Sold a lie with the Xbox One tbh...

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ethanml said:

Thread titles that end in 'tbh...' are my favourite, normally I have to go to Facebook to get my fix.

The ones that start with "So " are always a riot or at least get a lot of views.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By peritus

@peritus said:

@jjweatherman said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

@humanity said:

Can't tell if this is an elaborate troll or what.

america =/= the world

99% of what's advertised for Xbox One is US-only. Like no voice recognition/commands in Europe AT ALL.

Maybe if y'all'd just stop talkin' so funny, things'd be slick as a possum's tail.

'Merica!

Anyway, yeah, seems like some things could have been implemented better in Xbox One, but expecting an American company to prioritize BBC Europe is pretty funny.

They have the most to gain from succeeding in Europe though. It being Sony heavy and all. Also, Sony being a Japanese company is prioritizing the west instead of Japan, thats just smart business. Microsoft should have done the same. So its not that funny ;-)

I dunno, I still think it's kinda funny. I was referring to prioritizing the BBC video app specifically, just to be clear.

People should stop using winky emoticons; they're creepy.

Now i just want to wink at you more ;-)

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By tatsuyarr

@trafalgarlaw: I live in France and voice recognition works in french.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I have to add as well that the console scratches very easily on the glossy stuff. It attracts dust like mad, I went to wipe the dust off with a tissue and notices lots of light surface scratches....... like crazy how cheap the plastic is that it scratches from dust......

Wiping any sensitive material with a tissue will cause scratching, that's an extremely bad idea.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@scaramoosh said:

I have to add as well that the console scratches very easily on the glossy stuff. It attracts dust like mad, I went to wipe the dust off with a tissue and notices lots of light surface scratches....... like crazy how cheap the plastic is that it scratches from dust......

Wiping any sensitive material with a tissue will cause scratching, that's an extremely bad idea.

I drove a ballpoint hammer into my Xbox One and it's crazy how easily it went right through the console, very disappointing construction, where are the steel trusses inside?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@peritus said:

@jjweatherman said:

@peritus said:

@jjweatherman said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

@humanity said:

america =/= the world

99% of what's advertised for Xbox One is US-only. Like no voice recognition/commands in Europe AT ALL.

Maybe if y'all'd just stop talkin' so funny, things'd be slick as a possum's tail.

'Merica!

Anyway, yeah, seems like some things could have been implemented better in Xbox One, but expecting an American company to prioritize BBC Europe is pretty funny.

They have the most to gain from succeeding in Europe though. It being Sony heavy and all. Also, Sony being a Japanese company is prioritizing the west instead of Japan, thats just smart business. Microsoft should have done the same. So its not that funny ;-)

I dunno, I still think it's kinda funny. I was referring to prioritizing the BBC video app specifically, just to be clear.

Please don't.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

new consoles never deliver exactly what they tell you or what you hyped yourself up for. day-oner's and early adopters are nothing but:

No Caption Provided

They should call it early access instead of "day-one".

Falx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@peritus said:

@jjweatherman said:

@peritus said:

@jjweatherman said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

@humanity said:

america =/= the world

'Merica!

Please don't.

ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/φ\

;)

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@humanity said:

@trafalgarlaw said:
@humanity said:

america =/= the world

Thats the least problematic thing about that whole writeup.

He goes on a couple of weird tangents, but most of his points are entirely valid. International releases of this console feel completely like a developmental afterthought - it's an American product, first and foremost.

If you are using the console outside the US, the vast majority of multimedia features, which drain from resources that would otherwise have gone into giving you more technically robust video-games, are useless to you. Meaning you essentially have a package of hardware that could be better, but isn't.

I don't know if they can even patch in the TV stuff for European markets for technical reasons (Hz and whatnot), and same goes for something like support for external storage, so this falls outside the whole "oh they bought it launch, what did they expect" mantra.

Clarification: I didn't buy it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#60  Edited By Humanity

@snail: I can get behind the argument of no-tv support outside US - although it's ironic that people would complain about this now as I clearly recall a few months back hearing a constant chorus of "who even needs this feature no one even watches TV anymore!" I'm simply amused by remarks like it scratches easily. Thats just silly.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nethlem said:

It's kind of funny how the shit that's supposed to work out of the box with no hassle, consoles, have turned into another case of "When it's done, but don't mind giving us your money for this half-finished thing!".

Regardless of what anybody says: I never seen a console launch that felt so rushed, on both consoles. So many features missing that previously got advertised as their "killer apps", beta stuff all over the place, crashes, obvious UI issues, these consoles are basically still in heavily development. Which begs the question: Why rush them out that soon anyway?

The hardware are done and what you pay for. The software/apps part will always be an work in progress and its totaly fine becouse the play game part works as advertised. I expect new features, fixes and updates to roll out for several years.

scaramoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scaramoosh said:

I've never scratched plastic from wiping dust off of it before.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@scaramoosh: I guess you've never owned any action figures or a pair of glasses? Tissue paper will scratch surfaces, it's awful for cleaning objects. It just won't necessarily leave visible damage, unless it's a glossy material (or something you have to look through, i.e. glasses).

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

My PS4 is pretty great you guys. (even if I could just play most these games on my PC)

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

@nethlem said:

It's kind of funny how the shit that's supposed to work out of the box with no hassle, consoles, have turned into another case of "When it's done, but don't mind giving us your money for this half-finished thing!".

Regardless of what anybody says: I never seen a console launch that felt so rushed, on both consoles. So many features missing that previously got advertised as their "killer apps", beta stuff all over the place, crashes, obvious UI issues, these consoles are basically still in heavily development. Which begs the question: Why rush them out that soon anyway?

The hardware are done and what you pay for. The software/apps part will always be an work in progress and its totaly fine becouse the play game part works as advertised. I expect new features, fixes and updates to roll out for several years.

The hardware is the last thing you pay for, it's subsidized trough licensing fees on the games, you buy that hardware at a price that's below it's actual value and production costs. And you are still missing my point: If i want "finished hardware with software/apps that are WIP" i can just buy myself a Gaming PC. You know that thing that everybody complains about that it never feels like it's complete and functioning out of the box.

Now consoles have reached the exact same state and people consider it a good thing? The ease of use and the products being "ready out of the box" had been one of the few redeeming qualities that console gaming still had going for it, but now even that is gone. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Valve manages to do with SteamOS for PC's what MS/Sony basically fucked up with their releases, down the line Valve is gonna turn PC gaming into the "easy thing" while the consoles by now turned into glorified PC's with horrible UI's and user freedoms, making them the "horrible complicated" things.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sterling said:

10 seconds! OMG! What fresh hell is this.

If you try to watch TV 360 times a day this is almost an hour of your life gone! And you would have spent it so well. By watching TV.

scaramoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By rethla

@nethlem: Play games works out of the box. More features will be added throughout its lifecycle and is a wast improvement over last generations wich was more or less static. If you want everything out of the box then wait 8 years before you buy and problem solved, most people are happy as is.

Avatar image for thelegendofmart
TheLegendOfMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TheLegendOfMart

@vinny_says said:

So did you do like zero research before buying this thing? I wonder if this is how you make all your purchasing decisions. I mean you're obviously in the know enough to use the internet, why not do the logical thing and look into the products you purchase.

Do you really just go to your nearest electronics store and just buy whatever television the salesman tells you to?

You are seriously saying it's his own fault?

Microsoft marketing has been one clusterf*** after another, imagine dumbing down the hardware to include kinect and media functions and then marketing your console around those functions and it not even work outside the US.......

What was he supposed to do, not buy it and be unable to play the games he wants to play just because Microsoft are useless?

scaramoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sold it now anyways, made £100 profit too so wasn't a bad buy.