Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 02, 2014

Based on the epic-fantasy television series of the same name, Game of Thrones is an episodic adventure game that tells the story of House Forrester, whose fate is threatened by the War of the Five Kings.

Telltale Games Debuting Game of Thrones Very Soon [UPDATED]

• 82 results
    stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By stryker1121

Positive thoughts, friends and neighbors. I wouldn't mind seeing some secondary or tertiary characters. Someone mentioned the Greyjoys - give me some Balon. What I wouldn't be interested in is shoehorned Eddard, Tywin, Cersei, or Tyrion. Parallel story-line to the books would be way cool, fan service would not be.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ripelivejam

@relenus said:

PLOT TWIST: It's Frog Fractions 2.

The Martian Bugs send their regards *shrrk*

Robopengy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I swear to God I thought it was Iron For Mice until now

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

@dberg: I'm not familiar with the previous games from Telltale, since I've only played the Walking dead and Wolf among us, both of which I enjoyed. Though it seems that despite wanting the game to be good, you've prepared yourself for disappointment, which is understandable.

Lets hope that the game does a good job of telling an interesting stand alone story while simultaneously staying true to the TV universe.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I like Game of Thrones but only made it through half of season 2, but I am pretty much willing to play anything Telltale produces (even Borderlands) since The Walking Dead was so good.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

As much as I love the wolf among us I really wish TT would stop doing episodic games and just put them all out at once.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron from ice are just three words that sound awesome

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

I still feel the last Game of thrones video game was pretty damn awesome. If only they'd had a higher budget...

Dberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: If you've seen and liked the 90s thriller Fargo, you should look up Puzzle Agent. It's a very silly game in a similar setting.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By bargainben

feel like there's the possibility of this just not being all that intriguing because they're setting it parallel to current events, therefore nothing of significant consequence can happen here because anything worth showing would occur in the show. And Im not at all interested in game engine reenactments of events from the show. Why not set this in Valyria prior to the volcano, or countless other events that will never be expounded on further in the books beyond what's in the World of Ice and Fire. This is a huge universe, show a larger appreciation for the collective whole by making something interesting and new, as opposed to being obviously something only interested in padding the show. Just talk to Martin about a section of the universe where the foundation is laid already but there's no intention of him diving any further, then let your creative team make something fun.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@dberg said:

@theacidskull: If you've seen and liked the 90s thriller Fargo, you should look up Puzzle Agent. It's a very silly game in a similar setting.

I'll check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I am cautiously optimistic. I really want good things, but men, Season 2 of the Walking Dead made me doubt their abilities. Hopefully it's excellent.

MonkeysDad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Looks like a lot of people are going to pay The Iron Price (i.e. Waiting for a Steam Sale).

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Walking Dead Season 1 is one of my favourite games of all time. Season 2 was alright. The Wolf Amoung Us was ok too, it had a nice art style but a lot of the episodes felt like filler and I still haven't actually finished it because I was apathetic towards it by the time the last episode came around.

So this is a game I'm going to just wait until it's over and done with and then play it. Unless after episode 1/2 it's got amazing reviews and recaptures that "water cooler" element that TWD 1 had.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By unchained

I'm really, REALLY looking forward to this.

Kuplamuovi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if they will still use the same art style. I could do with something a bit more realistic looking for a change.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how they wait until their games are almost out to announce their release. I won't be playing this one since I have no interest in GoT (yet), but they did it with The Wolf Among Us and I never got overhyped.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bipa said:

Yo it better have some titties

"Special thanks to David Cage for co-creating interactive sex scenes." Mash the Q button!

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please be good, please be good, please be good... they've had some hits lately, I hope this follows.

shinluis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bbqbram said:

Great! I wonder where they've set it. I'm really hoping for political intrigue instead of "The Walking...White Walkers".

Aaand now I really hope one of the chapters will be titled like that

danielheard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thornie: ORLY?

I thought the title might suggest that they are going to explore the Iron Islands storyline from a Feast for Crows. That storyline isn't being filmed for the show, so it wouldn't conflict.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the title might suggest that they are going to explore the Iron Islands storyline from a Feast for Crows. That storyline isn't being filmed for the show, so it wouldn't conflict.

Aw, seriously? Those were literally the only parts of that book I liked.

So I'm really never going to see Euron or Victarion appear on HBO? I'm super bummed about this.

thefriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter is already here in Austin. Please just give me the game. I NEED IT.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SIX episodes? Oh god, I really hope they have a consistent release schedule for the episodes. I'm just glad I'm not very invested in this world, so I'll be able to wait until they're all out like I did with The Wolf Among Us.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevin_cogneto: yeah that sucks, victarion is fuckin baller.

There were definitely more worthwhile bits in AFFC though it's my least fave, but these cuts make me wonder what they'll actually be showing, if they're just going full steam ahead into ADWD material, or if they're going whole hog on forging their own story.

I'm trying to be vague as possible btw in deference to show watchers and hopefully others will be as kind to do the same. :)

danielheard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By danielheard

@kevin_cogneto: Yeah, never say never, but not this season. I kinda get it. All the filming having to be done in spain for Kings Landing, Dorne, and Essos make running another location shoot in North Ireland really taxing on their budget, and so far the story's remain pretty separate.

Hopefully (if I am right) Telltale can do Euron, Aeron, and Dum Dum Victarion justice.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Seems like this ties pretty heavily into the show/established fiction? Haven't read the books, haven't seen the show, I wonder if I'll be able to enjoy the game.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this game does well.

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: House Forrester and this whole ironwood buisness is completely made up for the game. It sounds like it will tie into the world a bit in ways that might be fun for fans of the books/novels, but the mainline of the story is based around telltale original characters in an original part of westeros made up for the game. I imagine it will be pretty playable with no familiarity to the fiction, assuming you're a big fan of the telltale style of story game.

Edit: This isn't technically true, House Forrester is mentioned as an aside house existing in one throwaway line in one of the books or something.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@ulong: Ah, I haven't been following the game and this quote from their blog confused me: "Our game series is based on the world, characters and events seen in HBO's TV show"

Bipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Bipa

@zolroyce said:

@bipa said:

Yo it better have some titties

"Special thanks to David Cage for co-creating interactive sex scenes." Mash the Q button!

That's how it works for real though. I mashed the Q with some girls last night, shit was money.

Matoyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Matoyak

Hrm. Right, TellTale's doing THIS series. Maybe we'll get something actually good from aSoIaF beyond the original book!

EDIT: That was unfair of me. I, uh...have strong opinions about that series, and GRRM's abilities as a writer, and cannot fathom how it turned into such a mega hit. It was unfair of me mostly 'cause I have no opinions on the TV show, as I avoided it due to my dislike for books 2, 3, and 4 of the series...so what metric do I have to judge "something good" from the series not having tried the show? But man...those books... I kept hoping, kept reading, kept wasting my time...and I REALLY liked that first book, too...ah well. Just not my cup of tea, I suppose...and it isn't due to the excessive grimdark...I'm normally fine with that. I'm even OK with Kill Em All stuff, too...I just don't think he did either very well and devolved into using it for shock value more than as a good writing tool... Rrgh. OK, I need to shut up, or I'll be on about this for hours.

ChrisCYotG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telltale's had a proper decent run at developing games. I'd keep my eye on an episodic GoT game made by them

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.