Should I trust this?

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Hey all,

I just purchased Forza Horizon 3 and got it in the mail from Amazon today. Xbox One version. It says it was actually shipped and sold from Amazon but the version I got came in another language other than English. The box art and text is all in another language anyway. (I live in the US for context) It has a sticker on it that says "Plays in English". I don't know enough about the current console region locking or anything like that. I have not opened it yet.

Will this "actually" play in English? I won't have to fight menus to find English? Would my US based Xbox One even play it?

My first instinct is to just return it since I don't really trust it. But if it will actually play, I'd rather not miss out on playing it this weekend which was my hope. Still seems weird that this is the version that Amazon would send me.

Any help from you all would be appreciated! I've included photos.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I mean, it's probably legit, but I would send that right the fuck back. It's completely unacceptable for Amazon to be selling games from another territory as new copies for US customers. I'd be willing to bet that if you talk to Amazon support they'll send you a new copy immediately. Then they'll either have you send out that one afterwards, or just let you keep it.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconer said:

I mean, it's probably legit, but I would send that right the fuck back. It's completely unacceptable for Amazon to be selling games from another territory as new copies for US customers. I'd be willing to bet that if you talk to Amazon support they'll send you a new copy immediately. Then they'll either have you send out that one afterwards, or just let you keep it.

Thanks Falconer. I'll do that. Appreciate the help.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AlexW00d

That's Polish btw.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By maxszy

@alexw00d said:

That's Polish btw.

Thanks, figured that it may be with the "Polska" on the front but didn't know for sure!

Contacted Amazon. They're already sending a replacement out before I return this one so that's pretty nice. I'll take it!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Surprised Amazon didn't give you a credit or a month of Prime. They usually bend over backwards if there's a hint of "I feel inconvenienced" in your message.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think Xbox One is region free, so the game probably would have played fine and you could have set the language to English, but I understand wanting an American copy.

I've occasionally gotten Canadian copies of games and movies from Amazon, which have French and English on them, and I'm generally okay with that, but I also would have been annoyed at getting a copy in a totally different language.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I thought they may have done something more but its okay. They are expediting it and it does seem like they may be using a special courier as it says its going to be delivered tomorrow, Sunday. Can't complain too much about that.

Exactly @bigsocrates I especially didn't want to have to fight through Polish menus if I didn't have too. Nice to know the Xbox One is region free though, that's a nice touch.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By kindgineer

I would've just kept it so that when company came over to visit, they would see that game and think I was very worldly and cultured!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would've just kept it so that when company came over to visit, they would see that game and think I was very worldly and cultured!

Seems like a good idea UNTIL you have a Polish girl over on a date, and she is excited that you speak Polish, and then you fall in love but you have this lie between you and you are constantly having to pretend to understand Polish (you would have to say that you can read and understand but not speak it well) and then either you spend your whole life not understanding what your wife and Polish speaking children are saying and just nodding along (including when she asks if she can sell your Xbox to pay for a violin for the kid), or you have to take secret Polish classes at night at the local university and your wife thinks you're having an affair and she barges in on you in the middle of a tutorial with your Polish teaching assistant and won't believe it was really a language lesson and divorces you and takes your Xbox and you can't play Forza Horizon 3.

MankMachinery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kindgineer said:

Seems like a good idea UNTIL you have a Polish girl over on a date, and she is excited that you speak Polish, and then you fall in love but you have this lie between you and you are constantly having to pretend to understand Polish (you would have to say that you can read and understand but not speak it well) and then either you spend your whole life not understanding what your wife and Polish speaking children are saying and just nodding along (including when she asks if she can sell your Xbox to pay for a violin for the kid), or you have to take secret Polish classes at night at the local university and your wife thinks you're having an affair and she barges in on you in the middle of a tutorial with your Polish teaching assistant and won't believe it was really a language lesson and divorces you and takes your Xbox and you can't play Forza Horizon 3.

I'd be more fearful of this. I'm pretty sure discs are only for DRM, at least on Xbox. I don't think they do regions or PAL/NTSC anymore.

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would've asked for a digital code. Play Anywhere, and you could possibly get it immediately and download it in possibly less time than it'll take for you to wait for the courier.

Also I still wish I could just send my FH2 disc back to Microsoft and tell them to snap it and send me a digital code, so I guess I'm just channeling my own hangups.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.