Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Oct 10, 2023

A soft reboot to the Forza Motorsport series.

This or Forza Horizon 5? - Which installment you will be more interested in?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll This or Forza Horizon 5? - Which installment you will be more interested in? (45 votes)

Forza Motorsport Reboot 29%
    Forza Horizon 5 71%

Hello

For me, I personally want to see Forza Motorsport Reboot because I prefer motorsport racing more than street racing.

• 
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm a pretty casual racing game fan, but I like both of these for different reasons. Horizon is more my speed with its more forgiving control and design. But I really like the progression of Motorsport. I'm pretty sick of every arcade racer being really unimaginative open worlds, so I truly hope that the next Horizon is more than just another, even higher fidelity, countryside.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon, easily. The Horizon games are my favorite racing games ever and I think 4 was probably the best of that series. They're creative, interesting, and just a joy to play with a super positive vibe.

Motorsport has stagnated as a series. I know they're saying they plan to reinvent it but who knows what that means. I am afraid we're going to see the same set of real world tracks we've all seen in a dozen other racing games. The same set of cars but slightly nicer looking.

The developers know that the series needs to evolve but what does that even mean for a series that's focused on being "realistic." Horizon can always make new maps and add new weird stuff (like the recent Super 7 addition) but Motorsport is much more constrained.

Maybe they'll do something new and interesting with career mode or something, or maybe they can harness the Xbox Series consoles to create better AI (a serious Forza issue) but until I see something like that I'm skeptical. Horizon, meanwhile, is the easiest sell in the world.

There's a reason that the Forza Horizon games are the only realistic racers that ever make it on to Giant Bomb's game of the year lists these days.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon, easily. The Horizon games are my favorite racing games ever and I think 4 was probably the best of that series. They're creative, interesting, and just a joy to play with a super positive vibe.

Motorsport has stagnated as a series. I know they're saying they plan to reinvent it but who knows what that means. I am afraid we're going to see the same set of real world tracks we've all seen in a dozen other racing games. The same set of cars but slightly nicer looking.

The developers know that the series needs to evolve but what does that even mean for a series that's focused on being "realistic." Horizon can always make new maps and add new weird stuff (like the recent Super 7 addition) but Motorsport is much more constrained.

Maybe they'll do something new and interesting with career mode or something, or maybe they can harness the Xbox Series consoles to create better AI (a serious Forza issue) but until I see something like that I'm skeptical. Horizon, meanwhile, is the easiest sell in the world.

There's a reason that the Forza Horizon games are the only realistic racers that ever make it on to Giant Bomb's game of the year lists these days.

I reckon the Forza Motorsport series needs to spend more time in development before releasing a new installment.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: It will have been 4 years if it releases in 2021 so that should have given them time to do what they needed to.

The GTA team seems to take a very long time between games but the Forza team has been on a 2 year clock for a long time and that's pretty short for modern game development. Most series seem to be on more of a 3-4 year cycle unless they're using multiple teams (like Assassin's Creed) or they're just roster updates (like Madden.)

Dappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a leaked map for Horizon 5. It is set in Japan including the Gunma district. This means that Horizon 5 is now my most anticipated game for windows but thats just because I watched too much Initial D as a 90's teen.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dappa said:

There is a leaked map for Horizon 5. It is set in Japan including the Gunma district. This means that Horizon 5 is now my most anticipated game for windows but thats just because I watched too much Initial D as a 90's teen.

I hope Forza Horizon 5 will have Wangan Midnight and Initial D vibes!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dappa: Leaks like that are always suspect, so who knows if it's accurate, but Japan would be a fantastic setting for a Forza Horizon game. I hope they add more extensive car tuning options and lots of awesome Tokyo Xtreme Racer type showdown racers at night with rain slicked roads.

I really want some urban racing action too. Let me smash through a marketplace like in everyone's favorite game, Wreckless The Yakuza Missions.

Who doesn't love Wreckless the Yakuza Missions? I assume we're all playing that for a couple hours each day.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8 chaser324  Moderator

While I'm curious to see where FM goes after the last couple of entries feeling a little aimless, I'm much more into the Forza Horizon games. Even if FH5 follows the same blueprint as the previous entries, a new location alone would be enough to renew my interest.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dappa: Leaks like that are always suspect, so who knows if it's accurate, but Japan would be a fantastic setting for a Forza Horizon game. I hope they add more extensive car tuning options and lots of awesome Tokyo Xtreme Racer type showdown racers at night with rain slicked roads.

I really want some urban racing action too. Let me smash through a marketplace like in everyone's favorite game, Wreckless The Yakuza Missions.

Who doesn't love Wreckless the Yakuza Missions? I assume we're all playing that for a couple hours each day.

I remembered Wreckless The Yakuza Missions, it looks really fun.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like they dropped the ball a bit in the last few releases, and i haven't played Horizon 4 yet, so i'd rather see them sort the simulation side out.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm more intrigued in Forza Motorsport even though I know I'll like Horizon 5 more. With Motorsport being a reboot in intrigued to see what they do and change about it which peaks my interest more then Horizon 5 which will be more Horizon and a known quantity, admittedly an amazing quantity it always is.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: Wreckless was a gorgeous (for the time) but shallow game. It was kind of fun to smash stuff up and really showed off the power of the OG Xbox (a really underrated machine) but there just wasn't much to it other than the tech.

The ports on other systems were apparently bad but I only played the Xbox version.

Weirdly even though it was called "The Yakuza Missions" it was set in Hong Kong.

Avatar image for heartbreakridge
    HeartbreakRidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can understand the appeal of the Horizon series, but I like serious motorsport cars and tracks and racing (just not so serious as going full sim like iRacing). I really do hope that they use that but do a fresh take on a career mode - but I share people's skepticism about that. So, I hope people do get another Horizon and enjoy it, but I will hold out hope for a breath of fresh FM air, whenever that is.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gtxforza

@gtxforza: Wreckless was a gorgeous (for the time) but shallow game. It was kind of fun to smash stuff up and really showed off the power of the OG Xbox (a really underrated machine) but there just wasn't much to it other than the tech.

The ports on other systems were apparently bad but I only played the Xbox version.

Weirdly even though it was called "The Yakuza Missions" it was set in Hong Kong.

The PS2 and Gamecube versions of Wreckless used a different engine compared to the original Xbox.

The game's plot is about the Yakuzas who invaded Hong Kong/China to commit crimes while the sequel (Double S.T.E.A.L. The Second Clash) takes place in the USA.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
    lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I might be weird here, but Horizon is starting to feel like it's in the same oversaturated place Motorsport got to. I've played Horizon 3 and 4, and while they're great games, probably more fun in a vacuum than the old Forzas, there's been a lot of them lately. I'm more interested in what a new mainline Forza can do.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I'd be interested in a new mainline Forza Motorsport on condition they rolled back the more directed experience they've had in the last couple and went more for a Forza 3-style setup. All the cutscenes and flashiness got fairly tiring for me in the last game since some of it was unskippable and all of it got between me and actually just racing in the game, which was what I was there to do. In my time with the game I felt like I spent more time in menus and loading screens than actually racing.

More importantly, the AI for single player needs some serious reconsidering. I got quite frustrated with Forza 7 because I found that the AI, especially going into turn one, were basically a bunch of Pastor Maldonados. I'm not sure if it's the drivatar system or what but the AI is very aggressive in an annoying way. In every race I did in Forza 7, turn one was a mess and I often got hit despite trying to leave as much room as possible. I'd much rather they move more toward an AI system like in the F1 games where the AI drives and behaves more closely to how an actual F1 driver drives.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think I lean more towards a new Horizon just due to where I'm at with racing games - I'd prefer to dip into a few regularly than mainline one. And I know myself too well, the huge garage sim racer just gets too deep into me and I get a bit blinkered to other things. If the next Horizon is Japan that would be cool, but I'm open to any good driving country - if it's not Japan I'd love an African set one, not too many games use that massive continent in a celebratory way or with a big budget.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By tds418

Horizon 4 was fantastic, but I really enjoy both series and FM has taken a long enough break that I'm very interested to see what they're cooking up for the reboot. But I'm sure I'll play both FM reboot and Horizon 5 close to when they launch. Japan and/or Africa (as someone suggested above) would both be excellent settings for Horizon 5.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

The Horizon games are the perfect alternative to the sim racing of the F1 games for me. Motorsport just feels ultra stale. If I’m gonna be driving something that isn’t a Formula One car, I wanna be at the Horizon festival.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.