Which superheroes do you want to get their own game?

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

Some folks are trying out the Avengers beta, and Rocksteady finally announced their Suicide Squad Game. But, both are ensembles with (presumably) a half-dozen-plus characters. I think the most successful hero games focus on one playable character and fully flesh them out. Putting aside concerns of budget and popularity, which hero would you love to play as in their own game? This could include characters that were once in a game, but doing it "right" this time. Some of my favorites include Daredevil and Nightcrawler, who both have great potential for fun movement systems. I'm also a big fan of Ms. Marvel - it would be awesome if a game more fully explored everything she can do with her powers, as well as her extended cast.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Back in the day I really liked the first hour of that Wolverine game. The system of his body getting disintegrated before your very eyes as he took damage was really cool and worked well within the lore of the character. If they just built a proper game around this that would be awesome because that first level in the jungle was pretty neat and then everything afterwards ...ooooof.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Arm-Fall-Off Boy

Being able to detach limbs and use them as weapons? Now that's what the 20's need.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

After John Wick survived the end of Chapter 3, he's clearly superhuman if not a superhero. I'll take a game that incorporates a Batman-like combat system, except Batman does use guns and the brains go splat while the High Table will remember you did that.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I've always been a fan of She-Hulk...
... I won't lie and tell you its because of her gripping stories, i've never read a comic in my life, but i do like the sass and confidence she gets when she transforms, it's the refined version of Hulk.

If they add her to Avengers i'll pick it up
If they add her to Avengers i'll pick it up

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say again a Silver Surfer game could be rad with the right treatment. Think of all the amazing space rendering technology that's been on display these last few years. Stuff like Everspace, Rebel Galaxy, Shipbreaker, Elite Dangerous, X4, heck Outer Wilds. So most of the action bits will be a super slick space sim. But better still would be an open ended narrative experience that explores the weirdness of Marvel's cosmic stuff. Make unique planets and/or planetary systems with unique narrative hooks to do space missions. Certain planets will involve the Kree/Skrull conflict, certain Elders of the Universe will enact plots on others, sometimes you may have interactions with Celestials and the In-Betweener. Much like Mass Effect, not all celestial bodies will have unique story content attached them obviously. But those will exist mainly to divert Galactus' doom counter until you complete the quest lines that you want. You may have to make hard decisions on what story threads to cut off prematurely to fulfill that hunger. I imagine the ultimate goal will be finding a way to stop Galactus if at all, but there are other directions you could take it I suppose and treat the big G like the force of nature he's meant to be.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I wouldn't mind Daredevil tbh. I feel like, if you wanted to go bold with it you could dedicate a good portion of the game to actually being a lawyer and trying to solve cases legitimately. Giving you the freedom on who and when you decide to punish mixed in with some sort of pseudo nemesis system for bigger named baddies? Sure it could work. Can only do the crime fighting combat stuff at night as well. You could probably get away with using a Batman inspired combat system in something like that if that were the case too, given that it wouldn't be the only part of the game.

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

I wouldn't say no to a John Constantine game, with a focus on occult detective mystery gameplay rather than straight up combat.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mezmero said:

I'll say again a Silver Surfer game could be rad with the right treatment. Think of all the amazing space rendering technology that's been on display these last few years. Stuff like Everspace, Rebel Galaxy, Shipbreaker, Elite Dangerous, X4, heck Outer Wilds. So most of the action bits will be a super slick space sim. But better still would be an open ended narrative experience that explores the weirdness of Marvel's cosmic stuff. Make unique planets and/or planetary systems with unique narrative hooks to do space missions. Certain planets will involve the Kree/Skrull conflict, certain Elders of the Universe will enact plots on others, sometimes you may have interactions with Celestials and the In-Betweener. Much like Mass Effect, not all celestial bodies will have unique story content attached them obviously. But those will exist mainly to divert Galactus' doom counter until you complete the quest lines that you want. You may have to make hard decisions on what story threads to cut off prematurely to fulfill that hunger. I imagine the ultimate goal will be finding a way to stop Galactus if at all, but there are other directions you could take it I suppose and treat the big G like the force of nature he's meant to be.

But there's already a Silver Surfer game

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: Right, the NES game...eh, they could do better.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of those shit British ones we had when they needed 10 minutes to fill on kid's TV. Super Ted or Bananaman. Or a crossover between the two.

Or make a game out of Woof. Somehow.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Green Lantern: Imagine a system where you could build your own 3D constructs out of simple pieces, program their behavior, and then share them online.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Hellboy count?

Because Hellboy.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

I don't know if they technically "qualify" as super heroes...but I want a good TMNT game. We haven't had one since Turtles in Time and Hyperstone Heist...which was damn near 30 years ago almost.

Cameron_Friend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyduck: I always thought a Mark of the Ninja follow up would work well as a TMNT game, a la Cadence of Hyrule. Each of the turtles could be the different costumes and playstyles. Plus, Klei’s art style would definitely work with the comic book aesthetic.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I need more caped crusader games, but if you take a game like Control and make it about Dr Doom instead .... ^_^

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman could be interesting since you can get characters from Greek myth in there. That and she isn't quite as indestructible as Superman. Still incredibly strong; but she doesn't wield those bracelets and sometimes a shield for no reason. If anything the scope of her powers is a bit more flexible as that has been known to shift between various representations (movies, comics, animated movies, Justice League Unlimited). There's a bit more potential for upgrades to abilities and gear, too.

I also like the idea of Silver Surfer. I'm not a huge fan of the Marvel universe, but there are exceptions. Silver Surfer falls under that exception, especially as he is so easily removed from the rest of the Marvel Universe to just do his own thing out there in space. Plus, a Galactus boss fight could be (COULD be...) a great spectacle.

I like the idea of a game based upon on The Question. There's a character with minimal baggage, though his lack of popularity among the public at large may be a knock against that ever coming to pass. Still, I like the character, and the idea of something less traditional by superhero standards (or, I suppose, crime fighter in this instance).

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By The_Ruiner
Loading Video...

I want to create my own. I want an action rpg with a really good character editor and power system that's on par with Champions Online's level of flexibility.

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame: I'm with you, I love She-Hulk, though honestly a lot of that is because of the comics. (Her's was one of the first I ever remember buying as a kid. Spider-Man on the cover, a giant green lady, five year old me knew this must be awesome.) She was Deadpool before Deadpool! Plus I always loved the dichotomy of her being a super-strong ass-kicker along with being a lawyer. If there was a way to combine the two in a game, like a third-person action game with Phoenix Wright courtroom battles sprinkled in, that would be perfect.

Most of my other choices would be more obscure, not because I'm too cool for school but because most of the big name superheroes already have multiple games devoted to them. Starman, Deadman, Doom Patrol, Adam Strange. But I would really love to see a solid Fantastic Four game too, they've never gotten much of the spotlight outside of a terrible PS1 game.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's definitely Dogwelder's time to shine.

No Caption Provided

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By hermes

Justice League Dark has some interesting characters that can be part of their own game or in an ensemble game like Suicide Squad, but they need to be bolder with the genres.

• John Constantine could work as an detective adventure game, like LA Noire or Sherlock Holmes.
  • Deadman could work as a puzzle/stealth game where you have to possess people with different abilities to complete objectives, like Stacking or Messiah
  • Etrigan could work as an character action adventure game set in medieval times.
  • Swamp Thing could work as an RTS or X4 where you control the green.
  • Madame Xanadu could work on a card building game, like Hand of Fate or Slay the Spire.

You get the idea...

The problem with most ensemble games is that they, mostly, go to action adventure games where Harley Quinn fights with a mallet and Katana fights with a sword, Captain Cold shoots ice, Diablo shoots fire and Deadshot shoots bullets, Killer Croc and Solomon Grundy are the bulky types... just a handful archetypes to fit the characters in with little change. I would much rather have several games with limited scope with distinct personalities than an attempt at a tie-in with AAA budget and generic gameplay in which different characters get crammed in.

PurpleUrkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d love a great Aquaman game. Underwater hasn’t (to my knowledge) been done before in any other superhero game and it’s a locale the AAA industry hasn’t worn down yet.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not necessarily a superhero, but I'd love to see a good Judge Dredd game.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Wanna see some Valiant-verse characters get video games, especially Ninjak, Bloodshot, and (for laughs) Quantum & Woody.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By BaneFireLord

A Cosmic Ghost Rider character action game from Platinum.

A Pikmin-style Squirrel Girl game with, like, a bajillion squirrels to do your bidding.

We've had a ton of Batman games, but I'd still really love to see an ambitious, fully-realized open Gotham game starting with the events of Year One and then spanning a decade or so with less focus on combat and more focus on detective work and stealth and logistics and building up your reputation. Basically LA Noire but with Batman.

phonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By phonz
No Caption Provided

If there could be a proper Spawn game, I would be happy! The SNES game was OK, but it got so damn difficult midway into that game. And there was some obvious lack of attention to enemy AI. Watching them kill-themselves over and over when jumping off buildings on the first level always left me questioning "Why?".

No Caption Provided

Moon Knight game would be interesting as well. It could dive into his psychological disorders.

No Caption Provided

Or maybe something a little more strange and fun, like Plastic Man. Oooh, or Shazam!

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

I feel like most my picks have been mentioned. Daredevil with a Batman: Arkham style game. Wonder Woman in a character action game. Iron Man seems like an obvious choice for a third person shooter. I also like the idea someone had of a Pikmin style Squirrel Girl game. You could do something similar with Ant Man but also have levels where you are giant as a pallet cleanser. I think the problem with a lot of heroes is making their powers fun gameplay. Fantastic Four I think could work as a puzzle game where you have to use each member’s powers to overcome obstacles, but I don’t think any publisher would green light a super hero puzzle game. You would probably have to agree to have the Thing do fighting sections while you solved puzzles with the other three.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By theonewhoplays

Ms Marvel (current version). Personality-wise she's basically a more light-hearted teenage Spider-Man. Her crazy morphing powers could give her some nice mobility but also some good brawling abilities. I'd like the game to be basically 'Bully', but with super powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c9cd27110b7
deactivated-63c9cd27110b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil! There was a PS2 version knocking about ages ago which I really wanted to play but it never came out.

I think a game could make the radar sense look really unique, although it might just end up looking like every other version of "detective vision".

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I came here to say "give me a fun goofy Plastic Man game" and it warms my heart to see him already mentioned!

Hellboy had a game (Science of Evil) and it remains one of my most hated times in a video game, ever; however I hate-finished it just to be able to scream at my TV "you can't beat me, game – I beat YOU" and have my partner look at me like I'm deranged.