Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 4

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 07, 2016

Twenty five years have passed since the decimation of the Locust & Lambent threats on the planet Sera. However a new race of monsters have taken their place and JD Fenix, son of series protagonist Marcus Fenix, has taken up the mantle in helping to protect humanity.

Gears update trouble

KnellMoray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Howdy bombers

I hope this hasn't been discussed to death but I'm just REALLY frustrated.

Had Gears 4 for two days and was loving it. Then my internet went down (all over my city) so couldn't play campaigner offline (pretty annoying but whatever). Now that now internet is back its saying I need this update but the update WILL NOT WORK.

I've tried a few things, adding the AUInstall thing etc. but no dice. The download from the Microsoft store gets as far as 50.66 MB downloaded and then bamm. Generic Error code. 0x80073CF9 (which you cant copy paste btw way. You suck microsoft store)

Are other experiencing this and it is annoying the shit out of you too?

Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions?

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have major issues downloading any game from the Windows store (i had to resort to alternate means but shhh), but when it comes to updates i've been lucky so far though what usually happens with Forza and Gears is that the update will seemingly finish, but then i'll have to click update again in the store one or two more times before a pop up tells me it was successful.

Sorry i don't have any suggestions, the Windows store is complete garbage and over a year in has not improved at all.

KnellMoray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone this may help

Just uninstall and reinstall. Doesn't solve the problem sadly. I've had to do this several times but at least makes the bastard thing work. I dont know who dropped the ball on this one bu they did so with gusto

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.