Final "Bosses"

vmehnert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Did anyone else have an inordinate amount of difficulty on the last two bosses ? I was on the "regular" difficult and I almost broke my controller. And not difficult in the good Cuphead way. Maybe I missed something ?

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheFlamingo352

Talking about the tall robots on the Auzmerzer’s deck? I played on Bring it On and found that relocating between the 6 little guard huts with ammo and armor was pretty helpful.

You have to be efficient with killing the weaker guys, cause they can swamp you real fast.

Don’t forget to use the laserkraftwerk, it can kill just about in anything in a couple shots, including the bosses.

*edit* just realized you were using past tense, sorry. I thought that fight was mostly harder just because of how long it was with conserving resources, though.

vmehnert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah that would make sense. I'm a dummy I just realized there's a hole tunnel network underneath too that was very helpful.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's not super obvious that the tunnels exist in that area like it was with the London Monitor fight in the previous game. But once you move around down there it becomes much easier to manage the mobs and peek out to fire heavy weapons at the bosses.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I played on the 4th difficulty or maybe the 3rd. The big robots were deadly in combination with all the soldiers. I think I just hung out in the underground networks while getting rid of the soldiers and then unloading on the larger robots while leaning.

Oh and manual saving. You can manual save if you find youreself at a decent point in the fight.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found this game to be a breeze one I took Jeff’s advice of running around dual wielding. The upgraded shotguns destroy everything.

screwball69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The big enemies were the easiest part of this game, the final ones more so.

You can go under the stage run to the other side and then shoot them when their backs are turned.

all mech enemies take very little damage to destroy a arm, destroy both and they die.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Im not sure tbh...Kinda just ran past all the bosses in the game...

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

interested to know how hard that part was for the difficulty after bring it on

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played do or die, third difficulty down. I was a bit hassled till I discovered (for some reason that's the applicable term) the center guard tunnels. So much ammo and such. I didn't know that was the final whatever. Oh, except for the infamous Unladylike cut-scene. And the Ax-man cometh.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By doctordonkey

Dual-Wield the fully upgraded assault rifles. They pierce armor and have huge clips so you can just slam on the triggers and they go down pretty easily. I played on Bring It On and once you fully upgrade those things and the shotguns, everything kinda just melts the second you aim at it. I did play on PC however, so aiming was never an issue.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

They weren't that hard for me, I found the tunnels pretty early and I was dual wielding fully upgraded shotguns and/or assault rifles. With all the ammo and health in the tunnels, the fight's not hard as long as you keep something between you and the big guys and clear out the smaller guys ASAP.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sort of fucked myself with a bad autosave there, but the tunnel network was clutch. Pretty much everything you need is available between the four huts in the corners and the tunnels. I kept assuming heavy weapons were the way to go, but they're so damn slow. Turns out the little grenade launcher/rocket launcher things that you carry are far more effective.

Coryukin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I didn't think they were that hard. Took me two tries on the hardest difficulty. I was dual wielding the shotgun and assault rifle with upgrades. Just pop out and get a few shots on them, then go back in the tunnel and come out through the other side. Be mindful of the angles, and don't ever put yourself in an position where both can shoot you at the same time.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

This part was very frustrating at first. The big guys themselves aren't that bad; the army of regular dudes around the map is what makes it so difficult. There's a ton of them and they pretty much come from every direction. Just never stop moving and utilize the tunnels, as well as save scum, and the fight isn't really that bad.

The fact that this is the final fight of the game with virtually no sense of heightened tension or build-up from the rest of the fights in this mission is incredibly lame. I was disappointed that there were no real boss fights to speak of throughout.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I died so many times before I found the damn tunnel system... at that point it was fairly simple, since the robot AI never seemed quite sure how to deal with me being in there. (a common theme throughout... it was surprisingly easy to cheese every robot encounter in the game)

A lot of the deaths were my own fault, to be fair... I was bound and determined to play with my shiny new BFG.

flackbyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By flackbyte

Yes. Even on the easiest difficulty, on my second play through. Even though I very much like many things about this game, I feel like they dropped the ball with the game design. I know people don't like the term ludo-narrative dissonance, but is hard to look at a game like this one, which keeps reminding you of what a bad ass you are, but has you being as fragille as a paper towel. Also on what I would consider "the really poorly designed parts" (court and "last boss") I wouldn't be able to tell you what was me playing on medium and me playing on easy, because I felt I wasn't playing against the enemies, I felt I was playing against the design flaws.

To anyone who doesn't know him, there's a youtuber called SuperBunnyHop. He did a really good critique of the game that also tells a lot about the history of MachineGames.

All that said, I really loved this game. Warts and all. Best moments of the Year. Worst cover song of all time.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played on the difficulty that's one higher than yours I believe it said "experienced players" or something like that and I only had to restart the last few battles couple of times. I also think the game is way easier on PC with a mouse and keyboard. Plus you can literally quicksave anywhere so once I would clear out some of the smaller enemies I hit F5 and if I die I just start back a couple of seconds earlier instead of doing the whole fight over.

I understand why people are talking mess about how the game plays but on PC I find the gameplay to be quite good. The game wants you to be constantly moving if you try to take cover behind something you will quickly be flanked and you likely won't last as long playing that way. No other FPS that comes to mind plays that way and I appreciate Wolfenstein wanting to do something different. I don't think the gameplay is perfect but I enjoyed it more than most it seems.

spamfromthecan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spamfromthecan

I didn't even fight them, I just ran up the ladder and avoided the fight completely.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By Nodima

Playing on the easiest difficulty, I made this fight easy on myself by stumbling across the ladders to the upper section of the level and that caused all the enemies on the base floor to despawn. Seems to be a trend in video games, I'm currently playing Rise of the Tomb Raider and last night I was in a firefight about four hours into the game that was so claustrophobic I was just running into everything and looking like an idiot and getting shot to hell (on the difficulty above the default) and I ran down a hallway through another cabin hoping to funnel the enemies down that hall for a kill room but they just despawned instead.

Also, just wanted to add that I was enjoying the fight before I accidentally avoided it, but it was fairly challenging compared to every other non-dream sequence moment in the game, even on baby mode. I can't imagine how hard that difficulty curve must feel on any other difficulty level. I will also say I greatly appreciated this final "boss" fight being in line with everything in the regular gameplay, as both of New Order's boss battles are memorably horrible. The London Monitor just goes on forever, and I gave Death's Head's final form about twenty tries over the course of three days - again, on baby difficulty - before I just gave up, Youtube'd it and made a thread on these forums about how rare and weird an experience that was.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I killed the armor guys until the door across the way opened up. Then I made sure I had full armor and overcharged health and booked it up the ladder. Of course, I was on the second easiest difficulty. Still pretty difficult. I must have done that part 10 times before I got past it.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made heavy use of the tunnels and saved pretty frequently during that fight.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I was in that underground area for 90% of the fight.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played on the third difficulty and died a few times but not many. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; fully upgrading the shotguns and running around dual wielding them made this game so much easier.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Spoilers, you don't even have to fight them. After dying the first time dumping ammo into them, the second time as soon as the door busted open I ran right past and up the ladder.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took about 3 or 4 goes on normal or whatever it was I was playing on.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By korwin

@heltom92: I think a lot of people ignored the upgrade system in the game, armor piercing rounds one the assault rifles is a massive help.

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Frag_Maniac

Pretty sure the ladder escape trick becomes exponentially harder to pull off on I Am Death Incarnate. I managed to get up there once after killing one of the Zerstorers, but my goal was to kill them both to feel satisfied. I tried to kill the 2nd from atop the ladder, but once my nades ran out, I knew it was futile. I tried to shoot it from the edge of the walkway and sure enough it shot an Uber ball at me and killed me to prove that theory.

Another goal was to do it my own way, so I resisted using nekov4ego's method, but in the end I found out any other way I tried took too much of my health and took too long, which means more grunts to deal with of course since they keep spawning until you take out the big guys.

So kudos to nekov4ego, this is for you bud. I think I may have even bested your time by a couple seconds, but I can't take credit since I got the method from you. I don't know if neko noticed this or not, but I think a shot on a Zerstorer is much more powerful if you catch them just before they fire an Uber ball at you.

Loading Video...

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a hell of time with this.

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman:

@marcsman said:

I had a hell of time with this.

I thought it was pretty hard too until I tried nekov4ego's method. What I'm still struggling with is the Finale Combat Simulation on I Am Death Incarnate. I managed to find a way to get to the final battle but got killed somehow trying to take out the 4th heavy.

You're limited to stock weapons with no perks and 100 health and armor. I've yet to even be able to achieve the 2nd tier points bracket.