Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gotham City Impostors

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Freelance vigilantes in superhero garb take on psychopathic criminals wearing clown makeup in this (now free-to-play) Batman-themed multiplayer first-person shooter.

Everybody go buy this game! It's so much fun!

• 71 results
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

I'm not a multiplayer kind of guy. I used to be, back when Modern Warfare and Gears Of War were the thing.

But since then, I've dropped out. Secluded back to single player videogames, and I haven't regretted it since.

However, Gotham City Impostors is awesome! I've never really felt like I've been completely outclassed or unable to deal with enemies, though the body types certainly do come with different benefits and rewards. It seems to avoid the general multiplayer frustration by always giving you something kooky to laugh at. If it's not the killing shot one-liner that gets you, maybe it's the out-of-place music or hilarious outfits.

Plain and simple: this game is pure fun, and you should play it!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Buy it for me? 

But ya watching the quick look made me want it. 

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

I kinda want it too but the PC version is fucked apparently so :/

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Canteu

The shotguns are monstrously OP, the bow is for twats who don't understand how to have fun while playing video games and the freezegun doesn't freeze consistently.

Other than that, everyone should buy this game.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Karl_Boss

I don't feel like it.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm

@Canteu said:

The shotguns are monstrously OP, the bow is for twats who don't understand how to have fun while playing video games and the freezegun doesn't freeze consistently.

Other than that, everyone should buy this game.

It sounds like somebody got rolled hard.

Like I said, pure fun to be had, and I hope more people check this game out. It's just good, goofy fun.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Canteu

@Napalm: No, no i did not. I just see imbalances as soon as they are presented to me. Freeze gun doesn't work on airborne targets. It doesn't freeze heavy body types either.

Shotgun is almost OHK on mighty, which is a bit too much.

The bow is a OHK, to any part of the body. It's for twats, who like to sit in corners and don't understand the meaning of the sheer amount of fun to be had by any of the other weapons and tactics.

Case in point, Arthur was using the bow on the TNT. This man is a soulless fun dumpster.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

@Canteu: I do agree on the bow, but not any other of your points. I haven't seen the freezer yet so it hasn't been an issue.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Barrock

Are you playing it on the PC?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Watching a few youtube gameplay videos, it literally looks like a Black Ops mod. I'll pass on the gliding and shooting and the perks, thanks!

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Dany

The look of the game is uninspired, very plain considering the direction they wanted to take it. Enemies and friendies are hard to differentiate along with the objectives being hard to find. The layout of the menus could use some work.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#12  Edited By Wemibelle

I've been considering it. I just wonder how devoted the fanbase will be. I don't feel like spending $15 on a game that might be dead in a month.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it and I can't get into a game. Probably because I live in an isolated country. Goddamnit why do PC games have dumb console matchmaking now instead of dedicated servers =(

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By granderojo

I would warn people to hold off to buy it on steam until the next patch because it's broken for me and I'd hate for anyone to have the same experience I'm having(terrible framerate for no apparent reason).

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CL60
    @AhmadMetallic
    Watching a few youtube gameplay videos, it literally looks like a Black Ops mod. I'll pass on the gliding and shooting and the perks, thanks!
    No.
    BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BisonHero

@Scrumdidlyumptious said:

I bought it and I can't get into a game. Probably because I live in an isolated country. Goddamnit why do PC games have dumb console matchmaking now instead of dedicated servers =(

It's probably nothing to do with your location. Word on the street is that the matchmaking is INCREDIBLY busted, particularly on the PS3 and PC. It's seemingly better on the 360, but still screws up some of the time.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Canteu

@Napalm: Don't get me wrong. The freeze gun is my favourite weapon by miles, I just wish it worked better :(

You'll start to notice the shotguns. I'm playing with a friend and we're both using the mighty body type.

We went in to cap a gasblaster, and boom, both of us dead in a second from one guy with the high damage shotgun.

I'm not really whining about it, just think it's a bit too hard of a counter to the heavy body types is all.

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RoyCampbell

Ninja smoke bomb, Mighty body type, and the jackhammer; mere few days since release and people already have it figured out. The jackhammer was especially an issue in the beta and it makes me laugh how it wasn't addressed in the full release.

That and the typical snipers will stagnate this game real fast. I also find myself wishing they hadn't gone the way of custom classes. I'd have preferred being able to customize the preset classes. 

But yeah, I unfortunately missed the first and second day of the game's release, arguably the best times to play an online shooter; you jump on now and people are already well above level 20 with their custom classes tricked out and ready to roll right over you.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By napalm

@RoyCampbell: I was still in plenty of games with people under level ten.

@Canteu: People have been mixing up their tactics. I haven't seen many shotguns, so far. In one game somebody might be dominating with an SMG. In another game, another weapon. I hardly see the same loadouts. It still feels fun and refreshing. Beside, I don't take these shooters that seriously. The goofy nature reminds me to have a good time bouncing around the level like an idiot.

@BisonHero said:

@Scrumdidlyumptious said:

It's probably nothing to do with your location. Word on the street is that the matchmaking is INCREDIBLY busted, particularly on the PS3 and PC. It's seemingly better on the 360, but still screws up some of the time.

Don't be dumb. A lot of the time it does have to do with the location of a player. I'm on the PlayStation 3 and I had no issues finding matches.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kindgineer

I wish I had the $, but sadly I feel i'll miss the launch population :/

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cloudenvy

I'll pass, the beta turned me off.

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ABK_92

@Canteu said:

@Napalm: No, no i did not. I just see imbalances as soon as they are presented to me. Freeze gun doesn't work on airborne targets. It doesn't freeze heavy body types either.

The bow is a OHK, to any part of the body. It's for twats, who like to sit in corners and don't understand the meaning of the sheer amount of fun to be had by any of the other weapons and tactics.

Case in point, Arthur was using the bow on the TNT. This man is a soulless fun dumpster.

So mad.

RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RavenX302

@Canteu said:

Other than the fact you have to have the bow fully pulled back and it is very easy to miss your shot, (also it doesn't instantly kill the latter two body types)

I've used the bow a few times to see what it was like. very odd weapon to use in a FPS. rather just stick to the old dawn patrol, but the fact you whine about the bow and think the Shotgun is basically fair make it sound more like you don't have a fucking clue about imbalances in a game.

Honestly, the game is so hectic in very tight corridors that at the end of it, it doesn't really matter a lot of the time and the people using bows are super easy to kill on there own.

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shun_Akiyama

I didn't like the demo.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By napalm

@RavenX302 said:

@Canteu said:

Other than the fact you have to have the bow fully pulled back and it is very easy to miss your shot, (also it doesn't instantly kill the latter two body types)

I've used the bow a few times to see what it was like. very odd weapon to use in a FPS. rather just stick to the old dawn patrol, but the fact you whine about the bow and think the Shotgun is basically fair make it sound more like you don't have a fucking clue about imbalances in a game.

Honestly, the game is so hectic in very tight corridors that at the end of it, it doesn't really matter a lot of the time and the people using bows are super easy to kill on there own.

I also agree with this. It never comes down to, "well, I have a more powerful weapon." Any weapon can dominate on any map.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Canteu

@RavenX302: I didn't say the shotgun was fair, not quite sure where you're getting that from.

I've been using the freeze gun for pretty much the entire time I've been playing now, and I am basically MVP every match.

I choose to use weapons that require skill. I choose to win in a way that is most fun for me to play, not whatever the most powerful or easiest weapon to use is.

Getting one shotted from across the map (or indeed doing this to somebody myself) is not fun.

Saying I don't understand balance when you come out with a shiner like "It is very easy to miss your shot" is pretty fucking farcical - Aim better perhaps? This is not a balancing issue, this is down to player skill.

Nes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nes  Online

@RavenX302 said:

the people using bows are super easy to kill on their own.

This. A million times this.

This game is wicked fun and I highly recommend it.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By scarace360

i would if the pc version wasnt fucked.

RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RavenX302

@Canteu said:

@RavenX302: I didn't say the shotgun was fair, not quite sure where you're getting that from.

I've been using the freeze gun for pretty much the entire time I've been playing now, and I am basically MVP every match.

I choose to use weapons that require skill. I choose to win in a way that is most fun for me to play, not whatever the most powerful or easiest weapon to use is.

Getting one shotted from across the map (or indeed doing this to somebody myself) is not fun.

Saying I don't understand balance when you come out with a shiner like "It is very easy to miss your shot" is pretty fucking farcical - Aim better perhaps? This is not a balancing issue, this is down to player skill.

its a one shot bow. I never said anything about that having to do with the balance....its the fact that you have to draw it all the way and if you miss your open. Thats the way it works

Aim better? that wasn't even my point from balancing, its was just another simple fact.

Your whining over something so small and stupid. You act like it breaks the game.

you use SKILL??

its a game buddy. Don't give your self that much credit

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By theveej

@wemibelec90 said:

I've been considering it. I just wonder how devoted the fanbase will be. I don't feel like spending $15 on a game that might be dead in a month.

I'v been thinking the same thing, can anyone clarify how busy the matchmaking is on xbox live? Really want to get it but I dont want to just play it for a few days. I really liked what I have seen from this game so I might just get it. (I need to buy $20 worth of points if i want to play it....... FUCK U XBOX LIVE POINTS!!!!!!!!!!)

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Thoseposers

I was playing the xbox trial and getting awful matchmaking bugs, anyone else get that? But when I did get in the game was pretty awesome

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Canteu

@RavenX302: Your contradictions are supreme. I don't even know what the fuck you're babbling on about now as evidently you don't either. You seem to just want to try and argue with me as you have shifted your "opinion" about 3 times without any real meaningful reason. I'll just leave your stupidity where it is...

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BPRJCTX

@theveej said:

@wemibelec90 said:

I'v been thinking the same thing, can anyone clarify how busy the matchmaking is on xbox live? Really want to get it but I dont want to just play it for a few days. I really liked what I have seen from this game so I might just get it. (I need to buy $20 worth of points if i want to play it....... FUCK U XBOX LIVE POINTS!!!!!!!!!!)

Played for like 2 hours today, and i was getting out of lobbys at the end of the match, to change things up with my character, and it never took more then 10-30 seconds to find another full lobby.

It's pretty great, seems like a lot of ppl are playing this game.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hbkdx12

I like the look and feel of the game and the direction they took it and would love to support it except i loathe competitive online shooters because i suck when it comes to dealing with human counterparts and all the lil nuances and tactics that they employ to ensure self preservation 

On a sidenote, game devs should develop a SP A.I. that has the potential to rival online, human behaviors. Could possibly get people more acclimated to playing MP without feeling they're getting rolled on because they're ill-equipped in respects to the tactics that people use online

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By project343

@Dany said:

The look of the game is uninspired, very plain considering the direction they wanted to take it. Enemies and friendies are hard to differentiate along with the objectives being hard to find. The layout of the menus could use some work.

This could be the most pessimistic, overly cynical, three sentence review of a game that I've ever seen. Personally, I think the stark contrast of a realistic-looking environment set in a world of extreme ridiculousness is a meaningful juxtaposition that makes the game feel wholly original from an artistic standpoint. Moreover, this clash of styles fits in narratively and from a gameplay standpoint. I mean, you're sliding around on rollerblades while gunning people down with a red-dot-sighted AK-47.

With regards to the other points, I haven't had any issues with either of them. So I can't really say much else.

SirDancelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SirDancelot

I'm enjoying the game on XBL so far. I have noticed a trend of either heavies with body armor dominating or the more nimble body types skating around with shotguns and fucking me up. Heavies seem easier to counter since they're much easier to hit, use power weapons etc, but has anybody had any luck countering really fast moving glass cannons? Maybe I need to play with the stick sensitivity, since you rotate too slowly when aiming down sights, and are too inaccurate when shooting from the hip. Thoughtful feedback would be appreciated.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By stackboy

Was going to make a thread, but here's just as good to ask. Does it feel like this game will have longevity in the community? Like 3 months at least?

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#38  Edited By galiant

I love it, when playing. Unfortunately I have to wait so damn long to get a game going because the PC matchmaking is busted! I wait more than I play, which is not fun. I wish they would fix it.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Stackboy said:

Was going to make a thread, but here's just as good to ask. Does it feel like this game will have longevity in the community? Like 3 months at least?

It's hard to say, there haven't been a lot of online only multiplayer games on XBLA.

The other one i can remember is Battlefield 1943, and i never played that, so i don't know if that's still active or not.

But what i can say is, it's pretty active right now, on the 360, you get in matches in less than a minute.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By napalm

@SirDancelot said:

I'm enjoying the game on XBL so far. I have noticed a trend of either heavies with body armor dominating or the more nimble body types skating around with shotguns and fucking me up. Heavies seem easier to counter since they're much easier to hit, use power weapons etc, but has anybody had any luck countering really fast moving glass cannons? Maybe I need to play with the stick sensitivity, since you rotate too slowly when aiming down sights, and are too inaccurate when shooting from the hip. Thoughtful feedback would be appreciated.

I started noticing this last night, actually. Before it wasn't much of an issue, but it was very apparent - especially since I'm playing a light body type (the girl). I get taken down a bit easier than normal.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By sopranosfan

@BPRJCTX said:

@Stackboy said:

It's hard to say, there haven't been a lot of online only multiplayer games on XBLA.

The other one i can remember is Battlefield 1943, and i never played that, so i don't know if that's still active or not.

But what i can say is, it's pretty active right now, on the 360, you get in matches in less than a minute.

I was actually playing Battlefield 1943 the other day and it was still active.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BPRJCTX

@sopranosfan: Wow, that's great, considering how long that's been out, and the fact that Battlefield fans have Battlefield 3.

Then i expect this game to keep a pretty active faithful community, for a long time.

They need to keep support for it though, new maps, weapons, and maybe even new modes, should keep coming, to keep ppl playing.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ccampb89 said:

Multiplayer games today are all about the launch population.. then they get shelved one month later as we move on to a newer game for the launch population of it. Fucking laughable.
    kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kindgineer

@AhmadMetallic said:

@ccampb89 said:

Multiplayer games today are all about the launch population.. then they get shelved one month later as we move on to a newer game for the launch population of it. Fucking laughable.

Okay...I am not sure I understand you're point in quoting me. I stated I will miss the launch population which will make me sad?

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I want to pick this up. It's my kind of nonsense.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By Milkman

Bought this last night, played like 4 games and got absolutely worked in every single one. Guess I'm already too late.

BrianP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BrianP

This game is my first competitive online experience and I am really enjoying it. I think the goofy nature of it is counteracting the otherwise bro-y vibe I get from other shooters. I've noticed a few times though that I will randomly switch sides mid round in team death match. Is this a common thing to happen? It really throws me off.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#48  Edited By Mystyr_E

I really want to like it but then it does things that completely piss me off. Yeah okay the free update has improved matchmaking but that's for finding games and whatnot so why does the game not completely stop or cancel the match if 5 people quit out or disconnect?

blueinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By blueinferno

I don't have the money right now. And when payday comes, there's other arcade games I'm more interested in. Like Alan Wake, Warp, Shank 2 and I Am Alive.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MikkaQ

It looks like a lot of fun, but I'm always rather weary with multiplayer XBLA games, they tend to drop off like a rock after a couple months.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.