Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Gold lancer in UK to comply with toy-gun law.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Branthog

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HazBazz

How could a beefy rifle with a FREAKING CHAINSAW on it be anything but "clearly not real and not a threat"

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Who the fuck in their right mind puts a chainsaw on the bottom of a rifle, that's clearly not real and not a threat.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187
    addictedtopinescent said:
    "Who the fuck in their right mind puts a chainsaw on the bottom of a rifle, that's clearly not real and not a threat."
    I put a chainsaw on the bottom of a rifle.  It's completely real and definitely a threat to anyone who fucks with me.

I'm ready for when the Apocalypse hits.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Branthog

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Endogene
    Branthog said:
    "I know little about the UK gun law, so please explain something to me. If you can make a toy gun gold so that it is "clearly not real and not a threat" then why couldn't a criminal just spray paint his submachine gun gold or orange or something before committing a crime? Further, if real guns are illegal int he UK (from what i understand - please let's not get into the discussion of actual validity of gun control yadda yadda yadda) then why do they need to be crazy colors at all? They're obviously ALL going to be fake *OR* flat out illegal. Correct?"
    The tip of toy guns is sprayed orange so that people dont get alarmed when they see someone walking around with it.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb
    jakob187 said:
    "addictedtopinescent said:
    "Who the fuck in their right mind puts a chainsaw on the bottom of a rifle, that's clearly not real and not a threat."
    I put a chainsaw on the bottom of a rifle.  It's completely real and definitely a threat to anyone who fucks with me.

"

This guy will be the last man standing when the zombie apocalypose hits. You'll see who will have the last laugh! (Dude, get me one of those)
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endogene said:

"Branthog said:
    "I know little about the UK gun law, so please explain something to me. If you can make a toy gun gold so that it is "clearly not real and not a threat" then why couldn't a criminal just spray paint his submachine gun gold or orange or something before committing a crime? Further, if real guns are illegal int he UK (from what i understand - please let's not get into the discussion of actual validity of gun control yadda yadda yadda) then why do they need to be crazy colors at all? They're obviously ALL going to be fake *OR* flat out illegal. Correct?"
    The tip of toy guns is sprayed orange so that people dont get alarmed when they see someone walking around with it."

Well that's what Branthog is saying, why can't a guy with a real gun spray paint the tip of his gun orange ? Unless you can't buy orange spray paint in the UK for whatever reason, cause you know that be pretty fucked.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Hamz

Replica weapons in the UK can cause accidents if someone is seen with one. From a distance it might not look fake, or look like a kids toy. So to stop someone from assuming little billy is in walking to the local park with an AK47 or in this case a Lancer it gets spray painted gold.

Then there is also the issue with BB/Airsoft guns that are NOT childs toys.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jakob187
    BiggerBomb said:
    "jakob187 said:

"

This guy will be the last man standing when the zombie apocalypose hits. You'll see who will have the last laugh! (Dude, get me one of those)"
    It took me about seven months to finally get it to work and be active.  I can't, like, cut a log with it while being able to shoot with it, and it kept heating up WAAAAY too much to even hold it in the first few months.  However, I finally got it to work, and it's fucking sweet.
    I keep it in the gun cabinet at my parents' house, though.  Therefore, if the zombie apocalypse hits, I'll have to go over there and unlock the cabinet first.  So up until that point, I'm just going to have to use my trusty black Louisville.  = D
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Endogene
    "

Endogene said:

"Branthog said:
    The tip of toy guns is sprayed orange so that people dont get alarmed when they see someone walking around with it."

Well that's what Branthog is saying, why can't a guy with a real gun spray paint the tip of his gun orange ? Unless you can't buy orange spray paint in the UK for whatever reason, cause you know that be pretty fucked.

"
    Well if someone would want to rob a bank and pull out a gun with a orange tip everybody would think it is fake and will not listen to the bank robber. Thus if you want to use your gun to threat people to do something it has to be black.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb
    jakob187 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "jakob187 said:

"

This guy will be the last man standing when the zombie apocalypose hits. You'll see who will have the last laugh! (Dude, get me one of those)"
    It took me about seven months to finally get it to work and be active.  I can't, like, cut a log with it while being able to shoot with it, and it kept heating up WAAAAY too much to even hold it in the first few months.  However, I finally got it to work, and it's fucking sweet.
    I keep it in the gun cabinet at my parents' house, though.  Therefore, if the zombie apocalypse hits, I'll have to go over there and unlock the cabinet first.  So up until that point, I'm just going to have to use my trusty black Louisville.  = D
    "

Oh...

You're serious?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jakob187
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Oh...

You're serious?"
    Very...
    I have a lot of free time.  Very few people know how hard it is to heavily modify an AR15.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Hamz
    jakob187 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Oh...

You're serious?"
    Very...
    I have a lot of free time.  Very few people know how hard it is to heavily modify an AR15.
    "
    Oh man i demand a picture of this crazy contraption if its real, seriously...post some pics man!
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jakob187
    Hamz said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Oh...

You're serious?"
    Very...
    "
    Oh man i demand a picture of this crazy contraption if its real, seriously...post some pics man!"
    I have only posted pics once, and that was on the official AR15 forums a long time back...and they got quickly deleted for my own safety.
    Apparenly, having a heavily modified AR15 in the U.S......especially one that has a chainsaw-style attachment to it......is illegal as hell if it is able to be considered "active".

Therefore, I already know that everyone is going to cry "bullshit" against me...but it's okay.
    TomboDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TomboDemon
    it might seem like its odd that theyve done this,
    but surely from seeing Gears of War you realise that it is A VERY BIG THREAT!
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#17  Edited By wefwefasdf
    jakob187 said:
    "Hamz said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Oh...

You're serious?"
    Very...
    "
    Oh man i demand a picture of this crazy contraption if its real, seriously...post some pics man!"
    I have only posted pics once, and that was on the official AR15 forums a long time back...and they got quickly deleted for my own safety.
    Apparenly, having a heavily modified AR15 in the U.S......especially one that has a chainsaw-style attachment to it......is illegal as hell if it is able to be considered "active".

Therefore, I already know that everyone is going to cry "bullshit" against me...but it's okay.
    "
    That is absolutely hilarious. haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.