucking suck and they wish they weren`t born and some of them have a reason to, but most are whiny little emo kids I'd like to curb stomp, but hey thats just me."

The term curb stomp makes me cringe after seeing American History X.

*Cringes*
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vaxadrin
MattyFTM said:
"Your parents must have a really weird sense of humour to give you a middle name like that."
No, they were just blessed with the gift of foresight.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By atejas
Vaxadrin said:
"It's the music & reality TV that does it.  When I was a teen we listened to Rage Against The Machine and got angry and threw rocks at shit.  Now kids cry and slit their wrists (horizontally)."

Really? That's what we do over here. Atleast, I listen to RaTM but I dont get pissed at shit, and my peer group listens to shitty rap and they do get pissed.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vaxadrin

Well the rest of the world is usually 15 years behind America.  Eastern Europe still revels in 80's metal.  :P

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rowr

To be honest i think alot of the "suicidal teens" thing at the moment is a bit of a fad, It basically came in with the popularisation of "emo" bands.

Its a resurgence in greater numbers of the whole goth fad which happened in the early-mid nineties.

Most teenagers are impressionable as fuck. And with the rise of broken homes and kids without fathers of the last 15 years, not to mention the castration of most men into office jobs.
As well as men bashing in the media, with the help of advertising becoming targeted more towards women.

Young men are looking for father figures and not getting a hell of a lot. When the lead singer of My chemical romance becomes a father figure you know a kids in trouble.

Some of the best adjusted teens, seem to be those that spend more time around older men, doing manly stuff. Which is why i think joining clubs and doing sports, or getting a job where you have that interaction is the best solution most of the time.

There is a movie from the 80's i think which features christian slater and winona rider, which looks at suicide as a fad, can anyone remember what this is called?

damedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By damedude

my friend killed himself when we were 14, his mother had died and we were in the middle of our exams, so he couldnt cope with the pressure of life anymore.
after a week or so, i felt like doing the same, as i felt like total s**t.
but i managed to get through it, i now use that experience to get me through tougher times in my life.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rowr
Vaxadrin said:
"Well the rest of the world is usually 15 years behind America.  Eastern Europe still revels in 80's metal.  :P"
Or the rest of the world is smart enough to recognize the best stuff and stick with it.
Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vaxadrin

*opens mouth & stands up as to speak*

*pauses*

*closes mouth again, sits down*

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By Karmum

As far as I'm concerned, any teenagers that are suicidal, need some serious help. There is always another option than to take your own life, always. Concerning me, I have never had a real serious thought about becoming suicidal. Which, I consider a good thing. I have not known anybody who is suicidal either, but if I did, I would get them some much needed help.

Avatar image for wsgrandomperson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WSGRandomPerson

I'm one of those teenagers. It's normal thing I tend to go through on a weekly basis. Emotional days, and all that good shit. I started when i was around 13, and I am now 17. I still go through it.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BiggerBomb
Vaxadrin said:
"Well the rest of the world is usually 15 years behind America.  Eastern Europe still revels in 80's metal.  :P"

That's a bad thing? Rock never dies but it certainly can go comatose as it is here in the US. They don't have the Jonas Brothers and that's a good thing.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BiggerBomb
damedude said:
"my mate killed himself when we were 14, his mother had died and we were in the middle of our exams, so he couldnt cope with the pressure of life anymore.
but i managed to get through it, i now use that experience to get me through tougher times in my life."

That's terrible, but the whole"mate" term is something I don't understand. Was he your boyfriend or just a friend? In the US mate either means someone's gay partner or just a boyfriend/girlfriend in general. But I know that it's also used as a term for friend in the UK and AU.
damedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By damedude
BiggerBomb said:
"damedude said:
"my mate killed himself when we were 14, his mother had died and we were in the middle of our exams, so he couldnt cope with the pressure of life anymore.
but i managed to get through it, i now use that experience to get me through tougher times in my life."

That's terrible, but the whole"mate" term is something I don't understand. Was he your boyfriend or just a friend? In the US mate either means someone's gay partner or just a boyfriend/girlfriend in general. But I know that it's also used as a term for friend in the UK and AU."
oh no im from uk so i mean friend, im straight.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BiggerBomb
damedude said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"damedude said:

That's terrible, but the whole"mate" term is something I don't understand. Was he your boyfriend or just a friend? In the US mate either means someone's gay partner or just a boyfriend/girlfriend in general. But I know that it's also used as a term for friend in the UK and AU."
oh no im from uk so i mean friend, im straight."

Aight, thanks for the clarification.

That is really terrible, hopefully that isn't something that would screw your life up (not to make this about you.) A girl in my brother's grade when he was in highschool had a best friend that killed herself and the girl turned to drugs and has been a wreck ever since.

You can't let drag you down to the bottom of the barrel, so to speak.
damedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By damedude

BiggerBomb said:

"damedude said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"damedude said:

oh no im from uk so i mean friend, im straight."

Aight, thanks for the clarification.

That is really terrible, hopefully that isn't something that would screw your life up (not to make this about you.) A girl in my brother's grade when he was in highschool had a best friend that killed herself and the girl turned to drugs and has been a wreck ever since.

You can't let drag you down to the bottom of the barrel, so to speak."

its horrible to say, but the whole experience has helped in my life. a year after it,  i hated to think about it. but now, 3 years later, i use the memories to help through tougher times. but i hate it when exams began as it reminds me too much of that time. my life is now alot better than a couple of years ago, im going to college studying media and scriptwriting, while 2 years ago i wouldn't even leave my room.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jayge_

I pity them, and hate them at the same time. I feel their pain, and deal with clinical depression every day (and have been for 4 years); but where I find things, reasons *not* to be selfish (I love my family), they try to take it all away. Hurting themselves, and hurting even more the people who care about them. People with someone in the family who suicides are more likely to commit suicide themselves, or be heavily mentally affected. It's not pretty. Thankfully, most suicidal teenagers get help, or help themselves.

ajarbuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ajarbuckle

learn to deal with life, I mean lets think about it. If you want to commit suicide at 15 because you can't cope with something, what are you gonna do when you're 45 and having a mid-life crisis?

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Most suicidal teens give poor reasons for wanting to top themselves.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#43  Edited By OGCartman

Well, i think its just horrible, and its very very sad to think about.

People, like you and me going feeling that way every day, crying themselves to sleep. Till they finally deside they want to end their life....leaves their friends......and family........and life. Life is a fucking bitch.

None of my friends have commited suicide, if they ever said a word about it i would brake into their house, steal every sharp object, tape them to a chair and slap some fucking sence into them.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By suneku
Vaxadrin said:
"I think they'd better man up because life doesn't get any better after you graduate high school."
This.
Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By Warfare

I encourage it we need to thin out the herd.

damedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By damedude
Warfare said:
"I encourage it we need to thin out the herd."

thats such an immature thing to say!
Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Nude_Dude
damedude said:
"my friend killed himself when we were 14, his mother had died and we were in the middle of our exams, so he couldnt cope with the pressure of life anymore.

Woah, he killed himself because his mother died? That would just be too dumb, it's far worse for a parent to lose his or her child than for a child to lose his mother or father. He should have stood up to his feet and learn something from this, rather than suiciding.

Only if this was the reason.
damedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By damedude

Nude_Dude said:

"damedude said:
"my friend killed himself when we were 14, his mother had died and we were in the middle of our exams, so he couldnt cope with the pressure of life anymore.

Woah, he killed himself because his mother died? That would just be too dumb, it's far worse for a parent to lose his or her child than for a child to lose his mother or father. He should have stood up to his feet and learn something from this, rather than suiciding.

Only if this was the reason."

actually, there was another reason relating to his mothers death, but i wont go into details on it.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HandsomeDead

If people want to die, they may as well go for it. People say it's selfish but it's equally as selfish living an awful, hollow life just for other people. That being said, I think they should at least give themselves more of a chance that aged 14-15. Afterall, it wasn't until I turned 18 that my life went super shitty.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Warfare