• 116 results
Avatar image for goodenoughforme
GoodEnoughForMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

This would be no fun. I strongly suggest getting a group together and trying a 6 same character strategy. If nothing else, it is hilarious. I've done it with Winston, Torb, Mercy (lol), Soldier, McCree, and more. It makes for a fun game and one that can be infuriating to play against.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I disagree, but that's because I believe in freedom of choice. The game is rock/paper/scissors, so denying someone the ability to be the paper to an opponent's rock seems kind of pointless. Moreover, if you are playing in public, then you should expect that it can happen and move on. It is not ranked play at all. If it is honestly that much of an issue and an annoyance, then find other people to party up with that aren't going to double up on the picks with you.

I've seen plenty of times where two Genjis or two Widowmakers or two Bastions or two Torbjorns or two Zenyattas played out pretty well on a team. It's part of the strategy IMO.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I only briefly managed to be part of an All-Genji team (also I'm terrible with Genji). It was hilarious, and after a few minutes the entire enemy team went full Winston and destroyed us. Eventually some of the others changed (those dang quitters) and we stopped being all Genji but it was great while it lasted.

Closest I've gotten since then was 4 Mei which was also hilarious. Walls everywhere. Don't think we won that one either.

mrasshat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah it's good as it is, let people just play whatever they find fun, maybe add it to the competitive mode for people who take videogaming more seriously, i like how you can encounter random six roadhog teams and silly shit like that, it leads to some intresting strategies and just plain dumb fun.

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would like a mode where you can't double pick, nor change characters. Maybe even with a draft type setup. I was fine enough with the multiple characters in the years I played TF2, but this game... I just am not anymore. Maybe it is something about them being characters instead of classes [which is silly, as they characters may as well be "classes"] or maybe it is moba stuff that rubbed off on me [I have always hated mirror matches in moba games]. To me in these character games a lot of the fun is constructing a team and a strategy in the team construction.

My view of spam swapping classes is probably less popular of an opinion.... I personally when playing overwatch stick with one character for any match I play to enforce this rule on myself. The strategy of going into a menu and picking a different character to counter a strategy of the other team is uninteresting to me. It also renders so many strategies unplayable, and leads to the same team makeup strategies in every game.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont see it too much actaully.

I did really like the random character even they did last week because it did make people try different characters.

I feel there is 5 or so chracters that barely anyone chooses which is a bummer.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By sasnake

Easiest way to fix this is to do what they did with Heroes of the Storm, even if they leave it as its own seperate thing, and that is to lock in your character and THEN the game matches you up with people, that way the match finding creates teams using unique characters locked in.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do this and watch the community turn toxic

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even the suggestion of this being in the game is making me see red, one of the main causes in flaming in mobas is character/role denying someone, the swap in and out whoever you please mechanic makes the community way more relaxed because if you're having a shit game you can just switch your character so people get less frustrated playing as and with a certain character in a shitty situation. Anything that would restrict that in anyway would make the game more stressfum

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasnake: This, unfortunately, does not work with Overwatch. A huge part of the game is responding to what the other team is doing by switching characters.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Now that I've got dozens of hours on both PC and PS4, it's turned into a non-issue.

Now the weekly tournaments are using a single character system and it's honestly more boring that when they had a 2 character limit.

chen_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By chen_96

I have played a handful of games with more than 3 players with the same character and I had more fun in those games than i had with regular ones (I have played around 250 games). In fact what I dislike the most when i play in those games is when a player in the team non-stop complains about how we are not taking it seriously or how we are wasting his time.

I would be fine with only having one character per team in ranked but definitely not in Quick Play 'cause it's sometimes fun to do dumb shit.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113  Edited By viking_funeral

@bradbrains: I'm trying to think of what I rarely see, and I'm not coming up with any characters. Then again, I often play Zarya amd Winston (both so strong) and rarely see others pick them, so maybe that's why I can't think of many.

Zen? He's rare, but I still run into him.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bradbrains: I'm trying to think of what I rarely see, and I'm not coming up with any characters. Then again, I often play Zarya amd Winston (both so strong) and rarely see others pick them, so maybe that's why I can't think of many.

Zen? He's rare, but I still run into him.

yea I dont think I never see a certain charcter but id say zen zarya, winston and Dva are used the least by far.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I think they should ban double picking for ranked, but allow it for casual modes. I think a mode with MOBAesque character picking/banning would be a cool addition.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I have no problem with this in competitive play, honestly. I hope they do it.