Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

GTA Online Compensation Announced

• 132 results
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Jimbo

Imaginary money is the best compensation.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'd rather have a beer

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't this screw up the stock market?

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Need to go back to the gold standard.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#55  Edited By musubi
    mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@49th said:

That seems dumb. Now everyone has the best everything.

Not really, that can only get you half of one super car or 1/3rd of a tank. Also, you can buy auto parts for your super car and they aren't cheap. I accidentally spent $5000 on a fancy paint job and $2000 on the first tier of engine upgrade for my sedan. I haven't looked at plane or boat prices yet but they would probably be upwards of a million each as well. Plus some of it you need to be a certain level to buy anyway.

I'm gonna spend it on either a car for racing since all my money comes from races, or all the clothes.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@probablytuna: No stock market in GTA online only story mode.

Oh really? Huh, I assumed Online had its own stock market since the BAWSAQ link is in the Online character's internet.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By spraynardtatum

@probablytuna: I think it's supposed to. Not right now though.

The stock market is the "cheetah speed" of GTA Online.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

My Enfinity XF passion project will soon come to fruition!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Actually, you know what. I know what I want. I want to buy a fucking tank. That's what I want. With that 500k + my own money I should be able to afford one. THEN THEN I wreak havoc. Either that or I use the 500k to put 10k bounties on everyone in my serve and watch in glee as they rip each other apart

That sounds like a way more fun and diabolical use of free money than some shitty tank.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@probablytuna: BAWSAQ works via what players are investing in. You may seen a post a week or so ago where there was a big organization for everyone to buy Pibwasser stock welll everyone must have because it shot up from $2 a share to like $50 a share now.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten said:

@joshth said:

Is there a way to turn down the money or get rid of it easily?

Just go out somewhere random and drop 500k and walk away and hope it despawns. OR someone is lucky enough to stumble over it

If you can drop 500k off the top of a skyscraper I want to totally do that

I think Ill just give the money to some random people.

Why can't you guys just be like normal people and make it rain on the strippers.

@humanity said:

It's a bit lame that they didn't bother to model separate interiors for these houses as both the richest apartments and poorest apartments all look identical on the inside.

Wait, really? What's the point then, other than location?

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lord_xp: Is he playing on PS3? either someone downloaded it for him, or he has it set to for automatic downloads. As others have said there is no way he could be online without the updates.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#64  Edited By Humanity

@markwahlberg: I was so excited to see Mark Wahlberg mention me!

Anyway I thought about editing that because it's a bit unclear. I mean each apartment in a particular "class" so to speak looks identical. For instance the 250k and 400k apartments both are identical, except one has a different view. The 80k and 88k apartments are both identical on the inside (those don't even get a window to the outside, there are blinds over all windows) Also a big missed opportunity for them was the ability to buy furniture for your place, which would not only be a great money sink for Rockstar to sell some $'s but would offer some degree of individuality to your personal pad. Currently if you and your bud both buy the same place it looks identical which is a bit boring.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gorillamopena said:

@zeforgotten said:

@joshth said:

Is there a way to turn down the money or get rid of it easily?

Just go out somewhere random and drop 500k and walk away and hope it despawns. OR someone is lucky enough to stumble over it

If you can drop 500k off the top of a skyscraper I want to totally do that

@demoskinos said:

I think Ill just give the money to some random people.

Why can't you guys just be like normal people and make it rain on the strippers.

Alright now we are talking. 16 people in the strip club at once making it rain 500k

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@humanity: Ah, I see. Say hi to your mother for me.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Optix12

Thanks to having a lot of monies already I have the best apartment and I got the coquette (corvette c7) and muscle car which needs upgrading in my garage. Also if you guys dont know the social club stuff I think also gives you the elegy free (you just got to find it in the motorsport website place)

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lego_my_eggo: it is on ps3. Would PS+ automatically update it for him?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@zeforgotten said:

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man said:

So....everyone can just go out and buy the best house after this?

Good news for you as you were recently talking about maybe not playing anymore since you lost a sizable amount of money due to server issues!

Personally I bought the second to shittiest house in the game (has good garage access) because I think it's funny to have a really awful house. It's a bit lame that they didn't bother to model separate interiors for these houses as both the richest apartments and poorest apartments all look identical on the inside. I'll probably use this money to buy some car or maybe an airplane hanger - do they have those in Online yet?

That's what I'll be doing, buying maybe the second worst House and then just waste the rest of the money on other stuff. Weapons, clothing, cars, planes, helicopters.. whatever

I guess I will buy the second worst house as well and buy a bunch of stupid stuff.

Maybe I'd suggest you guys get one of the mid-tier houses. There is one where the garage exit lines up perfectly with a ramp going off a balcony - sweet jumps every time you drive out of the garage. Now that I think about it, I'll probably get that one since they reimburse you for half value of your previous house purchase.

Next time we play can you show me where it is?

So how exactly do you know you will get this money? When will you get it?

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can have my cake and eat it too? YAY!

I've actually ended up grinding out the house and car I wanted but this will definitely go on my Attack Helicopter fund for once there's a way to get those parked somewhere. I've seen the listing for the attack helicopter too, so helicopter parking ought to be happening sometime!

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's cool of them to do that for their players, but bit of a weird move with the cash influx when they've seemingly been so careful when setting up the multiplayer economy of the game.

I would have expected XP or something instead, but hey, good for them. It's definitely much nicer than most companies are in this situation.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man: sure it's near the Beverly Hills area I think.

The money is supposed to be simply deposited into your account in two waves: 250k next week and another 250k by the end of the month. We will probably get it when the next patch drops that enables microtransaction purchases, but they said next week for first part.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lord_xp: If he set it up yes, it looks for recommended stuff to download and patches for the last couple of games played. They also made it free so you no longer need PS+ for that feature.

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#74  Edited By nutta27

Still leaves people needing another half mil for the best car in the game. I see this making rockstar a lot of money in micro transaction with people wanting to double there monies and get the veyron lookalike.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

I need $737.000 then i'm out

I like you.

Cleric22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th: I don't follow. I priced an apartment yesterday at $235,000. I still need to level to buy the guns, I still need to level to buy the rest of the car upgrades. The only thing this does is eliminate some of the pointless grinding in order to afford these things.

Or, with the first wave of 250,000 dollars you can make it rain 83,333.333 times at the strip club

tropesage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equitasinvictus: Planes, helicopters, boats, buses and RVs that you ownc get delivered by Perseus to specific locations.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equitasinvictus: Planes, helicopters, boats, buses and RVs that you ownc get delivered by Perseus to specific locations.

Yep, and I've read that you just need to pay a thousand dollars for insurance if they're destroyed.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legitimate question: have any of you actually had an experience in GTA Online that was as cool as that screenshot in the first post?

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I drove up once to a crew member, I think it was platinum kiz who jumped in my car adn we drove up to a random dude to say hi and popped a few shots. The guy started driving away and a legitimate chase scene happened for about 2 minutes with cuts between buildings and attempted sharp turns to remove the tail. Eventually he spun out and we cornered him i think on the highway and killed him then rolled out. That was a pretty cool moment

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#81  Edited By golguin

Legitimate question: have any of you actually had an experience in GTA Online that was as cool as that screenshot in the first post?

It's been fun to have several members of the giant bomb 360 crew in a helicopter and attacking people from up above. We eventually parachuted out of it and ran into a tank on the ground. Around 4 crew members joined a racing game and I threw some sticky bombs onto the tank and killed whoever was driving it before joining the racing game.

I'm sure a screenshot of that stuff would have looked pretty fun.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@bisonhero said:

It's been fun to have several members of the giant bomb 360 crew in a helicopter and attacking people from up above. We eventually parachuted out of it and ran into a tank on the ground. Around 4 crew members joined a racing game and I threw some sticky bombs onto the tank and killed whoever was driving it before joining the racing game.

I'm sure a screenshot of that stuff would have looked pretty fun.

Fair enough. I guess I mean that I wish every screenshot of GTA Online looked like some chaos from Garry's Mod, which would be way more honest. Who the fuck ever plays GTA Online with their mates by meticulously driving some cars, bikes, and helicopters in formation?

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Nope, but I have had some pretty fun moments with a few friends of mine. Like, one of my friends ramped a car onto the train with me and another friend on the train. Also me and Clonedzero went Littlebird flying a day or so ago; that was fun.

We need like, an all GB session or something. That would be great. I just wanna take a Titan and have a mass parachute drop onto Fort Zancudo.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By golguin

@capum15 said:

@bisonhero: Nope, but I have had some pretty fun moments with a few friends of mine. Like, one of my friends ramped a car onto the train with me and another friend on the train. Also me and Clonedzero went Littlebird flying a day or so ago; that was fun.

We need like, an all GB session or something. That would be great. I just wanna take a Titan and have a mass parachute drop onto Fort Zancudo.

When I send out invites only a couple of GB crew members join up. I think the number would be higher if the invites on the cell phone had a little crew icon to show the invite isn't coming from a random person.

Everyone also needs to set their aim mode to free aim. Can't play together with mixed aiming modes.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@capum15 said:

When I send out invites only a couple of GB crew members join up. I think the number would be higher if the invites on the cell phone had a little crew icon to show the invite isn't coming from a random person.

Everyone also needs to set their aim mode to free aim. Can't play together with mixed aiming modes.

Those 16 man races were pretty great last night while they lasted. It seems to be completely random when people join up and when the lobby just sits empty.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By golguin

@humanity said:

@golguin said:

@capum15 said:

Those 16 man races were pretty great last night while they lasted. It seems to be completely random when people join up and when the lobby just sits empty.

I'm guessing you were supHumanity. Those full lobby races were fun. I got screwed out of 2 first place finishes by NPC traffic turning right onto me at the very end. On one of the off road tracks it was me and just one other guy battling for 1st place. He wipes out in front of me and I clip an NPC vehicle and I just flip for a full 5 seconds right in front of the finish line. I end up finishing 5th. During the SUV rain race I was home free until I swerved to avoid an NPC vehicle and flew right past the the finish line and almost ended up over the cliff. I had to turn around and drive back to finish 4th.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@humanity said:

@golguin said:

@capum15 said:

I'm guessing you were supHumanity. Those full lobby races were fun. I got screwed out of 2 first place finishes by NPC traffic turning right onto me at the very end. On one of the off road tracks it was me and just one other guy battling for 1st place. He wipes out in front of me and I clip an NPC vehicle and I just flip for a full 5 seconds right in front of the finish line. I end up finishing 5th. During the SUV rain race I was home free until I swerved to avoid an NPC vehicle and flew right past the the finish line and almost ended up over the cliff. I had to turn around and drive back to finish 4th.

Yah that was me, some JERK registered the Humanity name on Xbox Live and it's just sitting there empty with no games played or anything! I like making races weird - like instead of racing super cars we race SUV's in the rain at night. Honestly I like making races take place at night in the rain, it seems like a recipe for disaster. On that race where it was off-road vehicles and bikes and culminated with the narrow wooden bridges I was in 2nd coming up on the number one spot when I drifted a bit too hard, clipped the railing of the bridge and proceeded to spin in mid air until I fell into the ditch, under the bridge. It's half infuriating and half amazing fun. I remember I was right behind you in one race and I clipped the back of your car sending you into a spin off the road - on accident of course, I'm kind of against the whole ramming into your opponents thing during races.

I also like GTA races but I wish you could turn off all weapons BUT the powerups. With the huge off GTA bike rice that begun with a massacre of half the riders I completely forgot that people would be shooting each other with SMG's - I envisioned how amazing it will be when we start shooting at each other with rockets, alas, it was an insane clusterfuck.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Capum15

@golguin: Yeah I've been wondering about the Free / Assisted aim mix for the 360 crew. I'll try switching to free aim next time I'm on and see how that goes (terribly, I suspect, as I keep it on to compensate for the godly AI shooting).

@humanity: That sounds like some insane fun. Do you know if aiming modes matter for races? Because I'd totally switch to join some of that.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Crash_Happy

@capum15: There's a Titan at TP Inc's airfield. Nice easy grab.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_happy: Yeah, I think they change according to your level? Or maybe once it hits Titan spawn it stays, but I had small prop planes before that. I flew that thing for about an hour. Landed it on the beach by the Pier twice.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Humanity

@capum15: I don't think aim modes have any bearing on races. It seems inconsistent anyway. I play with assisted aim and in GTA races where shooting is allowed I almost never experience lock on and have to aim manually. If I'm a passenger in like a rally race then it locks on though.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Capum15

@humanity: That's great to know!

Oh, yes, the topic...well that money is probably going to go to a Buzzard fund. Or maybe a Titan fund.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#93  Edited By pr1mus

This didn't look like that much in the grand scheme of things but i just looked at my stats on the social club and at rank 25 in about 25 hours i have made just about that, 500k.

I never lost a character and already got one of those high-end apartment so this will probably go towards a plane or chopper.

By the way where are the planes and choppers housed when you buy one since i can't see hangars or helipads for sale?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know when this is happening?

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In game fun bucks do not sweeten the deal, Rockstar. :D

allgrinzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So.. I'm level 52 after a week and a half of serious play... I ground up the 795,000 to get an entity SF last night. Bought it, hot pink, did a mission to make sure it'd save, then ran around and ambushed an armored car, quit to single player, logged out. Come back a few hours later cause I can't sleep. No car, No money, 21,000 to my name at rank 52. Not in the impound, no insurance claim to file, doesn't show up on mechanic list... *sighs* a 500k stimulus package doesn't even cover what I just lost 2 weeks out from the game going live. :( So bummed out right now, not angry, just feeling burnt from a game I was enjoying, especially after Rockstar's support just gave me the canned "we cannot help you" letter.

Blah, all urge to play gone. :( Especially after I saw "500k stimulus! I can use that to upgrade my Entity after I finally EARN enough to buy it tonight!" Not anymore aparently, getting a bonus that doesn't even cover what's lost.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When does this happen? Im gonna buy ALL the clothes I can.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheHumanDove

Too many negative ned and nancys in this thread

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allgrinzz: That's really weird. I haven't had any issues with saving this last week except for if the game or console freezes, I'll lose maybe 3 minutes or so of progress. That sucks.

@pr1mus: Pegasus is added to your contacts. You call 'em up and choose from a list. They'll drop the aircraft / boat / whatever to a nearby location. If it's destroyed, I read that it's a thousand dollars to get a replacement, so that stuff's insured.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any updates on this?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.