Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 4

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 11, 2011

The fourth installment of Turn 10's Motorsport racing franchise, released in Fall 2011. It features 16 player online races, dynamic race conditions, cars from over 80 manufacturers, and compatibility with Kinect, both on and off the racetrack.

Just how different will this be from Forza 3?

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By VooDooPC

I really enjoy the Forza games, I've bought all of them since the original on the Xbox and I have over 100 hours and over 600 races in Forza 3.

I loaded up Forza 3 last night and played a few races. Even after one or two championships I was ready to take a break. I feel like I've already done everything I can, nothing is new or exciting anymore. From what I have seen Forza 4 is more of the same. There's some new features, like the Autovista which I don't have much interest in. Kinect support which I have no interest in. A newly structured career mode that from the looks of it just went from a calendar to a globe. They also say there's a new lighting engine, which looks like it just means they added a bunch of bloom.

I'm not bashing the game or anything, more Forza is good, but if I've lost most interest in Forza 3 is Forza 4 worth buying or should I pass?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

I just came back from two weeks in the future. The game sucks, sorry dude.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By gamb1t

Im kinda on the same boat. I havent played any forza or GT since 2 (little of 3). should i get forza 3 first for cheap? or just skip and get 4

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Probably not very different. And you know what? That is fine with me

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By grilledcheez

It's tough to say without playing it, but I'm buying it regardless. Turn 10 makes the highest quality games a person can buy and they've made significant progress in each of their games thus far, so I have faith.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By adoggz

get this, in 4za you get to..... race cars. its crazy i know, but it just might work.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By NickLott

I love Forza, I don't see this being a major leap from 3 as 3 was from 2. I am disappointed they haven't put some rally tracks in to really show off the strengths of the 4WD cars but that said, I have the limited edition preordered and I'm still going to play the hell out of it until Batman, Uncharted and Skyrim come out to monopolize my time until the new year after which I will return and play the hell out of it.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VooDooPC

@adoggz said:

get this, in 4za you get to..... race cars. its crazy i know, but it just might work.

They could do a lot of things to make it different. Night racing, weather, things like that. If it's just Forza 3 with new tracks, it doesn't seem worth it too me.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rmills87

Regardless, you know how amazing Forza 3 was/is. I am at the same point as you - which is why I kept my saves and traded in Forza 3 the other day. I need a break from it, so I have been playing Gears of War 3 and will be until 4za's release. See, for me, it was the progression that was so stimulating - unlocking cars, working my way up the ladder, buying and modifying cars. I'm sure once you decide to purchase the new Forza, that old flame with light up again. Keep the faith strong duder!

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VooDooPC

@rmillz87 said:

Regardless, you know how amazing Forza 3 was/is. I am at the same point as you - which is why I kept my saves and traded in Forza 3 the other day. I need a break from it, so I have been playing Gears of War 3 and will be until 4za's release. See, for me, it was the progression that was so stimulating - unlocking cars, working my way up the ladder, buying and modifying cars. I'm sure once you decide to purchase the new Forza, that old flame with light up again. Keep the faith strong duder!

Maybe you're right. In Forza 3 being level 50, having over 200 cars and having most races completed, there's nothing to really keep me going besides just the racing. Racing is fun, but the progress of starting from a crummy little car going into fancy fast cars is really what makes games like Forza or Gran Turismo for me. It's why I don't like the F1 games or NASCAR games, all the cars are almost identical and there's no real progression.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FritzDude

Racing is racing. But what makes the difference is the small things - which adds up in the long haul, at least for me:

• New lightning engine (Full light inside the cockpit and real reflections from the terrain and environments)
    • Improved exhaust sounds
    • Improved tire-handling in conjunction with real statistics from Pirelli
    • Top Gear implementations (Challenges, events, Top Gear test track, The stig, Jeremy Clarkson voice-overs)
    • Improved cockpit view
    • More cars (All with the same level of details) - Unfortunately no Porsche because of EA.
    • More tracks
    • Autovista
    • Kinect implementations (Headtracking, voice recognition, steering, autovista experience)
    • Real aerodynamics
    • Exhaust flames
    • New series (American Le Mans, autocross etc)
    • Different time of day on tracks (No night though)
    • Improved multiplayer features (Car clubs and 16 player racing)
    • Revamped career
    • More cars on track (16 in multiplayer, though i'm not sure how many there will be in singleplayer)

You could argue that they didn't do more with this, but i believe developers need time... Yeah i know, it's a shock to me too... But i rather play a new Forza each 2 or 3 years with consistent improvements instead of waiting a decade on a new GT.

Hoss360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hoss360

^^^ you left out Rivals mode

that will keep the game fresh for a long time...

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iam3green

i would say rent it if your not like forza 3. i'm pretty sure it's going to be the same thing just like in forza 3. i know that i am going to be getting the game because i enjoy my racing games. i am playing gran turismo 5 right now keep it fresh from playing the two.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VooDooPC

The demo comes out before release. Hopefully that will help me make a decision and still give me a chance to preorder.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I liked Forza 3 a lot but I'm passing on four.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By DrPockets000

Apparently, they put a 4 on the box.

Hoss360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hoss360

they did so much more than just put a 4 on the box... the look, the feel, the sounds... i've been hooked on the rivals mode, which is an awesome addition to the franchise.

oh, and..

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By VooDooPC

Well, I ended up buying it anyway. I decided to just split the cost with my brother 60/40 so we can both play it. I know I'll probably be playing more than him so I chipped in more.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By sins_of_mosin

It will have better visuals, better ai, and a better career mode.  However, I really wish it had a lot more tracks and different layout of all the tracks possible.  I know racing is racing and if ya don't like racing then don't play a racing game.  But, I still think there are ways to mix it up by doing long, medium, and short tracks with various lap amounts.  And, they can help by making sure you to really mix up the tracks so your not on the same ones most of the time.
    Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Samaritan

@FritzDude said:

• Exhaust flames

SOLD!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.