Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3: ODST

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Taking place during the events of Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST puts players in the shoes of a silent Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (known as the Rookie) as he traverses through the Covenant-occupied metropolis of New Mombasa to find the whereabouts of his missing squadmates.

New Firefight map: Rally Point Revealed.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zereta
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By crunchUK

ust now, i was reading the   Citadel info page. It all sounds very jolly, doesn't it? But one part in particular caught my eye:

Originally, it was much closer to the campaign space it's based around. Well, sort of. It was a much bigger level, with two elevators (one for each team) and really was designed for 2-sided objective games. We basically scrapped most of that design and it became a much smaller symmetrical space. The only thing remaining is the setting.

What role is Citadel intended to play in the Halo 3 multiplayer space and what game types work the best?

LB. It's very much the small symmetrical map that fans have been asking for. It works very well for small Team Slayer, but it's really great for Multi Flag and Assault as well

And the point of that was...? Yay, another 4vs4-based map that we will only ever play slayer on. I don't know if it's just me, but that feels like such a waste of a map. They should have kept the larger one, and then we might just be able to play CTF, assault and territories on it in SBTB, squad battle and team Flag.

Instead of bringing variety and entertainment though, bungie seem adamant on designing small maps with Objective in mind for their DLC (Assembly, Orbital, Sandbox) and then axing the only small playlist with Objective in it.  

You could say there's Social Skirmish, but i would like to point out that none of the paid DLC goes in there. Not even as optional. As a result we never see such "base" things as Multi flag on Assembly, which is epic fun from my brief experience with it in Team Mythic, even with BR-only starts on such a small map. But it's completely wasted. We might get CTF on Orbital once a month. If we're lucky.  

And then there's heretic. A mnidship remake. I loved miship as much as the next guy. but again we have the same problem. All we will ever see of this map is Rumble pit, Team Doubles and Team Slayer. I wouldn't consider doubles objective proper objective, it's just not as good. So really we will only ever see this map in slayer.

Longshore looks more promising, provided they don't limit it to just 1 sided objective in BTB.

So i guess my point is, why the hell create small maps that are hardly going to be used at all in Matchmaking? I just hope to god we see a brand new Team Objective by the time ODST comes out, or the next set of maps is going to be very, very disappointing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.