Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 29, 2010

Golden Sun returns on the Nintendo DS, starring the descendants of the original game's protagonists. It is the first entry on the DS, and the first in full 3D. It was released in Japan on October 28, 2010 and in North America on November 29, 2010.

Golden Sun DS, Now Coming To 3DS? (Rumour)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

An unconfirmed response from a Nintendo of America rep via BaxyZ strongly suggests Golden Sun 3DS as the platform of choice:  

No Caption Provided
    Wait for E3 for confirmation on this.    
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

This better not be true and/or not exclusive to the 3DS.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By halberdierv2

i really hope not .

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

I seriously doubt it... 

That said, this means we aren't getting Golden Sun DS for quite some time probbaly...
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Launch title.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By takua108

Aww shit, I could totally see this being a 3DS launch title. 

However, that screenshot is probably fake, because the title of the game is definitely not Golden Sun 3.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By oldschool

I mentioned this during the week ( What launch games do you want to see for the 3DS? ): 
     Now we are looking at a new DS, we will be turning our minds to what might be on the launch table.  There are already rumours that Golden Sun 3 will no longer come to the DS, but rather be a 3DS title (   Go to Source  ).   

I can see this happening as Nintendo will want some strong titles for the 3DS launch, and for traditional gamers, that don't come a lot stronger than Golden Sun.  I think in the end, if they switched the development to the 3DS and perhaps we see it in motion at E3, I could be very happy.  Maybe like Gamecube/Wii Zelda, they will launch it on both systems.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

It will certainly piss me off, I've been fucking waiting for years for a reason to own my DS it never gets playtime and I can theoretically pirate the games since I own an cyclosDS *mostly used for the cheating function its about the same price as a action replay but has more codes* even though I could pirate there hasn't been many games worth my time so my ds just sits there, Golden sun would make me buy a game and actually play.
    I loath all faux 3d so I likely won't pick up 3DS
    Edit: cheat functions as in I rent a ds game or buy one then download the rom and cheat on that. Action replay sucks I refuse to purchase datel products anymore and the user made codes are often more and superior.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @oldschool:  I doubt there's much they would have to do apart from bump up the quality of graphics and sound, after all, the 3D effects that the 3DS supposedly uses isn't software run, it done via the screen itself by how it's able to display regular 2D imagery. Of course, there are ways to accentuate the 2D effect by composing the 2D graphics in a certain way, so I think that's what they'd be doing if it is true.  I hope so as much as you, a good RPG, a solid platformer, and a racing game (Mario Kart) would do wonders for it's launch. "
    I am quite confidant that the launch of the 3DS could be the best in a long time, with some really strong titles.  I think Nintendo have learned a lot from the DS and Wii that will be used for the 3DS.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By animateria

Since the 3DS is backwards compatible it can still go either way. But I'm willing to trust Nintendo on this one since the DS has given me so much fun.

Well, unless it looks like the DS phat anyways.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ryanwho

They didn't appear to be terribly far along as it is. Let's make a reasonable assumption for a change and assume they found out the 3DS would be released by the time they projected to complete their DS game and reacted accordingly.

solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By solidlife

I hope Not I wont GS now. But it could be cool to watch 3D summons.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By rallier

A 3DS compatible thing would not surprise me.

TinaWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TinaWood

I loved the GBA game!. I hope this is true.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @animateria said:
    " Since the 3DS is backwards compatible it can still go either way. But I'm willing to trust Nintendo on this one since the DS has given me so much fun.  Well, unless it looks like the DS phat anyways. "
     Yea. I doubt they would make this a 3DS exclusive even if they could anyway, there's way too much money in this franchise to be launching it on a new handheld exclusively. It will likely run on both, adding new features for those running the game on 3DS. "
    That is the thing with a new platform, in particular for about the first year.  With about 120,000,000+ Ds units out there, why would you risk going only to the new platform when you can make it for both?  They can get the newcomers to the 3DS and at the same time get to the vast number with a DS.  When the 3DS has sufficient numbers in the market to be self sustaining, about 10 million or so, then it is safe enough to go with the exclusive to the new platform angle.
    BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BrickRoad

Wasn't that essentially what Nintendo was saying about the Mother series for a long time? 'No information at the moment, but keep your eyes peeled'. Nothing happened though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.