PS4 Pro Audio Issues

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Hey guys, I'm wondering if other folks are having this problem with the PS4 Pro version of Fallen Order or if there might be something wrong with my setup. As soon as I started the game, the sound started cutting in and out while the game kept moving forward. I have heard some people note audio desync issues, but this was more like the sound was dropping in and out. No other game on my PS4 does this. It happened throughout that opening area and was so irritating I stopped playing before I even got out of the tutorial.

Is anyone else having this problem? I haven't seen this specific problem noted online yet.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The game doesn't run well but I've had no audio issues on PS4 Pro, have you tried playing on another TV?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hah, never mind. I fixed it. So I have a 5.1 home theater set up where I play games. In the PlayStation menu, you need to adjust the sound output to 5.1 rather than 7.1 upon initial set up. Jedi Fallen Order also has an option to switch to 5.1. I switched it in the game, but for some reason the PlayStation had reverted back to 7.1. So I was losing sound when the game was sending sound to the extra two speakers I didn’t have in my system. Which also means I guess the console level audio preferences override what you put in the game.

Anyway, I switched it back to 5.1 across the board and it seems to be working now.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it’s mostly fixed. I’m still running into hitches here and there but I’m thinking it’s more the game than something in my setup. It’s certainly much less irritating now.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last update? I watched the Digital Foundry video on the game and it looks like the game has a problem streaming in data. I'm wondering if that might be why the game is having problems running on my stock PS4 Pro hard drive (I have the digital copy of the game). I had a new bug, that others noticed, wherein the audio went out of sync with the video in a cutscene. Hopefully they can fix the streaming issue in a patch.