Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Any cool open-world jank?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DystopiaX

So with any open-world games come open world weirdness, and in my experience GTA has a lot of really cool ones. So did anything funny/weird/hilarious happen to you?

For the first heist mission, one of the vans I needed to get in preparation was semi-translucent for some reason. You could see the color of the truck and the logo on it but you could also see through it, and Michael was sitting on thin air, solid, for some reason.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

When you hit a bird with the helicopter blade it usually results in a spray of blood and feathers. Once my helicopter blew up though.

I got on a jetski at one of the races and a wave knocked me over towards another racer. I only lightly tapped him but he sank and then blew up, killing me.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Jump then immediately punch and you fall down. Very derpy rag doll

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie

Driving along with a 1 star wanted level when I hear this massive explosion behind me. Turn around and it looked like a cop car had "telefragged" a bus and another car

Oh and numerous times when I tried to activate Franklin's special ability he decided to launch himself out of his car which is the last thing you want to do in those situations

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I've found spot where I can fall through the world, fall through space and then reappear a few blocks away as if nothing happened. I found it swimming in someone's pool in their back yard. On climbing out... WOOOAH FALLING. Went back and did it a load more times. Happens every time.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Strife777

I've switched to Franklin at some point and he was driving his default car, but there was no wheels/brakes, doors, hood and trunk. Looked pretty funny.

It's not really open-world jank, but I find it funny when you try to jump over a ledge too soon and your guy just hits it at the waist and ragdolls like an idiot instead of triggering the "vault-over" animation.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie: DUDE! This happens to me! Are you on PS3? If so, try pressing L3 harder than normal at any point with any character. Does this initiate a bunch of random button presses? That is what happens on my controller, and I have died/lost missions because I was playing too enthusiastically. I think it's a hardware problem, though, because my roommate is on PS3 as well and I've tried to duplicate it on his controller with no luck.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lusence

more of a weird bug when you go to the movie premiere and find out your family is being held captive. anyways the part where michaels daughter is being held hostage by a guy behind her and i plugged her with my shotgun, she falls over dead and a 2nd model of her pops up and the game keeps going, only 2 of her...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I once encountered a black male cop in Vinewood with a female valley girl sorta voice. It was extra funny because when I told the cop to fuck off or what have you, his/her's response was screaming in fear, yet was also still plenty content in gunning me down at the same time.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MeierTheRed

Can't think of a single thing, well there was a car flying across the screen as a cut scene was about to start. But thats pretty much it.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@kcin said:

@pie: DUDE! This happens to me! Are you on PS3? If so, try pressing L3 harder than normal at any point with any character. Does this initiate a bunch of random button presses? That is what happens on my controller, and I have died/lost missions because I was playing too enthusiastically. I think it's a hardware problem, though, because my roommate is on PS3 as well and I've tried to duplicate it on his controller with no luck.

As a PS3 user I'll tell you this hasn't been a problem for me, ever. ~50 hours with the game.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

During one of the bounty hunter missions I could not find the target at the specified location. Knowing that I had the right place, I naturally murdered everyone in sight. This then got me a wanted level and the pigs came rolling in. After running up the mountain and burning out the wanted level, I immediately went back down to try and find the mark. It just so happens that he spawned in and began to opened fire on me. I put a slug in his groin and the guy calmed right down and submitted.

However, the cops had not left that area and I guess assigned a wanted level on the NPC. They began firing at the man. The dude got absolutely riddled with bullets and fell down. For a split second I got worried that I botched another bounty mission. Suddenly, the mark got up and continued talking (the cops continued firing). I was able to slowly kite the guy to my chopper to get the hell out of there.

I don't think that was a bug (but an intentional safety valve) but, boy, am I happy that Rockstar did that. I would have been pissed if I 'failed' that mission because of some stupid cops.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Ramone

I once entered a cutscene with all three characters; Micheal was wearing full scuba gear including mask and Franklin was wearing his base jumping gear. It was pretty fucking special.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Grissefar

Once I switched to Trevor and he was driving behind some bikes on the road, screaming at them. Someone one of them ended up without a rider but kept going, and it took quite a bit of bumping to kill it.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once I switched to Trevor and he was driving behind some bikes on the road, screaming at them. Someone one of them ended up without a rider but kept going, and it took quite a bit of bumping to kill it.

SCOOTER BROTHERS?

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The very first time I loaded up the game, the world and NPCs and...god, like, 80% of content didn't spawn.

As soon as I got control of my floating gun, my guy popped in and then fell through the world into water, where I couldn't do anything.

Had to start a new game, and everything's been fine so far as far as I can tell.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

The train ran me over as I was trying to climb out from the tracks onto the platform and instead if dying it transported me inside it as a passenger.

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

One time I was standing in a road as Trevor. Had my phone open and was looking at a gas station. A car pulls into the gas station, parks, and then blows up. Then the tanks exploded. Then the building. It was insane. Turned around and turned back, station was back to normal. Lol.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i once walked into a barber shop and a dude held a gun to my head, they left and i ran outside and used michaels ability to shot their tires and killed them before they could reach the end of the block. It was like one of thosse scenes of awesome that play in movies to show how badass the hero is

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@kcin: Actually, yeah, I've had that happen repeatedly. I thought it was just my DS3 being wonky.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

The cops, when in vehicles, will dog you wherever you go, so you can have some spectacular Dukes of Hazzard/Blues Brothers moments bombing around in the hills and mountains with a dune buggy. I need to get better at taking pictures on the fly, because I've had at least three moments where several cop cars flipped ass-over-tea-kettle behind me for no good reason other than weird little environment jaggies. The best is leading them down steep inclines, particularly since the car physics are wonky enough that they can flip eight or nine times before coming to a stop.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Have cars pop in out of nowhere many times when driving fast cars, even cop cars who appear out of nowhere w/o being on the radar already that restart my wanted level.

Found Trevor hanging around his home while playing as Franklin. Blew up Trevor and his dead corpse was still in the world while I tried to switch to him. Game did the overworld loading thing then hovered over where Trevor was, then tried to load for about 30 seconds before reverting to Franklin. Would have been fine but once I was back to Franklin the controls were glitched so I could only walk forward or backward and could not rotate the camera at all. Also no HUD.

Game also glitched when I started a water ski race, but then proceded to quit by trying to leave the race area. Race didn't auto quit and I was stuck in a world with no NPC's and the cars weren't driven by anybody.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.