The Witcher 3 Delayed Until May

• 164 results
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I don't have a problem when a game is delayed to give it some polish and weed out the bugs. What troubles me is when a game is delayed three to six months and it turns out to be a buggy mess. What's the point then?

Still, this postponement doesn't bother me.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@paraparaking: it's almost like they care more about the quality of their games more than hitting arbitrary deadlines even though it will cost their company way more money in the end.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 24

Well, at least it's still 2015, summer 2015 no less.

rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blurienh: you know you can cancel preorders right?

orbital667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I just pre-ordered the game a few days ago, so I'm not terribly thrilled about this announcement. I feel downright abused by the game industry after the last few major releases... Watchdogs, Farcry 4, Lords of the Fallen, Advanced Warfare, all of them were (and some still are) broken beyond playability on an i7 960 3.2GHz w/ 12gb triple channel 1866 and an evga gtx980 sc, running on raid1 evo pro ssds ( i realize the x58 bottlenecks it, but it's redlined which is all i care about :) ) and there is just NO excuse for that.

This being said, I have absolute faith that CDProjekt will knock this thing out of the park, and they've never done me wrong in the past... so I support their decision in the end. It's infinitely preferable to being made to pay for the privilege of beta testing someone else's defective product.

complex_nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't be happier, I'm tired of broken games.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More time to save up for that SLI folks!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ripelivejam

good on them for nipping the internet hate-a-thon in the bud with a tactful apology letter up front (though nowadays i'm not sure even that will quell the rage in some). like others i agree this is good news and i still need to finish witcher 2 anyway.

DevourerOfTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

OH THANK GOD

I was worried this was going to interfere with school. This is PERFECT!

Midgetforsale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By Midgetforsale

Dammit. Bloodborne dealyed. Witcher delayed. What am I supposed to play the first half of the year!?

Darkhollow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Darkhollow

Well..of course I am sad that I won't be playing this in February and this is one of my most anticipated games of 2015. On the flip side less bugs are better I guess so there's that.

I'm also of the opinion that they should of just focused all efforts on the PC version first (since the PC crowd is the majority of their fanbase) and then after that is out of the gate to work on making the console version the best it can be (like they did with Witcher 2) so that no compromise in quality would happen to the PC version. Alas, this probably won't happen and it will be as I said directing and splitting the teams to work on all 3 versions at the same time which will no doubt change or even downgrade the beautiful graphics that they have showcased thus far in previous trailers (Sword of Destiny and VGX).

I am still hoping to be wrong with this that the Elder Blood trailer was just the console versions and that the PC version is intact because why downgrade a PC version when there is limitless resources that can be allocated to look the best there is (also them being pro PC as well..as this franchise first two games came on PC first). Because let's be honest now I don't think they wanna false advertise to people to show the PC version and then the game not even looking the same as it did in the trailers then get another Watch Dogs E3 2012 debacle on their heads. The current gen's hardware is not as powerful as many people think so no need to sugar coat it.

CDPR is the only company I have full faith in that they will deliver so waiting a few months extra for a better game is the best choice in all of this.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Nags

@meptron said:

sounds good. I love not-broken games.

@hammondoftexas said:

All games should be delayed until finished.

Quoted for my sentiments exactly.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#114  Edited By korolev

Take the time you need - get it done right. Don't pull a Ubisoft.

FrostyHerpiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CD projekt red, I respect you guys. Not only coming forth and saying hey we got some problems lets fix it, but then apologizing for it. These other companies don't apologize until they games already out.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. Finish the game up and not release the game in a hot mess state. We can wait. Or, at least I can.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tychoid said:

I'm honestly kind of surprised that people are so hyped for this. Witcher 2 was kind of not a great game, aside from the environments. The combat and interface were so unbelievably awful.... and there were loading segments almost every 50 feet. I hope this one does better.

Maybe its just people who never played much of Witcher 2 that are hyped for this?

That's some authoritative language for a sentiment that 90% of the people who have played The Witcher 2 would vehemently disagree with.

It's a shame you didn't like The Witcher 2, but let's not pretend anything you stated is popular opinion. The Witcher 2 is beloved by fans and was a massive critical hit. You don't have to like it, but don't act like it's some shock people are looking forward to the next one. You know better.

Kane_233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cried when I heard this. It was a mixed emotion - one of joy/elation and the other of profound sadness.

DTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paraparaking: it's almost like they care more about the quality of their games more than hitting arbitrary deadlines even though it will cost their company way more money in the end.

It's always about the money. The stakes are incredibly high for the company and a poor reception would be disastrous. They're not Bethesda. People aren't going to rush out and buy The Witcher 3 like they absolutely will for the next Elder Scrolls. Critical reception is going to matter. How good the game is will matter. It's the only thing that will build critical hype.

CD Projekt Red needs to nail this game, because all this good will they've garnered can be lost instantly if hyped passion turns to anger. They're not exactly a storied developer with a long history. They make the Witcher games.

One of them was really good.

rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dts said:
@rollingzeppelin said:

It's always about the money. The stakes are incredibly high for the company and a poor reception would be disastrous. They're not Bethesda. People aren't going to rush out and buy The Witcher 3 like they absolutely will for the next Elder Scrolls. Critical reception is going to matter. How good the game is will matter. It's the only thing that will build critical hype.

CD Projekt Red needs to nail this game, because all this good will they've garnered can be lost instantly if hyped passion turns to anger. They're not exactly a storied developer with a long history. They make the Witcher games.

One of them was really good.

Sure, that's the cynical way of looking at it.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh good! FROM software here I come.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By tuxfool

Sure, that's the cynical way of looking at it.

Well, in the statement they pretty much say exactly that :

"When we release the most important game in our studio's history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly."

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Ezekiel

@hammondoftexas said:

All games should be delayed until finished.

Yeah, but you shouldn't specify a release date until you're pretty certain. This pisses me off. I know why they do it. They want to generate hype as early as possible. But I feel toyed with and won't be pre-ordering anymore.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great. Works out better as my semester will be over around the time it's released now.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel: you totally shouldn't. You should never pre-order games, full stop.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Maybe I'll have a computer that can run it by then. I'd rather not play it on PS4, with my file for 2 being on PC.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tuxfool said:

@ezekiel: you totally shouldn't. You should never pre-order games, full stop.

As a general rule, I agree. I was considering pre-ordering for the exclusives and 20 percent off.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well at least they are candid about it, gotta appreciate that

Tychoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Tychoid

Do you not remember the endless radial menus? The equipment screen was even a radial. It was everything PC gamers hate about having to deal with console menus, and worse. And there were "loading doors" literally every 50 feet except outdoors. Sometimes even within 10 feet of eachother. And the largest outdoor environment was maybe the size of a football field. All the combat was rolling. That's it.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The news sucks but as always, if a delay means a better game then so be it. On the bright side, I get more time with Dragon Age and Bloodborne until May.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#131  Edited By Samaritan

I think 2014 has become the year where I began to cheer at the news of games being delayed. This is only good news. Bloodborne, Pillars of Eternity, now this, glad all of these games are getting extra time in the proverbial oven if they needed it.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I am 100% ok with this, The Witcher 2 is fantastic. This will be an Epic.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#134  Edited By Zurv

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darn. aw well. whatever, take your time. Ill replay witcher 2, I have a replaythrough in progress but ive been playing too much other stuff to give it much love

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel: Thats the risk, you get a discount because of it. Granted, this preorder is a much sweeter deal than the usual in game item BS.

rawa29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how it is supposed to be. If they need more time, they should take more time. it would break my fragile little heart if this came out buggy/broken.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tychoid said:

I'm honestly kind of surprised that people are so hyped for this. Witcher 2 was kind of not a great game, aside from the environments. The combat and interface were so unbelievably awful.... and there were loading segments almost every 50 feet. I hope this one does better.

Maybe its just people who never played much of Witcher 2 that are hyped for this?

I feel like you're talking about Skyrim and not the Witcher 2 because the latter was an awesome fucking game and the former was more Bethesda nonsense.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather wait to play a finished game than have an unfinished one pushed out the door.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By John1912

@tychoid said:

Wat? 50 feet? Were you playing on consoles? Because the majority of areas were quite large, with no loading. I havent played it since it was out, but the UI also sounds like you were playing on a console. The combat combat could use improvement, and I hope it is improved but it was not bad, just not great by any means.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that's not bad news to me; gives me more time to finish the Witcher 2 and more time for the game to be polished. :D

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Sweet, my birthday.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

If it means we get a working game that is less buggy and glitchy than....any other game that came out for current gen this year im happy for them to take the extra time. Seriously, its been pretty atrocious up until now.

zladko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By zladko

Gives me more time to upgrade my GPU and power supply, at least.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zenmastah: ze crossfire, in my case :(

doesnt matter, the more GPUs you can throw at the game, the better =)

Avatar image for deactivated-63da6af5022c5
deactivated-63da6af5022c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck yes! I was worried about having a backlog and Bloodborne and stuff, but now this is spaced out nicely and probably a better product because of it.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Gruff182

Take your time guys.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I don't care as long as they take as much time as they need to make it awesome. I loved The Witcher 2 so I have lofty expectations for a sequel.