So this is coming out on consoles in a week, anyone excited?

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not sure what it is, but the whole vibe around this game seems a bit...dead.

I know the PC release didn't exactly set the world on fire the way Bethesda was probably hoping for, but I figure since this is the only ES game that'll hit consoles for quite a while, there'd be at least some sort of buzz.

There was a closed beta a while back that had some positive reception on GAF, but besides that, things about this game just seem a bit too quiet. Perhaps launching in between The Witcher and Batman wasn't the greatest idea.

I myself being a console player, I have basically no experience with MMOs, but if this plays like some sort of ES + Destiny hybrid, I'd totally consider hoping aboard.

NinjaPartTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a little excited about it. I haven't decided to get it yet, though. I'm going to wait and see what the buzz around it is like after it comes out. I was in a few of the different beta tests for the PC version originally and thought it was alright then but got annoyed by a few bugs that prevented me from progressing the storyline quests. They recently had an event that allowed old beta testers to come back and try it again and I played it for about 2 hours and then moved on. I actually like the story and the voice acting is good. The different environments are nice and the combat is good too. The main issue was I knew it was coming to console and I was spoiled by playing Final Fantasy 14 (another MMO) on PS4 and PC with a PS4 controller, so I decided to wait. I sometimes check reddit and the one for this game is active.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Not so much excited as I am mildly intrigued. I've been hearing more and more good things about it ever since they dropped the sub fee so I'm interested to see how well the console versions are received.

Either way, I'd be lying if I said I'd pick it up any time soon considering I'm deep into FFXIV at the moment and the first expansion for that game comes out two weeks after this. If it was something like $30 then maybe I'd pick it up at launch just for the hell of it, but $60 is a bit much for something I'll barely touch for the first 3+ months following release.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

I'm glad that console gamers are at least getting something else to play. That's cool, especially for those people who don't have gaming PCs or any other way to play MMO-type games.

$60 seems like a lot to ask, though. I'm talking about the PC version here. Even with no subscription fee, $60 for this game is a lot to swallow. Especially when other subscription-free MMOs like Guild Wars 2 can be had for under $20, and it offers way more content and has a much larger, more active community compared to ESO.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

no sir I am not

but hey if you are , more power to you.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am for sure. The game has evolved for the better quite a bit since its launch on pc last year. Been watching a few streams and it looks great. There are some questions still, but it should be fun to play with my X1 friends this summer and beyond hopefully.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it still a monthly fee? If so, then no won't be checking it out. Played the beta on pc and it was fine but not worth any kind of fee.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not, not one tiny bit.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Sure. I saw enough open beta coverage to know I want to play this. It's not exactly what I want from an Elder Scrolls game, but with no sub fee, I'm intrigued.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it wasn't $60 i'd probably pick it up, it looks... Interesting, at least.

But I just bought The Witcher 3 last week and i'll be getting Batman by the end of the month.. so No Sale!

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: No fee, when they announced console version they dropped the monthly price.

I'll definitely get it eventually, kind of excited. I tried ff14 realm reborn trial last year and thought that loked lovely. I want to make a character and get lost, from what ive seen, missions are meh.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've been playing this on PC since it came to Steam a couple of months ago, and I must say, I'm really enjoying it.

On a surface level, it looks like a completely standard MMO (and in many ways, it is), but some of the systems have some really interesting nuances that you don't typically see. I've lost count of the amount of times I've said to myself 'Oh, I wasn't expecting that!'

The cash store is also more 'ethical' (I don't like to use that word in this context, but I can't be bothered to think of an alternative) than you'll see in most games of this nature. No experience buffs, no loot. It's mostly cosmetic stuff that in many cases is available within the game.

I wont go into excessive detail (unless some of you are interested), but I would say if you like MMOs, it's definitely worth some investigation. For my money, it's much more interesting than FFIV, it's only real competitor on consoles.

I'm glad I finally gave it a go anyway.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#13 chaser324  Moderator

I eagerly await it going free-to-play, trying it out for a few hours, and then never thinking about it ever again.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Not really. I really have a sour feeling after several years of really janky Bethesda games. They just don't have my trust and I really see now reason to support them unless they do much much better.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, easily the most boring MMO I've ever played.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bigdaddy81

Me, my gf, and a few of my friends are picking this up for the PS4. We're all relatively new to the MMO thang and are looking forward to playing this.

Played a bit of FF14, enough to realize that I don't hate the genre, but couldn't quite get invested due to the subscription fee and a general lack of interest in the Final Fantasy world. But everything I've seen of ESO looks like I should enjoy it for what it is and I don't have enough MMO experience to hate the game for what is isn't. Guess ignorance is bliss.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played the beta and really didn't like it at the time.

When I heard it was going F2P, I grabbed a $15 copy off Amazon over the winter and sat on it. When it went free to play, I gave it a shot, thought it was allright, and got a copy on Steam for my girlfriend.

We've been having a good time exploring and hunting together. She loves crafting in MMO's, and I think she's obsessed with ESO for its crafting. Not everything binds on equip, so you can transfer loot between characters. Your bank is shared by your account. The pay store needs more stuff. There's no pay to win, but there's also very few cosmetic items, either.

We're not high level or anything, but at level 20, it's still pretty fun.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am very excited! I know it's not the best MMO or the best Elder Scrolls game, but everything I have seen looks interesting enough and the lack of subscription fee makes it all the better.

NinjaPartTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NinjaPartTime

I ended up pre-ordering it a few days ago. I wanted to come back and share some links that I have found.

Live Console Demo @ 49:00 - Shows and explains many of the changes made to the console version. I thought it all sounded and looked nice except for the lack of text chat. No text chat is a real bummer.

Visual Comparison of Starting Areas - This one is useful if you can't decide which faction to pick. You're going to be spending a lot of time in these early areas and if you pre-ordered / have the explorer's pack, then you can play any race in any faction and the faction you choose is what determines where you start.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up pre-ordering it a few days ago. I wanted to come back and share some links that I have found.

Live Console Demo @ 49:00 - Shows and explains many of the changes made to the console version. I thought it all sounded and looked nice except for the lack of text chat. No text chat is a real bummer.

Visual Comparison of Starting Areas - This one is useful if you can't decide which faction to pick. You're going to be spending a lot of time in these early areas and if you pre-ordered / have the explorer's pack, then you can play any race in any faction and the faction you choose is what determines where you start.

Thanks for posting these.

I've got my copy pre-loaded and ready for midnight. Going in blind is not something I usually do with game purchases, but I figure there's been enough good word on the PC side that Zenimax has turned the ship around on the supposedly not-so-great launch product. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

babblerock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By babblerock

The buzz on this game is like an AC on low. Feel like if this were a thing worth looking into, I woulda heard something about this or that, some crazy raid boss, some dwemer revelation, a nutty daedric quest where everyone turns into a pig. Havent heard a thing, I imagine because they took no chances at all and made the safest game possible. No thanks.

MrWakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it on the PC... so no. None of the issues I had are likely to be addressed by the console release, so maybe some people will enjoy it but it will not be I.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is going to be a depressing launch.

IceNDice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This definitely should excite console gamers who enjoy the elder scrolls series. However I am not the biggest fan of ESO and I haven't played Oblivion or Skyrim yet, just Morrowind. Anyways hopefully the sales are good so then they can get on making ES 6 after Fallout 4 :D

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I'm definitely pumped to play it. I've never played an mmo but I'm well versed I oblivion and skyrim. So many people love those types of games and I'm curious. To quote Vinny "I need to know, I just need to know!" Large world size and the fact I can roleplay a clothier and alchemist and talk to dudes appeals to me. I'm gonna hold off for about a week after release, just to see if its broken or not. Next is guilds, wtf is a guild?

paulithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yep got it pre loaded and ready to go. Im all for a console elder scrolls esque rpg mmo

Im on xbox one - paulithon if anyone wants to hit me up at launch and play

think im going for the nord,dark elf,argonian alliance side

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone is creating a Giant Bomb guild on PS4 I'd be up for joining.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a duder who created NA guild LUCHADEER CRUSADERS, which is an awesome name. Its for PC. I wish I could link but I'm on phone.

Brad2theBone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Brad2theBone

@chaser324: its not going free to play... its buy to play now.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I tried the game out again when they offered a free weekend for PC-beta players. It just doesn't feel like elder scrolls to me. Having people sprinting around cities, sometimes riding insane animals, really took me out of the experience. I'm sure it would be much better with friends, but I won't be picking it up.

Also, I have no experience with MMO's, but the fact you could run a dungeon during a quest and every single chest or lootable item was already looted by other players was a real kick in the dick.

babblerock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By babblerock

@nickhead said:

I tried the game out again when they offered a free weekend for PC-beta players. It just doesn't feel like elder scrolls to me. Having people sprinting around cities, sometimes riding insane animals, really took me out of the experience. I'm sure it would be much better with friends, but I won't be picking it up.

Also, I have no experience with MMO's, but the fact you could run a dungeon during a quest and every single chest or lootable item was already looted by other players was a real kick in the dick.

That has the potential to happen yeah. FF14's solution is it recognizes your class and if the item in the chess isnt something for your class you have to dice roll for it. You still have those people who've run the dungeon a dozen times and they're going to roll for every chess, even if they're overleveled and probably dont need the item themselves (to sell on the market). First come first serve in an MMO is just bullshit, the person who needs upgrades the least can get to everything first. Sounds like this game isnt looking close enough at MMO economies and making something that works. I've yet to play an MMO that was free to play (after initial purchase) that had a working economy. They're all broken because they want to "reward" people who choose to pay more for some higher tier membership and remind people who arent paying more what they're missing. Which is more repellant than just asking for a monthly fee, for me at least. I couldnt finish SWTOR because it kept constantly reminding me what people who payed a monthly fee were getting that Im not. Its just gross, ask for a monthly fee or be all the way free dont create grades of user.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nah. It looked dead on arrival on PC. I've been deep on FF14. Expansion coming next week so that'll be awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yup! Xbox One. Looking forward to it. Missed it on PC, and I have a group getting together to give the game an earnest shot on consoles.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the game doesn't work and Sony won't give me a refund.

Great start.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great start.

How is it Sony's fault? It's not their servers that are causing the issue.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius said:
@mustainium said:

Great start.

I purchased a product from them, and it doesn't work. Therefore, I should get my money back.

That's how it works literally anywhere else.

GhostHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

If you're looking for a multiplayer Skyrim experience...DO NOT buy this game. Save your money. It is nothing but a very average themepark mmo with some Elder Scrolls series landmarks here and there.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Not at all. In a world littered with mediocre MMOs, Elder Scrolls is perhaps the most mediocre of them all.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zirilius

@zirilius said:
@mustainium said:

Great start.

I purchased a product from them, and it doesn't work. Therefore, I should get my money back.

That's how it works literally anywhere else.

Except if you've created a zenimax account and used your key it doesn't. No retail store I've ever been too will let you return an opened game. Especially an MMO.

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely will give it a shot eventually - but I've been sucked back into FF14. With expansion coming in couple of weeks...its going to be a while before I will buy.

I actually think game looks fun.

Not the worst thing to wait and let the console game get any potential launch issues resolved first (at least that is what I am telling myself).

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius:

There is no retail key...

At least I got the game to work though, so all is well, for now anyway

GrimNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They offered a console key plus character copy to existing users a month or two back which was pretty cool. Either way, It'll be another multiplayer option on consoles which is cool.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, you could do worse, I guess. As long as you don't expect a real Elder Scrolls game.

It's pretty fun with friends (at least on PC). It does have some weird performance issues since the last couple of patches there and the PVP never really worked that well for me. I'd say get it for 30 bucks if you can get a deal!