Zune HD Price and Storage

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SimpsonFan

Ya, it's $250 for 16GB and more for 32GB. The 120GB is $250, I'm so getting that instead. Zune will now have movies on their marketplace.

Screw that price for that storage!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

it's $250 for the 16GB and it's also $250 for the 120GB?

Nat3TheGreat13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Nat3TheGreat13

I think he means $250 for 16gb Zune HD and $250 for the 120 gb for the Regular Zune

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60
@Nat3TheGreat13 said:
" I think he means $250 for 16gb Zune HD and $250 for the 120 gb for the Regular Zune "
Oh, makes sense.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Karmum
@SimpsonFan said:
" Ya, it's $250 for 16GB and more for 32GB. The 120GB is $250, I'm so getting that instead. Zune will now have movies on their marketplace.Screw that price for that storage! "
Big deal, 16GB iPod Touch is $299 I believe, so I'm saving $50 less for a better music player. If the 32GB is $350, I'm definitely buying that one. If you aren't big into the newest big "thing" or aesthetics, 120GB Zune for $250 is the way to go, in my opinion.

Edit - Do you have a link to the Zune HD 16GB model being $250? Just wondering.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike
@Karmum: How do you know the Zune HD is a better MP3 player than the iPod Touch...it isn't even out yet! Don't forget about apps and games, either. The iPod Touch is the best electronic device I've ever owned, and yes, I have had a Zune as well.

By the time the Zune HD comes out, there will be a price drop for the current iPod Touch 2g and rumor has it that Apple will be announcing a new Touch in September for release this fall. Make your comparisons then.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jayge_
@MB said:
" @Karmum: How do you know the Zune HD is a better MP3 player than the iPod Touch...it isn't even out yet! Don't forget about apps and games, either. The iPod Touch is the best electronic device I've ever owned, and yes, I have had a Zune as well.By the time the Zune HD comes out, there will be a price drop for the current iPod Touch 2g and rumor has it that Apple will be announcing a new Touch in September for release this fall. Make your comparisons then. "
As a music player the iPod Touch kind of sucks. Although, that's partially due to the touch screen, so the Zune HD is just as likely to have the same pitfalls of clumsy navigation and crap.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mike
@Jayge: Don't you own a Zune?
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_
@MB said:
" @Jayge: Don't you own a Zune? "
I own a Zune 80, a Creative Zen Vision: M 30, and a few other little doohickeys. My sister owns an iPod Touch 1st gen, my little brother owns an iPod touch 2nd gen, among other things.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mike

You're about the only person I've ever heard say that the iPod Touch sucks. Everyone else I know that owns one is completely in love with it, and for good reason.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sfighter21

my Zune is 30 Gs and that's all I need  *rhyme

Jew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Jew

What will you do with 120gb?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayge_
@MB said:
" You're about the only person I've ever heard say that the iPod Touch sucks. Everyone else I know that owns one is completely in love with it, and for good reason. "
I respect it as a whole, I just think that the music-playing aspect of it isn't up to par with other high-end devices (although it is in a class of its own, that it created itself :-/). As for the apps and all that, I may have a borderline fanatical dislike for Apple, but the quality is undeniable.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mike

Whats wrong with the quality? I have listened to the same files on my Zune and my Touch with the same high end Shure earbuds and I can't tell an appreciable difference.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolverine
@SimpsonFan: I have the 120 GB and when the Zune HD was announced I had regrets but now that the prices came out I am happy with my purchase. I would much rather have a 120 GB device than a 16 GB device with a touch screen any day.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Commando

My iPod doesn't play movies or pictures. It never has because it's the 2003 3rd generation 20 gig. It STILL plays music perfectly though. And for music, 20 gigs is PLENTY. 

I'd like to see a Zune be dropped, stepped on, sit in a hot car, and last over 6 years.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jayge_
@MB said:
" Whats wrong with the quality? I have listened to the same files on my Zune and my Touch with the same high end Shure earbuds and I can't tell an appreciable difference. "
Not necessarily the music quality, just the interface. I like physical interfaces because I can manipulate them without actually having to look at the device. The Touch's feels really clunky in comparison to my Zune's. That's pretty much it.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mike

That's true. One thing I miss about the Zune is being able to change tracks without looking at the device, but it's not a deal breaker or anything. At least the 2g Touch added hardware volume controls, I couldn't live without them really.

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Radar

$50 less than the equivalent iTouch, not bad. I would jump on that but a couple things are holding me back (still): 1) No established app store 2) No Mac support

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mike
@Radar said:
" $50 less than the equivalent iTouch, not bad. I would jump on that but a couple things are holding me back (still): 1) No established app store 2) No Mac support "
Keep in mind that Apple may drop the price of the existing 2g Touch just before the Zune HD comes out. Just you watch. That's my prediction, anyway.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolverine
@Radar said:
" $50 less than the equivalent iTouch, not bad. I would jump on that but a couple things are holding me back (still): 1) No established app store 2) No Mac support "
Yeah it is great that they at least made it cheaper than the iPod Touch of the same capacity. It has blown my mind over the years that Microsoft has priced Zune the same as Apple has priced iPod.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By JJWeatherman
@SimpsonFan:  Yeah screw the price but you gotta pay for all the other high tech stuff in there too, like the OLED display for example. I just hope the 32GB is $280. I may still buy it if it's $300, but anything higher and I'll just say screw it.
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By choffy21
@MB: I'm tired of my iPhone. It's cool when it's not yours and you just play around with it and even cooler for the first two months but after that, there's no reason to have one.

That's why I'm taking my money to the HTC Hero when my contract expires in December. Hopefully T-Mobile USA follows T-Mobile UK and brings it over here. I don't want to switch networks.
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By Osaladin

I still don't get the big difference between Zune and iPod. Anyone care to explain it to me?

BlazBleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlazBleu
@CL60: The 16GB is flash memory while the 120GB has a spinning disc in there. So whatever floats your boat...
SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By SimpsonFan