Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

No, ask ME anything.

• 85 results
    Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Linkin10362
    @Sweep said:

@Resident4t said:

So is Carmine going to die? What was the outcome of that T-Shirt thing. If he does die, maybe it should be a bacon related death.

They haven't released details of this yet.

Actually, yes they have. I won't say anything on here for spoiler reasons, but I will just leave this here for anyone who wants to take a look.
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8411-Spoiler-Alert--Carmine-s-Fate-in-Gears-of-War-3-Revealed.html
    drmadhatten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By drmadhatten

Thanks for the info. I really didn't want to read those books, but I like to know as much as possible. September 20th in Jerusalem!

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By mikemcn

Not specifically related to Gears of War 3, but why is Sera such a fucked up planet? I've only played sections of the game but I googled some of the backstory, was glassing 85% of the planet from orbit, and killing billions of humans really worth it just to take out a few locust? And how the hell are they going to survive with nearly all of humanity wiped from existence at the start of 3??? And as for restarting humanity, that one chick from the AMA footage is going to have a real rough future...

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By Brendan

@Mikemcn said:

Not specifically related to Gears of War 3, but why is Sera such a fucked up planet? I've only played sections of the game but I googled some of the backstory, was glassing 85% of the planet from orbit, and killing billions of humans really worth it just to take out a few locust? And how the hell are they going to survive with nearly all of humanity wiped from existence at the start of 3???

These things confuse me...

To expand on this question, is there any sort of civilization left on Sera at this point? Is there just smatterings of small villages in small parts of the world cut off from each other or something?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mikemcn

@Brendan said:

@Mikemcn said:

Not specifically related to Gears of War 3, but why is Sera such a fucked up planet? I've only played sections of the game but I googled some of the backstory, was glassing 85% of the planet from orbit, and killing billions of humans really worth it just to take out a few locust? And how the hell are they going to survive with nearly all of humanity wiped from existence at the start of 3???

To expand on this question, is there any sort of civilization left on Sera at this point? Is there just smatterings of small villages in small parts of the world cut off from each other or something?

According to the GOW wiki, they nuked 85% of the planet to kill the locust, the remaining humans then retreated to Jacinto Plateau, the only large intact landmass on Sera, which then got sunk into the Earth and flooded, or Eaten by a worm, either way that shits fucked, and now they're stuck on a chain of Islands somewhere and all civilization has devolved to the point of feudalism because the COG is gone and all thats left are random groups of stranded/Marcus & Friends. I really should just play the games...

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By zombie2011

I really hope Beserkers and Corpsers make an appearance in this game i really missed them in the second one. 

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By niamahai

how is Dizzy still alive?!

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By Daveyo520

Do you like Gears?

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By tim_the_corsair

@Sweep,

Does Marcus ever clarify just how good it is to see Jace?

Does Marcus say "Aww come on!" in a new, more erotic context with either Anya or Dom?

Finally, does Marcus hold his fingers to his ear even when Anya is standing next to him? My theory was always that she was actually standing behind him the whole time in both games, and that Marcus was just hard of hearing.

Thank you for your time, you are a Gentlemann and a Scholar.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By niamahai

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@Sweep, Does Marcus ever clarify just how good it is to see Jace? Does Marcus say "Aww come on!" in a new, more erotic context with either Anya or Dom? Finally, does Marcus hold his fingers to his ear even when Anya is standing next to him? My theory was always that she was actually standing behind him the whole time in both games, and that Marcus was just hard of hearing. Thank you for your time, you are a Gentlemann and a Scholar.

there were theories goin around that in Gears3 we will see Marcus sticking his finger into Anya, followed by "Anya come on!"

.. i m sorry.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#61  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Mikemcn said:

@Brendan said:

@Mikemcn said:

According to the GOW wiki, they nuked 85% of the planet to kill the locust, the remaining humans then retreated to Jacinto Plateau, the only large intact landmass on Sera, which then got sunk into the Earth and flooded, or Eaten by a worm, either way that shits fucked, and now they're stuck on a chain of Islands somewhere and all civilization has devolved to the point of feudalism because the COG is gone and all thats left are random groups of stranded/Marcus & Friends. I really should just play the games...

The COG glass all their own cities as a form of asset denial - not as much to kill the locust but to prevent them from stealing cog technology and resources - though this was 15 years before the events taking place in Gears 3. Yes, they have been reduced to a small number of primitive settlements with technology that they cannot afford to lose because they have no way of replacing it.

@niamahai said:

how is Dizzy still alive?!

This is actually handled by the Gears graphic novels which explain how Tai risked his life to save Dizzy and goes into more detail about the torture to which he was submitted after he was captured by Skorge.

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@Sweep, Does Marcus ever clarify just how good it is to see Jace? Does Marcus say "Aww come on!" in a new, more erotic context with either Anya or Dom? Finally, does Marcus hold his fingers to his ear even when Anya is standing next to him? My theory was always that she was actually standing behind him the whole time in both games, and that Marcus was just hard of hearing. Thank you for your time, you are a Gentlemann and a Scholar.

I can't help but feel that you have already crafted a far more elaborate universe in your own mind than any legitimate gears author could ever hope to create.

@Daveyo520 said:

Do you like Gears?

Is this a trick question?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Vinny_Says

Is it true Anya is infertile? 
    I remember someone telling me that....fucking creepy....

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#63  Edited By Levio

Can humans ever coexist peacefully, or are we doomed to forever be in conflict no matter how unlimited our resources are?

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By niamahai

oh i completely forgotten about those Wildstorm comics awhile back.

is the lady COG who was previously a baby making slave in the game?

Jeff said that there are flashbacks in the game, I hope we get to see young nubile Marcus.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65  Edited By daiphyer

Anya kind of reminds of Ana. I don't know why.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@blacklabeldomm said:

Is it true Anya is infertile? I remember someone telling me that....fucking creepy....

Fuck, this question terrifies me for reasons I can't comprehend.

@Levio said:

Can humans ever coexist peacefully, or are we doomed to forever be in conflict no matter how unlimited our resources are?

It's hinted in the Gears 3 trailer that Adam Fenix is still alive and is infact being held captive by the Locust queen - who is forcing him to develop a cure for the lambent. This implies that at some point there are humans and locust communicating at the very least.... Lot's of people famed for wild speculation *coughKotakucough* have suggested that this will progress into an alliance between Humans and Locust in a similar way to Halo 3.

@niamahai said:

oh i completely forgotten about those Wildstorm comics awhile back.

is the lady COG who was previously a baby making slave in the game?

Jeff said that there are flashbacks in the game, I hope we get to see young nubile Marcus.

I have no idea, though those pregnancy farms are mentioned a couple of times in the books. That stuff was pretty messed up. I also look forward to some pendulum war-era flashbacks, that would be bananas!

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Do they flash forward at all to when Marcus, Dom, Cole, Baird, Anya, and Queenie (formerly Locust Queen) have formed a team competing in the Liandri-sponsored Unreal Tournament?

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Wait, who is sam? o.o

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@MordeaniisChaos:

No Caption Provided
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Enigma777

What's the proper ointment used to treat emulsion burns?

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By niamahai

if that is Sam what happens to the pink hair girl from the wildstorm comics? was she too exxxtreme for Epic?

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72  Edited By sparklykiss

If the Gears of War franchise was a woman, what type of woman would she be and would she be the pants in the relationship?

What if it was a menu item? How would you make a Gears of War salad?

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Sparklykiss said:

If the Gears of War franchise was a woman, what type of woman would she be and would she be the pants in the relationship?

She would have a penis.

@Sparklykiss said:

What if it was a menu item? How would you make a Gears of War salad?

Lot's of cucumber.

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Linkin10362
    @niamahai said:

if that is Sam what happens to the pink hair girl from the wildstorm comics? was she too exxxtreme for Epic?

She actually had red hair, but yes. A lot of people want Alex Brand (That's her name) to be in the game, but so far it seems like there is nothing. Of course Quentin and Padrick (Other important characters from the books and comics) are in the game, so it's not out of the question.

EDIT: Also to the person earlier who asked if Anya is infertile. It's implied that she is, Baird says in one of the books that "she can't have kids."
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @blacklabeldomm: @Sweep

I must be a moron...

What the fuck is creepy about an infertile woman?

I'm really good friends with a chick who's infertile, she seems like a cool chick, that doesn't need a condom.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#76  Edited By Slaker117
    @Doctorchimp: I think it's the asking/knowing that's creepy, not being infertile itself. It's just a weirdly personal thing to be curious about.
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By niamahai

well it is a known fact that Miranda (ME2) can never have children and nobody cares.

I just hope in the campaign we get to visit some of the baby making factories.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Doctorchimp said:
    @blacklabeldomm: @Sweep:   I must be a moron...  What the fuck is creepy about an infertile woman?  I'm really good friends with a chick who's infertile, she seems like a cool chick, that doesn't need a condom.
    I find it creepy that my friend told me that one time we were playing Gears of War, Sweep probably finds it weird that I relayed that question to him.

Also maybe your friend should still use a condom, being infertile doesn't make you immune to STDs.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@blacklabeldomm said:

@Doctorchimp said:
    @blacklabeldomm: @Sweep: I must be a moron... What the fuck is creepy about an infertile woman? I'm really good friends with a chick who's infertile, she seems like a cool chick, that doesn't need a condom.
    I find it creepy that my friend told me that one time we were playing Gears of War, Sweep probably finds it weird that I relayed that question to him. Also maybe your friend should still use a condom, being infertile doesn't make you immune to STDs.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#80  Edited By AhmadMetallic

ooooooooookay lets get back on the subject 

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @Sweep: @blacklabeldomm

Haha I threw that in there as an inside joke...that only my friends know...

Not really for you guys...or even them.

Just me....

Why do I feel so lonely all of a sudden?
    JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#82  Edited By JackiJinx
    @ZombiePie

Does this game have blood?

I thought this was a pacifist game :(
    Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't own a 360. Is this game coming out on PC, PS3 or DS?

thespartandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By thespartandon

@Scrumdidlyumptious said:

I don't own a 360. Is this game coming out on PC, PS3 or DS?

Sorry man, 360 and PSP only...

To answer a few questions I've seen is this thread but cannot be bothered to quote.

• Anya is indeed infertile, which is why she originally enlisted into the COG.

The answers to the other questions are kinda spoilerly but...

• Cliff has confirmed that there will be no alliance between the Human's and Locust. After what the two species have done to each other, it's pretty unlikely each would be willing to work with the other. Despite the Lambent threat. The whole Adam Fenix captured by the Locust seems more like a hostage situation to me, than the beginnings of an alliance.
    • Rod Fergusson also confirmed in some interview with a website (can't remember which one) that the people voted for Carmine to live in GoW3. To replace the 'redshirt' of the series, they've introduced an aptly named 'COG Gear' who is voiced by the Old Spice Guy.
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Given that Adam Fenix will play a bigger role in the third game....have you seen my keys?

drmadhatten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By drmadhatten

Congratulations on making the Community Spotlight! Well earned.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.