Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GOG.com

Concept »

A digital distribution platform that focuses on providing DRM-free computer games, both old and new.

So I Hear You Like Giveaways?

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

GOG is currently doing a "500 Game Celebration" where 500 users will get any $9.99 game of their choice (this applies to one product) next Thursday at 10:59 AM (GMT.) Duders, jump on it! If you have anything sitting on GOG that you've been eyeing, but are mysteriously short of funds, then there's no reason not to do this. You get 5 entries just for completing a single question, so why not?

http://is.gd/PJ5YLv

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Already done, although I have the sinking suspicion that I already own all of the good games on GOG and am now positioned to get nothing but eastern european adventure games and whatever Interplay still has the rights to.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@ArbitraryWater: I think I "need" to buy the Ultima games still, since I never really dug any of them other than 7. Might play 8 and 9 just to experience the horrors.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Do you still like giveaways? I already own The Witcher: Enhanced Edition from GOG, but I bought a game and they included a gift copy.

The first interested party with super-100 posts can have the code, to be redeemed here: https://secure.gog.com/redeem.

Note: you will need a GOG.com account to redeem this code, but it you don't already have one, really, why aren't you buying classic, DRM-free, bonus content-packed games at great prices?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ripelivejam

this was kind of a cruel bump

(already have the witcher so not intererested but good luck to anyone else :) )

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SexyToad

@mlarrabee: Im all for free games!

EDIT: That sneaky delete button.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought most of the games on the GOG EA/Origin sale as a bundle, but there were two that I was debating purchasing. I did, but individually. Hey, they're willing to give The Witcher away and I've bought plenty from their library, so I don't feel bad about getting two copies.

So:

The first TWO interested parties with super-100 posts can have the codes, to be redeemed here: https://secure.gog.com/redeem.

Note: you will need a GOG.com account to redeem this code, but it you don't already have one, really, why aren't you buying classic, DRM-free, bonus content-packed games at great prices?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#9  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Just like ArbitraryWater, I think I own every single GOG game I'm interested in, barring a few that are no longer available for sale, such as Republic: The Revolution. I really hope it won't be long until stuff like Wing Commander: Prophecy, Dark Colony and Forsaken are released, so I can spend more money with them again.

Oh, 8 month old thread.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@mlarrabee: Hey, I'm interested, but what's a super-100 post?

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail said:

@mlarrabee: Hey, I'm interested, but what's a super-100 post?

The opposite of sub-100.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

I am interested in a free thing!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.