Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life

Franchise »

A celebrated series of award-winning FPS games which has consistently pushed the limits and expectations of the first-person shooter genre since its inception.

Half-life universe!

micfiygd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By micfiygd

So what are your favorite things about the half-life universe?

Personally I just can't get enough of the story.  I don't know what it is but there is something I find so interesting and intriguing about every single part of this series.  Some of the characters that have been created are so interesting and have really been deepening the mystery of whats really going on(who/what the hell is the g-man?!).

So lets hear it, what are your favorite things?

Issa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Issa

I totally agree with you... The story is awesome. Although when you tell it to someone who didn't play the game, it sounds very silly. For this reason, I think the story telling aspect is just brilliant.

My favorite thing in Half-Life got to be Freeman himself; A PhD graduate from MIT, and at the same time, a bad ass who is good at shooting aliens, and dudes in the face. How awesome is that!!

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By epic_pets

I like the look

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By DarkLegend

Graphics, gravity gun and story.

micfiygd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By micfiygd

Yeah telling the story to someone who hasn't played the game makes it sound dumb lol.  But once you actually play the game and see how the story unfolds and how it's told, becomes a completely different experience.    Also I think the way the game plays is great, for instance I can't stand the halo games because I just feel like there is something missing in the way the game plays, it's hard to explain...

j_meyer_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By j_meyer_13

Definitely the story, and the story-telling.  The characters are just flat-out amazing - especially Alyx ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.