Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 09, 2004

The sequel to Halo: Combat Evolved continues the epic story of humanity's last and best hope: the super-soldier Master Chief, as he defends Earth from a Covenant invasion and fights to prevent the activation of another Halo ring.

(Gaming Days x 30)^1337: Day 22: A game sequel which disappointed

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By 1337W422102
     Feels bad, man.
     Feels bad, man.
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.  A lot of people are cockhard for this game, but to me, it might as well have been a mod for GTA III.  I love the hell out of GTA III and played the shit out of it, so I was really excited for Vice.  But when I played Vice, it felt like more of the same, only with a story that makes no sense (GTA III had pretty much no story but didn't pretend to have one), and some new features which were kind of half-assed and not really all that fun.  The music was great, though, but Vice is more of a total conversion than a sequel.  I remember opening the box with my brother, and we looked at the map together.  He asked where the rest of the city was, and he was being serious.  Vice was a swing and a miss.

Also, " Halo 2 for Vista."  Talk about botching the PC release.  Gearbox did a decent job porting Combat Evolved to the PC in a timely fashion, but unfortunately Microsoft decided to do something DIFFERENT for the Halo 2 PC version.  Released way too late, only officially supported Vista to try to coax WinXP users to get a new OS, dated graphics, menus which show 360 controller buttons instead of keyboard keys, forcing Games for Windows Live down users' throats, requiring PC players to have Xbox Live Gold memberships for a console they don't own in order to access relatively standard features (such as ONLINE MULTIPLAYER) in a PC game they just bought (luckily, these nonsensical Gold-only restrictions were removed from GFWL titles - eventually), an editor that didn't work without patching/modification, a multiplayer server browser which STILL doesn't work properly (only detects games intermittently), no support or official patches except for one to remove an easter egg, and, perhaps most importantly, the game itself is awful.

There won't be any more Halo titles for the PC, and "Halo 2 for Vista" is a good reason why there SHOULDN'T be any more.  I'd like to explore 3, ODST, and Reach with my MX518 and WASD, but that'll never happen.  I'll be honest - if they released them as download-only Live-supported titles on the GFWL Marketplace, I'd probably get them.
    1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By 1337W422102
     Feels bad, man.
     Feels bad, man.
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.  A lot of people are cockhard for this game, but to me, it might as well have been a mod for GTA III.  I love the hell out of GTA III and played the shit out of it, so I was really excited for Vice.  But when I played Vice, it felt like more of the same, only with a story that makes no sense (GTA III had pretty much no story but didn't pretend to have one), and some new features which were kind of half-assed and not really all that fun.  The music was great, though, but Vice is more of a total conversion than a sequel.  I remember opening the box with my brother, and we looked at the map together.  He asked where the rest of the city was, and he was being serious.  Vice was a swing and a miss.

Also, " Halo 2 for Vista."  Talk about botching the PC release.  Gearbox did a decent job porting Combat Evolved to the PC in a timely fashion, but unfortunately Microsoft decided to do something DIFFERENT for the Halo 2 PC version.  Released way too late, only officially supported Vista to try to coax WinXP users to get a new OS, dated graphics, menus which show 360 controller buttons instead of keyboard keys, forcing Games for Windows Live down users' throats, requiring PC players to have Xbox Live Gold memberships for a console they don't own in order to access relatively standard features (such as ONLINE MULTIPLAYER) in a PC game they just bought (luckily, these nonsensical Gold-only restrictions were removed from GFWL titles - eventually), an editor that didn't work without patching/modification, a multiplayer server browser which STILL doesn't work properly (only detects games intermittently), no support or official patches except for one to remove an easter egg, and, perhaps most importantly, the game itself is awful.

There won't be any more Halo titles for the PC, and "Halo 2 for Vista" is a good reason why there SHOULDN'T be any more.  I'd like to explore 3, ODST, and Reach with my MX518 and WASD, but that'll never happen.  I'll be honest - if they released them as download-only Live-supported titles on the GFWL Marketplace, I'd probably get them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.