Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gotham City Impostors

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Freelance vigilantes in superhero garb take on psychopathic criminals wearing clown makeup in this (now free-to-play) Batman-themed multiplayer first-person shooter.

Everybody go buy this game! It's so much fun!

• 71 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By musubi

@Napalm said:

I'm not a multiplayer kind of guy. I used to be, back when Modern Warfare and Gears Of War were the thing.

Huh? Last I checked both were still pretty damn popular franchises. =\

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By MistaSparkle

I am in LOVE with this game. These guys understand how to make a fucking fantastic FPS that is not just a your average modern warfare or whatever. I'm super impressed and hope we can get some sort of game night thing going on GB.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By ajamafalous

Has anyone been able to play on PC? The game looks slightly interesting but I've heard the PC matchmaking is all kinds of busted.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By BPRJCTX

@MikkaQ said:

It looks like a lot of fun, but I'm always rather weary with multiplayer XBLA games, they tend to drop off like a rock after a couple months.

What games are those?

The only other online multiplayer only game i know of on Xbox Live, is Battlefield 1943, and as you can see in a post above, someone confirmed that it's still active, years after release.

I expect this game to do as well, on Xbox Live.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By napalm

@BPRJCTX: There's other ones such as Blacklight: Tango Down which doesn't do great, but it does okay. Well enough to get a sequel, I believe.

@Demoskinos said:

@Napalm said:

I'm not a multiplayer kind of guy. I used to be, back when Modern Warfare and Gears Of War were the thing.

Huh? Last I checked both were still pretty damn popular franchises. =\

I'm not referring to the franchise. I'm referring to the installment.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#56  Edited By bibamatt

Bought this on a whim after reading the GB review. I'm a big fan of Battlefield/COD/etc but thought I'd tried this. LOVING IT. I think limiting your access to costumes/guns/perks and gradually letting you unlock everything works really well in this. The costume bits are such a drive to level up and the weapons all feel legitimately different. Love seeing the damage numbers pop up (a la Borderlands) too.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@bibamatt: If only the game didn't lock up the body types as well.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@theveej said:

@wemibelec90 said:

I've been considering it. I just wonder how devoted the fanbase will be. I don't feel like spending $15 on a game that might be dead in a month.

I'v been thinking the same thing, can anyone clarify how busy the matchmaking is on xbox live? Really want to get it but I dont want to just play it for a few days. I really liked what I have seen from this game so I might just get it. (I need to buy $20 worth of points if i want to play it....... FUCK U XBOX LIVE POINTS!!!!!!!!!!)

Pro tip: Buy $5 of MS points, then buy $10.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@ajamafalous said:

Has anyone been able to play on PC? The game looks slightly interesting but I've heard the PC matchmaking is all kinds of busted.

I've played it for about 5 hours according to Steam and only gotten into 7 games. Matchmaking is fucked. I've given up for now until they add dedicated servers.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By MikkaQ

@BPRJCTX said:

@MikkaQ said:

It looks like a lot of fun, but I'm always rather weary with multiplayer XBLA games, they tend to drop off like a rock after a couple months.

What games are those?

The only other online multiplayer only game i know of on Xbox Live, is Battlefield 1943, and as you can see in a post above, someone confirmed that it's still active, years after release.

I expect this game to do as well, on Xbox Live.

Congrats you found literally the only exception. I could list every other Xbox Live Arcade game with multiplayer, but that'd be a waste of everyone's time. I have a friend who plays 1943 a lot anyway, and he says it's pretty hard to get a full game going.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BPRJCTX

@MikkaQ: I'm talking about Online Multiplayer "Only" games, on Xbox Live.

What if other XBLA games have an online component, those are not games that you can "only" play online, that's what we're talkin about here.

With Gotham City Impostors, there have only been 2 other games like that on Xbox Live (that i know of), one really successful (Battlefield 1943), and the other one, from what i've heard, died pretty fast.

Battlefield 1943, going by one user above, is still active, years after release, so i expect this game to keep active for a whille.

At least untill fall, with Halo 4 and the new COD.

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By dandead

Heavy body type with the Glide Punch + Rocket Launcher attack can also be very devastating providing you can land that first hit that is.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By MrOldboy

Will buy when on sale and a bunch of people buy it when its the deal of the week on xbl. Not sure if worth $15 to me.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#64  Edited By bibamatt

Wow, I just started a new load-out of the healing gun thing plus the googles that let you spot people. Suddenly turned into TF2 Medic! This game is awesome.

mr_ink_5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By mr_ink_5000

Love the game, but the match making and save corruptions are going to kill a potential PS3 fanbase. Mono are looking into fixing the save corruptions, i just hope they do it in time. the first new map DLC will be free, which will get some on board

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By valiantgrizzly

Absolutely loving it. Played 1 match in the free trial, immediately unlocked the full game after that. It has already replaced MW3 as the "just shoot dudes for an hour after I get home from work"-game. I just really hope they patch the problems it has, and that there'll still be people playing in a few weeks or months.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By rentfn

I really want to...but I am reaching new levels of poor. Stop mocking me!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
    deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this game, it's so much fun. There's a lot of different things to try out. Highly recommend it.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By napalm

@rawrsair said:

I love this game, it's so much fun. There's a lot of different things to try out. Highly recommend it.

Yes! See the liiiight!

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#70  Edited By DocHaus

New patch apparently came out for the 360 today? Can anyone comment on the matchmaking issues and if they've been fixed?

Okay okay there's also new weapons (including a katana that can block some damage) and map and some costume pieces but honestly I'm just hoping that the matchmaking horror stories will have died down a bit.

syzygyeolith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By syzygyeolith

Matchmaking is slightly better.

In the same way that slamming your little finger in a car door is slightly better than slamming your thumb.

Oh yeah, and the game freezes up at the end of every match now, so I need to return to my dashboard and relaunch the game again to play another round.

Well.. I say 'need'.. maybe I'll just wait for the next patch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.