Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Gran Turismo 5 missing from Best Buy shelves / website

zurichazure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By zurichazure

I stopped into my local Best Buy two days ago and wanted to pick up a copy of Gran Turismo 5, and none were to be found. After talking to a salesperson they said that they had none on order - they found that odd too. 'll probably pick up from elsewhere, but with all of the DLC coming out recently, maybe there will be a GOTY or Greatest Hits in the next few months.

SimplyTron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SimplyTron

Nah, it is probably because it is a piece of shit. Have you seen the car models? Looks like they ported a lot of them from GT3.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By AndrewB

Huh. That's interesting. Searching the site brings up a big GT5 banner, but they only have a used option for buying. Random...

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Sander
    this may be the reason why. 
    GT5 is on SpecII now so instead of every new purchaser having to download(or not being able to download) SpecII, it'll be included/implemented in the game disc.
    zurichazure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By zurichazure

i bought the game at release, then traded it in because everything seemed half-baked. since Spec II, have things improved? at one point, I thought that Polyphony stated that the normal cars would be changed over to premium models. seemed far fetched to me.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Red12b

@SimplyTron said:

Nah, it is probably because it is a piece of shit. Have you seen the car models? Looks like they ported a lot of them from GT3.

dumbass

Most of the cars look gorgeous yeah some of them have been ripped from gt4, but when you're racing you don't really see it,

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Contrarian

@SimplyTron said:

It isn't perfect, but it isn't as you describe. I have played Forza 3 and GT5 and find them both enjoyable and they equally have strebgths and weaknesses, but they are still the best around if you love to race. I am playing it now on B-Spec as we type - pick the fastest car and go do something else.

I could easily see a GOTY version coming out, everything seems to have one.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jetsetwillie

@SimplyTron said:

this post said one thing about you. it said 'ive never played GT5'

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Red12b

@Contrarian said:

@SimplyTron said:

It isn't perfect, but it isn't as you describe. I have played Forza 3 and GT5 and find them both enjoyable and they equally have strebgths and weaknesses, but they are still the best around if you love to race. I am playing it now on B-Spec as we type - pick the fastest car and go do something else.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-xl-edition-full-details-box-art-released/

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Contrarian

@Red12b said:

@Contrarian said:

@SimplyTron said:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-xl-edition-full-details-box-art-released/

I don't really see the point of that if you already have the game. It would have to be more than the cost of the DLC it added. If you don't have the game it is good, but otherwise it is a no sale for me.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Red12b

@Contrarian:

You were asking I let you know you were correct, of course no one would buy this if they already had it, but it's nice that it's out there, wish it was in pal regions tho

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Sander
    Predicting something that was already talked about in the previous month impresses everybody!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.